08 jk TPMS .... tire pressure alarm [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: 08 jk TPMS .... tire pressure alarm

jeepdaddy
09-02-2008, 02:46 PM
so i just got an '08unlimited rubi . swaped out the tires/ wheels for a set of 18x8 moto's on 35" km2's with the factory tpms valve stems. the valve stems were not from my jeep but from an 07 with the tpms....i really though all would be good but it's not i get the dang low tire alarm. does it need reprogrammed to the new valves? can i do it or should i take it to a dealer... can i disable it alltogether? as big as they are i don't think they will hold up offroad very long

Alec W
09-02-2008, 03:58 PM
It should work.

No need to re-program
What PSI are you putting in the new tires? Mine took about 36 PSI in all 5 before the light went out.
Are there two sets of sensors in close proximity? That confused mine at first.
No way to change the pressure sensitivity or turn off the system that I am aware of.

StubEXrube
09-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Please be aware that you cannot use Fix-a-flat without potential clogging issues...and they can be pretty expensive (up to $70+...each) if need to replace from damage etc...

My JK doesn't seem to care that I am no longer using them. On long trips the ind. chimes just once (several consecutive chimes + ind light) but after returning home it seems to "reset itself" the following day. Doesn't seem to have any long term effect on the computer...ie: No thrown codes. Haven't used them for almost a year.

vegasjeep
09-02-2008, 10:52 PM
have not used mine since mile 5. I have however been working on a little bypass to not hear the ding at all.

Prope
09-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Hey Jason, give me a call one of these days... I'm working on something for my tpms sensors and maybe we can make a pair and save on some material costs!

gold knight
09-05-2008, 02:32 PM
I just read through the owners manual and it doesn't say anything about the sensors being matched to the receiver. On a side note it does say it only monitors the four "road tires" and ignores the pressure in the spare (or can't read it that far away).

I have read before that people have taken theirs to the dealer to have the low pressure limit reset for different tire pressures so I'm sure it can be done, I just couldn't find a link readily.

HTH,
GK

Deltadawn
09-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Alec is right, no need to reprogram.. I had a ford mechanic put my new tires on and he new exactly how to by-pass the tire monitoring system. I used to have a mustang and really liked the ford dealership, so I sometimes take my jeep to ford as well.:skull: A good mechanic is a good mechanic.

cowboy49
10-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Can you get infro from the Ford mechanic on how to bypass the system? We have an 08 Dodge at the ranch, lots of sandy land, usually need to run lower presssures. Would be nice for ranch hand to turn it off.

Alec W
10-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Can you get infro from the Ford mechanic on how to bypass the system? We have an 08 Dodge at the ranch, lots of sandy land, usually need to run lower presssures. Would be nice for ranch hand to turn it off.

X2! I have to overinflate mine to get the TMPS light off.

Deltadawn
10-05-2008, 04:18 PM

Sorry, I didn't get his name. ;)

Jason @ Warrior
10-07-2008, 11:52 AM
If someone could figure out how to disable this, that'd be awesome.

I didn't really feel like putting the sensors inside of the 35's on the beadlocks...just seemed silly.

Brian
10-07-2008, 06:10 PM
The dealer can reconfigure your vehicles configuration and take out certain options. I assume that the TPM can be taken away also, but I have never tried...maybe something to look into.. As far as changing the TPM pressure setting, it is very easy for a dealer to do, but you can't pick just any setting, you have to choose from predetermined setting, and parameters for when the light comes on...ie: 32 psi setting, with a 6psi variance.....or the like.

not normal
12-02-2010, 10:37 PM
if you go out and buy a "AEV" ProCal Module you can set all the tire pressures to be equal, at 0!!! I got one to fix spedo issues on larger tires and it does more with a small price tag. Call Bond at Rebel Offroad and tell him "Not Normal" sent you. He will take care of ya

WeGo4x4
12-02-2010, 11:06 PM
I have 5 extra TPMS sensors if anyone is interested. I also bought my ProCal used from the for sale section for around $80. I see them posted ever so ofter for around $80-$100.