KMA Fabrication JK Light Bar [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: KMA Fabrication JK Light Bar

stralph
10-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Here's a look at the new JK Light Bar that we debuted at the Pomona Off-Road Expo. Take a look and let me know what you think.

You can purchase this with or without the windshield hinges. If you are handy with a welder, have a fab shop near by (we are in Fresno, California) or want to ship us your hinges, it could save you a little money. If you want to go all out we can ship it to you with the hinges attached and it's a very easy bolt on.

This product not only adds extra light but protects your windshield frame while not adding much weight to your JK and you get an agressive off-road look.

Drop us a line and let us know if you like it, what you would change or if you have any questions.

Scott
KMA Fabrication
http://www.kmafabrication.com

Richie Rich
10-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Very cool fab work! Browsed through your gallery and the JK looks great!:beer: I see that you also have a 3rd row installed....is that a storage box under the 3rd row? If so, who makes it?

stralph
10-10-2008, 10:26 PM
That's a Tuffy tool box under the 3rd row seat. Gives you a little extra room since your taking up the trunk space with the seat. I did make the seat easy to remove so you don't have to have it in all the time, only when needed.

Richie Rich
10-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Nice! Mahalo for the info. BTW: What rails are you running? Are those lights I see under the rock rails?

stralph
10-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Those are Poly Performance sliders that I customized and added lights. Everything that you see on the Black JK is custom fab work that we can duplicate or customize something different depending on your needs. Thanks for checking it out and let me know if you have any other questions.

IV WHLN
10-11-2008, 10:45 AM
KMA's work is top notch. Glad to see Scott here on JKowners. Wait till you see his LED corner gaurds.

stralph
10-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks IV WHLN. My that is a nice cage you have on that Jeep.;) As a matter of fact here are those corner guards.

Ipe
10-14-2008, 08:41 AM
I have to admit, I do like this. :)

RotorHead
10-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks IV WHLN. My that is a nice cage you have on that Jeep.;) As a matter of fact here are those corner guards.

Look nice. How far forward to the corners go?

John L
10-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Not bad, definately the best looking lightbar out there.

stralph
10-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks! Here's the corners uncoated so they are easier to see. This is when they were still a work in progress but it gives you a better idea.

RotorHead
10-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks! Here's the corners uncoated so they are easier to see. This is when they were still a work in progress but it gives you a better idea.

Awesome. Exactly what I was hoping to see. Any chance you're working on a version with tube fenders attached?

stralph
10-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Your best bet is to purchase corners and fenders seperately. The way the JK is made, with a deep channel that the fenders are set into, I would not recommend attaching the tube fenders to the corner panel. It's not impossible but it would be very costly. The majority of our work is custom fabricaction (not many production items) so if you have an idea let me know and I'll kick it around.

NickH
10-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Comp corners or some type of armour to stretch the 2dr?

MOJAVEGREEN
10-15-2008, 07:04 PM

I am interested in a set of corners for a 2Dr. How much are we talking?

RotorHead
10-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Your best bet is to purchase corners and fenders seperately. The way the JK is made, with a deep channel that the fenders are set into, I would not recommend attaching the tube fenders to the corner panel. It's not impossible but it would be very costly. The majority of our work is custom fabricaction (not many production items) so if you have an idea let me know and I'll kick it around.

I agree with you about the difficulty and expense of adding tube fenders. I recently modified my stock fenders and I'm actually quite pleased with the results. When I did them, it was with the intention of having them hold me over until I could get tubes, but now I think I might keep them.

I think what you have may work perfect for me. I already have a nice dent in my right rear from running over a tree on the trail and as usual it snapped and smacked the rear corner. Then on my last trip I dented the tub right above the left rear tire when I leaned on a live tree. Damn trees. :thefinger:

What thickness do you use on the corners? Can I get them in 3/16" and the big question is how much? I would want them with the LED's. I'll relocate the tag.

