NorCal / Turlock "Installation Party" - Saturday, 11/20 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: NorCal / Turlock "Installation Party" - Saturday, 11/20

cruzcode
11-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Okay, for those of you who have either anxiously or patiently awaited this date, the "Installation Party" for my DynaTrac PR44 has been set! I'll be taking delivery tomorrow!

Date: Saturday, November 20th
Time: Ass-early, to ass-late (Translation 9:00 am - ??)

NOTE: Two venues would have been preferred for location, resources, etc. Shaffer's Off-Road (thank you, Mike), and Jason Mac's Pro-Line Shop (thank you, Jason), however due to either Baja 1000 commitments, or time alotted, we were unable to make the Installation Party work at those locations for this particular install. Thanks to both Mike Shaffer and Jason Mac for either offering or being open to using their respective shops!

CONFIRMED ATTENDEES:

rubirobv
Eugene
sbron
Marcy
09Rubicon
caligirl
the rest to be determined...
SCOPE OF INSTALL: All phases of the D30 for PR44 axle swap, and related items, including but not limited to, wrenching, observing, talking crap, consuming BBQ/beverages, and/or socializing. Also, I will be trying to document & photograph this install, for an a write-up on JKO/Pirate.

Phase One:

Remove D30
Install Reid Racing Knuckles on Pro-Rock 44
Install Poly Performance Upper Track Bar bracket on frame rail
Install Rock Krawler UCA Johnny Joint
Install RCVs (measure clearance and determine if "grooving" is necessary)
Install Brakes from D30 onto PR44
Install Coast 1310 Driveshaft/Plate
Install assembled Pro-Rock into JK
Install second RK upper control-arm
Flip ball-joints on Rock Krawler HD Tie-Rod
Set Steering Stops on Reids
Fill with diff fluid
Check connections for ESC
Test braking, steering, and highway speed
Drink a couple of man-sodas
Phase Two:

Run/Install Stainless/Braided Lines from Air Manifold/Solenoids (pre-installed) to respective ARB lockers (front & rear)
Re-Install custom fabricated RROR skid plate for Evap + Modified Viair Air-Tank, and re-connect wiring and supply line
Test OBA system for leaks and pressure
Test ARB lockers
Phase Three:

Set bump stops (front & rear)
Mark over-axle pipe where it needs to be bent/modified (hits track bar)
Remaining Items to be Coordinated:

Food & Drink: I do not have a barbeque. If someone has one, and wants to bring one, then that is fine. If not, I have a kitchen. I don't know how to use it, but someone else is more than welcome to it. Based on replies & suggestions, I will buy appropriate food & drink...
Furniture: I just moved into this apartment, and haven't even had my sofa/loveseat delivered. Although furniture wouldn't really help, since the Install Party is primarily in my garage! If you can, bring a camping chair!
Tools: I have a lean amount of hand tools, a brand new torque wrench, (4) 4-ton jack stands, and a new 3-ton hydraulic jack. I do not have an electric impact gun. If you have one, and feel like bringing it, you'll be a hero. I "think" I still have my pry bar, and a small hammer. If you have a small sledge, please bring. 35mm axle nut socket... I've ordered one today, but it may or may not arrive by Friday. If not, I'll need to borrow one (Brian you said you have one?) If anyone wants to bring a couple of extra rachets, that may help, so we don't all have to share ONE.
Brunettes, Blondes, & Redheads: We have (1) redhead confirmed, (1) blonde confirmed, and sadly enough, we do not yet have (1) brunette confirmed. This is serious guys. Someone needs to step up.
Man-Sodas: I'll purchase some man-sodas, but if there is a particular persuasion that you prefer, please bring it along.
Volunteer for Operating iPod for Tunes: Marcy??? Leesa???
Volunteer for Documenting Install: Marcy??? Leesa???
Volunteer for Photographing Install: Marcy??? Leesa???
Volunteer for Interjecting Smartass Comments: Scott (09Rubicon)???
Anyway, this should be a good time! I have music, a kitchen, a garage, a JK, a bunch of parts, and a lot of sarcasm. I'm thinking if we mix all of this together, an "installation" should occur!

In addition to those confirmed above, this "Installation Party" is open to all JKO members. Simply PM me, and confirm attendance, and I'll shoot you my address. Thanks to my friends who have agreed to come down and help with the install, and I'll look forward to meeting some new friends as well!

RC

Sludge Puppy
11-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Getting to either Mikes or Jasons shop is one hell of a drive. I think most of us will be at Jasons Saturday, and Of course monitoring Mike's travels with the 1000 :) Good luck, look forward to pics

Marcy
11-16-2010, 10:01 PM
What can I bring?

cruzcode
11-16-2010, 10:02 PM
What can I bring?

Dunno yet. Since I can't cook, and do not have a barbeque, what do you suggest? I can buy food, but can't prep it. Thoughts??? :)

RC

Marcy
11-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Dunno yet. Since I can't cook, and do not have a barbeque, what do you suggest? I can buy food, but can't prep it. Thoughts??? :)

RC

I can make some homemade chili and that would be enough to feed a ton of people...

cruzcode
11-16-2010, 10:24 PM
I can make some homemade chili and that would be enough to feed a ton of people...

Whoa! You would do that?!? That is bad ass. Yes, please!

I can buy pizza, or burgers/chicken, if someone knows how to cook it on a stove. I will also get chips, salsa, snacks, and shit like that.

:beer: for Marcy!

RC

nootherride
11-16-2010, 10:32 PM
im gonna be at the sf build...

cruzcode
11-16-2010, 10:51 PM
im gonna be at the sf build...

Cool, it sounds like a great time. If you're still out and about, feel free to stop by this one. Otherwise, another time...

RC

Stuka
11-16-2010, 11:00 PM
Arg, wish this wasn't on the same day as the other gathering. Can't go to both :/

DiscoBayJoe
11-16-2010, 11:08 PM
I'm supposed to be heading to my parent's place near Mariposa for an early Thanksgiving this Saturday. That means I would be passing thru Turlock on the 99 at some point that morning. I wouldn't be able to stay long enough to be of any real value to the install, but It could be cool to stop by for a meet & greet and to lend a hand should it be needed while there (maybe an hour, something like 10AM-11AM... Supposed to be in Mariposa around Noon).

cruzcode
11-16-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm supposed to be heading to my parent's place near Mariposa for an early Thanksgiving this Saturday. That means I would be passing thru Turlock on the 99 at some point that morning. I wouldn't be able to stay long enough to be of any real value to the install, but It could be cool to stop by for a meet & greet and to lend a hand should it be needed while there (maybe an hour, something like 10AM-11AM... Supposed to be in Mariposa around Noon).

I'll PM you my address. It would be good to meet & greet. Sounds good!

RC

Stuka
11-16-2010, 11:47 PM
You know, I may be able to go. With the weather this weekend, it sounds liek snow here. Which would prevent me from going and spending the night in SF. So its not a for sure, but would be fun to do something with Jeepers this weekend. And I know my way around a garage ;)

marinespence
11-17-2010, 12:49 AM
I'm going to Proline in Sf.... sorry things didn't work out but its understandable. Depending on whether or not I'm using my dd I might stop by later.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

R8R ROK
11-17-2010, 01:33 AM
Arg, wish this wasn't on the same day as the other gathering. Can't go to both :/

This is the new world over here. Simply put, we are going to have a huge Wrenchfest or just a fest on the next one where we all get together. Then as Himoney said all of us degenerates can just keep degenerating.

