you almost got me [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: you almost got me

Grant211
09-11-2008, 09:45 AM
I was on my way to work this morning and I saw a 4 door jeep on the road. It was even lifted which isn't the norm around here. I was fortunate to get next to while driving to work. I immediately saw the "Rubicon" decal on the hood. I was shocked... That would be the first 4 door rubicon and even lifted in my area. Then I start noticing some things....

No rockrails (not sure if you took them off)
No tint on soft top (not sure if this is an option)
Spare wheel was the one on the base x.(not sure if you swapped out wheels and tires with somebody)

If you are reading this.... you almost had me fooled with the Rubicon sticker and your jeep looks pretty cool!

Big A
09-11-2008, 10:14 AM
I never will understand the logic of putting RUBICON stickers on... Thats like calling a Corvette a Ferrari...

It's not the same thing! :laughing:

I am close to debadging mine, As i would rather people acknowledge me as a Jeep owner, Instead of a RUBICON owner.

Just Sayin'

Bigjerm
09-11-2008, 11:37 AM
agree. When I had my X i took the sticker off... then later wish I didnt so all the Rubicon owners knew it was an X when I was right beside them

:thefinger:

Now i drive the Rubicon :grinpimp:

tgrt
09-11-2008, 02:06 PM
I like the Rubicon stickers. And I am not a sticker lover. However, if I didn't have a Rubicon I wouldn't be odd enough to put them on.

ColinW
09-11-2008, 11:25 PM
I have a Rubicon and my soft top windows aren't tinted...

Grant211
09-12-2008, 05:47 AM
I have a Rubicon and my soft top windows aren't tinted...

Thanks for clarifying - i thought they all came with tinted windows...

Maybe this jeep i saw really was a rubicon? I guess I'll never know