Carnegie carnage! [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Carnegie carnage!

Eugene
10-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Aargh! After doing all manner of difficult trails I busted my evap cannister on the rock wall!:bawling: Had the CEL light come on (P0404, and P0440 for those who track this stuff) EVAP system issues. Look under my rig just now and I broke the corner off the cannister. Sat. after doing the rockwall I remember seeing some black powder on the ground, but I thought it was just rubber from spinning the tires. Looks like I have some repairs to do. Just some advice, move or protect the cannister.

CLACKEY(_!_)
10-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Aargh! After doing all manner of difficult trails I busted my evap cannister on the rock wall!:bawling: Had the CEL light come on (P0404, and P0440 for those who track this stuff) EVAP system issues. Look under my rig just now and I broke the corner off the cannister. Sat. after doing the rockwall I remember seeing some black powder on the ground, but I thought it was just rubber from spinning the tires. Looks like I have some repairs to do. Just some advice, move or protect the cannister.

Move it. I got mine from Woods. Love it!

SurfnSnow
10-05-2010, 01:26 PM
That sucks but at least you were close to civilization and not stuck out in the boonies. Since you have to replace it, you might as well move it. Getting a skid for the evap canister was the first mod on my wife's rig.

09rubicon
10-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Poison spyder has a kick ass skid, its a bitch to install but once its there its good. I can actually jack the jeep up on the skid!

rubirobv
10-05-2010, 02:41 PM

See, the rock climb is tougher than it looks. Tell us how you fix it, McGiver. Rubber cement and bungie cords maybe? How about duct tape? That stuff fixes everything.

Eugene
10-05-2010, 04:30 PM
I'll probably stuff it full of Kingsford charcoal briquettes and seal it with silicon. I'll let you know if it works.

BenDrinken
10-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Bench Mark Design has a nice one also. Thats the one i'm getting as soon as I have a little extra cash.

09rubicon
10-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Bench Mark Design has a nice one also. Thats the one i'm getting as soon as I have a little extra cash.

They do. I just installed my rockcrawler oil pan tonight!!:bounce:

cruzcode
10-05-2010, 09:31 PM
RIVER RAIDER OFF-ROAD.

http://riverraider.biz/ (http://riverraider.biz/)

RC

paramaniac
10-05-2010, 10:28 PM

^^^^ do this ^^^^

nootherride
10-07-2010, 12:23 AM
I'll probably stuff it full of Kingsford charcoal briquettes and seal it with silicon. I'll let you know if it works.

just not the matchlite:D

UGET IT
10-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Did the PSC today and it friggin solid..................

jsherm01
10-21-2010, 09:08 AM
JB Weld works... sounds like you'll need extra though...

MtnBiker4158
11-03-2010, 10:03 PM

Woods is King! Just got mine. Installed it fast. Perfect fit. I agree, move it. No sense having a skid plate hang that low. :glasses:

talljeep
11-04-2010, 05:14 AM
I was thinking in moving it but you never know if you are going to be going over lugs or rocks that might hit the canister so I went with PSC skid, it took me about 30 minutes to install it and I had no problems with it. I think it's $100 well spended.

Gus

JeepingGreen
11-04-2010, 07:14 AM

Just installed the Rock Hard Evap Can. skid plate and the Oil Pan/Engine/Cat. skid plates.. :D