Hey from Xtreme 4x4 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Hey from Xtreme 4x4

Ian from Xtreme
10-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Hey Guys,

Wanted to drop in and say hey from Xtreme 4x4. We did one JK last season, and was wondering what you guys thought of it.

Monty
10-16-2007, 06:15 PM
no $hit. Ian from xtreme. cool you're here. i liked the jk from last season b/c you built it up in different stages. the best part is that you guys wheeled it too. i'll gladly donate mine for you to build another one. :D keep up the good work.
:beer:

MichaelW
10-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Way Cool!

Welcome to the forum.

paragon
10-16-2007, 07:27 PM
It was pretty cool. Liked the new Atlas. Any plans on doing more to it?

RedRockJK
10-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Awesome! Welcome to the board. I definitely enjoyed watching the show. :smokin: I'd like to see you guys build a more XTreme JK as in D60's and 40" tires, tube fenders, etc. Keep up the nice work on the series.

JR
10-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Awesome! Welcome to the board. I definitely enjoyed watching the show. :smokin: I'd like to see you guys build a more XTreme JK as in D60's and 40" tires, tube fenders, etc. Keep up the nice work on the series.

Did you break that one too? haha just teasin :devil:

extrication
10-16-2007, 08:07 PM
The show was great. I offer up my 2dr Rubicon for the next show. And my first born as a helper. And your choice of beer. When do we start?

BlkRuby
10-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Uh, that's freaking sweet your on here:cool: I have those episodes on my iPod and watch them all the time. I would like to see some more stuff on how to do the home built mods, more extensive coverage i guess on how to's. The show is great though!

I do wish Jess was here instead though. :smokin::laughing2:

a plumber
10-16-2007, 10:04 PM
nice to see you over here,don't let those pirate guys give you any crap for being here. how is jesse?:bounce::bounce:

thanks!

Gib
10-17-2007, 04:33 AM
I actually purchased that episode from iTunes so I could watch it out here. Right on!

MossMan
10-17-2007, 08:03 AM
I do wish Jess was here instead though. :smokin::laughing2:

Yea, where's the good lookin' host. :thefinger:

PIG
10-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Welcome :beer:

I'd like to see you guys build a more XTreme JK as in D60's and 40" tires, tube fenders, etc. Keep up the nice work on the series.

X2.......

Lance
10-17-2007, 12:12 PM

X2.......

X3!!!!

Welcome, Ian. ;)

Ian from Xtreme
10-17-2007, 09:02 PM

X2.......

Pig,

Good to see you on here man, your stuff looked great at the Expo good luck with it.

Thanks for the welcome guys,

usgaone
10-18-2007, 04:37 AM
Yeah yeah yeah, wlecome Ian!

But more improtantly, where's Jessie?

Great show, and nice build up on the Jk last season. One thing I think you need to do more of is cost break downs so people can know what they are getting into.

As for the "Extreme" Jk, nice build, not my cup of tea, but I know some people defintely liked the stage 2!

nam6869usmc
10-18-2007, 06:45 AM
Ian, 'Welcome",,,awesome show, watch it all the time, & great JK build. Where's the better looking half.

BigO
10-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Hey Ian, good to see you here! I try to watch the show whenever I can, but you're on in the early afternoon on the weekends and I have a difficult time sitting in front of a TV when the weather is nice.

Welcome! :beer:

PIG
10-18-2007, 07:43 AM
Pig,

Good to see you on here man, your stuff looked great at the Expo good luck with it.

Thanks for the welcome guys,

Thanks for coming by to check it out and the compliment man. We are working hard to have the nicest stuff available. Let us know if you need anything dude. :beer::beer::beer:

dayton1999
10-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Hey Guys,

Wanted to drop in and say hey from Xtreme 4x4. We did one JK last season, and was wondering what you guys thought of it.

Ian,

Great to have you on here. Love the show and looking forward to the new season. What should we expect this year? What's on tap?

Ian from Xtreme
10-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Ian,

Great to have you on here. Love the show and looking forward to the new season. What should we expect this year? What's on tap?

Here is a sneak peek at a couple in the shop right now.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/ijohnson_photos/DSC_0602.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/ijohnson_photos/CORRengine2.jpg

Plus a BB mud racing pickup, the zuk will get finished, and a couple of Jeeps.

Foo
10-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Awesome!

