Guess what I found on my doorstep! [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Guess what I found on my doorstep!

rooster
10-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Mopar performance front and rear D44 axles with lockers and another big box with Superior 5:13 gears! LOL. Im pumped! I'll post pics soon!

Grant211
10-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Mopar performance front and rear D44 axles with lockers and another big box with Superior 5:13 gears! LOL. Im pumped! I'll post pics soon!

2 words

You Suck!

:)

HITMONEY
10-16-2008, 01:21 PM

Coming up in the world!!

Building yourself a Rubi! :smokin:

I better get moving... all you cats are gaining ground!!!

:)

Post Pics ASAP!

Did you get the wiring harness needed for lockers as well??

Jester
10-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Can't wait to see it Jeff!:bounce:

rooster
10-16-2008, 01:42 PM
I didnt get the harness yet, Im ordering it today. I should have just spent the damn money and bought a Rubi to start with!! Ive practically built one now since the only thing different are painted fenders and electric sway bar disconnect. Well and I guess the NP241 4:1 rock gear. Guess I'll be getting that next.

I did order the 6" springs like you and Dave have with your kits. With my 1" BL that should put me in your ballpark. Guess I'll keep the mid arm Full Traction lift for now. Im going to need to save and buy driveshafts!

HITMONEY
10-16-2008, 01:54 PM
I didnt get the harness yet, Im ordering it today. I should have just spent the damn money and bought a Rubi to start with!! Ive practically built one now since the only thing different are painted fenders and electric sway bar disconnect. Well and I guess the NP241 4:1 rock gear. Guess I'll be getting that next.

I did order the 6" springs like you and Dave have with your kits. With my 1" BL that should put me in your ballpark. Guess I'll keep the mid arm Full Traction lift for now. Im going to need to save and buy driveshafts!

Should have gone Rock Jock 60's.... but thats just me. :devil:

:beer:

I am going Coil overs next I think, so if I do that my FOX shock's and springs will be up for grabs. ;) We'll see.

Grant211
10-16-2008, 01:59 PM
i'm happy with my BUDGET BOOST - if anybody cares:laughing:

HITMONEY
10-16-2008, 02:21 PM
i'm happy with my BUDGET BOOST - if anybody cares:laughing:

Grant, you may not have the biggest rig in town... but it sure is the cleanest!!!
;)

Hell, you probably have a higher resell value than any of us!! :bawling:

karnuvore
10-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Nice Rooster. I dropped your brake lines in the mail today. Should be there in a day or two. Keep us posted on how your install goes - I'll be doing about the same thing at some point.

Edit: there will be no resell ...nope. Im riding this thing into the ground or it'll be my son's first vehicle one day.

Moose512
10-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Edit: there will be no resell ...nope. Im riding this thing into the ground or it'll be my son's first vehicle one day.[/QUOTE

That's the spirit. I already told my 4 year old that he is getting my Jeep when he can drive and now he tells everyone that it is his Jeep!

Jeeps, watches and guns. Just taking care of them for the next generation!

HITMONEY
10-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Edit: there will be no resell ...nope. Im riding this thing into the ground or it'll be my son's first vehicle one day.[/QUOTE

That's the spirit. I already told my 4 year old that he is getting my Jeep when he can drive and now he tells everyone that it is his Jeep!

Jeeps, watches and guns. Just taking care of them for the next generation!

Hey.. I tried to call you.. whats the word on my shat!

Crazy X
10-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Well I guess Grant and I are being left behind.Maybe we should start a Low Rider Forum :D
Heres another Idea,maybe Dave should donate his 5 Inch Lift to my Wild Life Center,Its a right off :) That way when we have to go do a rescue I have more ground clearance. J/k Dave I'm still trying to find a way to get that Lift of your Hands:thefinger:

Grant211
10-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Grant, you may not have the biggest rig in town... but it sure is the cleanest!!!
;)

Hell, you probably have a higher resell value than any of us!! :bawling:

That's what i like to hear!!!! Higher resale value!!! Can't wait for the new camaro's to come out;) If i get a high enough resale, i'll get that scooter to:thefinger:

Well I guess Grant and I are being left behind.Maybe we should start a Low Rider Forum :D
Heres another Idea,maybe Dave should donate his 5 Inch Lift to my Wild Life Center,Its a right off :) That way when we have to go do a rescue I have more ground clearance. J/k Dave I'm still trying to find a way to get that Lift of your Hands:thefinger:
Lowrider - I LOVE IT! :grinpimp:

rooster
10-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Should have gone Rock Jock 60's.... but thats just me. :devil:

:beer:

I am going Coil overs next I think, so if I do that my FOX shock's and springs will be up for grabs. ;) We'll see.

