Have you seen this?? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Have you seen this??

rooster
10-30-2008, 12:04 PM
I just placed my order for the bar and seat belts... Cant wait to get them. I apologize in advance for the logo stamped into the pictures.

http://www.project-jk.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90681&g2_serialNumber=2

http://www.project-jk.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90699&g2_serialNumber=2

Grant211
10-30-2008, 12:17 PM
pretty slick... now you just need the racing seat and you can do the full 5-point racing seat harness.

EDIT - see i knew it wouldn't be long till you added another mod to your jeep! LOL!!!!!

rooster
10-30-2008, 12:38 PM
EDIT - see i knew it wouldn't be long till you added another mod to your jeep! LOL!!!!!

Thats what the wife said too. :thefinger: Hey its for safety right? ;)

Grant211
10-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Thats what the wife said too. :thefinger: Hey its for safety right? ;)

then... i guess this is your next mod sport cage (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552775)... you know safety is important:laughing:

rooster
10-30-2008, 12:54 PM
then... i guess this is your next mod sport cage (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552775)... you know safety is important:laughing:

:laughing: thats the plan.

My next mod might be 37's. Im going to sell my 18's and Toyo's on the Jeep now and maybe the 35's Im picking up Monday. Im keeping the 17" rims on them. If I can swing it 37's will go on next.

Seriously my list is getting smaller. 37's, driveshafts, cage. I still need to find a top now that I sold mine. I cant decide on the soft top or the trek top. After that everything else is just because.

Grant211
10-30-2008, 12:59 PM

My next mod might be 37's. Im going to sell my 18's and Toyo's on the Jeep now and maybe the 35's Im picking up Monday. Im keeping the 17" rims on them. If I can swing it 37's will go on next.

Seriously my list is getting smaller. 37's, driveshafts, cage. I still need to find a top now that I sold mine. I cant decide on the soft top or the trek top. After that everything else is just because.

dude, go taller than 37's... seriously!!!

and ohh yeah.... YOU SUCK!

HITMONEY
10-30-2008, 01:01 PM
I am getting them with the sport cage as well.

^5

rooster
10-30-2008, 01:11 PM
See Im just trying to keep up with the Hitmoney's! :thefinger: Have you seen his Jeep in person? Its a crowd pleazer fo-sho!

Grant211
10-30-2008, 01:15 PM
See Im just trying to keep up with the Hitmoney's! :thefinger: Have you seen his Jeep in person? Its a crowd pleazer fo-sho!

not yet!! I hope so next weekend and more importantly... I hope to get to see his "co-workers" in action:bounce:

HITMONEY
10-30-2008, 01:43 PM
not yet!! I hope so next weekend and more importantly... I hope to get to see his "co-workers" in action:bounce:

They are crowd pleasers as well. :D

HITMONEY
10-30-2008, 01:49 PM
:idea:

Rooster... Make me an offer on my 37" Grapplers.. I got 5 of them.. about 2000 miles on four and one with zero miles.

I am going all out now that it won't fit in the garage anymore.

FL JEEPN
10-30-2008, 01:59 PM

Tell me how much tread is on those Toyo's and what you want for them...:bounce::bounce: :beer::beer:

rooster
10-30-2008, 01:59 PM
:idea:

Rooster... Make me an offer on my 37" Grapplers.. I got 5 of them.. about 2000 miles on four and one with zero miles.

I am going all out now that it won't fit in the garage anymore.

Wow that sounds good. I dont want to low ball you so throw me in the ballpark. I need to sell my Toyo's and 35's Im picking up this weekend before I can buy them. You changing rim size too? Im just wondering if I should forgo him and just pick yours up (rims/tires)...

I think I would need spacers to correct? I was thinking I saw them on your Jeep.

rooster
10-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Tell me how much tread is on those Toyo's and what you want for them...:bounce::bounce: :beer::beer:

Im in Tennessee so when I get back to Orlando I'll measure them. I meant to before I left but I had too much going on. I'll be back sometime on Monday. I'll check them and send you a PM on Monday night or Tuesday.

You looking for wheels to or just tires?

HITMONEY
10-30-2008, 02:06 PM
No I am not changing wheel size.. sticking with 17's.

