Open Call - Florida Members Xmas Parade [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Open Call - Florida Members Xmas Parade

karnuvore
10-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Our jeep club (www.jacked-up-jeepclub.com) is working on an idea to participate in 1 or more xmas parades this holiday season.

So far we are trying for the Winter Haven/Auburndale parade and possibly the Lake Wales Parade. The entry fee is $25 per vehicle (for the Winter Haven parade) and since we are a fledgling club - we'd like to have as many jeeps show up as possible. Jake and I basically dont want it to be us 2 doing this alone - that'd just be pathetic! We have about 8 members right now, but we're wanting more people to help us in this parade.

We are discussing w/ one of our club sponsors (Sorenson & Schade Jeep Dealership in Lake Wales) about getting them to either help pick up the entry fee for us or pick it up entirely. Either way, we'd like to invite any of you JK guys that want to show off your rig to participate.

I go to this parade every year and decided last year that I wanted to try to put this together. It's not a tiny parade by any means. I'd estimate 5-10k people along the parade route. Last year I bought a power inverter and hooked up xmas lights to my jeep and drove around like that for the entire month. I was thinkign maybe we could do up our jeeps for this parade. I beleive the Witner Haven parade is Dec. 5th.

Anyways, if you wanna come help us represent and show off your rig - post up here so we can get an idea of how many so we can talk to our sponsor about it.

It'll be fun. Come on. Let's impress the hicks in Polk County.

Jester
10-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Come on guys lets kick this parade in the ass!:beer:

Jester
10-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Bah Hum Bug!! 18 views and no interest! I hate parades but kids and old people love them so come lets make some kids and old people happy.

Grant what better way to show off your shiny Jeep but to wheel it in a parade?

karnuvore
10-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Yeah Im expecting Grant and Rooster. I wanna see which one has the cleanest Jeep. I promise I'll wash, wax, and detail mine. Honestly.

Crazy X
10-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Count me in,Im all for Charity :innocent:

Grant211
10-20-2008, 03:41 PM
not sure if i can make it, but i'll try.

I'll know more as we get closer to the date.

Karnuvore - Don't worry... my jeep is just about always clean, so i'm sure you will see it all detailed up soon. You have to admit, Rooster had me beat at the last meet though. His tires were armorall'ed up along with door surrounds. :grinpimp:

karnuvore
10-20-2008, 04:49 PM
You have to admit, Rooster had me beat at the last meet though. His tires were armorall'ed up along with door surrounds. :grinpimp:

I think his tires were a full 1/4" wider - with armorall.

idrivejeep
10-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Parades sound like fun, but that's a hell of a trek from Miami. Although the wife and I were planning to visit the "Mouse" during early Dec. so we'd be up in that area.

What's the exact date of the parade? 'cause Dec.5 is a Friday and I thought most parades were on weekends.

I'll know better as the date approaches if you can count me in.

rooster
10-20-2008, 07:20 PM
LOL you guys are funny! :thefinger: You have to admit though its been just as dirty as it has clean! I think this is a good cause and I might could participate in that.

bfj aka tambil
10-20-2008, 08:09 PM
I will be willing to help you out. After all you keep us all amused!! and stirred up..lol

I hate parades! But I like to support my friends! and even people I kinda know.

Jester
10-20-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm stoked about the support and I am not trying to squash it but somehow a charity was brought up. This is just for a parade I'm not sure where the money goes. As far as I know we'll basically be doing the parade for bragging rights. Pretty cool though I can't wait to make the Jeep look like a sleigh. I don't expect to hear any "Fat Santa' jokes either.:thefinger:

karnuvore
10-20-2008, 09:46 PM
shut up jake. Let them donate to our "charity"

lol

He's right guys. I dunno where the idea of a charity came into being, but there is none. I reread my OP to make sure I didn't put it in there.

However, if you would like to buy me beer, I will accept your donation w/ grace and humility. Let's show off our jeeps in an Xmas parade.