Yes I know. I wanted 60's but considering these Mopar axles are a little over 3 grand and I got them out the door new in a crate for 2 I think I stepped in $hit and come out smelling like a rose. You have to admit 2 grand for new sticks are a pretty dang good deal. If I break'em I'll go 60's. Or if my wife finally leaves me! lol. Until then Im happy I atleast got these 44's. My ultimate goal is to build one similar to the Off Road Evolution Jeep. I may go Rock Krawler though instead of EVO's set up. I want coilovers though. Babysteps...

rooster
10-16-2008, 06:19 PM
That's what i like to hear!!!! Higher resale value!!! Can't wait for the new camaro's to come out;) If i get a high enough resale, i'll get that scooter to:thefinger:

Lowrider - I LOVE IT! :grinpimp:

Your such a pimp :grinpimp: Hey I did want to mention that since bike week is today, tomorrow, Sat and Sun there really is no excuse for you not to come to Jeeptoberfest which is the following weekend...

rooster
10-16-2008, 06:24 PM
I bought some Procomp MT Mudders and another set of Procomp wheels too. Im taking off my current set of wheels/tires for River Rock so I dont damage them. Im not sure if Im going to keep them though cause I really want some 15" KM2's and cragar soft 8's for krawling. I couldnt pass it up though, too good of a deal. Yes Im broke now...Do they have a broke smiley?

Grant211
10-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Your such a pimp :grinpimp: Hey I did want to mention that since bike week is today, tomorrow, Sat and Sun there really is no excuse for you not to come to Jeeptoberfest which is the following weekend...

lol. I'd go, but i have a party to go to on 10/25.

I bought some Procomp MT Mudders and another set of Procomp wheels too. Im taking off my current set of wheels/tires for River Rock so I dont damage them. Im not sure if Im going to keep them though cause I really want some 15" KM2's and cragar soft 8's for krawling. I couldnt pass it up though, too good of a deal. Yes Im broke now...Do they have a broke smiley?

You broke? LOL!!! Yeah right, you will find a way to buy something for your jeep by November 1

rooster
10-16-2008, 06:53 PM
You broke? LOL!!! Yeah right, you will find a way to buy something for your jeep by November 1

what front and rear axles, gears, bigger springs and tires/wheels arent enough for 1 month?? Actually I did sell my hard top. 1250, deliver it in a couple weeks so I guess you can add the trek top to the list. Then Im done...I swear atleast until the first of the year!

SDMF
10-16-2008, 06:59 PM
what front and rear axles, gears, bigger springs and tires/wheels arent enough for 1 month?? Actually I did sell my hard top. 1250, deliver it in a couple weeks so I guess you can add the trek top to the list. Then Im done...I swear atleast until the first of the year!

It's a sickness bro, and we all have it! :shaking::shaking:

Grant211
10-16-2008, 07:02 PM

damn:bawling: I'm so jealous:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawlin g::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

karnuvore
10-16-2008, 07:04 PM
J/k Dave I'm still trying to find a way to get that Lift of your Hands:thefinger:

I know 400 ways you can get it off my hands ;).

karnuvore
10-16-2008, 07:07 PM
I couldnt pass it up though, too good of a deal. Yes Im broke now...Do they have a broke smiley?

I hear ya. That's how I wound up w/ my new lift kit. An offer comes by that you cant refuse and suddenly POOF....youre broke.

Riding high though ;).

rooster
10-16-2008, 07:09 PM
I know 400 ways you can get it off my hands ;).

Jose its a good deal! You saw what his Jeep looked like before. I looked good. Come on BRO bring that Silver JK on up to the table! We got to represent!

rooster
10-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Riding high though ;).

and looking damn good!

HITMONEY
10-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Rooster.. when are you going to River Rock??

I am suppose to leave tomorrow, but Moose512 ran into a couple snags installing my armor which may keep me home. :bawling:

I could bring my 2 door up, but it is stock with just wheels and 32" pro comp MT's

rooster
10-17-2008, 02:00 AM
Rooster.. when are you going to River Rock??