I have the JK ones DVRed taking up space! Me and my 5 year old watch them all the time!

So far I only have a 25BB Tera, but this is my lifer Jeep.

Here's my Kid, Alexei on our maiden trip from Hot Springs, AR to our home in Phoenix, AZ. This is at a TX rest area:

http://members.cox.net/mytitan/TXRestArea.jpg

Your show Rocks!

Roxy
10-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Welcome Ian! Glad to have you over here as well! :roxy:

usgaone
10-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Ian, I have a question for you....Where do the project ideas coem from? and the funding? Say I want to do teh Hemi swap in my JK. I'm willing to pay for the parts and labor, but at the same time think it would be interesting for you to base a show on it. Are all teh ideas based in house? and then you go after vendors? Just curious, would love to learn a bit more about it. Thanks.

Ian from Xtreme
10-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Ian, I have a question for you....Where do the project ideas coem from? and the funding? Say I want to do teh Hemi swap in my JK. I'm willing to pay for the parts and labor, but at the same time think it would be interesting for you to base a show on it. Are all teh ideas based in house? and then you go after vendors? Just curious, would love to learn a bit more about it. Thanks.

The project ideas come right out of my head. We have a long standing relationship with alot of the heavy hitters in the off road world so product comes from them and often new and upcoming companies contact us.

I think what you are asking is who owns the trucks and can we work on yours. The answer is sorry but no, the vehicles are either owned by our production company, or by the companies taking part in the builds.

Good luck with the Hemi install though, keep watching you will see something similar this season.

usgaone
10-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Uhmm...yep, exactly what I was asking! I have to admit, Love the show, and haven't missed an episode. How's Jessie's back doing? How did she hurt it?

hmm....Ideas out of Ian's head......What else is on the Horizon? What about a "Win a day at Extreme"...a Lucky viewer gets to spend a day in around the shop learning some stuff?

How about a profile of a company such as AEV? I'd be interested in seeing their operation, also Dan over at Burnsville Offroad? Of course Poison Spyder? Might as well through in Shaffer Offroad.......

paragon
10-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Uhmm...yep, exactly what I was asking! I have to admit, Love the show, and haven't missed an episode. How's Jessie's back doing? How did she hurt it?

hmm....Ideas out of Ian's head......What else is on the Horizon? What about a "Win a day at Extreme"...a Lucky viewer gets to spend a day in around the shop learning some stuff?

How about a profile of a company such as AEV? I'd be interested in seeing their operation, also Dan over at Burnsville Offroad? Of course Poison Spyder? Might as well through in Shaffer Offroad.......

I'll profile an AEV V-8 swap in just a few short months here ;) ..... that is if Chrysler will ever get off ..... errr... umm.... I mean if my JK will ever get built and make it to AEV for it to happen.

Gib
10-20-2007, 12:09 AM
I'll profile an AEV V-8 swap in just a few short months here ;) ..... that is if Chrysler will ever get off ..... errr... umm.... I mean if my JK will ever get built and make it to AEV for it to happen.
You could have just had Cop4x4 do it for you, and it would be done already.

:thefinger:
lol

paragon
10-20-2007, 07:36 AM
You could have just had Cop4x4 do it for you, and it would be done already.

:thefinger:
lol

inherent problems with going that route that I will choose not to get into at this juncture ...... besides, I need something for more than looking pretty at the mall.:devil:

jdemonto
10-25-2007, 01:37 PM
I like your show, it rocks!!!! You have the only 4x4 show worth watching on tv.......

Whats up Paragon

X2 on Cop4x4:stirthepot:

Jason

Da Kine
10-25-2007, 02:28 PM
In you show is the best. You are so lucky to have a job thaqt not only allows you to get paid, but you get to do what you love at the same time. Where do I apply?:grinpimp:

Lance
10-25-2007, 02:59 PM
You are so lucky to have a job thaqt not only allows you to get paid, but you get to do what you love at the same time.

I got one of those jobs too! :D

Mikey's Rubi
10-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Awesome show...I especially like the Zuki build you guys are doing. Thankfully I have a DVR as I would otherwise never see your show because I am always working on my Jeep!

