Left foot "dead" pedal? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Left foot "dead" pedal?

Chris O.
09-12-2008, 06:08 PM
My auto-trans equipped JK has no where to brace my left foot. Does any company make a dead pedal that mounts on the floor, left of the brake pedal?

ColinW
09-12-2008, 06:17 PM
My auto-trans equipped JK has no where to brace my left foot. Does any company make a dead pedal that mounts on the floor, left of the brake pedal?

This isn't a problem just for the auto guys...we with the stick (at least me) find it a little uncomfortable when driving on the highway, or streets where I'm not using the clutch that much, where I have to put my foot flat on the floor.

Haven't seen anyone who makes anything like this, but it sounds like an easy fab if you're really in need of it.

RotorHead
09-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Count me in.

Alec W
09-13-2008, 10:26 AM
Itís never bothered me but now Iíve read this thread it probably will :laughing:

seer
09-13-2008, 11:30 AM
A while back, I saw where Misch was making one. I haven't checked out their stuff for a while so I don't know if it's still available or not. I really want one too, but $99 for it seems a bit much. Every once in a while I think about making one for myself, but then my ADD (Another Dictate from D'spouse) kicks in and I end up having to do something else.

Timmy
09-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Get a Motorcycle peg and put it in the hole were your door used to be, then you can rest your foot there.

Chris O.
09-18-2008, 07:07 AM
I checked with Misch, he no make one, says that there is not enough room. I'm gonna make a liar outta him and build my own.

Timmy, the motorcycle foot peg idea is a good one, cept' my doors never come off!

44magjeeper
09-21-2008, 05:13 PM
you could look at summit racing for a stock car pedal i put one in my 79 gmc on left side of break, or u can check with someone who does handicapped conversion, thay will have one that that hooks to the gas pedal ,but u can just disconnect the rod

Shadowman
10-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Try making a wood block first, that way you can always change the dimentions and work it till you have the size you want. Then secure it to the carpet/floor mat with velcro or carpet tape. This will give you the ability to change and move till you find a comfortable location for your own style of driving.

Chris O.
10-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Yea, right. You want me to grab a piece of wood and work with it?

Everytime I try to weld it, the dang stuff catches on fire! Me and wood don't play together.

However, I do like your idea ;) , I'll just stick to making it outta steel, thank you!

Shadowman
11-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Yea, right. You want me to grab a piece of wood and work with it?

Everytime I try to weld it, the dang stuff catches on fire! Me and wood don't play together.

However, I do like your idea ;) , I'll just stick to making it outta steel, thank you!

Using the wood block will allow you to determine where you want it and at what height. From there you will be able to fabricate what you want, with no need to re-cut and re-fabricate. I have used wood templates many times to create and then fabricate from it.

Chris O.
11-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Using the wood block will allow you to determine where you want it and at what height. From there you will be able to fabricate what you want, with no need to re-cut and re-fabricate. I have used wood templates many times to create and then fabricate from it.

I understand, completly, and I agree. I was being sarcastic.

I just had a conversation with the R&D guy at M.O.R.E. and he said that he has a prototype ready and should be producing a unit very soon. His idea is like a "peg" that you can rest your foot on, or, slip your foot under, to use it to pull yourself forward. We'll see soon. He will get me a prototype to try out, and I'll let Ya'll know.

JKrawler
11-20-2008, 03:57 PM
I just made one.

Check here:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4439

Chris O.
12-14-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm a lucky guy. Since I'm personal friends with Allen @ M.O.R.E., and mentioned that I wanted a dead pedal, he took the idea and ran with it.

Friday he delivered to me the newest addition to the M.O.R.E. family of fine Jeep products. Here it the new finished product, total bolt on, no drilling at all. I had it installed in about 10 minutes.

I believe he said it will sell for less then 40 bucks, but don't quote me on that. M.O.R.E. can be reached @ 970-625-0500, or www.mountainoffroad.com

BTW, the driving is far batter with the pedal installed. Atta-boy, Allen.

skibum
12-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Very nice. I've been looking for something like this. As soon as the Jeep budget is replenished (after Christmas), I'll be ordering. Unless of course, your buddy wants to offer up a screaming deal like SOLID did with their diff covers. :D

ONLYSUPER
12-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah,visited the link but i cant find the dead pedal, and im too lazy to make a phone call.:shaking:

Chris O.
12-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah,visited the link but i cant find the dead pedal, and im too lazy to make a phone call.:shaking:

I'm sure it will be there soon. He made four of them and has used them as test-fit units. I'll bet production will start ASAP.

He also told me that their new JK tube fenders are coming along nicely and will be worth waiting for. I cant wait to see them.

JKrawler
12-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Nice Chris! I like it even better than mine.

ONLYSUPER
01-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Bump Still dont see it on the site.

packrat
01-27-2009, 10:10 PM
They are now on the mountainoffroad.com website. Mine is on it's way. They come in silver or black.

ONLYSUPER
01-27-2009, 10:59 PM
I ordered mine too but i forgot to include in what color i wanted mine. I dont care on the color anyways.

packrat
01-28-2009, 12:39 PM
I didn't know it came in black until after I had ordered it online. Then I called to ask if it came in black and he said yes and so I told him black. You may want to call them.

