Power? I don't need no stinkin power! [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Power? I don't need no stinkin power!

Stuka
11-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Posting this from work (which I finally got into). As I have been without power or water since Saturday. PG&E is still not sure on when power will be restored. The outages were caused by most trees still having their leaves, then having 2ft of snow dumped on them.

This may turn out to be a not very thankful thanksgiving. Everything in my fridge and freezer is lost. But thank goodness for LED flashlights, batteries last for ages in them!

So until I get power back, have fun everybody!

R8R ROK
11-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Posting this from work (which I finally got into). As I have been without power or water since Saturday. PG&E is still not sure on when power will be restored. The outages were caused by most trees still having their leaves, then having 2ft of snow dumped on them.

This may turn out to be a not very thankful thanksgiving. Everything in my fridge and freezer is lost. But thank goodness for LED flashlights, batteries last for ages in them!

So until I get power back, have fun everybody!

Damm man , hang in there. It will be a Thankful Thanksgiving for you no matter what. Because you will make it happen. :grinpimp:

Its all perspective. Easy for me to say with power and all but just make the best of it. This will be one you will never forget so try and have fun with it. Its really just all about being with the people you care about anyway.

JeepThing
11-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Hope it comes on soon for you Stuka! A day or so's not too bad, but when it drags on for days it's just downright miserable. Especially if you're on a well and don't have water.

This was a killer storm. I can't believe how many trees are down all over. We drove around Sunday and it looked like a war zone. We ended up with over 20" at my property and the neighbors there are still without power. Good luck!

R8R ROK
11-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Hope it comes on soon for you Stuka! A day or so's not too bad, but when it drags on for days it's just downright miserable. Especially if you're on a well and don't have water.

This was a killer storm. I can't believe how many trees are down all over. We drove around Sunday and it looked like a war zone. We ended up with over 20" at my property and the neighbors there are still without power. Good luck!

Hey guys keep us posted.

Hope all is well.

R8R ROK
11-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Brandon,

Hope things are going a bit better for you guys up there. Let us know when you have a chance how things are working out.

JKDinker
11-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Brandon, how you hanging? Need anything? Well besides fucking power........Hope you made the best of it this Thanksgiving. Larry

Monty
11-25-2010, 07:18 PM
well, his last activity was yesterday at 2:04. damn. hope they get that fixed for you guys pretty quick.

Stuka
11-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Well, 6 days later, we got power around mid day today. This has been a LONG week. You dont miss running water and electricity until you are away from it for a week.

So while it has been a long week, this wont be a thanksgiving we forget :)

JeepThing
11-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Glad you're out of the dark and have running water again!

Stuka
11-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Glad you're out of the dark and have running water again!

Me too!!

Here are a few photos from this week (thankfully my camera had a full charge):

Chains! Never leave home without em!
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5003/5210461053_3ede9fbcfb_b.jpg

Wednesday Morning
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4085/5210466003_3b26b8c3be_b.jpg

Looking up the last 3/4 of my driveway after plowing with the tractor:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4108/5211067672_f00797908d_b.jpg

Burried!
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5002/5211070656_abef91e397_b.jpg

Rockafella
11-27-2010, 03:02 AM
Glad to see that you're back w/ power but I wanted to comment on the awesome pics and how bad I wish we could get a snow storm like that:bounce:

R8R ROK
11-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Brandon,
Good to see your driveway plowed.

I don't know what I am going to do for my winter updates when you move.

I won't be able to see Stukas Driveway report Live from Twaine Harte.

Glad the power is on.

Stuka
11-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Brandon,
Good to see your driveway plowed.

I don't know what I am going to do for my winter updates when you move.

I won't be able to see Stukas Driveway report Live from Twaine Harte.

Glad the power is on.

lol, its actually snowing again. But we are not going to get much fromt his storm.