Tell Jesse "hi" for Me Ian and if she is back in SD tell her to wave south to Nebraska. That or she can stop by and see me in Omaha...her or Courtney...or both for that matter. :bounce:

Oh...and tell the guys from Trucks if they ever put All Terrains on a Rubicon again and call it a good thing for off road that I will never watch them again!

nam6869usmc
10-26-2007, 07:05 PM

hmm....Ideas out of Ian's head......What else is on the Horizon? What about a "Win a day at Extreme (with Jessie)...a Lucky viewer gets to spend a day in around the shop learning some stuff?

Great idea "usgaone"....Well "Ian", win a day with you at Extreme.
and on a side note...you guy's looked like you one H@ll of a great time at Rausch Creek...

Ruskin
10-30-2007, 05:49 AM
Ian, Great show. I watched the JK build several times. It would be great to see the show take the JK to another level this season.

Also, I heard that atlas install wasn't as easy as you made it look. Guess when you're good (and have a show) it all looks easy.

4WheelinWithPride
10-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Hey Ian! Awesome show you got going there :) ! I like watching all of them shows on Power Block too! Are they all from the same producers? Anyway, hope to see more episodes on the JK! Hears an idea:

Put a cummins in there!:smokin:

C-rog
11-15-2007, 07:06 PM
It looked like a lady bug, and stop doing stuff to foreign trucks. The last thing this country needs is people trying to make toyota's look cool and compete with Jeep.

Lensman
11-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi Ian

Welcome love the show. Record it evey week.

Thank you for the entertaiment!:grinpimp:

Grant211
11-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey Guys,

Hey Ian,

That was one sweet set up on that JK from last season. If you ever need another JK, I'd be happy to take my JK to ya to modify.

Ohh BTW - Tell Jessi I think she is a hotty. :laughing:

Camp Crocker
07-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Hi Jason, is this before or after all those jeeps

Jason
07-15-2008, 07:34 AM
Very cool that you're on this site Ian...welcome.

What are the chances of doing a little promotion for the Wheelers for the Wounded program?

www.wheelersforthewounded.org
jason@wheelersforthewounded.org

Here's the flag vehicle for the program...
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i51/jasonsgu/IMG_1066.jpg

That picture is of the Jeep about 1/2 way completed. D60's front & rear, 40" BFG KM2's, and a 5.7L V8 Hemi round it out quite nicely.

seal20
07-16-2008, 02:06 AM
Hi Jason, is this before or after all those jeeps

Looks like COP is is in the house!!!! You guys got some sick stuff....and you use the Highrock front bumpers a lot which is what I have and I like it!!!

07_Rubi
07-16-2008, 05:44 AM
Hey there Ian, welcome to the forum!
I'd like to see more JK stuff....of course. How about a 3.0L V6 Diesel swap (from the grand cherokee) into a JK? ...a 2.8 CRD would do too....

DILYSI Dave
07-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Ian - Welcome! Good to see you here. Saw you at the SEMA YEN banquet last year but didn't get a chance to make it by to shake your hand.

Love the show! I started watching it before I was even into 4x4's, just because you guys are one of the best fabrication shows on the air, regardless of discipline. I also know a bunch of my sports car buddies who never see themselves owning a 4x4, but still turn to your show for first class fab tips. Thanks!

Also - if you ever want / need any Rugged Ridge / Omix stuff, just drop me a line.

RotorHead
07-16-2008, 08:58 AM
I think it's great that Ian is here also and I love the show, but you guys do realize he hasn't posted on the forum since October, right?

07_Rubi
07-16-2008, 09:01 AM
I think it's great that Ian is here also and I love the show, but you guys do realize he hasn't posted on the forum since October, right?
actually..........I didn't... lol

DILYSI Dave
07-16-2008, 12:29 PM

Doh!

tgrt
07-16-2008, 02:02 PM

I thought the same thing. I checked his profile earlier and his last activity was in June, so he probably lurks about occasionally.

Grant211
05-31-2009, 07:58 PM
so Ian

when's the next JK going to be on the show??

HITMONEY
05-31-2009, 08:03 PM
so Ian

when's the next JK going to be on the show??

Best way to get ahold of Ian is through Pirate.. I PM'd him a question a couple of months ago and he got right back to me.

RODICON
05-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Hey, Ian love the show. I have a 08 Rubicon unlimited that im putting a 5.7 hemi in this winter.I have the engine and trans, Just need the funds to buy th AEV kit. Again thanks for a great show.

lohchief
06-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Welcome to JKO Ian.Nice build up so far on the 345 IH.Fuel injected too,way cool :beer::beer::beer:

TheMike
01-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Welcome Ian! Good to see you here.