If Hogg has it his way it won't take long. LOL.

cruzcode
11-17-2010, 07:34 AM
There is plenty of time for gatherings and for degeneration. With the the number of relatively crazy JKOwners that were here in the phonebooth, to you crazy one just coming aboard, I have a feeling that 2011 will be an interesting year! Dennis (Hit) hit it right on the head!

I'm down for future wrenchfests, BBQfests, wheelingfests, or NFL cheerleader tryoutfests.

RC

marinespence
11-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Cheefleaders! I'm in.

IBROCUN
11-17-2010, 11:55 AM
I wish I could be there all day, but I can drop by in the late afternoon.

Marcy
11-17-2010, 12:05 PM
My red hair is gone! But I have a friend who lives in Turlock, is it ok if she comes too?

cruzcode
11-17-2010, 12:29 PM
My red hair is gone! But I have a friend who lives in Turlock, is it ok if she comes too?

No way, are you serious??? What color now? Pics, or it didn't happen. :D

RC

JesterWiLD
11-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Want to come but going to be in Reno Thurs-Sat. If I'm back by the afternoon I'll try to check in and come drink your :beer: if you're still working on it.

Cheers
Will

Stuka
11-17-2010, 07:05 PM
As a curiousity, you live in an apartment. Does this mean you do, or do not have a garage? Because its going to be a bit wet Saturday.

Eugene
11-17-2010, 08:04 PM
As a curiousity, you live in an apartment. Does this mean you do, or do not have a garage? Because its going to be a bit wet Saturday.

Hell, anybody can wrench in a warm dry well equiped garage. But it really hones your field repair skills to wrench in the rain with nothing but a beer and a jackstand. And I don't think it rains in In Turdlock 'cause God doesn't know where it is:grinpimp:

Eugene
11-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey Rubirob, Marcy, and anybody here in the area; Do we want to convoy on down there? Let me know because I need to go by you on my way. Rob, you know the area well so I'll let you pick the spot if interested.

sbron
11-17-2010, 08:44 PM
I will bring my table-top gas grill, ground beef, frozen french fries, cheese, etc. One idea: the french fries and cheese, combined with Marcy's chili would make chili-cheese french fries--very tasty.
Ron

cruzcode
11-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Want to come but going to be in Reno Thurs-Sat. If I'm back by the afternoon I'll try to check in and come drink your :beer: if you're still working on it.

Cheers
Will

Sounds like a plan! I don't have it yet, but it is on the agenda for Friday night's shopping trip.

RC

Great question, and one I should have covered in the post. I have an oversized, attached, garage, to my apartment. It is the nicest garage (size & orientation) that I have seen with an apartment. And it's deeeeeep, so there is plenty of room for people to sit around and criticize, while others work underneath her, up front!

RC

Hell, anybody can wrench in a warm dry well equiped garage. But it really hones your field repair skills to wrench in the rain with nothing but a beer and a jackstand. And I don't think it rains in In Turdlock 'cause God doesn't know where it is:grinpimp:

True that... Turlock is out here... It is precisely 20 minutes south of Modesto, on Hwy 99.

RC

Hey Rubirob, Marcy, and anybody here in the area; Do we want to convoy on down there? Let me know because I need to go by you on my way. Rob, you know the area well so I'll let you pick the spot if interested.

Great idea, but if Brian's driving, I'd pick a different designated driver!

RC

I will bring my table-top gas grill, ground beef, frozen french fries, cheese, etc. One idea: the french fries and cheese, combined with Marcy's chili would make chili-cheese french fries--very tasty.
Ron

Ron, great call on the grill!

Just for the record, tonight I bought 4 pounds of 93% lean hamburger meat, and 24 Turkey Dogs (gotta go lean), buns, condiments, baked beans, plates, cups, napkins, plasticware, chips, salsa, soda, and bottled water. Still going to need to pick-up beer, along with sometype of other "side" and then stuff for dessert.

IMPORTANT NOTATION TO ALL: I bought it, but I have absolutely NO IDEA on how to prepare it. Will need volunteer for cooking!

This is coming along!

RC

cruzcode
11-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Okay, while delivery did not workout as planned, I drove to Manteca today, and picked up the Pro-Rock, and ladies and gentlemen, without further adieu, let me introduce you to "THE AXLE"!!!!

Plus I had to throw in a couple of glamour shots taken today at the carwash.

RC

R8R ROK
11-17-2010, 10:52 PM
BAD ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cruzcode
11-17-2010, 10:58 PM
BAD ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, man! I can hardly wait for Saturday, to get this thing in!

RC

cruzcode
11-17-2010, 10:59 PM

Yes of course, it is more than okay if she comes. Wait... what is her first name???

RC

Stuka
11-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Did it come with bushings for the upper control arm mounts?

cruzcode
11-18-2010, 01:22 AM
Did it come with bushings for the upper control arm mounts?

I just recently installed the Rock Krawler lift, which came with Johnny Joints for both of the UCA mounts. However, since I knew I was going to do the Pro-Rock, I never installed the passenger-side UCA or mount, so they are brand new. When we pull the D30, I'll disassemble the Johnny Joint for the driver-side UCA mount, clean it, and put it in the Pro-Rock.

Good catch though. That would have sucked if I didn't have those. I am missing one of the castle nuts for the Pro-Steers. I'm working with them to overnight me one tomorrow, for Friday.

All I lack now is (1) castle nut, (1) 35mm axle nut socket, (1) sledgehammer, (1) pry bar (if I can't find mine), and (12) cases of beer...

RC

Marcy
11-18-2010, 11:05 AM
No way, are you serious??? What color now? Pics, or it didn't happen. :D

RC

Nevermind, it will probably be red again before Saturday.

Yes of course, it is more than okay if she comes. Wait... what is her first name???

RC

Sarah

SCARDUP
11-18-2010, 01:09 PM
I wish I had that axle but since I dont... whats the plan for that stock axle. After running the Con two weeks ago and breaking a ujoint I realize the Importance of spare parts HOGG having the complete axle assembly allowed us to do a 30 minute repair. If we didnt have that I wouldve struggled through the con in 2 wheel drive and probably had to leave my jeep at the beginning of cadillac hill. The point of this story is that I would love to take that axle off your hands if you dont already have plans for it..

caligirl
11-18-2010, 03:41 PM
I can't wait to meet the NorCal JK group :D

I'll be starting my journey up north late tomorrow morning and I look forward to meeting you guys on Saturday...see you soon

Sludge Puppy
11-18-2010, 08:38 PM
The real party will be in the city :) bahaha

cruzcode
11-18-2010, 11:50 PM
The real party will be in the city :) bahaha

We'll see. You guys won't have naked beer girls! :D

RC

cruzcode
11-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Nevermind, it will probably be red again before Saturday. Sarah

Are you going through hair color withdrawls? Sarah, eh? Nope, don't know her...

RC

cruzcode
11-18-2010, 11:52 PM

I'll be starting my journey up north late tomorrow morning and I look forward to meeting you guys on Saturday...see you soon

Can't wait to have you. There is a good group up here. :beer:

RC

marinespence
11-19-2010, 12:16 AM
We'll see. You guys won't have naked beer girls! :D

RC

And you do?

cruzcode
11-19-2010, 12:25 AM
And you do?

