Wilson Combat Border Patrol 12 ga. [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Wilson Combat Border Patrol 12 ga.

seer
10-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Any thoughts about the Wilson Combat Border Patrol 12 ga?

chromedome
10-26-2008, 05:34 PM
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3663&stc=1&d=1225067563

The border patrol may be carrying them, but they're not USING them enough if you ask me!

Dustoff '68
10-27-2008, 06:25 AM
Any thoughts about the Wilson Combat Border Patrol 12 ga?

About 10 years ago or so, I was a fan of Wilson Combat...you could send them a 1911, and they would send it back even better...then they started with their "own" line of products...way over priced, for what you get, IMHO...same with their shotguns...the Wilson brand just ads a good 25% or more to the price tag...I know a load of their gunsmiths moved on to Blackhawk, and I don't know if they do shotguns, but I think you can do better for less then Wilson Combat...;)

mcnaught6
10-27-2008, 07:01 AM
i would much rather have (actually, i do have) a benelli M4.

seer
10-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Thanks for pointing me toward Benelli. I've been wanting a shotgun since I lost my old Model 12 in my divorce. I should be thankful that at least she didn't shoot me with it. It looks like the M4 would make a good hunting rifle with slugs as well. How do you think it would do for birds?

While primarily I'm thinking home security, I wouldn't mind a bit of multi-use out of it as well.

BTW can a 3" chamber use 2 3/4" shells?

Riverkid
10-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Thanks for pointing me toward Benelli. I've been wanting a shotgun since I lost my old Model 12 in my divorce. I should be thankful that at least she didn't shoot me with it. It looks like the M4 would make a good hunting rifle with slugs as well. How do you think it would do for birds?

While primarily I'm thinking home security, I wouldn't mind a bit of multi-use out of it as well.

Most Benellis are tactical (pistol grip) plus they have extended magazines... I have a 3 1/2" Benelli I use for ducks and it is awesome! Great action system and so easy to clean versus a gas shotgun!

Any chambering can accomodate that size, plus any of the smaller sizes, so you would be fine shooting 2 3/4" shells in a 3" chambered shotgun...

mcnaught6
10-28-2008, 05:50 AM

yes, the M4 can fire 2 3/4 shells. that particular model wouldn't be great for birds because of the short barrell, but it would be a very quick gun. it is more of a tactical model, easy to maneuver quickly. it's a great gun (as are all benelli's imo) and fun to shoot.

if you are wanting a bird gun, you should look at the super black eagle (a fair amount more expensive too).

i have a custom mag for the M4 that lets me hold three more shells (plus the two more that i gain without the plug).

Dustoff '68
10-28-2008, 12:27 PM

SDMF
10-28-2008, 12:57 PM
I love my Remmington 870 express. I think I paid under 200 bucks for it at Walmart about 10 years ago, haha. It's not all fancy, but it has never failed once. :grinpimp:

Dustoff '68
10-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Mine's a 870...just without the fat ;)

Shadowman
10-29-2008, 11:21 PM
I prefer my Remington Model 10, along with my Winchester. Both are great for the target rich enviroment.........

PhilD
10-30-2008, 11:02 AM
way over priced, for what you get, IMHO...same with their shotguns...the Wilson brand just ads a good 25% or more to the price tag...X2

I have a Beretta 1201FP that cycles everything, nice and easy to handle, and goes bang every time. It uses the same recoil system as a Benelli and is pretty cheap. Makes for a nice home defense weapon.

A better choice would be the firearm that the 1201FP is based on, the Benelli M1 Super 90. Excellent reputation for flawless operation and lot's of mods available for it if you are so inclined, but it will do the job just fine straight out of the box.

FWIW Go to any 3-Gun match and 9 times out of 10 the fastest shooters will be shooting a M1. You can play with a 1100 to get it to perform close and it is softer shooting, but you are more likely to get jams, etc. I have two 1100's set up for competition and wished I'd have just gone with a M1 from day 1.