hate to say... [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: hate to say...

mikeyfl
10-18-2008, 09:18 PM
but it was 70* out when i drove home tonight...

top down doors off...

and i had to turn the heat on. :eek: :laughing:

suthernjeeper
10-18-2008, 09:34 PM
lol, u florida people are lucky. my tops been up for a week now

rooster
10-19-2008, 07:19 AM
:laughing: Same here. I had to turn on the heat. Atleast were coming into the dry season and can leave the top down and doors off without getting wet.

Jester
10-19-2008, 08:47 AM
I was out all night and just came home this morning and on my way home I just had to stop and put the top down. I hope the weather stays like this for a while.

karnuvore
10-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Yeah I had my heat on last weekend on my night riding in ocala. And it's colder this weekend.

That said, I am running no doors no top. If it rains, oh well.

I FREAKING LOVE THIS WEATHER!!

HITMONEY
10-19-2008, 09:02 AM
I went out all day yesterday in the "LiL Jeep" in South Beach... top down doors off... The weather was PERFECT!

On the ride home at sundown it was in the low 70's and dry air.. AWESOME!

Our "Riding Season" is upon us!

Crazy X
10-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Hard Top of and stored. Well not really it is off but on top of my picnic table.

idrivejeep
10-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Can't agree with you more about the weather. Got my top and doors off.

Fun to drive, but a pain in the A$$ with only one crappy mirror to barely keep me legal on the road.

rooster
10-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Can't agree with you more about the weather. Got my top and doors off.

Fun to drive, but a pain in the A$$ with only one crappy mirror to barely keep me legal on the road.

LOL side mirrors are not required in Florida. Do what I did. Buy some round 2" mirrors and stick them on the flat side of your rotating outside AC vents. If you position them just right you can see approaching traffic from behind. Trust me it works and when you dont want to see the mirrors flip the rotating vent around to the other side.

Crazy X
10-20-2008, 06:41 PM
BRILLIANT!

idrivejeep
10-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Good tip, thanks for the info. I'll have to stop by Autozone or Pep Boys tomorrow and pick some up.

I don't have anything on the passenger side and every time I have to switch lanes on my right, I've been turning down the radio so I can hear if there are any horns honking as I move into the other lane.:shaking:

StubEXrube
10-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Good tip, thanks for the info. I'll have to stop by Autozone or Pep Boys tomorrow and pick some up.

Walmart has them too and they're a little cheaper there. They are in the RV section (between camping and automotive).

idrivejeep
10-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Walmart has them too and they're a little cheaper there. They are in the RV section (between camping and automotive).

Thanks, forgot about Wally World. I'll stop by there tomorrow on my way to Hitmoney's M&G.

rooster
10-21-2008, 03:39 AM
I found if you buy the slightly curved ones (I bought mine from Wally World) it works best. The drivers side is just a hair out and the passenger side I turn in about an 1/8th to 1/4 inch. Granted it doesnt give you long range vision but I can see from about my bumper on (car length). You get use to it and you'll need to adjust them for your seating position.