Absolutely.

RC

Monty
11-19-2010, 08:13 AM
if i wasn't already going to the meet in SF, i'd go help you out RC. and not just b/c of the naked beer girls, although tempting...

marinespence
11-19-2010, 08:23 AM
I am in modesto Friday night..... I can stop by Saturday morning....

Marcy
11-19-2010, 09:02 AM
I am in modesto Friday night..... I can stop by Saturday morning....

LOL! Look who wants to join the Turlock party now.

marinespence
11-19-2010, 09:26 AM
LOL! Look who wants to join the Turlock party now.

i just found out i would be in modesto friday night. work has got me going all over the bay, cant wait till our field engineer gets back! im getting tired of spending time in hospitals when i could be drinking!:beer:

Marcy
11-19-2010, 09:27 AM

Drive safe!

Marcy
11-19-2010, 09:47 AM
i just found out i would be in modesto friday night. work has got me going all over the bay, cant wait till our field engineer gets back! im getting tired of spending time in hospitals when i could be drinking!:beer:

You don't have to explain anything to me. But I'm sure you'll have some explaining to do to the "cutts crew" when you don't show up to their party because you're having so much fun in Turlock and you don't want to leave.

marinespence
11-19-2010, 09:52 AM
You can try to keep me there if you want but I will not let the cutts crew down. I had to bail on them last night for work so I owe them.

Marcy
11-19-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm going to make the chili tonight... Is anyone allergic to anything that might be put into chili?

UGET IT
11-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Wish I could make it....stuck in New Jersey till next week. Marcy I gotta try that Chili sometime!

Have fun and thats a nice PR44!!!

Kevin Carey

Marcy
11-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Wish I could make it....stuck in New Jersey till next week. Marcy I gotta try that Chili sometime!

Have fun and thats a nice PR44!!!

Kevin Carey

Kevin, hope you have a safe trip home! I'll bring some chili to Lance and Renee's some time :)

Stuka
11-19-2010, 08:12 PM
So, still not sure what I am doing tomorrow. I may drive down. Depends how much it is storming, and how long it takes me to get some stuff done around the house and chain up the tractor. So 50:50 right now. But would like to help out.

cruzcode
11-19-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm going to make the chili tonight... Is anyone allergic to anything that might be put into chili?

Yep. I'm allergic to penicillin, and marriage. :D

RC

cruzcode
11-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Drive safe!

Bad news everyone... Leesa (caligirl), had a family emergency today, and will not be attending the Install Party. She will be missed.

Leesa, I'm thinking about you, and hoping that everything is going to be okay.

RC

cruzcode
11-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Just picked up the following:

Bud Light Lime (Shut up, if you haven't tried it. It's tasty.)
Rolling Rock
Stella Artois
Widmer Hefeweizen
Smirnoff Cranberry & Lime
and... (wait for it...)
Kettle Corn!
Wheels off at 9:00 a.m. See everyone manana!

RC

cruzcode
11-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Things have begun, and here are some preliminary pics of the "Install."

One six-pack of beer, goes to the winner of the next question, which is:

"Which JKOwner do the pink camping chairs belong to?"

RC

Stuka
11-20-2010, 01:44 PM
No clue on the chairs. Maybe Eugene?

And sorry I wasnt able to help out. Just came in for a break from dealing with the snow we got last night. With more on the way. Hope you have a enough help :)

Eugene
11-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Ow! That hurts.:bawling: Those are not mine! I do have pink chairs.....but I didn't bring them:thefinger:NinjaRick

Stuka
11-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Ow! That hurts.:bawling: Those are not mine! I do have pink chairs.....but I didn't bring them:thefinger:NinjaRick

LOL! It was a guess from the people that were going :P

DiscoBayJoe
11-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Was nice meeting you guys this morning! Ya got that axle in yet?

09rubicon
11-20-2010, 05:16 PM
I am back from Texas!! So what is the update?? More pics?? Are ya done yet??

HOGGSTATUS
11-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Marcy's chairs....and Pure Jeep rock slider are AWESOME LOOKING, BUT A MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS!! Hope you guys are having fun!

weaver1371
11-20-2010, 08:26 PM
How's everything coming along?

Sludge Puppy
11-20-2010, 09:33 PM
LOL! It was a guess from the people that were going :P

I was wondering where my pink chairs were. Should have know you Turlock people took them :)

Marcy
11-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Spencer, I brought my friend who doesn't drink, you didn't show up... She's pretty pissed.

HOGGSTATUS
11-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Spencer, I brought my friend who doesn't drink, you didn't show up... She's pretty pissed.

:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2: That sucks!! Was she really piss?? How did everything go?? I still want some Chili!!

Sludge Puppy
11-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Uh oh, spence is in deep dooo doo

Marcy
11-20-2010, 11:21 PM
:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2: That sucks!! Was she really piss?? How did everything go?? I still want some Chili!!

Yeah, she's pretty mad. She said he blew any chance he ever had.

marinespence
11-20-2010, 11:29 PM

I was gonna come by after we finished but got called for work.

marinespence
11-21-2010, 12:29 AM

I thought you where joking about her! If there is still work to do I will come by tomorrow. As for Sarah tell her I will make it up to her!

Marcy
11-21-2010, 01:09 AM
I thought you where joking about her! If there is still work to do I will come by tomorrow. As for Sarah tell her I will make it up to her!

:laughing: I was joking about it but she is here. Also, she isn't mad, I was just messing with you.

Marcy
11-21-2010, 01:27 AM
Rick has a confession to make :laughing2:

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 01:35 AM
Rick has a confession to make :laughing2:

This one time, at my band camp, Marcy... :D

RC

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 02:53 AM
Well it is unanimous, the Turlock Install Party is the WINNER!!! Party is still going, at 1:51 a.m... please see the attached evidence! :thefinger:

RC

Scott and Leesa couldn't make it, and they were missed. Marcy and Rob brought the sarcasm, after taking a break to buy a horse bridal for a wedding shower. Some bride, huh?

weaver1371
11-21-2010, 03:12 AM
Well it is unanimous, the Turlock Install Party is the WINNER!!! Party is still going, at 1:51 a.m... please see the attached evidence! :thefinger:

RC

Scott and Leesa couldn't make it, and they were missed. Marcy and Rob brought the sarcasm, after taking a break to buy a horse bridal for a wedding shower. Some bride, huh?

NICE!!

Sludge Puppy
11-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Still no pics of the naked beer chics, thats the evidence of a real party :)

R8R ROK
11-21-2010, 07:43 AM

RC

Ha , that's just too awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookie Monster :cookiemonster: we need your pics, we are getting wooped :laughing2::laughing2:

So , the official Judge will be Hitmoney , We will start another thread , post up the pics when they all come in and then wait for Hitmoney's final decision. :grinpimp:

UGET IT
11-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Well lets see some update install pics.....liked what Marcy was holdin! Pink seats are marcys??

R8R ROK
11-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Well lets see some update install pics.....liked what Marcy was holdin! Pink seats are marcys??

We are waitin for Cookie Monster :cookiemonster: , He has been MIA since he found Jen's famous cookies. This may take a while.

rubirobv
11-21-2010, 12:17 PM
This morniing, my wife came into the kitchen and looked at me with a raised eyebrow. It was all I could do not to grin from ear to ear. You guys were fun to hang out with.

