Mopar Dana 60 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Mopar Dana 60

NickH
09-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Thought I would fill you guys in....

http://www.quadratec.com/products/52446_103_T.htm

karnuvore
09-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Nice...now maybe the 44s will drop even lower.

NickH
09-27-2008, 08:50 AM
For a rear 44, maybe...

Your still subject to excessive anal fornication on the front!

karnuvore
09-27-2008, 09:09 AM
I think the price now isnt bad. But Im always optimistic about it going even lower!

NickH
09-27-2008, 09:17 AM
I think the price now isnt bad. But Im always optimistic about it going even lower!

Add the price of new axles and gears and to me it's a waste.

SDMF
09-27-2008, 09:26 AM
For a couple hundred more you can buy a Currie rock jock 60 with whatever gears and locker you want. The base price is $1900, with 5.40's and an ARB the price come in right at $3000 if I recall correctly.

n8it
09-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Thought I would fill you guys in....

http://www.quadratec.com/products/52446_103_T.htm

Their picture is of a D44. The Mopar part # P5155083 is for the Jeep J8 model. So no locker, 5x5.5 lug pattern and brackets for leaf springs.

HITMONEY
09-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Their picture is of a D44. The Mopar part # P5155083 is for the Jeep J8 model. So no locker, 5x5.5 lug pattern and brackets for leaf springs.

Thats the information I have as well... the 60 comes set up for leafs and supposedly the brackets are $400.00 to convert, but I don't have any concrete proof of that.

The problem with the Rock Jock is that that I want plug and play e-lockers and that isn't possible with the Rock Jock.

Even with a 60 in the back you are still limited to 5.13's if you run a 44 in the front and with a 60 I want to go 40's with 5.38. So considering all that it would have to end up being Rock Jocks front and rear with ARB lockers and no more e-locker.

Probably looking between 6 and 7k by the time it is all said and done, then subtract about $2000 from selling my 44's and its a 5k swap if ya do it yourself and that is before the cost of 40" tires.

This is still a little off in the distance for me...... but not to far. ;)

SDMF
09-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Just curious why you would want an e-locker instead of an ARB? seriously?

As for the gears, Alloy is supposed to have their 5.38 d44 gears out one of these months, so that gives you options. I have been waiting for these myself.

HITMONEY
09-29-2008, 10:05 AM
do you plan on changing your lift any?

Maybe... not sure yet. Pretty sure I will ad a BL to the suspension lift and maybe.. just maybe a coilover system.

Just curious why you would want an e-locker instead of an ARB? seriously?

As for the gears, Alloy is supposed to have their 5.38 d44 gears out one of these months, so that gives you options. I have been waiting for these myself.

I like the E-lockers. In my mind, correct me if i am wrong or way off base, electric is far more reliable than Air and probably runs a close second behind manual/OX in terms of reliability.

I have heard and seen far to many stories of air pumps going bad and air leaks. My friend has a top quality built TJ with ARB and it seems he is always working on the ARB air system. No thanks.

As far as 5.38's in a 44... that is pushing it.. not sure how strong that is gonna be... but yeah I've heard the rumor of them for quite some time now.

SDMF
09-29-2008, 10:25 AM
I like the E-lockers. In my mind, correct me if i am wrong or way off base, electric is far more reliable than Air and probably runs a close second behind manual/OX in terms of reliability.

Maybe I am just unlucky, cause I have had my elockers not want to unlock several times.

HITMONEY
09-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Maybe I am just unlucky, cause I have had my elockers not want to unlock several times.

I have had sway bar issues, but no locker issues. And even then, the sway bar problem was just because they weren't aligned properly.. wasn't an electric problem or motor problem.

I am constantly engaging and disengaging my e-lockers on the trail with no issues..... yet.

I know alot of people that were having e-locker issues was caused by improper assembly when doing a re-gear and the solenoid was getting damaged... and then the whole ARB Diff cover debacle that I never found out if in fact the ARB cover was interfering.

SDMF
09-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Come to think of it, I have not had an issue with my locker since I put the ARB covers on it...had solids on before that. It was always the front one.

md_rubi
09-29-2008, 06:56 PM
If you are having e-locker issues, it's because of the fluids you used(so this is what i was told by service guys). I had problems with my e-lockers ever since i had to change the dif cover and even though I used high quality fluids, e-lockers (service guys told me) requires special fluids. my dealer replaced the lockers under warrenty but told me they could have charged me since i did not use recommend fluids.

As for Air lockers, i have had issues with either the air compressor and/or the hose.

OX, i'm understanding is having issues with development and they currently do not have a way to test their system on JKs. Detroit is the only one i am considering at this time for my d60 swap. i hear it is not fun to drive on pavement.

SDMF
09-29-2008, 07:02 PM
What were you using in it? I have been running royal purple since I changed it the first time.

HITMONEY
09-30-2008, 08:02 AM
If you don't have MOPAR fluid in it, it gives them an "out" to tell you thats what it is. :shaking:

Royal Purple in mine as well.. no locker issues.

mrsig
09-30-2008, 10:37 AM
I have had no problems with the lockers at all and I run regular gear oil. I am now @ 17,000 miles.

md_rubi
09-30-2008, 03:02 PM
I use Royal Purple. Have you guys looked at eaton's e-locker?

bobtail82
10-01-2008, 07:55 AM

got the 60 in front of me. it is leaf spring setup ,but it does have a locker,possable detroit. need to open it up and make sure
tony

n8it
10-01-2008, 08:46 AM
got the 60 in front of me. it is leaf spring setup ,but it does have a locker,possable detroit. need to open it up and make sure
tony

I thought they had Trac-Lok limited-slip in them, but not an electric locker to plug into a JK's wiring harness.

FL JEEPN
10-01-2008, 09:10 AM
If you don't have MOPAR fluid in it, it gives them an "out" to tell you thats what it is. :shaking:

Royal Purple in mine as well.. no locker issues.

As long as the fluid you use meets MOPAR requirements their "out" goes right out the door!

I don't have lockers...prolly will one of these days, but I do have Amsoil fluid sitting on the shelf waiting for me to have time to change both diffs.

RODICON
11-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Too bad you can't get it with factory elect. locker.

Stumpalump
11-12-2008, 09:41 PM
A problem with the gear lube was synthetic in an older Rubicon with the air actuated locker. The internal air line was a funky ruber that swelled up and sliped of the nipple when synthetic was used.

jdemonto
03-11-2009, 11:25 AM
The J8 D60 does have a trac-loc limited slip. I run an Eaton E-locker in my TJ D44 and have 15K trouble free miles, I may get one for the rear in the near future. Also the J8 front D44 has stronger axle tubes.

Jason