"Road Shock" off-roading lights? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: "Road Shock" off-roading lights?

BoredKender
09-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Has anyone heard of these? A local tool supply store sells them for $17 a pair at 100 watts each. Are hey worth a damn?

StubEXrube
09-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Maybe go back to that store and see if you can take em out of the box to take a better look at them. You could at least see if they look/ feel like they're worth a damn. You might also see if they have a web site or google Road Shock lights and see what comes up. If they have good customer feedback, warranty, and customer support than that would be a steal at $17 pr. I've never heard of them either.

Lensman
09-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Has anyone heard of these? A local tool supply store sells them for $17 a pair at 100 watts each. Are hey worth a damn?

Are these from Habor Freight? I so they work good. They also carry some HIDs off roads 9" look good but very chrome.

Good luck with your purchase.

venom
09-18-2008, 10:45 AM
yeah if they're the harbour freight jobs they're decent.
I have 6 of them on my rig - 2 of them I converted to true HID.
biggest issue I have with them is that they don't have much adjustment down beyond horizontal without modifying the mount a little.
So make sure your mounting surface doesn't angle up very much or you'll be 'possum hunting in the trees....

BoredKender
09-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks guys. I ended up getting them and getting some 130watt h3's from SnappyLights. I have the wires ran (no relay yet, but I will get one soon) and am trying to figure out where to mount them right now, but I have no drill so it may be a bit.

StubEXrube
09-18-2008, 12:00 PM
It is against the law to own a jeep and not have a drill. :D

BoredKender
09-18-2008, 12:17 PM
I know, I lack a dremmel too. :(

In my defense, I had a nice impact drill, but where I used to live I got broke into 4 times in a 6 month span and lost 3/4 of my stuff (including tools, vintage records [i.e.: Hendrix, Joplin, ac/dc, Alice Cooper, Foghat, Chicago, etc] and 3 ps2 units).

StubEXrube
09-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Damn! That bites! As I've been the victim before too...all I can say is "I would rather be the one that works hard for the things I have, than the SOB that feels the need and the lack of concience to steal from others." Still sucks though. My biggest fear has always been if I get my guns stolen...and subsequently they are used to commit more aggressive crimes.

BTW- I would be lost w/o my drills and my dremel...Hope Christmas comes soon for you man.

Scool Bz
09-22-2008, 08:55 PM
...My biggest fear has always been if I get my guns stolen...and subsequently they are used to commit more aggressive crimes.

MORE agressive crimes? You just use yours for average crimes? :thefinger:

Just yanking your chain!!!!

StubEXrube
09-22-2008, 09:19 PM
:laughing: I just realized that the way I wrote that could give someone that impression! Well, you know what I meant. Funny interpretation :D

gt3073b
10-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Hey, in California, mere possession is a serious crime! :pissed:

I'm not originally from the South, but I got here as fast as possible! (and AWAY from CA).

fritzgb1
01-16-2010, 05:21 PM
I bought these lights for my tractor about a year ago and I love them. excellent value for the money. I run a golf course and put these light on my tractor to pick up range balls. My guys pick up early very early about 4:30 am before we open at 7 am. there are brite and give excellent visablity and you cant beat the price