Florida only - What's your lift? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Florida only - What's your lift?

Grant211
10-23-2008, 05:54 AM
My theory is that I have the lowest lifted JK in Florida.:laughing: Please prove me wrong.

So, i'd like to know if you have a lift, what type and how much lift do you have... also what size tires are you running.

This thread could get interesting!!!!

Me - 2 1/2 Teraflex BB, 1 MORE Body Lifit, on 34's.

FL JEEPN
10-23-2008, 07:04 AM
OME HD - ~3.75" 32's.....I'm as tall if not taller and you have more components and bigger tires...:bounce:

Grant211
10-23-2008, 07:39 AM
OME HD - ~3.75" 32's.....I'm as tall if not taller and you have more components and bigger tires...:bounce:

i know... i'm like WTH... ohh well, my jeep still looks better:thefinger: ... You need some 35's or 37's on your rig to tower me ;) pssst.... CLARK is selling his 35's!!! hint hint hint

Jester
10-23-2008, 11:22 AM
I have a 4" Pro Comp Suspension Lift with 35" Goodyear MTR's. Thats tall enough for me I won't be raising it anymore.

HITMONEY
10-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Big.

:mr-t:

;)

mikeyfl
10-23-2008, 12:20 PM
3" FTU HD on 35x13.50 15 toyo mts.

FL JEEPN
10-23-2008, 01:17 PM
i know... i'm like WTH... ohh well, my jeep still looks better:thefinger: ... You need some 35's or 37's on your rig to tower me ;) pssst.... CLARK is selling his 35's!!! hint hint hint

Did he finally decide to sell his? I like those wheels too. 37's wont fit. 35's are going to be close.

H8T2W8T
10-23-2008, 07:29 PM
My theory is that I have the lowest lifted JK in Florida.:laughing: Please prove me wrong.

So, i'd like to know if you have a lift, what type and how much lift do you have... also what size tires are you running.

This thread could get interesting!!!!

HAHA! Everytime I go to HardRock I am sure I have the smallest Jeep out there.

Teraflex 3" (really 4" with stock spacer still on)
Stock 32" tires and rims.

It doesn't stop me from getting on and over "things"

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm119/Air2Mud46/Jeep/l_cc580671f5454b718c68f55e58d8e4bb.jpg
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm119/Air2Mud46/Jeep/flex2.jpg
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm119/Air2Mud46/Jeep/IMG_1314.jpg

bfj aka tambil
10-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Just a measly 4" LA with little 37" tires.

Should I get the 6" now that it is available?

Grant211
10-24-2008, 06:15 AM

Sure why not.... make me feel even smaller

i think i am going to add mexican tassels around my windshield and add some hyrdro's to my jeep... :bawling::shaking:

FL JEEPN
10-24-2008, 08:58 AM

Nah...JK's don't need that much lift...unless you plan on running 40's!

bfj aka tambil
10-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Sure why not.... make me feel even smaller

i think i am going to add mexican tassels around my windshield and add some hyrdro's to my jeep... :bawling::shaking:

I told my wife I wanted those mexican tassels... just like back in the 70's
She said no.. and plus its a soft top...maybe just around the door and window frames. :thefinger:

Nah...JK's don't need that much lift...unless you plan on running 40's!

Hmmmm.... Then I would have to add some D 60's... not yet. :smokin:

Ruskin
10-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Poly Synergy II - 3" (it gave me 4", but I expect it to settle with new bumpers, ect...)

Running 35 KM2. Will switch to 37 someday.

rooster
10-25-2008, 09:38 PM
not sure about the wheels... saw the ad in the for sale section.

I think Im selling mine too. My Toyos with Procomps that is. Im wanting 37's now...

Grant211
10-26-2008, 05:48 AM
I think Im selling mine too. My Toyos with Procomps that is. Im wanting 37's now...

how come i'm not surprised. Most people will rotate their tires, you on the other hand just sell them.:laughing:

humm... i wonder what your wheels and tires would look like on my JK?:homersimpson:

rooster
10-26-2008, 03:00 PM
how come i'm not surprised. Most people will rotate their tires, you on the other hand just sell them.:laughing:

humm... i wonder what your wheels and tires would look like on my JK?:homersimpson:

Probably pretty mean...All black...HOT

karnuvore
10-26-2008, 03:23 PM
6" Procomp LA and 37s.

or..

