Relcoating to Boone, NC [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Relcoating to Boone, NC

cntryislandboy
07-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Hey guys got a question, I was just wondering if there are any good wheeling spots around Boone, NC? My wife and I are thinking of moving there in the next couple years once my contract is up in the Air Force. And if it's not to much to ask i am assuming there is some good hiking within say 45 minutes or so. I'm from Gatlinburg, Tn just never been over to the Boone side of the mountain. Thanks

tkob1060
07-05-2010, 05:08 PM
check this list out
http://www.nc4x4.com/where-to-go-wheeling/

cntryislandboy
07-05-2010, 05:43 PM
thanks, i'll check it out

JohnnyWalker
07-05-2010, 07:16 PM
W-T-F??????

You say you're from Gatlinburg, and you NEVER, EVER went to Boone? I call shenanigans.

EDIT: I retract Shenanigans. Some may not have gotten out as much as I did, or be interested in the Boone... ahem... "scene".

Check out Blowing Rock.

kerryp
07-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Boone is an awesome little town, one of my favorite places to go when I lived in NC

levellinebrad
07-05-2010, 07:45 PM
i think its about 15 min from boone to Callalantee OHV in Mountain City Tn. Awesome wheelin. Also, just down 221 S about 1hr is the Flats which is a private club with good wheelin. Probably a few other spots that the locals know of.

cntryislandboy
07-06-2010, 07:04 AM
JohnnyWalker- was never actually into wheelin when I lived in Gatlinburg, it wasn't untill a few years ago I became interested, and since my jeep purchase a couple months ago i have been able to play around a bit. We figured we would just pick Boone maybe since it's close to all of our family, Knoxville, Myrtle Beach, and Atlanta, well little fair from ATL, but overall pretty close to everyone, nothing that can't be done on a long weekend trip. and now after doing some research I am thinking we have made a good choice, it seems like a nice place to live.

JohnnyWalker
07-06-2010, 04:01 PM
JohnnyWalker- was never actually into wheelin when I lived in Gatlinburg, it wasn't untill a few years ago I became interested, and since my jeep purchase a couple months ago i have been able to play around a bit. We figured we would just pick Boone maybe since it's close to all of our family, Knoxville, Myrtle Beach, and Atlanta, well little fair from ATL, but overall pretty close to everyone, nothing that can't be done on a long weekend trip. and now after doing some research I am thinking we have made a good choice, it seems like a nice place to live.
I grew up in Hamblen County. I'd make it to Seveir County quite often, and Boone was a little longer trip. I hope you can tolerate hippies.... Boone is a quirky place.

Purves
07-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Boone's an awesome place for sure! Too bad there isn't a strong job market there, or else i'd consider moving there.

johnmcd
07-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Boone is a blast, I'd love to relocate there if I could swing it now. Its a really hip town.