OK - Xmas Parade/Party Poll [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: OK - Xmas Parade/Party Poll

karnuvore
11-02-2008, 08:16 PM
I hope I get this right - I just drank a bottle of home brew wine...

We need to know who can make what meet/parade and when.

So answer the poll above. I'm gonna make it so we can view who voted for what so we can accomodate whoever needs whatever whenever however - you dig?

Thing is..The parade and the planned xmas gift exchange/M&G @ hooters are conflicting so we need to work something out. The parade, in case you didnt know - is a NIGHT parade. I think it kicks off in Winter Haven around 7 pm on the 5th of December. That's right, you can pull hte top down on your jeep and string xmas lights all over it. The planned gift exchange/M&G is planned the very next day @ Hooters in Buena Vista (same place as last time). Problem is, it's the very next day.

So we need to figure out if you guys wanna do the party a week later in buena vista or later that night in Winter Haven/Auburndale. Keep in mind, I dont mind anyone crashing at my house after the parade. All I can garauntee you is a couch and/or the floor. Oh, and some whiskey and beer. Ok, bring your own beer.

So answer the poll and we'll figure this out. Oh and in case you havent heard - we have corporate sponsorship for the entry fee for the parade (Sorenson & Schade Jeep Dealership - they are covering the $25 entry fees).

Let's figure this out....

Grant211
11-03-2008, 12:10 PM
i can't make it to the parade, because of work.

Here is a thought -
since some have mentioned about the long drive for both days, why not keep the party the same time and day, but push the party location farther east like in Downtown Orlando or even farther like Winter Park, Sanford, etc..?

karnuvore
11-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm game if the natives agree.

Grant211
11-03-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm game if the natives agree.

like i said before... i just bring up the idea's... i suck at the rest of it. somebody else finalyze it.

Crazy X
11-03-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm in for the Parade. It would be nice to move the M&G further South and West. I'm good for what ever you guys decide :beer:

bfj aka tambil
11-03-2008, 05:05 PM
ok. Too many damn decisions and planning. I'm game for whatever. To be honest it is a busy time so making it the same night might be better (for me, but I am just one). But whatever works for all, we could also meet up earlier that day and then do the parade thing. Did I mention I hate parades...LOL

EDIT< i just read the other post. I see, lets do it after the parade. A late night every now and then is good for the soul. Or a different weekend, thats cool with me too.

karnuvore
11-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Im starting to think After the parade. We're all in town all together, the parade is maybe 1-2 hours. Then we can drive across town (winter haven is small) to a wing joint and do the gift exchange. I think it's the best option.

Well?

Edit: I just rereadt he posts and saw Grant cant make it. The gift exchange was his idea so I dont think we should exclude him. Grant, plan the gift exchange the next day, pick the spot in orlando. You're more familiar w/ Orlando. Keep in mind Jose (and Billy?) are driving another 45 minutes from the south than us Polk county boys.

Grant211
11-10-2008, 04:29 AM
Im starting to think After the parade. We're all in town all together, the parade is maybe 1-2 hours. Then we can drive across town (winter haven is small) to a wing joint and do the gift exchange. I think it's the best option.

Well?

Edit: I just rereadt he posts and saw Grant cant make it. The gift exchange was his idea so I dont think we should exclude him. Grant, plan the gift exchange the next day, pick the spot in orlando. You're more familiar w/ Orlando. Keep in mind Jose (and Billy?) are driving another 45 minutes from the south than us Polk county boys.

Thanks for the suggestion of changing the date because of me, but i say majority rule at this point... go ahead and plan it and if i can't make it, its not that big of a deal... No hard feelings. I just throw ideas up on the wall and see what sticks.

Jester
11-10-2008, 06:43 AM
Thats noble of you Grant but I agree with Dave it was your idea and you should be there. Unless your just trying to get out of buying a gift Cheapskate!!:thefinger:

Crazy X
11-11-2008, 06:28 AM
Who cares what Grant says :thefinger: J/K it was his Idea and it would be Nice if we can all be there.:)