BIG

Grant211
12-03-2008, 07:31 AM
so how much would a 6 inch long arm lift, 38's or even 40's, gears, drive shafts, etc... run me?

I'm starting to get the itch of "go big or go home"

Jester
12-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Thats good to hear Grant. Check this out. There is guy down the street from me that has a 2007 Rescue Green JK Unlimited. I know he has a 6 inch long arm Pro Comp Kit and 37 inch tires. He is not selling this stuff but the good news is he's a huge Grateful Dead fan which of course equals he's a drunk. If we go there while he's sleeping maybe you can get the mods for free. Whatcha think?? Don't mention this to Dave though he's smarter than he looks and he may catch on. Lemme know.

karnuvore
12-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Thats good to hear Grant. Check this out. There is guy down the street from me that has a 2007 Rescue Green JK Unlimited. I know he has a 6 inch long arm Pro Comp Kit and 37 inch tires. He is not selling this stuff but the good news is he's a huge Grateful Dead fan which of course equals he's a drunk. If we go there while he's sleeping maybe you can get the mods for free. Whatcha think?? Don't mention this to Dave though he's smarter than he looks and he may catch on. Lemme know.

lol you freak.

Grant....around 3 grand for a LA kit. ~1200 for gears and install. ~800 for drive shafts. ~1500 for tires/wheels.

You gonna lift it Grant? Are ya Are ya?

Moose512
12-03-2008, 10:15 AM
You "BIG" guys only have me by less than an inch!!

I know, I measured. That doesn't sound right!

Running 4.5" BDS Short Arm, 1" MORE body lift and 37's

In this picture I look RubiKong worthy!!

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s351/Moose512/Corbett%20November%202008/IMG_1064.jpg

rooster
12-03-2008, 09:22 PM
6 1/2" + a 1" body lift and 35's...soon to be 37's. Im plenty bid enough now. I wouldnt want to go any bigger. Unless I went with 40's but then I would need 60's. So I think I'll stick to the 37's or 38's.

Grant your Jeep looks good. Seriously!

wanderingtrail
12-04-2008, 05:31 AM
Does my AiROCK count since I can go below stock height with it...:D

Note: Drives like a low rider, but it's low...

Ron

Grant211
12-04-2008, 05:36 AM
Does my AiROCK count since I can go below stock height with it...:D

Note: Drives like a low rider, but it's low...

Ron

Thank you so much for posting this!!! I don't feel like the lowrider of the crowd....:)

Got any pic's of your jeep with the different stances?

Rooster - Thanks for the compliment! Flattery will take you every where!

rooster
12-04-2008, 06:35 AM

Grant its true. You have one of the cleanest, nicest Jeeps in the group. With respect to everyone else that we hang with here. Everyones Jeep has their own nitch that sets them apart. If Hitmoneys Jeep wasnt black would it be as bad ass? Seriously, Karn's Jeep has the same lift and his is bad only Green. But it desnt have that Im going to kill you look like Hitmoneys. Karns Jeep looks like a bad trail rig with the light bar and the way he always keeps it looking like its ready to go. I have the same springs they have and my Jeep is as tall but Im on 35's. Mine is Silver so Im partial to all the Silver Jeeps in the group. Ours just look clean. What aggrivates me is mine looks like a trail ready show queen. People dont realize that I beat the shat out of it until they see the pics (or the severely beat up fenders now). But I think thats what you get with Silver.

If you want to go bigger I'll help you but you need to realize that its only going to bring more issues. I now have to get a new track bar because mine is too short. The bigger you go the more its going to cost.

I will tell you that my friends in Deland bought a Silver Rubi and I help them put the Teraflex 4" kit on it. That thing is bad! It sits just right on the 35's and actually came out as tall as the lift I just pulled off. I couldnt believe it. That Teraflex kit is a good kit.