Thanks

Here are a couple of pics of my home made fenders.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq9/mdo817gatrailrider/riverrocksept26/100_1803.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq9/mdo817gatrailrider/riverrocksept26/100_1801.jpg

SDMF
10-15-2008, 08:12 PM
I am interested in a set of corners for a 2Dr. How much are we talking?

Curious about the price myself.

1guy
10-15-2008, 08:54 PM
I am so glad to see others enjoying KMA's Fab skills.
Check out the custom fenders he built on my LJ.
http://www.hansonoffroad.com/images/gallery/lgrphoto/LJ%20Build/IMG_3195-01.jpg

RotorHead
10-15-2008, 09:01 PM

Nice. Looks like somebody done stole yo' seats. :beer:

jdemonto
10-15-2008, 11:25 PM

Is that LJ running portals?

Jason

IV WHLN
10-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Is that LJ running portals?

Jason

No. Looks like a Warn dana 60 hub in front their but hard to tell. Still 5 lug (5x5.5 by the looks of it) and semi float in the rear, so it is either a 44 or 60

1guy
10-16-2008, 06:39 PM
The LJ has RockJock 60's in it.

SDMF
10-16-2008, 06:41 PM
I dig that LJ, sometimes I wish I would have bought one instead of the JK.

1guy
10-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Take your JK to KMA he can make it cooler than the LJ, at least that is my plan. Internal cage should be coming as soon as I get the funds together. Scott has built two cages for me and they have both been incredible.

stralph
10-16-2008, 10:10 PM
RotorHead, your modified stock fenders look great! I considered doing the same thing. I agree with you that you don't need to change them.

Well, the light bar is a production item. The corners were a one off that I did which is not to say that I wouldn't like to make more of them. Because at this point it is all fabricated by hand with a hammer the price is $499 (plus tax & shipping) for a pair 2 dr or 4 dr and that's without the LED option which would add another $100. It is 1/8" in thickness, at this time I'm not doing 3/16".

I'm hoping to put these into production at some point which would bring the price down but not sure when. We are currently working on another project for a mod to your stock rear tire carrier that I'm hoping to put out next month. It will allow your stock carrier to accommodate a larger tire (approx. 37"). The mod would be about a 15 min. bolt on and be very cost effective. Once that is debuted maybe I'll look into production on the corners. Watch the web site for more info, or send me a message to be notified when the items come out.

Thanks,

Scott Ralph

RotorHead
10-17-2008, 06:57 AM
RotorHead, your modified stock fenders look great! I considered doing the same thing. I agree with you that you don't need to change them.

Well, the light bar is a production item. The corners were a one off that I did which is not to say that I wouldn't like to make more of them. Because at this point it is all fabricated by hand with a hammer the price is $499 (plus tax & shipping) for a pair 2 dr or 4 dr and that's without the LED option which would add another $100. It is 1/8" in thickness, at this time I'm not doing 3/16".

I'm hoping to put these into production at some point which would bring the price down but not sure when. We are currently working on another project for a mod to your stock rear tire carrier that I'm hoping to put out next month. It will allow your stock carrier to accommodate a larger tire (approx. 37"). The mod would be about a 15 min. bolt on and be very cost effective. Once that is debuted maybe I'll look into production on the corners. Watch the web site for more info, or send me a message to be notified when the items come out.

Thanks,

Scott Ralph

Thanks for the update Scott. You guys do some nice work. Keep us posted.

stralph
10-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Updated pics of light bar.

notarubicon
10-20-2008, 01:23 PM
your guys fab work is outstanding

stralph
10-21-2008, 04:48 PM
your guys fab work is outstanding

Thanks Nate, it's always good to hear we are doing something right. Stay tuned for more new products soon.

Thanks for serving!

Scott:beer:

sierraexplorers
12-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Here's a pic of a friends lightbar that KMA built for him. Scott just built a new style for my jeep, I will try and get pics up soon.
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=618

bodyguy
12-05-2008, 09:26 PM
whats the third row seat from, and very nice fab work

Moose512
12-06-2008, 06:32 AM
If I decide to get a lightbar this is the best one that I have seen.

