TEXAS JKOWNER MEMBERS... [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: TEXAS JKOWNER MEMBERS...

StubEXrube
09-10-2008, 05:54 PM
PhilD, BeachRunner, bodyguy, kerry, jocrazy, terrahawk, cowboy49, jeffmarion, jkdrone, Rescue1, Paul08Wrangler, ToyFamily, Swinge86, tank, Duke, etc...

*Hope you all stay safe this weekend. Please let me know if anybody needs any help after this storm passes. If my vehicles, house, and garage make it through this thing and I don't have to help out family or have my own stuff to repair or deal with...then I would be happy to help in any way that I can. Clean-up, a ride (around the central Tx/ Austin area, tools, supplies, winching or cutting downed trees, whatever...Just shoot me a PM or email and let me know how I can help. Good luck you guys...

karnuvore
09-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Hang on over there. Shoot some video. Go swimming if you can - it's intense. And stock up on party supplies:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn142/Karnuvore/SANY0091.jpg

Good luck.

StubEXrube
09-10-2008, 08:56 PM
10-4 on that...you redneck hippie hybrid (that's a funny profile). Man, we moved from Galveston a few years ago after going thru Rita. Thought we wouldnt have to deal w/ this sh!t anymore, but it looks like still a cat 2 by the time it gets to central Tx. so we'll see. They say cat 3 to 4 at landfall. Yikes! Time to chill the:beer::beer::beer:

StubEXrube
09-10-2008, 09:50 PM
These were taken in Galveston Texas a couple days after the storm. Not too bad in most places, but almost complete devastation in other areas.

jkdrone
09-11-2008, 07:39 AM
I'm in downtown Houston, less than a mile from the Toyota center. Anyone in the area feel free to drop me a PM for my phone # and address, I'll be in the area all weekend, and will be glad to help with anything if needed. Have a reasonable amount of supplies, lots of water, etc. If you need a hand with anything, just let me know.

!c

jeffmarion
09-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the offer StubEXrube. I am a couple miles north of the Evac zones, so I will be staying put.... May Head down to the coast afterward to see if there is anything I can do to help... Depends on what kind of damage we get here. I will have both laptops charged and the aircard ready :)

Big A
09-11-2008, 11:14 AM
HERE (http://www.stormpulse.com/) is the best program to track the hurricanes...

Stay safe Brothers

kerryp
09-11-2008, 01:16 PM
ehhh, we should be ok up here...unless one of my 100 year old pines falls and crushes my house (might wanna check to make sure I'm not sqooshed :grinpimp:). You guys in the coastal plains be careful. As always if you do need anythin, let us know,,,,,don't know if i'll be able to get there though since they shut down 290 and its all going one direction now....away from Houston...

Rescue1
09-16-2008, 06:25 AM
made it through without too much damage, and finally got power last night.

everybody else ok?

PhilD
09-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Last Tuesday/Wednesday when it was heading straight for us, i was a little concerned to say the least. We are 10.5' above sea level and 800 yds from the Gulf. As it turned out we dodged the bullet, but Gilchrist and the barrier island cities up that way are pretty much gone.

Hope everyone further up the coast is safe.

We had some minor damage/flooding down here, and quite a lot of beach erosion, but nothing compared to the folks further up.

PhilD
09-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Here's some pics from around the web that begin to show some of the damage.

Grover
09-16-2008, 01:16 PM
it was pretty windy all the way up here in Texarkana, TX. My electricity was back on within 48 hours. I even have cable back now too. My heart is with you guys that suffered loss. I hope everyone is ok and no one had too much property loss.

jeffmarion
09-16-2008, 06:32 PM
We took some damage, but nothing like they did in Galveston, Bolivar, and Crystal Beach area. We took a tree to the house, took out an eave. Lots of debri.

The subdivision is heavily wooded. Lots of trees down, trees wrapped in power lines, power lines down, power poles in houses etc.....

Still without power. Running on a generator.

Rescued a mama squirrel and 3 newborn squirrles. Also rescued 2 more infant squirrels that were maybe 2 weeks old but couldn't find the mama. We bottled fed them for 2 days until we could get ahold of TWC.

Here are some pics of my neighborhood and house
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/TxCrawler_photos/IKE/?start=all

StubEXrube
09-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Glad to hear all is well...I'm sure you've seen by now that Gilchrest is completely gone...and so is much of Crystal Beach. The news from the island actually seems to get worse every day. You can tell that Lyda Ann and Steve LeBlanc are holding back on some of the speculation of what it will take to rebuild (and how long). You are truly fortunate to have the generator as they are completely sold out of them as far west as Austin. Nice to see that your humanity for the stranded wildlife hasn't taken a back seat with all that's happened. We (my girlfriend and I) have rescued and rehabed quite a few birds, dogs, squirrels, and even a large speckled kingsnake in the past.

PhilD
09-17-2008, 06:29 AM
Sorry to hear about the tree damage Jeff, but glad you are okay.

Swinge86
09-17-2008, 05:09 PM
I've been living near the Galleria for about a month and a half. Decided to leave last monday (the fact that I had nothing to do all week played in that factor as well). Talked my roommate into getting his family, who live in League City, and get the heck out. I talked to him a few days ago and he said that somehow his mother's house had minor damage to the actual house and the worst thing that happened was that the fence was gone! The apartment in the Galleria has a puddle of water near the balcony door, but thats all. I hope everyone in the area made it through okay. I'm heading back to houston this weekend, so if anyone needs any helping fixing up anything, give me a shout over PM and we can exchange info.