Texas - Escondido Draw Recreation Area (EDRA) Work Weekend [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Texas - Escondido Draw Recreation Area (EDRA) Work Weekend

kerryp
10-04-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm hoping to make a trip out to EDRA the weekend of October 25 and 26 to work on and check out the EDRA wheeling park.

For those of you not familiar, this is the new Texas Motorized Trails Coalition (TMTC) venue. You have probably heard of Barnwell Mountain. This is the new park and it is 3400 acres of wheeling and is located near Ozona Texas.

This is a work weekend to cut the new trails for the park, so very few people have been out there thus far. I am lookining forward to seeing what it has to offer and from what I have heard it is going to be a good place.

If you want to learn more, you can visit the TMTC website here: http://www.texasmotorizedtrails.com/

If you go to the forums section, you will find info including the work week dates. I would imagine the weather will be cool around the 25th and it would be fun to get a bunch of JK guys from the board out to get familiar with the park and maybe we can even consider adopting a trail or camp site.

I think it will be fun to do a little working and wheeling and then throw a thick juicy steak on the fire and have some kocktails (the other version was **** :) ) and ceegars and kick back around the fire and talk Jeeps......post up if your interested.

StubEXrube
10-05-2008, 06:55 AM
Kerry- Well you know I'll try to be there...since I suvived the past wknd at Katemcy (lots of undercarrige damage). So Joe was gonna install new gear sets this wknd...He really needs to go test em out. Maybe a good opportunity.

kerryp
10-05-2008, 07:30 AM
I don't think he will be doing any wheeling out of the area for a while until the baby is born, understandably wants to be nearby.

SRTpusher
10-05-2008, 07:47 PM
thanks. i just registered on the site

kerryp
10-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Just a bump as a reminder that this is coming up this weekend if anyone is interested. If anyone wants to see pics of the area, here is a link to peak your interest.

http://teeds.smugmug.com/gallery/5000065_BF5Kv#299825067_WwYJW

StubEXrube
10-21-2008, 11:09 AM
I would have found this earlier had I known that Texas is part of the north-central U.S.

Go figure...

kerryp
10-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Yeah I sent a PM to ask them to move it earlier. I couldn't find it either and I'm the one that started it :)

By the way, just got confirmation that open fires are ok as long as your extra safe, and there is a bathroomn and shower at the facility.