I already did mine but what about a JK Hemi swap on the show. There is a crap load of interest and it's happening more than gets posted here you know? I bet it would generate loads of "purchased episodes" too.

Mike

a plumber
01-27-2010, 02:49 PM
This thread is 2 years old and he only has 4 posts on here, i think he forgot about us :D

gold knight
01-27-2010, 02:52 PM
This thread is 2 years old and he only has 4 posts on here, i think he forgot about us :Dlol and yet he still gets welcomed once every six months or so:grinpimp:

EDIT>See what I mean VVVVV

RamboSFJC
01-27-2010, 02:56 PM
welcome Ian :beer: :D

HITMONEY
01-27-2010, 03:58 PM
I think I have every episode on my DVR.

:grinpimp:

Moose512
01-27-2010, 04:04 PM
This thread is 2 years old and he only has 4 posts on here, i think he forgot about us :D

It's not his fault, he's Canadian!!:)

SFCCotton
01-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Welcome Ian. Way cool you are on here!
The wife wants to know why my DVR has so many Extreme 4x4 episodes on it! I tell her it is a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand! :thefinger:

TheBeatenPath
01-27-2010, 06:24 PM
lol i found this thread a little late:D

bsack
01-27-2010, 06:26 PM
4 posts in October 2007 and he is still being welcomed? Ians' an attention whore.

Ian from Xtreme
01-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Yes I am an attention whore....why do you think I am on TV....seriously I haven't had any JK "news" for you guys until just today.....

I have started pulling in some parts for a JK build that I will be starting after KOH.....I will give it a dedicated thread....but here are the basics...

New 4 door JK
Rubicrawler
Overkill Engineering axles
Supercharger
Mastercraft suspension seats
cage
newly designed coil over suspension kit
Allieds with Pitbulls

And a few other goodies alng the way......

Stay tuned.....

Ian

Grant211
01-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Yes I am an attention whore....why do you think I am on TV....seriously I haven't had any JK "news" for you guys until just today.....

I have started pulling in some parts for a JK build that I will be starting after KOH.....I will give it a dedicated thread....but here are the basics...

New 4 door JK
Rubicrawler
Supercharger
cage
Allieds with Pitbulls

Stay tuned.....

Ian

you whore you.... and ohh yeah... you suck... I'm jealous:laughing:

Get that thing ready and come on down to JeepBeach dude!

Born2run
01-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Ian thanks for doing the "JK" build. :beer:When will this be aired on Xtreme?

bsack
01-27-2010, 07:11 PM

New 4 door JK
Rubicrawler
Supercharger
cage
Allieds with Pitbulls

Stay tuned.....

Ian

Now that I've call you an attention whore it is gonna be a little weird between us when I watch you on tv. We'll have to try and not make awkward eye contact. Good stuff above though.

TheBeatenPath
01-27-2010, 07:14 PM
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

d'sjk
01-27-2010, 07:14 PM

New 4 door JK
Rubicrawler
Supercharger
cage
Allieds with Pitbulls

Stay tuned.....

Ian

Ooooo I can not wait to see the JK build as it sounds like some of the things I am interested in.....Rubicrawler, supercharger, Mastercraft seats, and the Rock Krawler coil-overs!

Oh welcome back to JKOwners! Make sure you stay dedicated to this forum! LOL

ALASHA
01-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Supercharger

Which supercharger kit are you going to use???

BeerMonkeY
01-27-2010, 07:29 PM
so all we have to do is start talking about him and theyll do more jk stuff?

riverzendz
01-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Hey what's up Ian. I'm Ian too. I'm glad you don't pronounce it like "i-n," "een," or "ann." You spell it right too. Good man.

Have a few episodes on the TiVO to watch. Keep up the good work man. :beer:

09rubicon
01-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Ian you are a tease! Why do you keep toying with my JK emotions???? Seriously though, you can feel free to hack up my 09 2dr Rubi if you do some cool stuff with it!!!!!

Ogie
01-27-2010, 07:41 PM

New 4 door JK
Rubicrawler
Supercharger
cage
Allieds with Pitbulls

Stay tuned.....