You dont need 37's unless your going to use them. First off your pushing the D30 front wih 37's. I know Karn beats the crap out of his but thats a big tire to for that little axle. Ive heard some guys say they never had a problem and Ive heard some say they snapped the first trip out. Guess it depends on whether your "Florida" wheeling or somewhere like River Rock. The only reason Im going 37's is because I need them. I need the clearance for what I like to do and River Rock and my bent tie rod only proved that.

Now granted I would love to go 40's because I think 40's will be the norm before too much longer and 37's will be like the 35's are to the 37's now. But to go 40's you better be ready to by a D60 or worry you'll break it if you dont. Just like the commercial, pay me now or pay me later. It will happen.

Long story short...your Jeep looks great. Dont Fck it up trying to keep up with the crowd.

bfj aka tambil
12-04-2008, 05:30 PM
All too true there Rooster.

I think it is great that we all get together and have a good time. The different preferences and styles just keep us diversified ...Just like Florida is.

Jester
12-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Grant your Jeep does look good the way it is. I like Joses' too just the way it is and he always talks about go bigger too. Even if I could afford to go bigger I wouldn't due to the daily driver Jeep thing.

karnuvore
12-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Grant your Jeep does look good the way it is. I like Joses' too just the way it is and he always talks about go bigger too. Even if I could afford to go bigger I wouldn't due to the daily driver Jeep thing.

Yeah but it's funny watching you crawl in and out of a 6" Jeep w/ 37s eheheheh.

karnuvore
12-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Karns Jeep looks like a bad trail rig with the light bar and the way he always keeps it looking like its ready to go.

Looking hell! Let's go!!!

rooster
12-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Looking hell! Let's go!!!

Hey were talking about going up to Hard Rock sometime this month or on the 1st. Wanna come with? I still want to wheel with you, I think we'd have fun. I was going to try and come to your guys parade but my Jeeps down. Got a serious death wobble. Ive got to get up under this weekend and set my pinion angles and Im going to order a new track bar (longer). Otherwise I cant even drive it down the street.

Did Grant die? He started this thread and hasnt even been on. Yo Grant! Where you be bro?

FL JEEPN
12-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Mine's about to have no lift.....It's going back to Chrysler! :bounce:

rooster
12-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Mine's about to have no lift.....It's going back to Chrysler! :bounce:

CoNGRATS on that. Hopefully they will give you one that runs right! Look forward to hanging out again sometime.

FL JEEPN
12-05-2008, 07:15 PM
CoNGRATS on that. Hopefully they will give you one that runs right! Look forward to hanging out again sometime.

Thanks and sure thing. Settlement company is supposed to contact me next week. I'm going color shopping tomorrow. It's either going to be red, orange, or deep water blue I think. I need to see the last two in person.

Grant211
12-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Did Grant die? He started this thread and hasnt even been on. Yo Grant! Where you be bro?

yo i'm here fool.

Thanks and sure thing. Settlement company is supposed to contact me next week. I'm going color shopping tomorrow. It's either going to be red, orange, or deep water blue I think. I need to see the last two in person.

That blue looks pretty sick. Good luck dude!

72Jeeper
12-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Like it says in my sign, 6.5" BDS and some little ol 38s. haven't you guys heard the ads on the radio, its not the height of your junk it's the WIDTH!!! lol

Billy

rooster
12-06-2008, 07:24 AM
It's either going to be red, orange, or deep water blue I think. I need to see the last two in person. I love the Blue but that Orange would be SWEET all tricked out. If I didnt have sentimental value in mine I would trade it for the Orange.

yo i'm here fool

About time. Been busy?