Crazy X
10-21-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm stoked about the support and I am not trying to squash it but somehow a charity was brought up. This is just for a parade I'm not sure where the money goes. As far as I know we'll basically be doing the parade for bragging rights. Pretty cool though I can't wait to make the Jeep look like a sleigh. I don't expect to hear any "Fat Santa' jokes either.:thefinger:

You Have to wear the Santa Suit :thefinger:

Jester
10-21-2008, 05:15 PM
There two ways I'm wearing the Santa Suit. No Way and No F%*king Way!

karnuvore
10-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Jake...that's 5 in this thread alone (I included you Rooster - you're going - you were too wishy washy Grant - come on now). I havent checked the yays and nays on the other forum.

Edit: Ok I checked the other forum: Cleanride and Wyatt. That's 7 total jeeps so far. Not too shabby.

michaelkern
10-22-2008, 10:34 AM
I can probably participate. Remind me as the date gets closer.

Jester
10-22-2008, 11:19 AM
You guys Rock!!!!:beer:

karnuvore
10-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Bump....

Jake, when is the deadline to register?

bfj aka tambil
10-29-2008, 08:14 PM
We're getting close.. any update on this?
What about entry fee, get it to you somehow... meeting time, parade time, place, etc...

Jester
10-29-2008, 08:19 PM
I've been slammed as of late I will check on everything tomorrow. The entry fee is $25.00 per Jeep but I am trying to get a sponsor to cover our entry. I will need a definite show of hands soon so we can register for this I will post back up later of Thursday.

Jester
10-30-2008, 06:32 AM
Bump....

Jake, when is the deadline to register?

The registration deadline is November 21st so we need to definetly get this thing rolling. I'll be stopping by the dealership today so I'll ask about sponsorship. But if they won't it's still only $25.00 a Jeep.

Jester
10-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Heres the low down for the Parade. The $25.00 entrance fee covers two Jeeps. So that even cheaper if we need to end up paying ourselves. All Jeeps must be decorated in the Christmas Theme with NO Santa and NO Mrs. Claus. You are only allowed to have 1 Santa and 1 Mrs. Claus per parade so it doesn't confuse the little ones that still believe in the magic of Christmas like Dave & Jose. We will need the measurements of the Jeeps so they can calculate how big of a spot we will need. We can have up to 10 walkers in the parade and they have to be at least 12 years old or older. There can be no throwing of any objects into the crowd. But there is nothing in the rules against body surfing so thats good. Each driver will need to have his/her valid driver's license and proof of insurance. NO alcoholic beverages and no tobacco products during the Parade. We will need a theme of our entry. So lets kick that idea around and try to come up with a Jeep Christmas theme.

This Parade will be filmed by PGTV and we will be basically given like a 30 second free commercial so lets do our best to represent the Jeep Community well. I will pm one of administrators here and request that they loan us a JKOWNERS.com banner for one of the Jeeps as to show our appreciation for the ability to post up here. I'll post up with more details as I get them.

karnuvore
10-30-2008, 02:49 PM
sweeeet!

kerryp
10-30-2008, 03:11 PM
You can't be Santa, but :grinpimp:y'all could be Santa's little elves....

bfj aka tambil
10-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Cool deal. December 5th, right. I am 99.9 positive I can ride with you all.
Even the wife will come on this ride. LOL
If you need to pay for the jeeps, I will pitch in when I see you. i am no good at decorating etc, so whatever you party peeps plan up is good with me.. I can pitch in for the decor but not the ideas!

Jester
10-31-2008, 09:17 AM
I can pitch in for the decor but not the ideas!

Maybe Karnuvore can give us some insite on the decorating he pimped his ride last year. I'll most likely add lights and other normal decortaions but as far as a theme goes I'm clueless right now.

Crazy X
10-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Hey Jester I really dont believe that statement "NOT TO CONFUSE THE KIDS"
But,back to the task in hand. I thinks this needs A M&G in lake wales over some :beer: & :smokin: well maybe not :smokin: but some more :beer:
That's Funny from a person that has 1 :beer:

Jester
10-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Yes we need to get together again and soon but everyone is so busy.

karnuvore
10-31-2008, 09:58 PM
Impromptu club meeting next Friday evening? Hell it's just going out to dinner.