Spencer :shaking: Just kidding. ;)

JesterWiLD
11-21-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm totally sorry I missed it sounds like you guys had tons of fun.

We got stuck on the pass for a while trying to come back from Reno. Some stupid dood thought he'd save gas money and left the JK. Ooops :p.

We got back okay but not until late. Hit me up for sure if there's a round two or you need another pair of hands.

Cheers
Will

sbron
11-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Rick,
Much thanks for the invite. I had a great time at your place. Nice place, btw. Always a terrific time hanging out with the NorCal crowd, listening to good music, and enjoying good eats. It was a real treat seeing Tony, from OR-FAB, and catching up on the latest in the JK world. Special thanks to Marcy for the excellent chili. Oh yea, the wrenching part was good too, haha. That Pro Rock looks mighty nice nestled beneath your rig. Let me know about the next party.
Ron

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Ha , that's just too awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookie Monster :cookiemonster: we need your pics, we are getting wooped :laughing2::laughing2:

So , the official Judge will be Hitmoney , We will start another thread , post up the pics when they all come in and then wait for Hitmoney's final decision. :grinpimp:

Okay, as soon as I can, I'll get pics downloaded from my camera, although I must admit that our photographers was a under the influence, and may have photographed her thumb, the ceiling, pink chairs, etc. :laughing:

RC

Will do!

RC

This morniing, my wife came into the kitchen and looked at me with a raised eyebrow. It was all I could do not to grin from ear to ear. You guys were fun to hang out with.

Spencer :shaking: Just kidding. ;)

That is hysterical! Imagine if you hugged someone and got lipstick on your collar or prefume on your clothes! That would have been interesting to explain. Rob, thanks for coming, you, Brian, and Ron, were particularly helpful in getting this swap done*, although we couldn't have done it without the entertainment of the naked beer girls!

RC

I'm totally sorry I missed it sounds like you guys had tons of fun.

We got stuck on the pass for a while trying to come back from Reno. Some stupid dood thought he'd save gas money and left the JK. Ooops :p.

We got back okay but not until late. Hit me up for sure if there's a round two or you need another pair of hands.

Cheers
Will

There will be a round two, and I'll post up why shortly...

RC

Rick,
Much thanks for the invite. I had a great time at your place. Nice place, btw. Always a terrific time hanging out with the NorCal crowd, listening to good music, and enjoying good eats. It was a real treat seeing Tony, from OR-FAB, and catching up on the latest in the JK world. Special thanks to Marcy for the excellent chili. Oh yea, the wrenching part was good too, haha. That Pro Rock looks mighty nice nestled beneath your rig. Let me know about the next party.
Ron

Ron, thanks for coming. I appreciate your help and everyone appreciated the grilling.

RC

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 02:51 PM
First of all, I would like to thank everyone who attended the "Turlock Install Party" yesterday. I appreciate all of you, your help, your contributions, and your friendship. (Yes, even you, Marcy...)

Special thanks go to Rob (rubirobv), Brian (Eugene), and Ron (sbron), for wrench time, bringing tools, grub, cooking, and laughing at Marcy.

Extra thanks go to Marcy for managing the "entertainment" portion of the party, and keeping things interesting! Also, your Chili was outstanding!!!You're welcome back anytime, but I am not sure if the arrest will come off of your record, because I have heard that the local Sheriff is very hardcore.

Thanks to everyone else that came, attended, or stopped by to check-in for a brew and some fun!

-----------------------------------------------------

The axle install was great. We set a casual, non-rushed pace (which is how I roll), to make sure that mistakes were not made, and that we all had a great time.

Status Update:

Houston, we have a problem... The axle is installed into the rig, and the passenger side RCV, Reid Knuckle, brakes, etc. are all in place. Perfect. Unfortunately, the driver's side RCV shaft, seems to be too long, because when it bottoms out into the carrier, the CV portion, is too far out within the C, well over the ball joint, and doesn't go in further.

Possible explanations that I can figure are:

A) RCV supplied the wrong axle shafts
B) Poly Performance supplied the wrong ARB locker to Dynatrac
C) Dynatrac made an installation error (unlikely since they do this for a living)
D) there is some other random installation explanation for this.
I have absolutely no idea what is wrong. I'm going to talk with Thean at Poly (who I ordered this axle through), RCV, and maybe Dynatrac, to figure what in the flank is wrong with this.

Very discouraging, but I'm optimistic that I'll get this resolved, and hopefully quickly.

I am WIDE OPEN to advice, thoughts, experience, etc., on the same. (NOTE: Oh and yes, I did trim 1/8" of the end of the Pro-Steer ball-joints as documented in Doc's write-up. It was absolutely necessary to get the knuckle on the C's.)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, guys.

(And girls too, Leesa & Marcy!) :)

RC

Eugene
11-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Glad I could help! And thanks for all the grub! Should have taken a pick of the bachelor fridge:grinpimp:
Hey all, should I post what picks I have or wait?

Eugene
11-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Hey RC, builds are like a box of choclate "You"ll never know what your gonna get" Sorry about the axle. What you can do is pull the stock axle and compare it to the RCV, that will tell you if the length is correct. You can also put a little grease on the RCV splines and put it in the carrier. Then you can compare with the stock shaft how far into the carrier it is going (the stock shaft will have wear marks) Maybe there is a blockage.
Hope this helps, keep us informed. NinajRick can you read this?

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Hey RC, builds are like a box of choclate "You"ll never know what your gonna get" Sorry about the axle. What you can do is pull the stock axle and compare it to the RCV, that will tell you if the length is correct. You can also put a little grease on the RCV splines and put it in the carrier. Then you can compare with the stock shaft how far into the carrier it is going (the stock shaft will have wear marks) Maybe there is a blockage.
Hope this helps, keep us informed. NinajRick can you read this?

No doubt, no doubt. I'm done with NFL for the day, so I'm getting ready to take a second stab at the build and spend the afternoon out there.

I spoke with Scott at Dynatrac, and he gave me some good insight, and this could be a Poly/RCV issue relating to the wrong axle shafts. But, I'm going to do some checking, and see.

I'll let you guys know later on, how things go.

Post up your pics, Ninja-hater. :thefinger:

RC

GOAT1
11-21-2010, 04:15 PM
The shafts have to be a different length than stock if u have an ARB. That's the problem. RCV and dynatrac should know this and make them the correct length for that application.

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Rob, Brian, & Marcy,

Although I know that you guys were awesome enough to leave behind a couple of tools that were needed to complete the job, I have a few more of your items here as an FYI.

Rob: Two bags of sockets, 1/2" drive rachet, maybe some others...
Brian: Sledgehammer, along with your 35mm socket
Marcy: Your blue sweater
I'll hang onto this stuff, and bring it the next time we all get together!

RC

Eugene
11-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Rob, Brian, & Marcy,

Although I know that you guys were awesome enough to leave behind a couple of tools that were needed to complete the job, I have a few more of your items here as an FYI.

Rob: Two bags of sockets, 1/2" drive rachet, maybe some others...
Brian: Sledgehammer, along with your 35mm socket
Marcy: Your blue sweater
I'll hang onto this stuff, and bring it the next time we all get together!