Ian

I wouldn't do that...you might bend the axles. :thefinger:

(inside joke - if you posted here more often, you'd get it)

gold knight
01-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Now that I've call you an attention whore it is gonna be a little weird between us when I watch you on tv. We'll have to try and not make awkward eye contact. Good stuff above though.lolerz, yeah I should have known something was about to happen when the Hitmonkey replied.

Welcome 1 1/2 years late Ian, we have cookies:vader1:

I wouldn't do that...you might bend the axles. :thefinger:

(inside joke - if you posted here more often, you'd get it)Perhaps he's that guest that Tim always stresses over...

CLACKEY(_!_)
01-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Ian I'd love to see a diesel conversion over a supercharger.

By the way Jesse has a way cuter ass than you do!:thefinger:

Just fucking with ya! Love the show and I look forward to the build.

Are you sure you don't want to use a slightly worn 2007 4door......silver........I know a guy that would let you use it........no charge.......:grinpimp:
http://my.project-jk.com/data/1270/medium/CLEGHORN_125SMALL.jpg

beagsjeep
01-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Welcome Ian..:).love the show keep up the great work!!!! one question what happen to jessie?:bawling:

bsack
01-27-2010, 08:08 PM
By the way Jesse has a way cuter ass than you do!:thefinger:

Just fucking with ya!

So........she doesn't have a cuter ass? Maybe Ian could incorporate a subtle booty shot in his next show to put this debate to rest once and for all. Just drop a wrench or something.:beer:

TheBeatenPath
01-27-2010, 08:29 PM
So........she doesn't have a cuter ass? Maybe Ian could incorporate a subtle booty shot in his next show to put this debate to rest once and for all. Just drop a wrench or something.:beer:

sounds like a good idea

ohh i saw her on a old overhauling when she was still in school it was in 03 or 04 too bad it wasnt on my tv i would of rewound it:D

HITMONEY
01-27-2010, 08:31 PM

New 4 door JK
Rubicrawler
Supercharger
cage
Allieds with Pitbulls

Stay tuned.....

Ian

:smokin:

.:eMETAL:.
01-27-2010, 08:55 PM
:smokin:
X2
:smokin: :smokin:

RotorHead
01-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Sounds like a cool build. x2 on going diesel. :beer:

ladyJK
01-28-2010, 07:23 AM
It is good to see that there is going to be another JK build! We watch the show every Saturday and keep them in the DVR so we can watch them during the week. I can't wait to see this build!!!

A show at EJS would be neat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RODICON
01-28-2010, 07:44 AM
Hey, Ian, Love the show, meet you at Offroad expo at Pamona. The Hemi is done in My Jeep About 4k miles ago. Easiest swap I ever did.

peenkfloeed
01-28-2010, 08:02 AM
I've bought the JK episodes off iTunes and have watched them probably 50 times. I'd love to see some things done to a JK that have NEVER been done before, something that is totally out of the norm to do. Not sure what it would be though :)

Would also love to see some simple things that we have write ups on, but have not actually seen in person unless we have bought it or one of our friends has it and has done it. Stuff like the flashpaq and sprint booster, etc... Heck, maybe even just tell more people about the M.O.R.E. dead pedal, nobody seems to know it exists, but I absolutely love mine.

Major Ho
01-28-2010, 08:35 AM

New 4 door JK
Rubicrawler
Supercharger
cage
Allieds with Pitbulls

Stay tuned.....

Ian

THAT'S a little more fitting of the show name and on par with some of your other builds.
IMO the JK build was pretty tame, not too far from what many owners already do to their rigs. Very entertaining just not "Extreme".

Thank you for swinging by the forum!:beer:

myklt8
01-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Sweet
and Welcome
I have the series TIVO'ed, love the builds

njjk08
01-28-2010, 01:03 PM
cool.. welcome aboard Ian.. Great episodes That JK build your talking about sounds like its gonna be pretty sick. Looks like I'll have to add another episode to my itunes library. haha

MR LIKA
01-28-2010, 04:54 PM
OK, here is my post welcome, welcome.:bounce:

thebigtman
04-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Hey Ian,

I look forward to seeing the upcoming hemi JK episodes. A few of us on here did this swap at home and it was well worth it.

