Colo Vista area/ Bastrop Texas [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Colo Vista area/ Bastrop Texas

StubEXrube
10-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Some pictures for those that still like the "Jeep & outdoor" aspect of this forum. :shaking: Nothing hardcore here, but still a nice drive through the east Texas pines. :)

StubEXrube
10-15-2008, 12:13 PM
:):):)

kerryp
10-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Cool, thanks for posting them. They look good. It was a good time.

WTF_LOL
10-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Those are nice pics! Looks like a pleasent drive :beer: :beer:

bodyguy
10-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the invite:bawling:

StubEXrube
10-15-2008, 04:48 PM

Thought about it and figured that you would fall asleep and wheel into a power line. :D

For real though (if Kerry doesn't mind), I would like to cut open the stream bed that's back there. Not sure if you remember where that is, but it would be a great trail off the beaten path. It wouldn't take much work to remove some of the dead growth and scrub along that creek and make some excellent little climbs and descents in and out of it. I could probably bring it back out onto the main trail down a ways from where the creek goes into the woods.

BTW- My excellent spotting skills almost got Kerry's jeep flipped on it's side...twice. Totally fun.

bodyguy
10-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Thought about it and figured that you would fall asleep and wheel into a power line. :D

For real though (if Kerry doesn't mind), I would like to cut open the stream bed that's back there. Not sure if you remember where that is, but it would be a great trail off the beaten path. It wouldn't take much work to remove some of the dead growth and scrub along that creek and make some excellent little climbs and descents in and out of it. I could probably bring it back out onto the main trail down a ways from where the creek goes into the woods.

BTW- My excellent spotting skills almost got Kerry's jeep flipped on it's side...twice. Totally fun.

Thats the one Kerry and I walked, it should be decent. I wish I knew who owned the land so I could ask for full access. I dont mind colo or tahitian I have been going out there for the last 8 or 9 years.

PhilD
10-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Nice pics :smokin:

Amazing all the different types of terrain there in Texas.

kerryp
10-15-2008, 06:06 PM

It was on Monday and I figured you were at work....my foofy job gives me wierd holidays like Columbus day....:innocent:

bodyguy
10-15-2008, 08:08 PM
It was on Monday and I figured you were at work....my foofy job gives me wierd holidays like Columbus day....:innocent:

I just wanted to give yall a hard time

kerryp
10-16-2008, 05:50 AM
I know, I was just giving it back, I bet it would be fun today after all that rain..

bodyguy
10-16-2008, 03:32 PM
I know, I was just giving it back, I bet it would be fun today after all that rain..

It would definitely make the big hill climb off the highway a bit more interesting.