VENDORS HELP [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: VENDORS HELP

wagonofdoom
09-21-2008, 01:38 AM
Who can ship what?

I need front bumper nad rockrails shiped via USPS to 96326
70lbs per box etc etc etc

I need a set of rockrails with a step built in, and a midwidth front bumper that can take a winch and 2 or 4 lights and stock fog lights. anyone able ot help?

mcnaught6
09-21-2008, 08:30 AM
i think it's going to be tough or impossible to get bumpers and/or rock rails if the limit is 70lbs.

Grant211
09-21-2008, 01:09 PM
i think it's going to be tough or impossible to get bumpers and/or rock rails if the limit is 70lbs.

i don't know... maybe get the rugged ridge and ship each item or get a stubby... those might be under 70lbs.
The rock rails can be shipped in two boxes...

good luck

wagonofdoom
09-21-2008, 01:23 PM
i knwo the rock rails can make it in two packages

basically i know it can be done
a friend on base got a TJ full width, rockrails and a rear bumper and tire carrier through USPS

i just gotta find a vendor that isnt lazy and wants to help out military

rubirobv
09-21-2008, 01:50 PM
i just gotta find a vendor that isnt lazy and wants to help out military[/quote]

a little manipulative don't you think? good luck getting a response with talk like that. who are you all of a sudden?

wagonofdoom
09-21-2008, 01:58 PM
does it matter who i am?
only the shadow knows.

but no really, its only military friendly places that will take the time to do that for USPS. well in my 2 years of experience getting parts sent over here.

Woods
09-21-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm a bit out on my bumper, especially with the fog option. But it will be under 70lbs. If you have a Rubicon, my weld on rock rails will start shipping soon.

wagonofdoom
09-21-2008, 04:12 PM
i dont have a rubicon :(
they werent avaliable

wagonofdoom
09-22-2008, 01:56 PM
:crickets:

wagonofdoom
09-23-2008, 01:18 PM
anyone can get rugged ridge?

if noone can help im just gonna buy through 4ws and have a friend ship it

vegasjeep
09-25-2008, 08:04 AM
anyone can get rugged ridge?

if noone can help im just gonna buy through 4ws and have a friend ship it

Many vendors will not ship through USPS as the USPS can not guarantee you received the product being shipped to you. They only guarantee the zip code it was received in. PAYPAL, and every credit card company will not hold a dispute if one is made being shipped the USPS as the guarantee offered is not enough.

Not to mention your buddy had to pay in excess of 1k in shipping to ship that much weight through the USPS. they do not handle packages like that.
your better option is find someone off base to have something shipped too.

JR
09-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Who can ship what?

I need front bumper nad rockrails shiped via USPS to 96326
70lbs per box etc etc etc

I need a set of rockrails with a step built in, and a midwidth front bumper that can take a winch and 2 or 4 lights and stock fog lights. anyone able ot help?

I can get you a JK Rugged Ridge Stubby, you can add the endcaps if you want it wider, and it holds stock fogs and you could add more of them to any of the hoops or the surface of the bumper.

As for rock rails...I think I only carry the Warrior 2x4 rectangulars, but they have the inlay step in them optional.

All of these pieces would be under 70lbs per package.

I can look into whether or not we can get them out USPS, just takes someone to run to the PO.

wagonofdoom
09-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Many vendors will not ship through USPS as the USPS can not guarantee you received the product being shipped to you. They only guarantee the zip code it was received in. PAYPAL, and every credit card company will not hold a dispute if one is made being shipped the USPS as the guarantee offered is not enough.

Not to mention your buddy had to pay in excess of 1k in shipping to ship that much weight through the USPS. they do not handle packages like that.
your better option is find someone off base to have something shipped too.
incorrect

completely and totally
USPS has delivery confirmation, i sign, they get a slip back saying i got it

Second, his bumper was just under the 108 length+girth measurement and 67 lbs.
So, yeah very shippable.

I run a wheel business, and i know what can ship, how much it costs, and to where liek the back of my hand. So when i say an item can make it, i know for a fact it can

and many vendors (i have been told straight out) wont ship USPS becuase they dont want to go to the post office.

the RR stubby shipping weight is 57lbs and the packaging size is 10x12x44
teraflex stubby is 14 x13 x 54 and approx 60-70 pounds

very shippable
Im not asking for an AEV bumper....i know what i can and can't get over here

Jeremiah T
09-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Everything sent UPS but in Fresno, CA so rates should be good.
http://www.hansonoffroad.com/imagemagic.php?img=images/JKRPR-P.jpg&w=800&h=531&page=popup

wagonofdoom
09-25-2008, 06:56 PM
lol at 700 dollar rock rails

wagonofdoom
10-06-2008, 09:01 PM
taken care of
thanks to an ebay vendor...i was able to get the stuff shipped here

Rock Yacht
10-07-2008, 06:53 AM
Been busy, sorry I missed your post. I'm retired AF myself and know it sucks to get parts over seas via USPS. We will for our guys & gals in uniform ship USPS, plus we have a AD Military discount. Just a little pay back for those that serve!

Bob

Bigjerm
10-07-2008, 08:41 AM
A little off topic but will the stubby bumper meet Japan vehicle requirements? I thought I read somewhere on JKforum long ago when a guy got a JK in Japan and he had to have all kinds of lights on it, full width bumper like the Euro bumper, ect. I don't really remember much but I was curious.