ONLYSUPER
01-28-2009, 01:14 PM
They contact me to find out. Thats some good customer service.

TroutDoc7
02-11-2009, 01:02 PM
I purchased and installed a M.O.R.E. left foot pedal for my JK. I would recommend a re-design of pedal so it is not so close to floor. Raising it approx. 2 inches closer toward driver would be an improvement for foot rest. I am an average height of 5'10", so the problem is not my leg length. I will probably bolt some sort of wood spacer to pedal.

firewire
02-13-2009, 09:49 AM
I purchased and installed a M.O.R.E. left foot pedal for my JK. I would recommend a re-design of pedal so it is not so close to floor. Raising it approx. 2 inches closer toward driver would be an improvement for foot rest. I am an average height of 5'10", so the problem is not my leg length. I will probably bolt some sort of wood spacer to pedal.

Interesting, the picture made it look almost even with the pedals. I am 5'9", so I am interested in a reply because I am planning on ordering one as well.

MichaelW
02-13-2009, 10:02 AM
So you are saying I'd have to take my foot off of the dash to use this? :D

Nice!

ONLYSUPER
02-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Im 5' 10'' and have no problems with it. I guess it all depends on how you have the seat set up. Do you do the lean back gangsta driving , or the sucking the cluster grandma style.

johnharr
02-15-2009, 05:13 AM
The first thing I noticed on test driving the JK was the lack of a place to rest my left foot. Liked the JK so much that I decided that I could fabricate something to solve that problem, so I bought it.

Found this forum and was looking for solutions that others may have come up with for a dead pedal. Thanks to this thread, I ordered the M.O.R.E. dead pedal in black powdercoat for my 08 JK 4 door X. It arrived a few days later and I installed it yesterday.

Great workmanship, excellent powdercoating, excellent instructions, everything lined up, and it is in exactly the right place. The fit and quality makes it a bargain at the $39 price. It also makes a big difference in driving comfort.

Thanks to the forum for the heads up on a great product.

packrat
02-17-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm 6'3" and wife is 5'4". Where we each like the seat, the pedal works great. I'm stretched out and she granny's it. She drives a Jetta with a foot rest and says this pedal feels the same to her.

IMO you can't go wrong with this dead pedal from M.O.O.R.E.. I agree with johnharr about the quality and instructions.

BLACK JK
03-10-2009, 05:01 AM
I'm a lucky guy. Since I'm personal friends with Allen @ M.O.R.E., and mentioned that I wanted a dead pedal, he took the idea and ran with it.

Friday he delivered to me the newest addition to the M.O.R.E. family of fine Jeep products. Here it the new finished product, total bolt on, no drilling at all. I had it installed in about 10 minutes.

I believe he said it will sell for less then 40 bucks, but don't quote me on that. M.O.R.E. can be reached @ 970-625-0500, or www.mountainoffroad.com

this looks like a really great mod! no drilling plus easy install. might just have to order!

BLACK JK
03-10-2009, 08:31 AM
just got off the phone with steve from MORE. it's on the way. should be here friday. never gave this much thought till the last few evenings driving home. if it's about the same level as the brake pedal, it should be fine.
another JEEPOCKET buy...:shaking:

jkdrone
03-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Im 5' 10'' and have no problems with it. I guess it all depends on how you have the seat set up. Do you do the lean back gangsta driving , or the sucking the cluster grandma style.

Hehe, it's funny that you mention that. I'm about the same height and I do the "Straight 90 degrees with everything in my face" seating style, Hate having my left foot forward at all (even near a pedal) when driving, it's more comfortable for me to bring it back, and let it sit on top of the forward seat mount, resting against the door. Having it forward causes my leg to go numb from the seat edge. (Seat's set at highest setting.)

Guess everybody has their own style!

!c

firewire
03-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Ordered a Black one this morning. After reading this thread over and over I notice how much I miss a dead pedal more and more!

BLACK JK
03-20-2009, 10:20 AM
installed it today. the quality of this piece is beyond any words. looks like a factory piece. only better! install is easy with good instructions and hardware. thanks to steve at mountian off road for great service.

firewire
03-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Got mine today too and installed it. Very easy. Definitely in the top 5 things to do for a Jeep under $50!!!!! :stirthepot:

RODICON
03-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Real nice.

J.PIRY@COMCAST.NET
03-23-2009, 06:56 AM

do you think he will send me one because i ordered 2= 1" body lifts (mine and the sons) :D:D "ya, i know for $39.00 + shipping" but i will probably order 1 soon i like being able to push myself back in the seat for that "OH ****"

St Fuz
04-21-2009, 11:59 AM
"I'm a lucky guy. Since I'm personal friends with Allen @ M.O.R.E., and mentioned that I wanted a dead pedal, he took the idea and ran with it.

BTW, the driving is far batter with the pedal installed. Atta-boy, Allen."

Orderd this last week. Got it yesterday. Had it on in 10 minutes. Drove it this morning. Man was my left leg comfortable. NICE MOD!! Very good product.