RC

No problem, will get together soon and I'll get them back. Also add 2 jackstands and a 22mm open end wrench.

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 07:47 PM
The shafts have to be a different length than stock if u have an ARB. That's the problem. RCV and dynatrac should know this and make them the correct length for that application.

Drew,

Thanks. I think you're right. I spoke with Scott from Dynatrac, and he had me measure inside the axle tubes from the carrier to the end of the tube on both sides, subtracting that number from the total length of the axles, respectively.

Here is what I came up with:

Driver Side Stats:

Carrier to Tube-End = 16.1875"
Axle Length = 26.250"
-------------------------------------------
Difference = 10.0625" (Axle Shown)

**Greased Axle Spline Travel = 1.125"

Passenger Side Stats:

Carrier to Tube-End = 31.3125"
Axle Length = 39.750"
Difference = 8.4375" (Axle Shown)

NOTE: The passenger side axle shaft slides all the way into the tube where the boot is seated up against the axle tube.

TECHNICAL SYNOPSIS:
The greased axle spline travel on both sides, is identical. Each 30-spline axle engages (or slides) into the carrier smoothly. This tells me that there are no obstructions in the carrier, carrier splines, etc.
Since there is a difference in the amount of axle shown (variance between measurement of carrier to axle tube, vs. overall axle length, I'm assuming that the axles are incorrect.
If the axles are indeed incorrect, I'll need to see if the wrong ones were ordered by Poly, or filled by RCV.
Drew, Scott (Dynatrac), or RCV, or anyone with an opinion on the matter, please feel free to chime in. I need to come up with a solution, and I appreciate everyone's feedback in advance.

Thanks,

Rick

Marcy
11-21-2010, 08:47 PM

RC

Thanks for helping me drink that bottle Rob! Did anyone else have any or was it just you and I? Rob, do you rub? LMAO!

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks for helping me drink that bottle Rob! Did anyone else have any or was it just you and I? Rob, do you rub? LMAO!

Wait, didn't everyone have at least one shot? LMAO regarding the other... :laughing2:

RC

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Okay, I'm about to post 1/3 of the pictures taken by Marcy, with my camera. Others have the other 2/3 of the pics that they can post later.

It was really a great time, with great people. But, isn't that what life's about (plus a drink or two)? :D

RC

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Pics from the Party! "I know people..."
Rick: Black Shirt
Rob: White Shirt
Brian: Maroon Shirt
Ron: Blue Coveralls
Marcy: Pink Chairs
RC

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Pics #2 from the Party! "Just hit it with a hammer."

RC

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Pics #3 from the Party! "What Phase are we on, now?"

RC

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Pics #4 from the Party! "Phase One, but we're really making good progress!"

RC

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Pics #5 from the Party! "DJ, you're fired! Okay not really, just change the song please."

RC

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Pics #6 from the Party! "JKO needs a love story. I better get the credit!"

RC

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Pics #7 from the Party! "C'mon Rob, we can do this! Let's finish this bottle of Jack before we go home!"

RC

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Pics #8 from the Party! "Rob wants a picture of my fridge..."

RC

Dynatrac
11-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Drew,

Thanks. I think you're right. I spoke with Scott from Dynatrac, and he had me measure inside the axle tubes from the carrier to the end of the tube on both sides, subtracting that number from the total length of the axles, respectively.

Here is what I came up with:

Driver Side Stats:

Carrier to Tube-End = 16.1875"
Axle Length = 26.250"
Difference = 10.0625" (Axle Shown)

Passenger Side Stats:

Carrier to Tube-End = 31.3125"
Axle Length = 39.750"
Difference = 8.4375" (Axle Shown)

NOTE: The passenger side axle shaft slides all the way into the tube where the boot is seated up against the axle tube.

TECHNICAL SYNOPSIS:
The greased axle spline travel on both sides, is identical. Each 30-spline axle engages (or slides) into the carrier smoothly. This tells me that there are no obstructions in the carrier, carrier splines, etc.
Since there is a difference in the amount of axle shown (variance between measurement of carrier to axle tube, vs. overall axle length, I'm assuming that the axles are incorrect.
If the axles are indeed incorrect, I'll need to see if the wrong ones were ordered by Poly, or filled by RCV.
Drew, Scott (Dynatrac), or RCV, or anyone with an opinion on the matter, please feel free to chime in. I need to come up with a solution, and I appreciate everyone's feedback in advance.

Thanks,

Rick

Given the specs above, I'd say that the driver side axle shaft is 1-5/8" (or 1.625") too long.

Edit-I said passenger was too long but it was really the driver that was long.

R8R ROK
11-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Given the specs above, I'd say that the passenger axle shaft is 1-5/8" (or 1.625") too long.

Sorry to interject here but , God Dam, this is the second time on this forum and it hasn't been long but a vendor is reading whats going on in our local area has jumped right in for help. I know I am in the right place.

I have been looking at this set up and if I had the coin I would be all over it and when I do because of this I am going that direction. Thanks Man!!!!!!!!!!

cruzcode
11-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Given the specs above, I'd say that the passenger axle shaft is 1-5/8" (or 1.625") too long.

Thanks, Scott. I appreciated the phone call, and your reply.

Thean (from Poly Performance) and I were going back and forth on a couple of things, and he has already emailed RCV, and will address with them on Monday morning.

I'll keep you posted as things develop, or if we have additional questions. Thanks again for your call.

RC

usmcdoc14
11-22-2010, 06:50 AM
Sounds like you already got this mostly resolved :laughing: sorry I did not reply sooner as I am out of the country right now.

But on a side note: you need to get rid of that stacked washer BS on the axle track bar mount :thefinger: get some misalignment washers or get a larger ID hiem with a high misalignment reducer.
I got mine from ballistic fab or Ruffstuff but I can not remember, I think it was from ballistic.
It will clean it up and also give that joint better freedom of movement.

GOAT1
11-22-2010, 12:02 PM
RCV gave you the wrong length axles. Sounds like you got stock JK length but when using a 35 spline ARB, the axles need to be a different length. There is no other application for a JK 35 spline axle shaft than using an ARB so RCV should know this and make the appropriate lenght shafts

rubirobv
11-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Rick, if RCV scewed up, they should compensate you in some way. Nobody likes getting the wrong part.

Dynatrac
11-22-2010, 03:02 PM
RCV gave you the wrong length axles. Sounds like you got stock JK length but when using a 35 spline ARB, the axles need to be a different length. There is no other application for a JK 35 spline axle shaft than using an ARB so RCV should know this and make the appropriate lenght shafts

He didn't buy a 35 sp ARB. He used a std 30 sp D44 ARB in a conventional PR44 housing.

cruzcode
11-22-2010, 03:27 PM

Yeah, when I originally spec'd out the build, I wanted to go 35-spline up front, but after some good convos with Thean, I changed my mind. Mostly due to not being able to bring/use someone else's spare axles on the trail, in the unlikely event that I destroy an RCV.

RC

Rick, if RCV scewed up, they should compensate you in some way. Nobody likes getting the wrong part.

Thean at Poly is awesome, and has straightened the whole thing out with RCV. RCV is shipping me the correct axles overnight, and they will arrive tomorrow, along with a box to ship back the wrong ones.

RC

Sounds like you already got this mostly resolved :laughing: sorry I did not reply sooner as I am out of the country right now.