FYI...Your website is not working?

Moose512
12-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Website is working now.

stralph
12-08-2008, 01:20 PM
The seat is a standard back seat from a TJ. Thanks!

stralph
12-08-2008, 01:21 PM
If I decide to get a lightbar this is the best one that I have seen.

FYI...Your website is not working?

If you have a chance, check out our new light bar, we have 2 versions now.

stralph
12-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Here is the latest and greatest of the JK light bar. Let us know what you think.

Scott

bodyguy
12-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Here is the latest and greatest of the JK light bar. Let us know what you think.

Scott

I like the lower design much better

HITMONEY
12-08-2008, 01:53 PM
I like it MUCH better as well, but still wont work for me if it goes any higher than the roof line.

stralph
02-03-2009, 01:04 PM
The original light bar does stick up above the roof about 8 inches to accommodate the 8" lights. The new design is about 4 - 5 inches above the roof, lower profile for better clearance.

We tried the light bar out on the trail recently and we were very happy with the added protection it provided to the windshield frame. Kissed a couple trees along the way and all we lost was a little powder coating. :)

axel
09-15-2009, 04:11 AM
hey,

is this bar availeble , not the high model but the one with the low lights ? can i have more than 4 light brakets

will this fit with a snorkel ?

blownJK
09-16-2009, 05:53 PM

Scott

I think this is a much nicer design. Are there any shots further away from the Jeep?...like to see the whole package

stralph
10-07-2009, 07:36 PM
hey,

is this bar availeble , not the high model but the one with the low lights ? can i have more than 4 light brakets

will this fit with a snorkel ?

This bar is available, you can have as many light tabs as you want (no additional cost) and it fits with a snorkel. You can purchase it off our website, all prices include shipping. http://www.kmafabrication.com

Thanks,

stralph
10-07-2009, 07:42 PM
I think this is a much nicer design. Are there any shots further away from the Jeep?...like to see the whole package

Here ya go!

savage
10-08-2009, 06:16 AM
i really dig that light bar, not something I would originally have thought about buying but it really is a consideration. Any more shots of that 3rd row, thats too cool.

stralph
10-08-2009, 08:22 AM
i really dig that light bar, not something I would originally have thought about buying but it really is a consideration. Any more shots of that 3rd row, thats too cool.

Thanks! FYI the light bar in the above pic is a bit taller than usual as per owners request. We make them flush with the roof line so that clearance isn't an issue.

Here are pics of the third row, as requested.

Thanks,

WahooJeep
10-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Couple of questions.

Does the light bar fit with an ARB snorkel attached.

Have any pics of the hi-lift mount with a jack and aftermarket tire carrier?

TIA,

Chris

stralph
10-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Couple of questions.

Does the light bar fit with an ARB snorkel attached.

Have any pics of the hi-lift mount with a jack and aftermarket tire carrier?

TIA,

Chris

The light bar will not interfere with any snorkel.

Here is pics of tire carrier and high lift mount. Sorry I don't have a pic with the actual jack attached. I will work on getting one.

Thanks,

SanDiegoJK
10-08-2009, 09:56 PM
will you have the design 3 light bar(low profile one) available for sale at the Pomona show? going tomorrow before the crowds...

stralph
10-08-2009, 10:08 PM
will you have the design 3 light bar(low profile one) available for sale at the Pomona show? going tomorrow before the crowds...

We will be there Saturday and can bring one? Let me know.

JKrazed
10-08-2009, 11:02 PM
We will be there Saturday and can bring one? Let me know.

pm sent.

WahooJeep
10-09-2009, 10:04 AM
The light bar will not interfere with any snorkel.

Here is pics of tire carrier and high lift mount. Sorry I don't have a pic with the actual jack attached. I will work on getting one.

Thanks,

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e32/chendricks1971/IMG_0931.jpg

I've got the Teraflex bumper and carrier, does anyone know if the hi-lift mount will work with that setup?