I am suppose to leave tomorrow, but Moose512 ran into a couple snags installing my armor which may keep me home. :bawling:

I could bring my 2 door up, but it is stock with just wheels and 32" pro comp MT's

We're going the weekend before Thanksgiving. Its a deal thru Mid Florida Jeep Club and Wilsons 4x4. Its an annual event.

HITMONEY
10-17-2008, 11:42 AM
We're going the weekend before Thanksgiving. Its a deal thru Mid Florida Jeep Club and Wilsons 4x4. Its an annual event.

I might have to go with you guys.. I am not going to make it this weekend...

Rig isn't done. :bawling:

FL JEEPN
10-17-2008, 03:36 PM

You should sell me thoughs toyos!!!! :bounce:

rooster
10-17-2008, 09:04 PM

I havent decided what to do yet. I only bought the ProComps to take to River Rock and local trails so I didnt beat up the Toyo's and Procomps Ive already got. My issue is the new Procomps are 17's and my Toyo's are 18's. I love the rims (Procomps) Ive got right now. The new procomps I bought not as much. If I sell your first on the list.

rooster
10-17-2008, 09:14 PM
and here they are... :thefinger:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z148/rooster5333/Jeep/axles1.jpg

BLAKJAK
10-18-2008, 06:04 AM
Sweeeeet!

Now I want some too.:thefinger:

karnuvore
10-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Very nice. You have myshipping address. Just fwd them on to me. Charitable donation. You can write it off on your taxes.

Speaking of which. We were discussing last night at our Jeep club meeting about joining the Polk County Emergency Response volunteer unit w/ our jeeps. Someone mentioned that we could write off mods on our jeeps. "I needed a winch in case I had to get way out in the woods."

Im wondering.....Gonna talk to my accountant about it.

rooster
10-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Very nice. You have myshipping address. Just fwd them on to me. Charitable donation. You can write it off on your taxes.

Speaking of which. We were discussing last night at our Jeep club meeting about joining the Polk County Emergency Response volunteer unit w/ our jeeps. Someone mentioned that we could write off mods on our jeeps. "I needed a winch in case I had to get way out in the woods."

Im wondering.....Gonna talk to my accountant about it.

Seems legit. I would think that you could write off equipment used in the benifit of others.

Grant211
10-23-2008, 05:40 AM
well..... are they on yet?

rooster
10-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Uh close... Forgot to get a pic of the new Riddler covers. I'll add them tomorrow.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z148/rooster5333/Jeep/IMG_1789.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z148/rooster5333/Jeep/IMG_1794.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z148/rooster5333/Jeep/IMG_1795.jpg

Grant211
10-24-2008, 05:29 AM
holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at all that armor all on your tires:thefinger: Just kidding man... When are you going to take me "mudding", so i can feel what a realy 4x4 feels like?:laughing:

Crazy X
10-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Looks like alot of work but it will be well worth it,Good Job :beer:

rooster
10-24-2008, 08:15 PM
AND ITS DONE!!! First off let me just cut right to it. The Riddler covers are the ****! NO BS. I primed them and then painted them semi gloss black. Then I sanded the raised portion of the Riddler logo then shot the whole thing with clear. I also upgraded the bolts to stainless so they wouldnt rust.

It was alot of work but the D44's front and rear are in. I had to go back with the springs I already had because the others didnt come in. Im also waiting on the Rubicon wiring harness. So affectively the rubi axles with lockers and 5:13 gears are in but I wont be able to use the lockers until the wiring harness comes in. They should work as limited slips though.

First impression of the gears...Seems like more pep but Im not sure I notice that much difference. I know going from a 4:10 to 5:13 with 35's should make things better but not like I expected. At least not yet. I'll know more after driving this weekend.

Special thanks to my friends Greg Rice (Milgre) and Mike Cambron and their wives for letting us ge this done before Jeepoberfest!!!

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z148/rooster5333/Jeep/IMG_1798.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z148/rooster5333/Jeep/IMG_1797.jpg

FL JEEPN
10-24-2008, 08:21 PM
D@MN nice man....:bounce:

Grant211
10-25-2008, 06:05 AM
Holy crap Jeff.

That is very nice! I like!!!!

rooster
10-25-2008, 08:05 PM

Make me an offer.... I think I may do it.:D

karnuvore
10-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Bada$$ Jeff. Simply Bada$$.

TxVet82
10-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Lookin' good man

milgre
10-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Jeff - you are welcome - my lift kit will be coming soon and expect payback!

rooster
10-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Jeff - you are welcome - my lift kit will be coming soon and expect payback!

You got it! You know I'll be there...