Plant City Show N Shine - Charity Event [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Plant City Show N Shine - Charity Event

karnuvore
10-15-2008, 12:41 PM
From the FJOA website:

Lakeland Jeep Club will be hosting, in conjunction with Ferman Jeep (502 E. Park Blvd. Plant City) a Show N Shine on November 22, 2008 from 10-3. There will be food, rock climbing wall, moon walk, cotton candy, toys for the kids, live music, raffles, trophies and CASH prizes awarded in various catagories.
BEST CLUB PARTICIPATION, FURTHEST DISTANCE TRAVELED along with the standard, BEST IN SHOW Jeep etc trophies will be awarded and we'll be splitting up $1000 cash along with the trophy catagories! Only $10 entry fee the day of the show. We are donating money from the show to Christmas Angels who provide gifts to children in foster care at Christmas time. This is a JEEP only show. Hope to see you there!

I think I'll go to this. Sounds fun. I might sling mud all over my Jeep then show up. Anyone wanna go? Mikey, this is right down the road from you.

Grant211
10-15-2008, 12:50 PM
I think this is the link you posted in the florida social group...

Pencil me in for this one.

karnuvore
10-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Yeah Im gonna go. Should be fun.

Crazy X
10-15-2008, 03:28 PM
I will see the closer it gets

Jester
10-15-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm in and will be planning one of these in the near future for our club.

mikeyfl
10-15-2008, 08:14 PM
ill be in new jersey that weekend.

i was at the last one... good times.

karnuvore
10-15-2008, 10:01 PM
ill be in new jersey that weekend.

i was at the last one... good times.

This message brought to you by Mikey Excuse #2887.34.

hehehehe

StubEXrube
10-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Dave- Although I live in Texas, I hope that you have a good turn-out for your event. Only $10 plus prizes...And the real reason for people to attend- It benefits a GREAT CAUSE. I donate to many children's and law enforcement charities and it always feels great to support those in need. Good luck with getting everyone out there. Sounds like a lot of fun.

karnuvore
10-15-2008, 11:09 PM
My jeep club president (jake aka jester) adopted 2 kids of his own and my brother adopted 2 as well. This cause means something to me. Thanks for the reply. I hope my florida jeepers show up en masse.

It's a good cause.

rooster
10-16-2008, 07:36 AM
I went last year. Not bad for a show n shine at a car dealer. A little on the small side but it was fun. I would go again this year but I'll be tearing $hit up at River Rock that weekend!

karnuvore
11-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Hey guys...

I got a PM on FJOA from the president of the Lakeland Jeep club wanting to know how many people are coming to this event. She informed me they added a "Best JK" category. Jeff, you might get another trophy.

Anyways, here is the list so far: Myself, Jake, Grant (penciled in), Jose (maybe) and...well that's it. So 2, maybe 4. LOL. Come on.

Bill? Clark? You guys interested? This one is for Charity.

bfj aka tambil
11-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Sure I will. Just so long as I remember that far in advance. LOL...
hopefully see you there.

Clark
11-04-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm supposed to be in Vegas that weekend. If something changes, I'll be there.
Thanks for the PM Dave

Jester
11-04-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm supposed to be in Vegas that weekend. If something changes, I'll be there.
Thanks for the PM Dave

How about I go to Vegas and you go to the Show & Shine?:smokin:

rooster
11-05-2008, 04:02 AM
Jeff, you might get another trophy.

Karn if I wasnt going to be at River Rock I would be there for sure. Not for trophies but just to hang with you guys. Everything Ive bought in the last few weeks was just for this trip and I cant miss it. Man I wish I could go though...

karnuvore
11-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Note: We are currently planning to go to ocala after the show n shine. Show n shine is from like 10-2 or something. Then we drive to Ocala and camp @ Big Scrub. The next day, either a "secret wheeling spot" or Hard rock (or both?). Night ride @ big scrub if anyone is up to it.

There you go.

karnuvore
11-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Reminder...this is tomorrow.

Grant211
11-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Reminder...this is tomorrow.

can't go... something else came up.

Going to Magic Game... thats basketball Dave... LOL!!!

Got courtside seats... gotta love it!

karnuvore
11-21-2008, 03:39 PM
What time is tip off (isnt that what they call it in your "sport")?

Grant211
11-21-2008, 03:56 PM
What time is tip off (isnt that what they call it in your "sport")?

its after the show n' shine,so you can watch for me on tv. It's at 7pm

Jester
11-21-2008, 08:40 PM
We'll be getting drunk around a camp fire in Ocala around 7pm. Have fun at the game we'll drink some for you at a much cheaper price.:beer:

Grant211
11-23-2008, 07:31 AM
got pics of the show n' shine??

Jester
11-24-2008, 07:48 AM
I know Dave took some pics and has a story about the best JK trophy but I'll let him tell the story. What a great turn out though. Props to the Lakeland Jeep Club they did a great job organizing that event.:beer:

karnuvore
11-24-2008, 08:06 AM
I know Dave took some pics and has a story about the best JK trophy but I'll let him tell the story. What a great turn out though. Props to the Lakeland Jeep Club they did a great job organizing that event.:beer:

My pictures are horrible. I think I had my camera set wrong. I'll post up a few.

My story lol, how could I forget.

So by the time Jake and I got to the show n shine, it had been going on for 3 hours. There was only 2 hours to go in the event.

Everyone who registered got to vote for the best in class. They had best CJ, TJ, YJ, JK and a few other categories. Naturally I entered mine in best JK. Well, the second we pull up some guy comes up and finds me and is like "Oh man, when I saw you pull up I was like 'no way, now I'm gonna lose.'" So I ask him which is his JK and he shows me. It's a lifted JK on a 6" lift (forget which kind) and 35" tires - same wheels as me. But that's the extent of his mods. He even tore off his front plastic bumper and still had the soup cans sticking out. BUT, the worst part - he literally bragged to me that it was 2wd and was so much faster (and better?) than all the other JKs. Thats right, 2wd.

So by the time the judging started and I had seen the competition - I knew I had this in the bag. I didnt give a hoot about the trophy or honor. The prize was $100! To make a tragic story shorter, Mr. Got there early and had no competition won. Everyone had pretty much already voted by the time I got there.

But you know what - he was gonna drive his Rig home and park it in his driveway that evening. I was sitting around a campfire drinking beers and wheeling the hell out of mine the next day.

Next year, that $100 is mine (no one invite Rooster, Billy, or Hitmoney) lol.

Here is my rig:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u68/98bluetj/LakelandJeepClubShow08099.jpg

Jakes:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u68/98bluetj/LakelandJeepClubShow08100.jpg

Check out the "best antique" winner:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u68/98bluetj/LakelandJeepClubShow08085.jpg

The suncoast flatlanders represented well I thought:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u68/98bluetj/LakelandJeepClubShow08102.jpg

I got these pics from bluetj98's (guy on our club forum) photobucket and thought he might have a pic of the 2wd warrior, but he didnt even bother. Had 2 pics of mine though lol.

rooster
11-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Thats awesome. I would have voted for you Dave! :grinpimp:

karnuvore
11-24-2008, 08:32 AM
Thats awesome. I would have voted for you Dave! :grinpimp:

Yeah and I would have voted for you. lol

Let's make a deal - next year, we'll vote for each other and split the pot no matter who wins lol.