Grant211
12-06-2008, 11:15 AM
About time. Been busy?

sorda...But there is always time for beer. :beer:

Maybe we can meet up sometime soon

wanderingtrail
12-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Thank you so much for posting this!!! I don't feel like the lowrider of the crowd....:)

Got any pic's of your jeep with the different stances?

http://www.wanderingtrail.com/Mods/JKmods/JKAiROCK/images/DSC04916.jpg
Tilt
http://www.wanderingtrail.com/Mods/JKmods/JKAiROCK/images/DSC04920.jpg
All Up
http://www.wanderingtrail.com/Mods/JKmods/JKAiROCK/images/DSC04921.jpg
All Down

Ron

Grant211
12-07-2008, 07:05 AM
Wanderingtrail (Ron) That is just insane!! I love it.

wanderingtrail
12-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Should have seen the look on the low riders face when he came a bouncing up next to me, and I hit all down.... pssst.... Or the look on the lady in the convertible, when I blew a main air line right next to her.... (note zip ties are your friend, reinstall them)

Ron

wanderingtrail
12-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Driving through the front gate of the naval base tilted does get some strange looks from the guards.

Ron

idrivejeep
01-08-2009, 05:07 AM
What do you know Grant, I've got the same set-up as you. Just waiting on the wheels and tires.

So since I'm still running on stock Sahara 18's I guess I'm still the little guy.:bawling:

michaelkern
01-08-2009, 09:57 AM
I think my jeep wins, wife has repeatedly said no to any lift so I am all stock in height and tires

Jason
01-08-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm running with 6.5 inches of lift and 40 inch tires. When I go through a drive-thru window, the person on the inside has to look up.

For those of you wanting 37" tires, I'm selling a set of five 37x13.50x17 BFG KM2's. About 1,500 miles on them (spare has zero miles on it). Pick-up ONLY in Jacksonville. $1000 firm. I'll take cash or PayPal (in case you want to pay with a credit or debit card). If you pay with PayPal, then you have to cover the PayPal fees, which would be like an extra $30.

idrivejeep
01-08-2009, 10:31 AM
I think my jeep wins, wife has repeatedly said no to any lift so I am all stock in height and tires

My wife said the same thing at first. She said, "It'll look all ghetto, if you lift it!" :grinpimp:

So I had to point out every lifted vehicle we came across and bombard her with requests. She caved in.

idrivejeep
01-08-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm running with 6.5 inches of lift and 40 inch tires. When I go through a drive-thru window, the person on the inside has to look up.

I guess everyone gets an ego boost in their own way. But impressing the guy flipping burgers for a living?:thefinger:

Jason
01-08-2009, 10:51 AM
I guess everyone gets an ego boost in their own way. But impressing the guy flipping burgers for a living?:thefinger:

Impressing the fry-guy is the last thing I care about. I only mentioned the drive-thru window because that's something most people can associate with in terms of height.

I didn't get my lift and tires to boost my ego...I got them because I use them for something other than mall crawling.

Ben Hedrick
01-08-2009, 11:42 AM
I am running a Teraflex 2.5BB kit (originally), with a 3/4" Skyjacker from spacers in the front and then I replaced the front Teraflex BB spacers with 3" Teraflex coils but I am still running the rear Teraflex BB spacers. I am about to replace the rear springs too with the Teraflex 3" coils.

http://benhedrick.com/1-Before.jpg

Jason
01-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Good looking JK Ben. I've seen those lights advertised, but hadn't seen them mounted on a rig until now...how do you like them?

idrivejeep
01-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Impressing the fry-guy is the last thing I care about. I only mentioned the drive-thru window because that's something most people can associate with in terms of height.

I didn't get my lift and tires to boost my ego...I got them because I use them for something other than mall crawling.

Calm down dude. I'm just messing with you. Yeez, I thought you had thicker skin than that.

Is this JKowners or JK-forum?

Jason
01-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Calm down dude. I'm just messing with you. Yeez, I thought you had thicker skin than that.

Is this JKowners or JK-forum?

Guess I should have plugged in some smilies. I thought it was clever of me to rhyme "fry-guy" and I did try to bust on you back by implying I hit trails and you hit the mall. :grinpimp:

I don't really know you, but trust me, I'm extremely laid back and chill...unless I smoke crack...that gets me tweaking sometimes. :smokin:

I'll try to remember to use smiles more often. :beer:

idrivejeep
01-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Don't worry, it's all good!