But on a side note: you need to get rid of that stacked washer BS on the axle track bar mount :thefinger: get some misalignment washers or get a larger ID hiem with a high misalignment reducer.
I got mine from ballistic fab or Ruffstuff but I can not remember, I think it was from ballistic.
It will clean it up and also give that joint better freedom of movement.

Gil, no worries. You're busy protecting our freedoms, so I'll rank that as a higher priority than my axle install.

Good call on the washers, as it was a temp fix. Thean shot me some numbers of a part that Poly has, which I need to look at. I'll look at what you recommended too. Good looking out!

RC

He didn't buy a 35 sp ARB. He used a std 30 sp D44 ARB in a conventional PR44 housing.

You bet. Thanks again for your help yesterday, Scott. Much appreciated.

RC

rubirobv
11-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Hey Marcy, I think you and I did kill the Jack. There wasn't much there when I got to it though. It was weird, on the drive home, something was rubbing all the way home. When my wife got in the truck the next mourning, she said it smelled like I had been rubbing on something. I think I have an issue.

Marcy
11-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Hey Marcy, I think you and I did kill the Jack. There wasn't much there when I got to it though. It was weird, on the drive home, something was rubbing all the way home. When my wife got in the truck the next mourning, she said it smelled like I had been rubbing on something. I think I have an issue.

:laughing2: :laughing2: Yeah, rumor has it you rub all the time!

cruzcode
11-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Ladies & Gentlemennnnnn!!! (Insert monster truck announcer voice here)

I'm proud to announce that the axle issue seems to have been worked out! It was determined that the wrong axles were sent from RCV, and Thean at Poly Performance, rectified the issue, and I'm expecting the correct RCV shafts tomorrow in the mail!

SO... I'm thinking that I'm going to tentatively schedule a pre-Thanksgiving Install Party Part II (much better than Beverly Hills Cop II, or even Rocky II, and definitely better than Legally Blonde II)!!! I'm in Monterey with the owner of our company on Wednesday, so I'm planning on leaving by 4:00 pm, being at "Casa/Garaje del Rick" by 6:00, and getting DIRTY around 6:15!!!

Rob is already in, almost for sure, and there may be call for another small hand or two. Not required, but I still have beer leftover from Part I!!!
-- PLEASE NO RUBBING WHILE AT INSTALL PARTY PART II, ROB! --
So, if this is something you're interested in, let me know. If I can get the rig done, air-system re-installed, and get this bitch dialed before Turkey Day, then I'll be wheeling this weekend!
-- MARCY YOU'D ONLY BE ALLOWED HALF OF ONE-FIFTH OF JACK BEFORE THANKSGIVING! --
RC

cruzcode
11-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Pics #8 from the Party! "Rob wants a picture of my fridge..."

RC

After seeing the picture of my fridge, one of my Facebook friends posted the following video on my FB, and I nearly fell over from laughing my fucking ass off hysterically!!!!

YouTube - Keeping your refrigerator stocked will get you many women (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRL7D0wcXM)

RC

nootherride
11-22-2010, 11:36 PM
:laughing: lmao

marinespence
11-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Ladies & Gentlemennnnnn!!! (Insert monster truck announcer voice here)

I'm proud to announce that the axle issue seems to have been worked out! It was determined that the wrong axles were sent from RCV, and Thean at Poly Performance, rectified the issue, and I'm expecting the correct RCV shafts tomorrow in the mail!

SO... I'm thinking that I'm going to tentatively schedule a pre-Thanksgiving Install Party Part II (much better than Beverly Hills Cop II, or even Rocky II, and definitely better than Legally Blonde II)!!! I'm in Monterey with the owner of our company on Wednesday, so I'm planning on leaving by 4:00 pm, being at "Casa/Garaje del Rick" by 6:00, and getting DIRTY around 6:15!!!

Rob is already in, almost for sure, and there may be call for another small hand or two. Not required, but I still have beer leftover from Part I!!!
-- PLEASE NO RUBBING WHILE AT INSTALL PARTY PART II, ROB! --
So, if this is something you're interested in, let me know. If I can get the rig done, air-system re-installed, and get this bitch dialed before Turkey Day, then I'll be wheeling this weekend!
-- MARCY YOU'D ONLY BE ALLOWED HALF OF ONE-FIFTH OF JACK BEFORE THANKSGIVING! --
RC

I would be in but i am heading up to tahoe with JeepingGreen and Hoggstatus after work on wednesday! well if you get it fixed and want to come up to tahoe and wheel let us know!:beer:

rubirobv
11-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Rick, that was damn funny. I see your taking his advice. lol.

cruzcode
11-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Rick, that was damn funny. I see your taking his advice. lol.

No way! I had it filled before I saw that FB posting! But you know... :grinpimp:

RC

cruzcode
11-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Okay, I will update everyone later on, but the RCV's did not show up yesterday, due to weather needed to redirect the FedEx airplane from Indy to Memphis, to somewhere else to Oakland... Long story short, they are supposed to arrive today.

If they are here when I get home at 6:00-ish (work permitting), "Install Party Part II" will commence. Any or all of you are welcome for this!

The bad part is, that I will not know until 6:00-ish, if the axles are here.

I'll keep you posted.

RC

Marcy
11-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Okay, I will update everyone later on, but the RCV's did not show up yesterday, due to weather needed to redirect the FedEx airplane from Indy to Memphis, to somewhere else to Oakland... Long story short, they are supposed to arrive today.

If they are here when I get home at 6:00-ish (work permitting), "Install Party Part II" will commence. Any or all of you are welcome for this!

The bad part is, that I will not know until 6:00-ish, if the axles are here.

I'll keep you posted.

RC

Good luck getting this done tonight! If it doesn't get finished maybe you can wheel your Hummer?

cruzcode
11-25-2010, 01:09 AM
Good luck getting this done tonight! If it doesn't get finished maybe you can wheel your Hummer?

Thanks, Marcy! Fortunately, the RCVs came in tonight, and Rob came all the way out to help with "Install Party - Part II"!!!

Unfortunately, we did not finish. We were able to get the axles in, the knuckles, unit bearings, brakes, sway bar, and tie rod on, but we're having trouble with the drag link, since it's a flipped setup with the Reid Racing Knuckles. Also, we blew a tie-rod boot, trying to pry it off of the Pitman Arm, so I'll need to get a new one Friday morning. Also, we realized that Extreme Motorsports left my BDS Suspension "dropped Pitman Arm" on my steering box, instead of putting the factory one back on, with the new lift. SO, my steering geometry is messed up, and I need to get an Impact Gun, Air-Compressor, and socket large enough to remove the Pitman Arm nut, to be able to re-install the factory Pitman Arm.

So... what does all of this mean? It means that we're closer than we've ever been, but lack a part, power/air tools, a large socket, and another day's worth of time and help, in order to finish this beast.

It's really coming together, but I'll admit that I'm disappointed that it isn't finished yet.

MANY THANKS FOR ROB FOR COMING OUT AGAIN!!!

Next up, "Install Party -- Part III" scheduled for Friday, November 26th in Turlock! :D

RC

I caught that "wheel your Hummer" comment!!! Ssssshhhhhh, not in front of the guyyyyys!!!

