Yukon/ Tahoe 3rd row seating theft [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Yukon/ Tahoe 3rd row seating theft

Duke Gaviota
08-01-2010, 08:50 PM
I had my 3rd row seating stolen from right under my nose in Target Parking lot of Chino Hills early Sunday morning. The Thieves are using a remote that scans codes and opens auto door locks. There was no forced entry, and the only thing missing was my two seats. The day before I was warned about this by another victim of this theft, but thought it couldnt happen to me. I felt compelled to share this with as many people as I can so that it doesn't happen to any of you. If you have a GMC Yukon 07 and up, even Cadillac and Tahoe be extra carefull. If you do not use your 3rd row seats, take them out, don,t give these people any oppurtunity. Most of you have Jeeps but, they can enter anything with auto locks. I was only in Target for an hour!, plenty of time for a thief. I was also out of security camera range by one parking space, and one row east of camera view.:pissed:

Pygeum
08-02-2010, 02:04 AM
That sucks! Thanks for the heads up, as I have a 08 Tahoe with 3rd row seats. I hope it goes smoothly with the insurance company for you. .

GOAT1
08-04-2010, 01:59 PM
I've heard about that, why are they stealing those? To sell them I assume, why is there a demand? For the people who had them stolen to buy a replacement?

Duke Gaviota
08-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Update: Took yukon in to auto body shop for inspection. My insurance company had already cut me a check for the replacement seats to the auto body shop. The estimator told me that I was the 11th person that day to have same type of claim, repair needed. He also told me not to be surprised if I end up with my same pair of seats (joking), I didn,t think that was funny at all. I have to wait for a pair of replacement seats in line behind everybody else.
The Gm parts dealers can't even sell them to you. I think there,s a private company that auto body shops get these seats from. The total cost for my claim is 2,247.50, think goodness for 250.00$ ded. Somebody is making a lot of money off these seats, If it smells rotten, it,s always rotten. I,m glad My insurance co. came through, it,s nice to be in good hands.;)

Duke Gaviota
08-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I have a SLT yukon thats under lease. 3rd row seats are standard for that model, so I will Have to turn in vehicle in near same condition at time of lease signing. I wish I would have never purchased 3rd row option, used it maybe 3 times only,in the way the rest of the time.

GOAT1
08-09-2010, 08:35 AM
I didnt know the 3rd row was optional, maybe all the demand is from the people that want them but didnt order it, now they are buying the stoler ones. Probably similar to the Jeep hard tops and doors.

Duke Gaviota
08-09-2010, 03:44 PM
I didnt know the 3rd row was optional, maybe all the demand is from the people that want them but didnt order it, now they are buying the stoler ones. Probably similar to the Jeep hard tops and doors.

That,s exactly what,s happening. There is quite a bit of difference in price for the 3rd row. If it were now I would have opt out of having the fully loaded SLT model and went SL, unfortunately there will always be something a thief wants off your vehicle, price I pay for living in Cali.

The person 3 blocks over from me thinks he can make his low dollar GMC Yukon into a Denali!, well so far he has the tail lights (prob. stolen), front grille (Swap Meet maybe), Rims (junk yard bought), and all hes missing to make it look like a Denali is a 3rd row seat.

That ends my ramble before I say anything i'll regret,
Duke:devil:

GOAT1
08-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Found all the stolen 3rd row seats, they are in the inland empire craigs list in the auto parts section, holy shit there is like 1 posted for sale per day!!! They are only like $300 bucks, cash the insurance check, buy your back and make $2K

Pygeum
08-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Sounds like somebody found a way to work the system. . . Too bad it raises our rates at the same time. . . :shaking: