Panamint Valley Days 7-9 Nov 08 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Panamint Valley Days 7-9 Nov 08

igofshn
09-24-2008, 09:09 AM
http://www.cal4wheel.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=152

This is a great event. Lets see if we can get some participation.

AdamORW
09-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Ill be there, this is a FUN event.:smokin:

PUDDLZ
09-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Dammit,

Count me out ,

Will be on the islands wheeling :beer:;)

Banned
09-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Looks like fun, I'll check the schedule. If I am out of the witness protection program, Ill be there.

:pissed:

igofshn
09-30-2008, 09:20 AM
There are some really good runs with this event. sponsored by Cal4wheel.

rubirobv
10-13-2008, 09:15 PM
I'll be attending this event. Heading down from SF Bay Area with three friends. Two TJs and my JK. Look for my JKOwners decal on my Jeep. Hope to see you guys down there.

rubirobv
11-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Well, I made it to PVD. My daughter and I had a great time. We did the Big Four Mine on friday and Cummins Cutoff / Defense Mine on saturday. Unfortunately my camera stopped working so no pics of Cummins Cutoff. Awesome trail though. This was my first time to the high desert and worth the trip from the SF Bay Area.

Igofishn, I waved to you as you passed by me on the road out of camp. We were pulled over as one of the guys in our group had two flat tires on his trailer.:shaking:

igofshn
11-13-2008, 11:00 AM
How did the unlimited do on Cummins????

rubirobv
11-13-2008, 04:32 PM
How did the unlimited do on Cummins????

It did very well. The first obsticle below waterfall 0 had me a little nervous as I watched some of the rigs before me struggle through it. I trusted the spotter on that one and made it through nice and smooth. I think the long wheel base helped out at waterfall 0. We went up and over without a problem. At the top, I think they call that obsticle the cutoff, I watched an older CJ that was in front of me get hungup on some big rocks and had to get winched off. I had a little trouble getting through. I came off my line when I slid off a big rock. The guys threw some rocks under my passenger front tire and I made it through without damage. We went on to explore the defense mine and then back to camp.