save a trail [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: save a trail

jkruby
10-12-2010, 12:38 PM
if everyone could take 1 minute and please respond to the petition i have posted below.

here is the reasons from the kentucky krawler website

Supposedly to "improve the watershed"
from the kentucky crawlers site:

* Sandlick Hollow is where the remainder of the wheeling on public land is open as listed in the Motor Vehicle Use Map as fire road 212, 212A, and 2043 (Need to double check the #'s)

* "improving" a watershed usually means closing it to only foot travel after they perform an environmental assessment, propose an action, open a comment period, then take the action. (This is what they did to close the Arch Trail without any public comments!)

* It is a pretty slick way of going through the backdoor of the USFS process to close an area without representing the publics interest and I know it.

I knew all this was going on but was under the impression that the project lacked funding because I spoke with Ranger Jeff Lewis multiple times on this topic. Needless to say, they did get funding and moved on with the project without updating the "proposed actions" PDF I linked above... I am furious

please repost this in your local club websites, facebook, and have your family and friends fill it out please. also please make positive comments as to why they system should stay open for our use. thanks again

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sandlick/

.:eMETAL:.
10-12-2010, 12:58 PM
posted it on 4x4trailtalk :beer:

.:eMETAL:.
10-13-2010, 06:17 AM
burn spammer! :laughing:

jkruby
10-13-2010, 02:18 PM
thanks for the repost, apparently we've had a big impact on the petition no spamming here, just a lurker

gold knight
10-13-2010, 02:39 PM
done. thanks for the copy post Erick, I missed it here.
thanks for the repost, apparently we've had a big impact on the petition no spamming here, just a lurkernot you, the spammer probably got deleted lol:beer:

jkruby
10-15-2010, 02:44 PM
done. thanks for the copy post Erick, I missed it here.
not you, the spammer probably got deleted lol:beer:

ahh ok, i didn't want anyone to think i was and not respond to the post!

thanks for the help :beer:

jkruby
04-23-2011, 04:07 AM
The clean up date posted on trail keepers and forwarded from the trail keepers website was originally wrong. The correct date is the 14th

TheBeatenPath
04-23-2011, 11:17 AM
done!