I need to get $1,200.00 for mine to make it work for me... if you come down here that will include mounting and balancing. ;)

That is $240 a tire. (not including wheel)

Grant211
10-30-2008, 02:10 PM
not to hijack this thread even more, but Jeff - if you buy hitmoney's wheels and tires... I say lets do a ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!

HITMONEY
10-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Well, I didn't want to sell my wheels, but I am sure we could work that into a deal... been wanting to go to beadlocks.

FL JEEPN
10-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Im in Tennessee so when I get back to Orlando I'll measure them. I meant to before I left but I had too much going on. I'll be back sometime on Monday. I'll check them and send you a PM on Monday night or Tuesday.

You looking for wheels to or just tires?

My budget is telling me just tires, however, if the price is right I may buy wheels and tires. :beer:

So give me a ballpark figure and we'll see what happens....and no, I'm not buy HITMONEYS tires for you....I can almost buy a set of new KM2's for 1200 :) :).

Grant211
10-30-2008, 02:20 PM
everybody is trying to work out a deal... I feel left out:bawling:

FL JEEPN
10-30-2008, 02:21 PM
everybody is trying to work out a deal... I feel left out:bawling:

That's because your worried about your JK sleeping outside in the cold :shaking::grinpimp:

HITMONEY
10-30-2008, 02:25 PM
$1200 mounted for mine is a deal... and to put that in perspective.. I have to add another 1200.00 on top of that to get my 40" Grapplers. :shaking:

I think I have a grudge against my wallet.

Grant211
10-30-2008, 02:29 PM
That's because your worried about your JK sleeping outside in the cold :shaking::grinpimp:

tell me about it... I've been looking at houses and one of the first things that come to mind is "how tall is the garage" and "can i make the garage bigger if needed" :grinpimp:

can we hijack this thread anymore?;)

karnuvore
10-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Sweet Jeff! Neat and inexpensive mod - just the kind I like. Does it come in the blue color or what?

Tires, wheels, selling, buying, trading....I think I need to buy something. This is contagious.

HITMONEY
10-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Jeff.. what belts did you get??

I got the M&R 2" Belt in Blue.
http://www.mrproducts.com/index.php?func=view&id=268&cookie=yes

The bar comes bare metal, I will probably powder coat mine blue as I will the cage.

:)

Karn... I saw somewhere a spill proof water bong that mounts to the center consol of the Jeep... you might like that one. :smokin:

karnuvore
10-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Karn... I saw somewhere a spill proof water bong that mounts to the center consol of the Jeep... you might like that one. :smokin:

Hey Im a deadhead, but Im a drunk - not a pothead. I burned out on that years ago.

Besides, I herculined the floors - spill away.

edit: and Id want the bar in black. I dont get the bright colors in roll cages etc.

HITMONEY
10-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Hey Im a deadhead, but Im a drunk - not a pothead. I burned out on that years ago.

Besides, I herculined the floors - spill away.

edit: and Id want the bar in black. I dont get the bright colors in roll cages etc.

I may due black... havent decided. I have the blue accents all over the rig, but I don't want it to be too much either... we'll see.

A drunk huh... have to install a Jagermister Machine in the back. :beer:

B1JPSTER
10-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Is that attached by small screws through the sheet metal of the door frame? Or do they attach somehwere else also.

HITMONEY
10-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Is that attached by small screws through the sheet metal of the door frame? Or do they attach somehwere else also.

Will let ya know when it gets here. :)

B1JPSTER
10-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Will let ya know when it gets here. :)

Fair enough and thank you.

chromedome
10-30-2008, 03:27 PM
you are sooo gonna get banned when eddie or the butt patrol sees you used his pictures over here. you rock, congratulations!!

Grant211
10-30-2008, 03:35 PM
you are sooo gonna get banned when eddie or the butt patrol sees you used his pictures over here. you rock, congratulations!!

his BUTTpatrol (good lord, thats funny. i wonder if you mean ROBAR...) can't ban somebody that they already banned! Shoot, more than half of the people that have replied in this thread have already be banned...

venom
10-30-2008, 04:25 PM

If it's like the front of the sport cage, it bolts through the umpteen layers of sheetmetal in the door jamb there - the front sheetmetal is about 1/4" thick at that point with 3/8" button head screws going through into a steel sideplate with a thick, threaded backing plate.
Remember this stuff is a 'sport cage' and braces, not a full on, cut whatever you have to in order to make it work, drop it off a cliff onto its top, roll cage.

they'll help if you roll but they are NOT designed to be a subtitute for a full on, frame mounted chromoly cage.