Crazy X
11-01-2008, 05:49 AM
Im In,How about Fester.

Jester
11-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Are we talking about this Friday November 7th?? If so I think we can arrange this.

karnuvore
11-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah might as well. Arrange it. We can talk face to face and iron this sh!t out.

Jester
11-04-2008, 05:00 AM
Ok Jacked Up Meet & Greet this Friday November 7th at 7pm at the Lake Wales Beef O Bradys. JOSE that means 7pm on this Friday. Friday Jose at 7pm. Jose todays Tuesday, then comes Wednesday, after that is Thursday, and then Friday which is the Meet & Greet at 7pm. I'll call you to remind you too!!:thefinger:

Grant211
11-04-2008, 05:44 AM
JOSE that means 7pm on this Friday. Friday Jose at 7pm. Jose todays Tuesday, then comes Wednesday, after that is Thursday, and then Friday which is the Meet & Greet at 7pm. I'll call you to remind you too!!:thefinger:

you also forgot to tell him its 7PM EASTERN time. I think he was using the wrong time zone on the last meet:D

i might be able to go to this meeting. I'm not leaving for Miami till Saturday, so this might be doable. I'll let you guys know later on

Crazy X
11-05-2008, 04:03 PM
I FEEL THE LOVE :bounce:

Crazy X
11-05-2008, 04:04 PM
you also forgot to tell him its 7PM EASTERN time. I think he was using the wrong time zone on the last meet:D

i might be able to go to this meeting. I'm not leaving for Miami till Saturday, so this might be doable. I'll let you guys know later on

I will Believe it when we see you :beer:

Grant211
11-07-2008, 05:52 PM
ever have one of those days when you knew you were forgetting something, but didn't know what you were forgetting?

well guess what i forgot...

this freaking meeting for tonight.

SOB!

bfj aka tambil
11-07-2008, 07:35 PM
I hear ya.

Didn't finish work until almost 7pm. Spent all week training a new manager, and moving my office. Next time.

And Definitly Dec 5th. That one is on the calander.

Jester
11-07-2008, 09:05 PM
We had a good turn out. Clark showed up and joined the club!!:bounce: We missed you guys but we'll se you soon.

karnuvore
11-07-2008, 09:21 PM
We ironed out the xmas parade plans and will be camping in Ocala on the 22nd of this month. Was a good meeting.

See you guys soon.

Grant211
11-08-2008, 05:08 AM
We ironed out the xmas parade plans and will be camping in Ocala on the 22nd of this month. Was a good meeting.

See you guys soon.

details... whats the plans? what about the gift steal idea party?

karnuvore
11-09-2008, 09:46 PM
details... whats the plans? what about the gift steal idea party?

Well, we're not a formal bunch. Basically what we came up w/ is that 1) we are going to do the show n shine then drive up to Big Scrub campground in Ocala and camp on the 22nd. Both events - one day. 2) We are doing the xmas parade and got a show of hands at the meeting of who was going. That, thrown together w/ the ones who are saying they are going here, and jake's forum, plus any jeeps sorenson & schade want to enter - means we are going to have a LOTTA jeeps representing. Wooohooo.

Now the gift exchange - we forgot to talk about lol. But to our credit, it wasnt OUR idea. I'm still game for whatever people wanna do. How does our poll look? The next night in Orlando? I dont care - honestly.

Oh yeah, Clark joined our club. Right on!

We did decide - rambling here - that our xmas parade "theme" was going to be xmas lights. Buy one power inverter, plug into your cig lighter, hook up 2 strings of xmas lights - you're in business. Jeep parade is a night parade so it should look badass if all these jeeps come rolling by w/ lights all over them.

I reckon we need to post up the campout plan. We are camping in Big Scrub (on saturday), but will probably wheel a "secret spot" the next day or Hard Rock. Wanna camp?

