Do you want shock pins? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Do you want shock pins?

JR
10-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Basically want to see if this would be a product people would want.

This is a shock absorber bar pin. We already do these for the TJ and XJ. Typically, cross pins are made from tube, and over time rust and break.

These are made from solid stock, and zinc plated so they last and they're durable. Also because they're solid, the mounting surface is a little thicker and typicall you gain about 1/4" of shock length because of it.

So, chime in. I've got the powers that be ready to build them, and if they're desired, I'll get the ball rolling so that you'll be able to get them from any WP dealer.

They won't come with hardware, as the factory stuff is metric and threaded into the body of the Jeep.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/travisroy/106-107.jpg

nam6869usmc
10-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Yes indeed they would be a great upgrade, Gee, why they don't put this great stuff on at the Plant, I'll never know.....Yes, I would purchase these right now. Well, send me a set yesterday.:D

paragon
10-16-2007, 05:14 PM
This is for the rear uppers, correct?

The rolled steel type stuff that's typically used also flexes really bad and can get stressed easily while offroad.

JR
10-16-2007, 07:59 PM
This is for the rear uppers, correct?

The rolled steel type stuff that's typically used also flexes really bad and can get stressed easily while offroad.

yes, rear uppers.

And Paragon is absolutely right, that's another bad side to the normal rolled steel stuff.

MichaelW
10-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Nice! I'll bite.

JR
10-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Nice! I'll bite.

The boss is getting new parallel bars and endmill bits for our mill/drill to do the TJ /XJ front pins. I'll tell him to build the JK ones too.

toadontheroad
10-19-2007, 03:40 PM
I've broken the rolled upper anchors on my Ford before.
(What's that bangin' around back there?) :shaking:

Poor Boy
10-25-2007, 05:48 AM
yeah................

pebblehoppertj
10-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Im in ... so when does production start ?

JR
10-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Im in ... so when does production start ?

Part # is 98. Getting some orders in on them will actually speed up production on them. If there's no orders pending, there's no rush, sadly.

I'll get some info on purchasing and such sent to you tomorrow when I am back in the office.

JR

Poor Boy
10-26-2007, 02:11 AM
hey JR, will these work with OME shocks?

JR
10-26-2007, 07:16 AM
hey JR, will these work with OME shocks?

I wouldn't see why not. Most shocks use a standard 5/8" bar pin, which is what these are, so I think so.

JR
10-26-2007, 12:01 PM
The info on them can be found here.

http://www.rjroffroad.com/Warrior-Heavy-Duty-Bar-Pins-for-07-08-JK-Wrangler-c-436-p-1-pr-17007.html

MichaelW
10-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Placed order. Thanks!:bounce:

So when do you estimate shipping? Poly will be shipping me some new shocks and it would be nice if I can do both at the same time. Yeah, I'm lazy like that. :grinpimp:

JR
10-26-2007, 12:23 PM
I can only estimate about 2 weeks turnaround (zinc plating takes a week turnaround usually), but more like 3 because next week is SEMA which means none of us in the shop.

After that, first batch will be in, which means they'll be in stock so turnaround will be quicker.

PhilD
10-29-2007, 09:56 AM
I have JKS bar pin eliminators on mine, but they are the ones for racing shocks and required the stock captive bolts to be removed. The JKS regular bar pin eliminators will fit a JK.

Another problem with the stock ones is that the shock slides on the bar and if you have a frame mounted track bar bracket, the shock may make contact with it.

toadontheroad
10-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Ordered. It'll give me my first chance to put it on stands...:beer:

PhilD
10-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Ordered. It'll give me my first chance to put it on stands...:beer:Not to to do shock pins it won't ;)

No jack stands needed to work on the shocks.

BigO
10-29-2007, 03:25 PM
Not to to do shock pins it won't ;)

No jack stands needed to work on the shocks.

Maybe he's very large and can't fit under the Jeep. :D

PhilD
10-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Maybe he's very large and can't fit under the Jeep. :D:D:D:D:D I didn't think of that...

toadontheroad
10-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Maybe he's very large and can't fit under the Jeep. :D

HEY, HEY... I already get enough from the wife. Don't need you to go gettin' all critical now :pissed:

I'm looking for any reason to start playing with my Jeep. Putting it on jacksis a good way to get the wife in the right frame of mind...prepping for all the mods I'll need to add later. Besides, I'm used to stting upright underneath my 6" lifted Ford X on 36"s while working on it. My stocker looks pretty low right now. :shaking:

JR
11-12-2007, 10:23 AM
If anyone that might have ordered some of these from a retailer was wondering, the pins have been built, and were sent out to be zinc plated. They'll be shipped as soon as they get back. :bounce:

toadontheroad
11-13-2007, 06:23 PM
JR,
That's great. I've already been under the Rubi and took the shock pins off for practice. Then I put them on. And took them off. Then put them on. But I'll wait patiently a bit more. Don't mind me. It's not like I need to do any mods to my Jeep and all I can afford are the $24 mods right now. It's OK I'll be fine. (a bit of advice to newbie JK owners - try to save up mod money BEFORE you buy - better on the nerves) :bawling:

JR
11-13-2007, 06:25 PM
JR,
That's great. I've already been under the Rubi and took the shock pins off for practice. Then I put them on. And took them off. Then put them on. But I'll wait patiently a bit more. Don't mind me. It's not like I need to do any mods to my Jeep and all I can afford are the $24 mods right now. It's OK I'll be fine. (a bit of advice to newbie JK owners - try to save up mod money BEFORE you buy - better on the nerves) :bawling:

shipped out today. ill send you and michael some tracking #'s tomorrow.

MichaelW
11-15-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't need no stinking tracking number, I already got mine! I haven't opened the box as I am packing to go get my trailer and see the relatives for T-day.

toadontheroad
11-16-2007, 07:51 AM
ditto ;)

JR
12-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Either of you guys got these installed yet? I didn't have a vehicle to test them on at the time, so let me know if they worked well.

I need to make sure I'm decent enough at reading a tape measure in awkward dark places.

toadontheroad
12-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Actually I pulled the shock off the other night (actually 3 weeks ago). Not alot of room up there and I couldn't access the upper mount so I had the take the lower mount off and just take the whole thing off. When I got it out I realized I couldn't remove the stock pin because the rubber bushing wouldn't let go. I futzed with it for about 15 minutes then decided to try it again in the daylight so I put the shock back on... a few 60 hour work weeks later and I haven't even given it a thought. Thanks for the reminder...

Now I remember! 11/21 Wed night 10 o'clock. I wanted to put them on before we went to Hollister ORV park. Never enough time. :shaking:

JR, is there a quick way to relieve the shock bushing of the OEM pin? Dish soap?

JR
12-11-2007, 04:35 PM
JR, is there a quick way to relieve the shock bushing of the OEM pin? Dish soap?

I always stick them in the press and push them out, but a vice works too. Just need a piece of tube that the pin can slide into as you push it thru.

DirtyJeeper
12-12-2007, 02:36 PM
I ordered them.

Thanks