StubEXrube
10-30-2008, 04:35 PM
.edit: and Id want the bar in black. I dont get the bright colors in roll cages etc.

You mean, you don't like this one? :D

HITMONEY
10-30-2008, 05:12 PM
If it's like the front of the sport cage, it bolts through the umpteen layers of sheetmetal in the door jamb there - the front sheetmetal is about 1/4" thick at that point with 3/8" button head screws going through into a steel sideplate with a thick, threaded backing plate.
Remember this stuff is a 'sport cage' and braces, not a full on, cut whatever you have to in order to make it work, drop it off a cliff onto its top, roll cage.

they'll help if you roll but they are NOT designed to be a subtitute for a full on, frame mounted chromoly cage.

I would do the Full-On cage... but you can't get through the dash to the frame on the JK.. You would really have to chop it up.

karnuvore
10-30-2008, 06:07 PM
You mean, you don't like this one? :D

lol dear god. No, but my wife likes it.

venom
10-30-2008, 06:22 PM
I would do the Full-On cage... but you can't get through the dash to the frame on the JK.. You would really have to chop it up.

It has been done, but it aint easy, takes a LOT of work and skill and chopping
PolyPerformance is supposed to have a JK cage sometime
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3357

Here's ORE's full cage
http://www.offroadevolution.com/projects/wp-gallery2.php?g2_itemId=762

So I'm happy with my RockHard kit
Retrofitting the corner trim pieces was a little rough, but the end result looks pretty good :grinpimp:

karnuvore
10-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Im gonna err on the side of caution and assume I'll never roll my jeep.

FL JEEPN
10-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Im gonna err on the side of caution and assume I'll never roll my jeep.

Yup...that's when it happens.."I'll never......" :beer:

rooster
10-30-2008, 06:56 PM
not to hijack this thread even more, but Jeff - if you buy hitmoney's wheels and tires... I say lets do a ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!

FOR REAL!! I may have to do that. Im going to do some research on the Nitto's and see what it looks like. I know they look bad a$$ in person but I heard the mileage they get suck. My Toyo's are holding strong.

rooster
10-30-2008, 06:57 PM

Whats a little thread hijacking amongst friends! :thefinger:

rooster
10-30-2008, 06:59 PM
that will include mounting and balancing

Would that happen at your place of employment and do I get my choice...blonde or brunette. :laughing:

rooster
10-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Sweet Jeff! Neat and inexpensive mod - just the kind I like. Does it come in the blue color or what?

Tires, wheels, selling, buying, trading....I think I need to buy something. This is contagious.

They come bare metal. It was a good deal though. 129.95 and only 17.21 shipping. I hope to get it painted/powder coated and in the Jeep for River Rock.

rooster
10-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Jeff.. what belts did you gett?

ooh, I like that one. I didnt order my belts today because I cant decide. Te problem is the bar is built or wrap around belts (not that you couldnt drill it) but the seats are bolt in. So Ive been looking for a belt with the wrap around or bolt in hardware.

rooster
10-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Now...what color? Black or Silver :grinpimp:

Im just glad someone finally came out with some way to mount some belts! Hitmoney did you buy the rear one too?

Grant211
10-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Whats a little thread hijacking amongst friends! :thefinger:

HOLY REPLY BUTTON BATMAN!!!! You know there is a MULTIQUOTE feature where all the quotes can be caught in one reply...:thefinger:

anyways... paint it silver to match the rock doors and get rear bucket seats

HITMONEY
10-30-2008, 08:15 PM
FOR REAL!! I may have to do that. Im going to do some research on the Nitto's and see what it looks like. I know they look bad a$$ in person but I heard the mileage they get suck. My Toyo's are holding strong.

Nope, just the opposite, just ask Clackey how many miles he has on his... think he is over 30k.