:)

Marcy
11-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks, Marcy! Fortunately, the RCVs came in tonight, and Rob came all the way out to help with "Install Party - Part II"!!!

Unfortunately, we did not finish. We were able to get the axles in, the knuckles, unit bearings, brakes, sway bar, and tie rod on, but we're having trouble with the drag link, since it's a flipped setup with the Reid Racing Knuckles. Also, we blew a tie-rod boot, trying to pry it off of the Pitman Arm, so I'll need to get a new one Friday morning. Also, we realized that Extreme Motorsports left my BDS Suspension "dropped Pitman Arm" on my steering box, instead of putting the factory one back on, with the new lift. SO, my steering geometry is messed up, and I need to get an Impact Gun, Air-Compressor, and socket large enough to remove the Pitman Arm nut, to be able to re-install the factory Pitman Arm.

So... what does all of this mean? It means that we're closer than we've ever been, but lack a part, power/air tools, a large socket, and another day's worth of time and help, in order to finish this beast.

It's really coming together, but I'll admit that I'm disappointed that it isn't finished yet.

MANY THANKS FOR ROB FOR COMING OUT AGAIN!!!

Next up, "Install Party -- Part III" scheduled for Friday, November 26th in Turlock! :D

RC

I caught that "wheel your Hummer" comment!!! Ssssshhhhhh, not in front of the guyyyyys!!!

:)

Wow, sucks that it isn't finished! I hope Rob kept the rubbing down to a minimum. As for the Hummer comment, they're going to find out sooner or later.

cruzcode
11-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Wow, sucks that it isn't finished! I hope Rob kept the rubbing down to a minimum. As for the Hummer comment, they're going to find out sooner or later.

Yes, I know. I was really bummed the other night, especially considering that Rob was nice enough to come all the way out from Livermore, to help me wrench again. But finishing late at night with neighbors above me, just wasn't in the cards. I'm getting my haircut, then will pick-up a Tie-Rod, and socket for the Pitman Arm. Then I need to rent an Impact Gun (either electric or air), to get this nut off.

So, I'll probably start working on it again by 1:30 pm or so, if any of you fine NorCal folks are absolutely bored out of your minds, and want to drink a beer (or Jack), listen to music, and either wrench, or criticize those wrenching! All invited.

I hope everyone had a really Happy Thanksgiving!

RC

Eugene
11-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Hey guys, hope you got the pitman arm off. Sorry I can't be there but T-day yesterday, and had to go to my nieces B-day party today. Returned Robs call, hope it was of some help. Would have loved to be there and wrenching instead. Keep us informed on the progress!

cruzcode
11-27-2010, 02:38 AM
Okay, we've made some progress!!! First, I'd like thank Rob AGAIN for coming out to wrench today with me. It definitely helps to have reinforcements! Thanks, Rob! No Marcy, Rob did NOT rub!

The rig is done with the big stuff... the tires are on, track bar & drag link adjusted, suspension and steering are torqued, diff filled with fluid, etc.

However, here is the remaining and interesting list of items, before I can take her wheeling again:

Alignment (tomorrow, if 4WP in Ripon is open)
Wider heim joint from Rock Krawler for Track Bar (at axle)
U-Bolts for Coast Driveshaft (didn't come with shaft from Coast or Poly) -- Couldn't install driveshaft.
Drop skid system and install front Coast driveshaft
Find out why the Poly Track Bar bracket for SS/PSC (if welded on) wont work with SS/PSC and clear tie-rod.
Find out from Poly / RK why their is still cross-over of the Drag Link and Track Bar (albeit a small amount), plus implications.
Install Air-Tank, Evap, & Skid
Run ARB solenoids to sPOD
Run stainless lines from ARB solenoids to ARB lockers
Test lockers
Change diff fluid (front & rear) after small break-in
Get nail pulled & patched from right rear tire at Les Schwaab
So, that's it. That's the remaining punch list of things to knock out before she's ready to hit the trail. Not much left, although the relatively short list is a nagging one. I'm concerned about the SS mounting bracket from Poly not working; very frustrating, because I like this piece. But the rig is getting close!

Stay tuned...

RC

rubirobv
11-27-2010, 05:15 AM
Okay, we've made some progress!!! First, I'd like thank Rob AGAIN for coming out to wrench today with me. It definitely helps to have reinforcements! Thanks, Rob! No Marcy, Rob did NOT rub!

The rig is done with the big stuff... the tires are on, track bar & drag link adjusted, suspension and steering are torqued, diff filled with fluid, etc.

However, here is the remaining and interesting list of items, before I can take her wheeling again:

Alignment (tomorrow, if 4WP in Ripon is open)
U-Bolts for Coast Driveshaft (didn't come with shaft from Coast or Poly) -- Couldn't install driveshaft.
Drop skid system and install front Coast driveshaft
Find out why the Poly Track Bar bracket for SS/PSC (if welded on) wont work with SS/PSC and clear tie-rod.
Find out from Poly / RK why their is still cross-over of the Drag Link and Track Bar (albeit a small amount), plus implications.
Install Air-Tank, Evap, & Skid
Run ARB solenoids to sPOD
Run stainless lines from ARB solenoids to ARB lockers
Test lockers
Change diff fluid (front & rear) after small break-in
Get nail pulled & patched from right rear tire at Les Schwaab
So, that's it. That's the remaining punch list of things to knock out before she's ready to hit the trail. Not much left, although the relatively short list is a nagging one. I'm concerned about the SS mounting bracket from Poly not working; very frustrating, because I like this piece. But the rig is getting close!

Stay tuned...

RC

Call Dynatrac and ask them when they're sending the diff housing drain plug kit. :thefinger:

cruzcode
11-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Call Dynatrac and ask them when they're sending the diff housing drain plug kit. :thefinger:

I know, right??? You'd think that the coin that it takes to get a Pro-Rock, you'd be able to DRAIN your differential without removing the damn cover, a la 'ARB covers'... :shaking:

RC

cruzcode
11-27-2010, 04:54 PM

Alignment (tomorrow, if 4WP in Ripon is open) -- DONE!
U-Bolts for Coast Driveshaft (didn't come with shaft from Coast or Poly) -- Couldn't install driveshaft. -- BOUGHT THEM; DONE!
Drop skid system and install front Coast driveshaft -- DONE!
Find out why the Poly Track Bar bracket for SS/PSC (if welded on) wont work with SS/PSC and clear tie-rod. -- IMPOSSIBLE.
Find out from Poly / RK why their is still cross-over of the Drag Link and Track Bar (albeit a small amount), plus implications. -- TBD
Install Air-Tank, Evap, & Skid -- TBD, TODAY!
Run ARB solenoids to sPOD -- TBD, TODAY!
Run stainless lines from ARB solenoids to ARB lockers -- TBD, TODAY!
Test lockers -- TBD, TODAY!
Change diff fluid (front & rear) after small break-in -- TBD
Get nail pulled & patched from right rear tire at Les Schwaab -- TBD

Stay tuned...

RC

Alright, well after a trip to 4-Wheel Parts in Salida, CA, the alignment is done, and I'm rolling! Although I have a slight pull, and they said that the Dynatrac housing/Pro-Steers are off in geometry...