Jester
11-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Alright I need a show of hands for 100% sure you will be attending the Parade on Dec 5th by Wednesday Nov 18th. I have to turn in the paperwork to the city and get a check from our sponsor. So post up or shut up.:thefinger: Oh yea, Happy Thanksgiving!!

bfj aka tambil
11-16-2008, 07:49 PM
I will be there on the 5th.. You have my support.

karnuvore
11-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Alright I need a show of hands for 100% sure you will be attending the Parade on Dec 5th by Wednesday Nov 18th. I have to turn in the paperwork to the city and get a check from our sponsor. So post up or shut up.:thefinger: Oh yea, Happy Thanksgiving!!

Jake, Wednesday is the 19th. Just making sure that was a typo and we're not a day late and a dollar short on our entry.

Jester
11-17-2008, 05:56 AM
Jake, Wednesday is the 19th. Just making sure that was a typo and we're not a day late and a dollar short on our entry.

I'm so far ahead of the game I sometimes get my days mixed up. But for you common folk I guess I'll revert back to present date. Like Karn said speak up before the 19th which is Wednesday.

Edit: I spoke with the organizer of the Parade again and they have lowered the allowed amount of vehicle to 10 per entry. So with the Jacked Up and this forum we should be good.

rooster
11-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Looks like Im out for now. Apparently my Jeep club decided to enter the parade here and its also on Dec 5th. Atleast thats what Ive been told. Im checking now so I'll update when I know more.

Jester
12-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Any of you that are participating in the Winter Haven Christmas Parade with the Jacked Up Jeep Club I'll post up the meeting location and time for Friday tomorrow after my meeting with the parade people. Don't forget!! This is the 1st reminder of the week.

Jester
12-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Allright I just got back from the parade meeting. BigDogSelf and Mouser were also there and we found out our spot in the parade. Good old lucky # 71. Yep thats right #71. We need to be there no later 5:30 and ready to set up. We will no most definetly be waiting a while but we committed so we're in it for the long haul. Due to the size of our entry they are having us meet with the tractor trailers behind the Allstar Bar & Grill which is in the Spring Lake Square shopping plaza located at 906 Spring Lake Sq Winter Haven, FL 33881

We need to really be on time. Whoever is there first needs to tell the event worker that your entry number is 71 and you need to hold a place for 10 Jeeps.

Remember our number is 71. They say I have to stress that our number is 71. Don't forget #71.

#71 #71 #71 #71 #71 #71 #71 #71 #71

Don't Forget. If you have any questions my number is 863-412-2239 if I don't answer leave a message and I will call back.

If you are going to participate please pm me with you cell number so we can communicate while enroute to the parade. I know Jeepers someone is going to be late.

karnuvore
12-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks for going Jake. I got off work right as the meeting was starting. My son and nephew/neice are EXCITED about this thing. It's gonna be fun.

Jester
12-05-2008, 08:35 PM
We had a good turn out for the Parade and we had a good time. DAve is going post up pics later. Bill thanks for coming out and supporting us!! Good to see you again.

Crazy X
12-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Dave I would Like to see the PICS :bounce:

bfj aka tambil
12-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks Jester. And thanks for the invite. The kids and I had a blast. Going to try to be more active this coming year and get this Jeep out and dirty!!! lol

karnuvore
12-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Man I'm having technical difficulties on my end. Read: I need a new computer.

I'll post what few pics I have, but I mostly shot video. I WAS gonna edit the video down and put some xmas music to it and be all god damned cheery and festive but my computer told me it is SICK and tired of editing video. So it'll be a MAC for karnuvore in 2009.

Oh well..

Grant211
12-11-2008, 05:48 AM
[QUOTE=karnuvore;62815]Man I'm having technical difficulties on my end. Read: I need a new computer.
[QUOTE]

Well... thats what you get for going to those XXX websites:D

My computer at home is the same way.. so don't feel bad.

Boy do i hate those websites:bawling: