Finally mounted my LCD Monitor [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Finally mounted my LCD Monitor

FzyPChz
10-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Finally got my Ram mount and installed my little Sony LCD Monitor to the speaker bar! Here's some pics:

http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/LCD_Monitor_Front.jpg
http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/LCD_Monitor_Rear_View.jpg

Now my son can watch his favorite movies comfortably from his car seat!

MichaelW
10-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Dang girl you have been busy!

Looks sweet! At first I thought this was installed up front and I was like, who can see past that. :grinpimp:

Your son doesn't know how lucky he has it with a mom that shops Home Depot, installs flat panel monitors and drives a Jeep!:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

FzyPChz
10-17-2007, 05:16 PM

Looks sweet! At first I thought this was installed up front and I was like, who can see past that. :grinpimp:

Your son doesn't know how lucky he has it with a mom that shops Home Depot, installs flat panel monitors and drives a Jeep!:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Aww, thanks Michael :blush2: That really means alot coming from you! I just love projects and completing them (may it be home and Jeep related stuff)...I love learning new things so keep posting them write ups and sharing tech tips!

a plumber
10-18-2007, 08:49 AM

i thought the same thing i thought it was up front, looks good,

i had a 13" black and white tv in my room when i was a kid

pebblehoppertj
10-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Sweet !!!! My son has a portable one !! But that would be better cause he wont drop it !!!:shaking:

paragon
10-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Sweet !!!! My son has a portable one !! But that would be better cause he wont drop it !!!:shaking:
been there, done that 3 or 4 times with 2 daughters.

Also have gone through, or better said, am on my 3rd set of the portable players that you can strap the player on the headrest.

The last couple of pair have the player and monitor together.

MossMan
10-24-2007, 08:15 AM
are you playing the movies with the in dash unit?

pebblehoppertj
10-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah I have the stock Dvd player in the console ..... I might just do that .... I got the wireing diagram down .....

Movies would sound alot better comming from the jeeps sound system ...than the portable player he has right now :thefinger:

FzyPChz
10-30-2007, 12:03 PM
are you playing the movies with the in dash unit?

Yes. Also the monitor I got has a second Video IN so we hooked up my son's Leapster L-Max and he plays his educational games (with his headsets on) while I can still listen to my iPod thru the stereo. The best of both worlds!

As for portable units, I'm on my second one already and decided that I was tired of having to lug it in and out of the Jeep and having to strap the darn thing on the headrests. With this set up, the LCD Monitor can just be popped off when not in use (I can take it w/ me in the house or store it in the Jeep out of sight). Much more user friendly!

4WheelinWithPride
11-01-2007, 07:08 PM
How did you get the dash unit to look like wood?

Both the moniter and dash unit look great though!

FzyPChz
11-02-2007, 12:02 PM
How did you get the dash unit to look like wood?

Both the moniter and dash unit look great though!

The dash kit is the Bestop TrailMax Dash Overlay in "faux" wood :D. And thanks for the compliment! I like 'em too!