And don't knock those speed bumps at the mall, you hit them the wrong way and you could spill your beer.:beer:

bfj aka tambil
01-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Don't worry, it's all good!

And don't knock those speed bumps at the mall, you hit them the wrong way and you could spill your beer.:beer:

EASY FIX...

Drink your beer and you wont spill it. :beer: :smokin:

Grant211
08-13-2009, 06:42 AM
bump for all the noobs

l3itch
08-13-2009, 06:57 AM
2.5 TF Coil w/ Shocks.. 1" BL sitting in my spare room... I really need to get that thing on....

http://jkowners.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=416&pictureid=2306

http://jkowners.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=416&pictureid=2305

I had to put up these pics again just so I could use this::thefinger: Thanks again for the decorations, guys :thefinger:

fl-mitchells
08-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Not too noob, but enough to have missed this thread.... 2.5" ProComp spring & shock and 1" Teraflex level pucks. Plenty of room for my 35's to wiggle around especially with the fenders cut. No more lift for us.... my wife is only 5' tall and it's her DD. I might be able to sneak a little bigger tire in if I pull out the sawzall and regear, but it's very well balanced between on and off road now.

.:eMETAL:.
08-13-2009, 07:30 AM
Teraflex Elite LCG 6" (37" mud grapplers on 17" procomps)

http://www.teraflex.biz/wp-content/uploads/gallery/erik-anderson/emetal-1-medium.jpg

JaysJK
08-13-2009, 07:32 AM
None. Just imagine a grey JK with Rubi wheels and tires but no Rubi sticker.

GreenAmphibious
08-13-2009, 07:53 AM
2.5 TF coil kit on 35s. Swapping front springs for TF 3" soon

RanWitScissorz
08-13-2009, 09:14 AM
4" TF w/ 2.5" spacer w/ 1" Bodylift w/ 37" tires

Now if only I could find some cash and get 6" coils and 40+" tires :mr-t:

bmillow
08-13-2009, 12:58 PM

I'm with ya.... 2.5" Teraflex BB, 1" Daystar BL and 35's

TheBeatenPath
08-13-2009, 01:38 PM
stock x

im torn between 31 mt or 35 mt another jeep at school has bigger tires tahn i must get bigger tires than him:devil: even tho i can prolly do everything he does:thefinger: its a tj not a jk so yall know
prolly just 33s but i guess its back to 35s there only 30 or so more dollars any way so i want 35s again:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

.:eMETAL:.
08-13-2009, 01:46 PM
stock x

im torn between 31 mt or 35 mt another jeep at school has bigger tires tahn i must get bigger tires than him:devil: even tho i can prolly do everything he does:thefinger: its a tj not a jk so yall know
prolly just 33s but i guess its back to 35s there only 30 or so more dollars any way so i want 35s again:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

boy you make my head hurt :blender:

Yosh_Lopez
08-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Whats the criteria to claim FL citizenship? I lived in Miami Beach for three years, joined the Army, and now I am back in P-Cola for training.

Anywho....

I am running an OME HD lift (standard yellow shocks, not the black long travel) with JKS front LCA's.

Looking forward to meeting up with the FL Peeps for some trail runs.

zjr
08-13-2009, 03:01 PM
How about 2.5" TF BB on 31" stock SR-A's?

scottrock
08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
I got a poor mans 3.5" :mr-t:

TeraFlex 2.5" BB, Rubicon JKU springs & shocks, Skyjacker rear links w/ 285/75's on stock 16" steel (but those are changin tonight!)

