Katemcy Texas...this weekend? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Katemcy Texas...this weekend?

StubEXrube
09-29-2008, 05:56 PM
I'd love to get a group of jkowners together to wheel at Katemcy this weekend (Oct 4th & 5th). It would be a good opportunity for people that are new to the forum or that are running stock JK's, to get their feet wet. I am happy to go slow, bypass the really tough stuff, and spot/ strap/ winch anyone that is in need...to make it a more laid back & enjoyable time. The weather should be nice as well. If there is interest then we could set up a spot & time to meet up. That way no one gets left behind. If not much feedback then no big deal, however there are enough Texas jkowners here, that I figured it might be worth a shot.

Randy727
09-29-2008, 08:03 PM
I will tell you what StubEXrube, I would love to take a raincheck on this one. I am an assistant coach on my sons football team, and will keep me busy through mid November.
Otherwise I would have taken you up on this one. I will be down in Harper (Just west of Fredericksburg on 290) in late November. Would love to check out Katemcy, I have heard a lot about it. Had the JK for 5 months now, and have not had the time to take it anywere.

PhilD
10-02-2008, 07:21 PM
I'll be there with a small group of mixed vehicles, arriving at K-Rocks around 6:00pm tomorrow.

We'll likely start off with Aggie Highway, and then move on to Boulder Lane and Back Breaker, no doubt we'll run Waterfall both directions also.

For anyone that's never been out to K-Rocks there are trails for everyone, from easy to extreme.

We usually stick to the medium stuff:

http://www.trailduty.com/gallery/krocksjune2008/images/037.jpg

http://www.trailduty.com/gallery/krocksjune2008/images/030.jpg

http://www.trailduty.com/gallery/krocks2008/images/052.jpg

http://www.trailduty.com/gallery/krocks2008/images/015.jpg

PhilD
10-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Well, looks like I won't be making it after all. I had the fuel pump replaced at the Jeep dealer a couple of days ago. The persistent strong smell of gas around the vehicle when I got it back was far from comforting, so I took it back to them, foolishly hoping they would have it fixed by today. They just called to say they won't have it done until Monday :pissed:

If I'd have known they were going to take this long, I'd have dropped the tank myself and fixed it, but nothing I can do about it now...

Alec W
10-03-2008, 12:37 PM
That sucks Phil. I've had that happen a couple of times now and I know how mad you must be :pissed::pissed::pissed:

StubEXrube
10-03-2008, 01:03 PM
That sucks Phil. I've had that happen a couple of times now and I know how mad you must be :pissed::pissed::pissed:

I'm the one that's mad! There goes the BEST spotter there ever was! :bawling:

Seriously Phil, That's a shame. Maybe the silver lining is that they will have more time to do everything correctly... and fortunately, there is another chance to do K-rocks at the end of the month. Hope all goes well.

PhilD
10-03-2008, 01:29 PM
fortunately, there is another chance to do K-rocks at the end of the month. Yup, I'll aim to be there, to be on the safe side I'll not drive the JK the week before :D

There is still a chance I can make it, the service manager says it will be ready today, but the tech doing the work says Monday :shaking: I suspect the service manager is just telling me what I want to hear though. But if I can pick it up at 6:00, then I can still make K-Rocks before midnight.

PhilD
10-03-2008, 01:30 PM
That sucks Phil. I've had that happen a couple of times now and I know how mad you must be :pissed::pissed::pissed:Could be worse, I could be half way there broken down :(

PhilD
10-03-2008, 03:17 PM
On a note of optimism, the latest status is that they are "just doing the final touches" right now and about to test drive it, so I may be getting it back, but I'm not counting on it yet.

Duke
10-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Heading out in the very early AM. Hope to see some other JK's out there.......

PhilD
10-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Heading out in the very early AM. Hope to see some other JK's out there.......Cool, touch wood, I'll see you there.

PhilD
10-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Off to pick it up now and will be there around 11:00-12:00 tonight :)

Duke
10-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Cool, touch wood, I'll see you there.

Great news. See you in the AM. What time you cruising through SA?

If I happen upon a red beat up JK on the side of the road I will stop and we can load it on the trailer and you can drive the beat up white JK. :thefinger:

StubEXrube
10-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Great news. See you in the AM. What time you cruising through SA?

If I happen upon a red beat up JK on the side of the road I will stop and we can load it on the trailer and you can drive the beat up white JK. :thefinger:

:laughing2:

PhilD
10-03-2008, 06:35 PM
I'll be going thru SA in 60 mind

Katemcy or bust :)

StubEXrube
10-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Just finished packing up, evrything is torqued, greased, and filled. Will be heading out around 5- 5:30 am. Should be there around 8- 8:30.

What channel will y'all be on?

Duke
10-03-2008, 07:20 PM
What channel will y'all be on?

Don't know. Just follow the smell of gas.....it will be Phil's Jeep!

:D

RotorHead
10-03-2008, 07:21 PM
You guys have fun. No wheeling for me this weekend. :thefinger:

StubEXrube
10-03-2008, 08:01 PM
You guys have fun. No wheeling for me this weekend. :thefinger:

Rotorhead- This is a fun but dramatic venue. The most hardcore guys wheel here. I ain't no wimp...but I don't even go to K-rocks w/o a good spotter. No worries about Phil...He could probably fix a broken driveshaft with a paper clip and a piece of tree bark if he had to. I am experienced but much less confident wheeling in a group of dented-up K5's and exo-caged trailer queens! Hope we all make it back safe. :smokin:

PhilD
10-03-2008, 10:52 PM
made it in piece, not sure if it's a loud bug or rattler outside the cabin :D

PhilD
10-03-2008, 11:15 PM
can someone do me afavor and bring a bag of ice in the morning. Thanks

paragon
10-04-2008, 08:07 AM
made it in piece, not sure if it's a loud bug or rattler outside the cabin :D

sounds like breakfeast either way