Afterwards, we attempted to put it up onto RTI Ramp to attempt to adjust the bump stops. ADVICE / DISCLAIMER: Kids, do not attempt to climb an RTI Ramp without lockers in the rain. We are trained professionals; do not try this at home. -- RESULT: It didn't work. I went up the ramp, and the wheels unlocked, started to spin. I was told to setup my OBA, wire in the solenoids, and get the lockers working, and then to come back to adjust my bumpstops, after I get everything setup with my OBA/Lockers.

The driveshaft is in, and I lost a bet with Rob for a burger and a beer, that I could get in the driveshaft while the RROR skids were in place without dropping them. I couldn't, and lost the bet. Damnit! I also got the tranny lines bent, skid plates re-installed, adjusted the sway bar links, adjusted the bump stops (sort of), and cleaned out the air tank.

Here are a couple of small, goofy pics, of my rig slipping up the RTI Ramp unlocked. We guessed that it would go up quite a bit more, if I was locked.

The rig is coming together. Now to start collecting some camping gear... It's time to wheel.

RC

cruzcode
11-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Here are few more...

RC

DiscoBayJoe
11-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Dude! If I knew you were gonna hang out there, i'd have headed to the office! My office is about 200 yards north of 4WP Salida!

cruzcode
11-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Dude! If I knew you were gonna hang out there, i'd have headed to the office! My office is about 200 yards north of 4WP Salida!

I had no idea. Surprisingly, the guys at this 4WP were very, very, cool. I was impressed. We discussed events, coordinating people for runs, and get togethers that they could host at 4WP, to help stimulate business, and get wheelers together.

Next time I'm up that way, I'll shoot you a text... Hope you're enjoying the Thanksgiving Weekend.

:beer:

RC

Stuka
11-27-2010, 06:40 PM
If its pulling to thr right, this is a normal JK issue. To correct it make the passenger side lower ever so slightly longer than the left. I think I made mine 1/8" longer and it corrected the issue for me.

rubirobv
11-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Hey Look, Ricks wheelin'. :bounce:
Still have more room to stuff the tire on the rti ramp.

cruzcode
11-27-2010, 09:25 PM
If its pulling to thr right, this is a normal JK issue. To correct it make the passenger side lower ever so slightly longer than the left. I think I made mine 1/8" longer and it corrected the issue for me.

Yeah, I may try that. I have some very interesting alignment specs, ones that I did not expect. I may post those up, just for shits & giggles, to see what everyone says.

RC

Hey Look, Ricks wheelin'. :bounce:
Still have more room to stuff the tire on the rti ramp.

For sure! We just couldn't get up the ramp, because my tires were spinning due to being unlocked. I can't wait to get the OBA kicking like karate!

RC

cruzcode
11-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Build update...

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=604343#post604343 (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=604343#post604343)

RC
Who is ninja texting, and who isn't?

caligirl
11-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Bad news everyone... Leesa (caligirl), had a family emergency today, and will not be attending the Install Party. She will be missed.

Leesa, I'm thinking about you, and hoping that everything is going to be okay.

RC

Sorry I missed out on all the fun this time.....It would have been great to meet everyone

Thanks Rick....I really appreciate all you've done ;)

cruzcode
11-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Sorry I missed out on all the fun this time.....It would have been great to meet everyone

Thanks Rick....I really appreciate all you've done ;)

Thanks are unnecessary. We will all find an excuse to get together to either wrench, wheel, or drink (ahem, Marcy), very soon!

RC

cruzcode
12-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Okay, I've ordered the following, and they should be in before the end of the week. I need to have someone blow out the shavings that are inside of the tank, from the fabrication.

Then, the OBA will then be complete, and I can test the lockers!

RC

marinespence
12-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Build update...

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=604343#post604343 (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=604343#post604343)

RC
Who is ninja texting, and who isn't?

you gonna wheel with us on sunday?

fyi i was lost on the ninja text thing becuase i use the tapatalk app which doesnt change the font color so i saw everything. but thanks to marcy i get it now! let the fun begin!

cruzcode
12-01-2010, 09:24 PM
you gonna wheel with us on sunday?

fyi i was lost on the ninja text thing becuase i use the tapatalk app which doesnt change the font color so i saw everything. but thanks to marcy i get it now! let the fun begin!

I'd love to! But here, I'll respond like everyone else did in that thread:

I'm 69.1742% YES, and 30.8258% NO!

(Depending on parts arrival, installation, & not getting too hammered in Disco Bay for the Children's Jeep Parade!)

RC

Yeah, the ninja text shit is huh-larry-uhs! Marcy is one sneaky chica!!!

cruzcode
12-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Install complete. Fabrication complete. Lines purchased and installed, OBA re-installed.

Remaining to do list prior to wheeling:

Test both lockers
Change diff fluid in both differentials after putting some miles on it
Have tabs welded onto the trackbar bracket to hold my SS
Re-apply several coats of Tire Shine :thefinger:
Looking to wheel on Sunday, 12/19. Get your maps and your (tow) straps ready!

RC

marinespence
12-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Install complete. Fabrication complete. Lines purchased and installed, OBA re-installed.

Remaining to do list prior to wheeling:

Test both lockers
Change diff fluid in both differentials after putting some miles on it
Have tabs welded onto the trackbar bracket to hold my SS
Re-apply several coats of Tire Shine :thefinger:

RC

SICK LETS WHEEL!

cruzcode
12-05-2010, 10:13 PM
SICK LETS WHEEL!

Absolutely.

RC

IBROCUN
12-05-2010, 10:57 PM

RC

Straps are for the bedroom, not the trail.

cruzcode
12-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Straps are for the bedroom, not the trail.

That depends on how you camp!

RC

cruzcode
12-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I wish I had that axle but since I dont... whats the plan for that stock axle. After running the Con two weeks ago and breaking a ujoint I realize the Importance of spare parts HOGG having the complete axle assembly allowed us to do a 30 minute repair. If we didnt have that I wouldve struggled through the con in 2 wheel drive and probably had to leave my jeep at the beginning of cadillac hill. The point of this story is that I would love to take that axle off your hands if you dont already have plans for it..

Derek,

Great to meet you, grab a beer, and shoot the shit with you, tonight. Definitely would love to wheel with you, and I hope those axles do you well. Thanks for the beer; they weren't a requirement for the axles!

RC

HOGGSTATUS
12-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Derek,

Great to meet you, grab a beer, and shoot the shit with you, tonight. Definitely would love to wheel with you, and I hope those axles do you well. Thanks for the beer; they weren't a requirement for the axles!

RC

Right on Rick!! Your the man...cause now Derek has his own spares and doesn't have to use my shit!!:laughing2::laughing2:

cruzcode
12-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Right on Rick!! Your the man...cause now Derek has his own spares and doesn't have to use my shit!!:laughing2::laughing2:

My pleasure Jeff. Since I've "saved" your spare D30 parts, why don't you go ahead and save one of those "$0.33 but critical", plastic, shift, collar, tab, snaps, for me, then!

RC

HOGGSTATUS
12-23-2010, 10:38 PM
My pleasure Jeff. Since I've "saved" your spare D30 parts, why don't you go ahead and save one of those "$0.33 but critical", plastic, shift, collar, tab, snaps, for me, then!

RC

Anything I have that you need is yours!! Just like any person that needs it on the trail or street! :smokin:

cruzcode
12-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Anything I have that you need is yours!! Just like any person that needs it on the trail or street! :smokin:

Good lookin' out, man...

RC