Would that happen at your place of employment and do I get my choice...blonde or brunette. :laughing:

That package is availble at an additional charge. ;)

Now...what color? Black or Silver :grinpimp:

Im just glad someone finally came out with some way to mount some belts! Hitmoney did you buy the rear one too?

Nope, just the front... my rear seat spends most of its life folded down.. eventually gonna do Mastercraft buckets back there.

Moose512
10-31-2008, 10:51 AM
OK. I tap out. I can't keep up with you guys and your mods!!!

Dennis, I'm just gonna ride in with you and your Mastercraft seats at Easter Jeep!! I'll bring the fuses (bad joke):)

HITMONEY
10-31-2008, 12:20 PM
OK. I tap out. I can't keep up with you guys and your mods!!!

Dennis, I'm just gonna ride in with you and your Mastercraft seats at Easter Jeep!! I'll bring the fuses (bad joke):)

:pissed: :thefinger: :lol:

I am sure if I had a family I wouldn't be able to do half the mods I have done.. thats why I am in such a hurry to get this thing done... just in case a family "Happens".

:D

Moose512
10-31-2008, 01:39 PM
Don't be a fool, wrap your tool!!!!!:D

Just don't be surprised! Keep the dogs away from the birth control pills!!!

And as far as mods, family or not, I am going to do my best to stay with you guys. The kids won't mind, college is overrated.

HITMONEY
10-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Don't be a fool, wrap your tool!!!!!:D

Just don't be surprised! Keep the dogs away from the birth control pills!!!

And as far as mods, family or not, I am going to do my best to stay with you guys. The kids won't mind, college is overrated.

It ok, just send a nice letter to President Obama stating you spent your kids college tuition on Jeep Mods and he will gladly send you a check to cover their tuition.

HITMONEY
10-31-2008, 02:06 PM
And just to be fair... if by some miracle McCain gets it, send him the same letter and you will get what the bird left on the rock.

:laughing:

rooster
10-31-2008, 02:20 PM
Ordered the belts today. I got the Mastercraft "Y" belt. It has the bolt in lap belt but wrap around for the shoulder. Guess that solves that.

HITMONEY
10-31-2008, 02:36 PM
Ordered the belts today. I got the Mastercraft "Y" belt. It has the bolt in lap belt but wrap around for the shoulder. Guess that solves that.

Black?

rooster
10-31-2008, 04:34 PM
Black?

Yes black. I was going to go Silver but they only had Black, Red and your color Blue

Moose512
11-01-2008, 06:58 AM
With all of the mudding that you do, black was probably the better choice!!

rooster
11-01-2008, 01:50 PM
With all of the mudding that you do, black was probably the better choice!!

LOL. Im done mudding! I hate cleaning the damn thing. I'll still trail ride it or rock krawl it but serioualy NO MORE MUD!

PhilD
11-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Installed the RH4x4 harness bar this morning, very easy to do. Just waiting on some Mastercraft harnesses now.

HITMONEY
11-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Still waiting on mine...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/hitmoney/smilies/9bab5ebd.gif

rooster
11-13-2008, 03:56 AM
Got mine yesterday!! Just need to get it painted.

Phil do you have more pics of yours installed? How do the sides look where it bolts to the body? How was it drilling thru the side pillars? What color did you paint yours? Its hard to tell from the pictures.

PhilD
11-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Phil do you have more pics of yours installed?A few, (see below).

I painted mine Rustoleum Hammered Black, which is more of a charcoal, very dark gray color. I'm waiting on the padding kit which will cover most of it anyway.

To install it, you need to remove the b-pillar trim, which requires removing the upper seat belt retainer, then popping the trim off. A trim removal tool helps. The trim is actually two pieces but they are bonded together, it is very easy to end up separating them, but a glue gun will fix this.

Once the trim was off I placed the bar in place, used some bungies to hold it in place, and then measured and double checked that it was level. Marked the holes and drilled them out using a step drill. A step drill will help prevent ripping the sheet metal.

Then just bolted it place. The bolts distort the sheet metal a bit, but nothing major.

Then it is time to trim the b-pillar trim. I just lined up the mounting tabs, pushed it up against the bar brackets, marked it and trimmed it.