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p175/rock_scott/Jeep/2009_08020023.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p175/rock_scott/Citrus%20JK%20run/2009_08090047.jpg

TheBeatenPath
08-13-2009, 03:48 PM
u got new rims or tiers or both or waht:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:tellus tell us:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Berlin
08-13-2009, 05:22 PM
I don't think I posted in this thread but I've got a Poly Performance 3" Synergy Stage II with 35s... Just to think, you guys coming over from Eddie land can say Poly Performance now! Awesome! :beer:

Chunks
08-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Rubicon Express 3.5" Superflex. (Putting in 1" front Teraflex spacers soon)

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu60/Chunks2995/8thB-day059.jpg?t=1250213260
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu60/Chunks2995/Ocalatrip082.jpg?t=1250213373

DgonzJK
08-13-2009, 07:37 PM
3" Zone Lift & 1" Body lift
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/x4u2abuze247/Jeep/DSC02891-1.jpg

scottrock
08-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Poly Performance Poly Performance Poly Performance!! Gee that is nice. :D

u got new rims or tiers or both or waht:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:tellus tell us:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I picked up 5 Eagle Alloy 1378's & 5 285/75R16 Nitto Terra Grappler A/T's. With 7k miles on em. Such a good deal, I practically stole em :thefinger:

Too dark for pics by the time I got em on. Tomorrow :mr-t:

Scout
08-13-2009, 08:06 PM
For a good cause!:DI know they will be put to good use

Scout
08-13-2009, 08:11 PM
By the way how did they look with the cut fenders?

scottrock
08-13-2009, 08:14 PM
By the way how did they look with the cut fenders?

Like I need 37's :D

They look great but I wanna paint the ring black. I'll give it a few days and if it doesn't grow on me, I'll do it.

Scout
08-13-2009, 08:22 PM
well ya probably do,but thats something to look forward to.the build is never finished,right?

hansonian
08-14-2009, 05:39 AM
i'm rolling stock. lift's are a waste of money. :D

TheBeatenPath
08-14-2009, 01:55 PM
boy you make my head hurt :blender:
i know im a litle :devil:arent i
Poly Performance Poly Performance Poly Performance!! Gee that is nice. :D

I picked up 5 Eagle Alloy 1378's & 5 285/75R16 Nitto Terra Grappler A/T's. With 7k miles on em. Such a good deal, I practically stole em :thefinger:

Too dark for pics by the time I got em on. Tomorrow :mr-t:

sweet that is awesome what happended to the old one tho?

scottrock
08-14-2009, 02:13 PM
sweet that is awesome what happended to the old one tho?

The old tires? They will sit in the shed until I run these down. They still got many miles left on em. :bounce:

TheBeatenPath
08-14-2009, 02:55 PM
The old tires? They will sit in the shed until I run these down. They still got many miles left on em. :bounce:

thats what i thought

FARMBOY
08-14-2009, 03:24 PM
I dont have a JK. :bawling:

But my XJ has a 3.5" RE on 31" Growlers, and my Fummins has 17" on 42" Rockers

justginger
08-16-2009, 08:56 AM
2.5 teraflex bb with 35 KM2 & if i wasn't so short it'd be bigger but it is my daily driver.

sharpe351
08-18-2009, 08:07 PM
It's in the sig for me. Rusty's dosen't seem to get much love, but they do make a good lift kit. Love the rigs on here. People actually think that these rigs don't get dirty very often. Then I show them the pics of mine dirty. :beer: 's up to all.

tkob1060
08-18-2009, 08:12 PM
I have a noisy all bad bushing Full Craption ultimate(its not so ultimate) lift

yeah I'm not in FL but I just wish I was and I like to break the rules so :thefinger:

:laughing:

atrane21
08-19-2009, 10:36 AM
hey grant atleast you have a lift period!! i wish i had just a budget booster on 33's!! haha i'd be happy with even that!

Grant211
08-19-2009, 10:47 AM
hey grant atleast you have a lift period!! i wish i had just a budget booster on 33's!! haha i'd be happy with even that!

thanks dude... i appreciate that

bubba2u
08-19-2009, 04:21 PM
2.5" bb
http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1878/8082027/22046873/372123248.jpg

JKSwede
08-21-2009, 08:08 PM
I am rollin' on a 3" TF including the 9550 TF shocks. 35/12.50/17 Procomp Extreme A/T tires on Procomp 17x8, 7089's

I love the lift and the look!:bounce: