v8 conversion for jk [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: v8 conversion for jk

shawn calvin
06-18-2010, 09:33 PM
is anyone make a conversion kit or parts to put a chevy engine in the jk. i am wanting to do a swap on mine and put a ls engine in it. i do not want a hemi !!
i have a tj with a 5.3 in it , and love it.

also looking for some axles shafts for rubi 44, let me know if you have any.

thanks shawn

lamar95x4
06-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Jeep Speed Shop is working on it and plans to have a kit out by the end of the year.

Mike

Broncojohn
06-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Ran into this a while back:

YouTube - Jeep Wrangler 5.3 LS swap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9u3mFw0W_A&NR=1)

ALASHA
06-19-2010, 06:11 AM
Ran into this a while back:

YouTube - Jeep Wrangler 5.3 LS swap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9u3mFw0W_A&NR=1)

This build was done in Dubai so money wasnt exactly an issue. Also I dont know how well everything was integrated with this swap. His dash may be a christmas tree.

Rockafella
06-19-2010, 06:39 AM
I'd be more worried about the lights and OBD inspections etc. w/ the LS swap. But being a GM guy (had a cam'd, sprayed LS7 C6Z06), I must admit that there's no comparison between the Hemi and LSengines. Once you bring the aftermarket into play, LS' are tough to beat period.

Would love to have an LS3 in my 2010 Unlimited Rubi:bounce:

Rock Krawler Suspension
06-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Check out the E Rod Series from GM!

http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/

Todd at Jeep Speed Shop is working on this swap as well. This will give you a stand along ECU and a emissions certificate so it is valid in every state. Then you will finnally be able to ditch all the OEM electronics! As Jeep people we don't need a computer how to drive our Jeep. We know some enthusiast really like ESP, but ESP is an insurance thing. Learn to drive! Sorry about the rant!

Rock Krawler

ALASHA
06-19-2010, 12:30 PM
I'd be more worried about the lights and OBD inspections etc. w/ the LS swap. But being a GM guy (had a cam'd, sprayed LS7 C6Z06), I must admit that there's no comparison between the Hemi and LSengines. Once you bring the aftermarket into play, LS' are tough to beat period.

Would love to have an LS3 in my 2010 Unlimited Rubi:bounce:

No doubt the LS7 is a serious engine but its a little unfair to compare it to the hemi because **most have only driven the 6.1 which is substanially smaller in displacement than the LS7 (7.0)

ALASHA
06-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Check out the E Rod Series from GM!

http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/

Todd at Jeep Speed Shop is working on this swap as well. This will give you a stand along ECU and a emissions certificate so it is valid in every state. Then you will finnally be able to ditch all the OEM electronics! As Jeep people we don't need a computer how to drive our Jeep. We know some enthusiast really like ESP, but ESP is an insurance thing. Learn to drive! Sorry about the rant!

Rock Krawler

I think it was Horsepower TV that did that swap into a factory five car I believe.

Thats a $7500+ motor not including trans. Seems like it will be a pretty expensive swap.

desert dog
06-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Very eager to see what becomes of this. I would love to run an LS in my Jeep!

Jagrmaister
06-19-2010, 02:26 PM
No doubt the LS7 is a serious engine but its a little unfair to compare it to the hemi because **most have only driven the 6.1 which is substanially smaller in displacement than the LS7 (7.0)

He was just saying LS engines...not specifically the LS7. So compare a LS3 to the 6.1...or even a LS2/6/or 1...for that matter...

Those motors rock, especially when modded. I've owned 2 Z06s in a former life (2003, 2008) and the LS6 could take a beating and when simply cammed it was a complete beast.

No offense to the the Hemi as those that can afford the swap I completely envy, but if the swap to an LS was no more hassle and similar cost (and of course, I could even afford it)........My Jeep would be GM-powered.......

Broncojohn
06-19-2010, 03:14 PM
I'd run the LS. When the Jeep gets to the point of Trailer queen I'll probably do something like that.

JK07
06-19-2010, 11:06 PM
That is gold news if someone working on LS conversion. By far the best engine u can put in jeep. cant wait