SNOW RUN!! Winter FunFest, Jan 14-16 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: SNOW RUN!! Winter FunFest, Jan 14-16

JeepThing
11-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Whose going? Is anyone thinking about going or signed up yet? :bounce:

This is a Cal4Wheel sponsored event with everything from extreme condition snow runs to historical SUV runs. Camping with full RV hookups is available at the fairgrounds and if anyone’s staying in a hotel, let me know I’ve got corporate rates at many of the places in town. With an early start to our snow season, the snow conditions should be awesome this year!

It would be fun to load up a run with JKs, or even do our own run Friday afternoon or a night ride Friday or Saturday, depending on everyone’s plans.

Information and registration is available on Cal4Wheel’s website (http://cal4wheel.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76&Itemid=202). There are tire size and locker requirements for some of the trails, so check out the trail descriptions. Space is limited on most trails, so sign up early! I’ll be gunning the Frostbite Extreme run for a friend who leads it.

Anyone up for a night run ...
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/Henness%20Pass%20Night%20Snow%20Run%20-%2014Mar2009/IMG_3987.jpg

Or just want to play in the deep stuff ...
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/Gaston%20Grade%20Snow%20Run/IMG_0592.jpg

Eugene
11-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Decisions, decisions. That's the same weekend as JK Experience down at the Hammers.

THECHAD
11-29-2010, 09:45 PM
I WILL BE THERE:bounce:

JeepThing
12-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Decisions, decisions. That's the same weekend as JK Experience down at the Hammers.

Hate it when all the good stuff's going on at the same time! The 'time off' factor for that weekend made it an easy decision for me though - work's just getting in the way! Snow run in the backyard's a lot closer than an 18 hour round trip. Next time ...

I WILL BE THERE:bounce:

Cool! Which run are you on?

THECHAD
12-01-2010, 06:18 PM
was waiting to see if we could get a few jks in here before i signed up. by mods I can do any of them will be running 38.5s with double beadlocks with lockers front and rear.. Just tell me which one you are running and i'll sign up

THECHAD
12-01-2010, 06:23 PM
for me the choice was easy..i'm not going to do a run with no spare parts, and I wouldnt drive that far to watch other people wheel. Winterfest is awesome, if you guys havent been to winterfest you are missing a hell of a good time. good snow runs,good partys at night, awesome raffles.

Eugene
12-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Been to one 2 years ago. I help a club work the raffle. The time and distance thing has got me thinking.......

THECHAD
12-01-2010, 09:25 PM
come on Eugene come play in the snow!!!

cab76
12-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Sounds like fun - I should be able to make it. I'll look up the details this weekend - we definitely should try to meet up for one of the runs.

JeepThing
12-02-2010, 11:04 PM
was waiting to see if we could get a few jks in here before i signed up. by mods I can do any of them will be running 38.5s with double beadlocks with lockers front and rear.. Just tell me which one you are running and i'll sign up

I'll be on Frostbite Extreme. A friend of mine leads that trail and I have been a gunner for him the last couple of years. Let's make this a JK run!!

JeepThing
12-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Anyone signed up for this yet? What trails are you running?

Eugene
12-21-2010, 06:26 PM
I think I'm going to pass. $90 to register + $45 to join Cal 4 wheel. Plus I'd need a room for a couple of nights thats another $150. I saw some plan for a rent a cabin wheeling trip. We would all go in on a cabin and could wheel at our leisure. But we'll hook up this winter, most definetely.

HOGGSTATUS
12-21-2010, 07:23 PM
I think I'm going to pass. $90 to register + $45 to join Cal 4 wheel. Plus I'd need a room for a couple of nights thats another $150. I saw some plan for a rent a cabin wheeling trip. We would all go in on a cabin and could wheel at our leisure. But we'll hook up this winter, most definetely.

I'm with you on this!! I don't pay to wheel or to join some club, BUT YOU CAN PAY TO WHEEL WITH ME....:laughing2:You can pay to wheel with me by paying for the gas going in your Jeep and the Food/Drinks you'll be consuming!! "CUTTS CREW" is NO RULES...Good times! Open to Anyone regardless of Lockers, tire size or wheeling ability! THAT'S WHAT'S UP!! But I'm not knocking this run at all....:smokin:

cruzcode
12-21-2010, 09:12 PM

I'm with you on this!! I don't pay to wheel or to join some club, BUT YOU CAN PAY TO WHEEL WITH ME....:laughing2:You can pay to wheel with me by paying for the gas going in your Jeep and the Food/Drinks you'll be consuming!! "CUTTS CREW" is NO RULES...Good times! Open to Anyone regardless of Lockers, tire size or wheeling ability! THAT'S WHAT'S UP!! But I'm not knocking this run at all....:smokin:

Jeff has a point. If you guys are not up for paying $285 for the run (which sounds like a really fun run, btw), you can buy (4) cans of "Tire Wet", and a six-pack of Bud Light Lime, and you can wheel with me! :D

RC

THECHAD
12-22-2010, 09:26 PM
well then come on up to chico area that weekend, rent cabins up in butte meadows, wheel in some awesome snow...what do you say?

nootherride
12-22-2010, 09:35 PM
well then come on up to chico area that weekend, rent cabins up in butte meadows, wheel in some awesome snow...what do you say?

x2 we can put together a sick run up here for less than that...Cabins or Downtown chico would be sweet:D

Sat: High lakes

Sun: Butte meadows/???

Eugene
12-22-2010, 09:57 PM
I think i could do that weekend, and I know where Chico is. What are the details on these cabins?

nootherride
12-23-2010, 02:37 PM
I think i could do that weekend, and I know where Chico is. What are the details on these cabins?

http://www.totalescape.com/destin/california-towns.php?tid=675

This place is like 6 to 8 feet in the snow right now lol...ill put up some current photos and info when i get back from x-mas....the chad probably knows alot more then i do....

THECHAD
12-24-2010, 09:14 AM
i'll check with the owner, and see what kind of a deal we can get on the cabins, but we kind of need to know how many peeps are coming, so I know how many cabins.. post up if your coming