Tim
08 Hemi Rubi Unlimited

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg85/thebigtman/021-2.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg85/thebigtman/110.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg85/thebigtman/016-2.jpg

rooster
04-08-2010, 07:11 AM
It was awesome! Arent you building one for Rusty's right now? EDIT...I saw post 61

rooster
04-08-2010, 07:16 AM
And if you want to see a bunch of Jeeps to get ideas from how about coming to Jeep Beach next month! 600 Jeeps for a 3 day show in one place is pretty awesome. Especially when your building it in the middle of the Daytona International Speedway. Your producers turned it down because your in the middle of your season. But we here at the JKO would like to see you there...

tkob1060
04-08-2010, 08:40 PM

New 4 door JK
Rubicrawler
Supercharger
cage
Allieds with Pitbulls

Stay tuned.....

Ian

what no Nack? :laughing2:

GOWREVER
04-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Hey Guys,

I watch your show, but I totally missed it and that's what I wanna see. Heard yall r gonna do a hemi build. Cant wait.:beer:

cruzcode
04-17-2010, 12:38 AM

New 4 door JK
Rubicrawler
Supercharger
cage
Allieds with Pitbulls

Stay tuned.....

Ian

Hey Ian, love your show.

I'm interested to see what you do with the supercharger, and if it's on a 3.8L without a modified bottom-end, or if you're slapping it on a hemi. If you've found a way to charge a 3.8L without aerating the oil pan with holes from the rods, then that would be pretty valuable to some of us who aren't ponying up the dough for a hemi. (Unless charging and reinforcing will cost more...)

Talk soon!

RC

MaRShiN
04-17-2010, 06:53 AM
what no Nack? :laughing2:

hah , was waiting for someone to say something along those lines :thefinger:

Ill watch tho and will probably end up buying the episode on iTunes. :D

NMJEEPJK
04-19-2010, 05:34 PM
:beer::beer: IAN YOUR KINDA ONE OF MY HEROS!

spillidge
04-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Wow, an old thread revived.
A canadian eh, right on. :beer:

So when can we expect this build?

jeeperjkj
04-19-2010, 07:00 PM
If you've found a way to charge a 3.8L without aerating the oil pan with holes from the rods, ...

Care to elaborate on what you're getting at?

BeerMonkeY
04-21-2010, 08:59 PM
i think he thinks you cant put a supercharger on the 3.8??????

ALASHA
04-22-2010, 07:55 AM

i think he thinks you cant put a supercharger on the 3.8??????

yeah sounds like cruzcode believes you cant run an SC on a JK without blowing the motor. FALSE

MR LIKA
04-22-2010, 08:40 AM
yeah sounds like cruzcode believes you cant run an SC on a JK without blowing the motor. FALSE

Sure you can, it's the best way to convince the wife to get a Hemi.:D

ALASHA
04-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Sure you can, it's the best way to convince the wife to get a Hemi.:D

In your case you can actually blame it on her for forgetting to pick up the windshield wiper fluid every time she went to the store. :D

MR LIKA
04-22-2010, 08:46 AM
In your case you can actually blame it on her for forgetting to pick up the windshield wiper fluid every time she went to the store. :D

My thoughts exactly.:beer::beer::beer:

cruzcode
04-26-2010, 08:26 AM

You bet. Yes, as some replied, I am interested to know (based on Ian's post) if there is a good way to supercharge the 3.8L without spending Hemi-like dollars in reinforcing the bottom end of the motor, then I would be very interested.

Have you, or has anyone else out there done so, with any luck?

Thanks -- RC

ALASHA
04-26-2010, 09:01 AM
You bet. Yes, as some replied, I am interested to know (based on Ian's post) if there is a good way to supercharge the 3.8L without spending Hemi-like dollars in reinforcing the bottom end of the motor, then I would be very interested.

Have you, or has anyone else out there done so, with any luck?

Thanks -- RC

Yes Avenger supercharger. The kits out there dont run enough boost to where you need to worry about the bottom end. In fact, I just did a "Stage 2" upgrade and am running 12 pounds now. The kit costs half as much as doing a Hemi swap yourself. It awesome:
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23204

RickM610
07-18-2010, 12:51 PM
I've done so many upgrades in the last couple of years since I purchased my JK that the only thing I can add to my list is adding snorkel (a must in South Florida), going to D60 in front and back and eventually a HEMI in the front end.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/gallery/files/2/6/0/5/jkbeast1_711244.jpg