Whole thing took 90 minutes, but like many things the second time would be much faster.

rooster
11-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Awesome! Thanks Phil. Just one more question if you dont mind. About your belts. Did you get the wrap around, bolt in or bar wrap and bolt in on the lap belt? My order was cancelled because they didnt have them in stock so Im trying to figure out my options.

How are you going to do the bolt in portion for the lap belt? I was thinking I would put them where the factory seat belts bolt in on the seat but not sure of that acceptible. Hey thanks again for the great deal on those Riddler covers! I love mine.

PhilD
11-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Waiting on the harness. Went with 2x3 bolt in. I plan to use the bolts that hold the seat frame down at the back. Not sure if I'll need longer bolts yet, but should be okay. Once I get the harnesses installed, I'll do a quick write up on the whole thing.

rooster
11-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Good plan! I didnt think about the seat bolts. That would take care of the bolt issue for the lap belts.

I need a drive shaft. You got any good deals?

PhilD
11-13-2008, 04:30 PM
I need a drive shaft. You got any good deals?What do you need?

rooster
11-13-2008, 04:49 PM
What do you need?

FRONT 1310 or a 1330. Im only running 35's right now but Ive got 6.5" on my 4 door. My front is pretty tweaked and the boot is torn. I dont think I need a 1350 or at least hope not. Id rather my weak point be in the yoke instead of the transfer case. So long story short; a deal! lol. I need it by next Wednesday though. We're headed up to Georgia to go to River Rock. So I was thinking I might have to go to a local shop and have one made.

I really dont want the OE style opting for the CV. Im kind of confused though. I was looking at a Woods and they are more $$ than the JE Reels. But it appears the Woods comes with the yokes as well as the Teraflex unit. Do the Reels not? Is the Woods basically a slip yoke eliminator? I get lost when it comes to understanding driveshafts.

ps...Im going to wait on the rear until after Christmas.

PhilD
11-13-2008, 05:04 PM
So I was thinking I might have to go to a local shop and have one made.That is always an option and depending on where you are, getting one by Wednesday (without paying a fortune for shipping) may not be possible anyone

I really dont want the OE style opting for the CV.Right now we have OE front shafts here and can do you a good deal on one. The others would ship from JE, but I doubt you'd get it before Wednesday.

Do the Reels not? They come with everything you need including the yokes.

Send me a PM if you need any more info/pricing/etc.

venom
11-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Not sure if I'll need longer bolts yet, but should be okay.

The seat bolts are WAY long, you should be fine

rooster
11-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Send me a PM if you need any more info/pricing/etc.

Sent you a PM

venom
11-19-2008, 08:18 PM
mine got here yesterday and I havent installed it yet
I'm slipping bad!
tomorrow after work project, gotta dig out my old 4 points and see if they'll work:mr-t:

rooster
11-19-2008, 09:43 PM
mine got here yesterday and I havent installed it yet
I'm slipping bad!
tomorrow after work project, gotta dig out my old 4 points and see if they'll work:mr-t:

Keep us posted. Im going wheeling for a few days but would like to see some pics when I get back!

HITMONEY
11-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Mine arrived this week as well as my belts.

I am gonna powder coat the bar, even though I got the pad with it just to be sure it doesn't rust.

And then I am gonna have to figure out how to install the belts. :shaking:

PhilD
11-20-2008, 07:16 PM
And then I am gonna have to figure out how to install the belts. :shaking:I just installed mine, will post up some pics tomorrow.

venom
11-20-2008, 09:10 PM
was gonna install mine tonight but I welded on Woods Rubi-tubes instead
gotta get some more spray bedliner before I can reinstall the tubes or the belt bar anyway

Grant211
11-21-2008, 05:46 AM
all this talk and no pictures... come on... you should of known this comment was coming.:)

venom
11-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Got it in tonight and was able to re use my old 4 points out of my S2000
only downside is that they wouldnt come completely apart to feed through the retainer slot on the bar
I'll figure something out later.
No pics cuz I just finished and it's almost 1AM and therefore pretty dark out.:thefinger:
:mr-t:

PhilD
11-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Here's quick write up on the install for anyone interested.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=56743

http://www.trailduty.com/tech/harness_bar/images/harness_10.jpg