Ocala Run - September [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Ocala Run - September

karnuvore
09-01-2008, 04:20 PM
I wanna do an Ocala pinstriping ...I mean trail riding run this month. Anyone wanna go? What's a good weekend if you do?

Im ready to get the ball rolling on some rides.

H8T2W8T
09-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Venture Jeeps is planning a camping/wheeling trip to Ocala the weekend of Sep 26-28. We're not sure if we're going to stay at Hardrock or in the forest yet. I'll let you know.

karnuvore
09-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Yeah let me know. Im not too interested in camping hard rock when it's full, but I'd like to ride the forest. I got the new lift on and I GOTTA RIDE.

FL JEEPN
09-01-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm in for a ride....I would rather not pinstripe my JK though.

karnuvore
09-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Well my idea was to ride the treadlightly trail. All of it that has been posted. I know some of it is pretty much a high probability pinstripe section. I know it cuz I hung the signs on it lol.

We can compromise though. We'll figure it out. What's a good weekend? I am full up the weekend of the 13th. Good this coming weekend though.

Grant211
09-01-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm in for a ride....I would rather not pinstripe my JK though.

you took the words right out of my mouth. :D

smokey
09-01-2008, 08:33 PM
I may be game but I think this month is going to be a little crazy, so I am not sure if I will be able to make it. I will watch this post so depending on which weekend you decide to go I might be able to make it.

karnuvore
09-01-2008, 08:56 PM
FWIW..I'd rather not pinstripe my JK, but in Ocala it's hard not to. Narrow trails. I just wanted the disclaimer right up front. I am pretty sure I am running up there next weekend regardless.

FL JEEPN
09-02-2008, 04:34 AM
you took the words right out of my mouth. :D

I was thinking about ya Grant....:bounce:

I can't do it the on Sat. the 13 or any Sat. after that. The little man starts soccer. The weekend of the 20th is bad, my mother will be in town to see the first soccer game. I could do it on Sunday the 14th. I could do it the 28th too. I really want to get up there and check it out.

Show us a pic of the rig with the new lift on it..........

karnuvore
09-02-2008, 07:40 AM
I was thinking about ya Grant....:bounce:

I can't do it the on Sat. the 13 or any Sat. after that. The little man starts soccer. The weekend of the 20th is bad, my mother will be in town to see the first soccer game. I could do it on Sunday the 14th. I could do it the 28th too. I really want to get up there and check it out.

Show us a pic of the rig with the new lift on it..........

How about this sunday, the 7th? I am at some hippy festival the following sunday. Here's a pic of the new rig: http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3039&page=2

I am 90% going this sunday. I could probably go on the 28th again as well.

FL JEEPN
09-02-2008, 08:54 AM
How about this sunday, the 7th? I am at some hippy festival the following sunday. Here's a pic of the new rig: http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3039&page=2

I am 90% going this sunday. I could probably go on the 28th again as well.

The 7th is a maybe..I have to consult with the planning commission. The 28th is probably more doable though. I'll chat with said commission tonight and let you know what the verdict is.

FL JEEPN
09-02-2008, 02:53 PM
One of the folks on the other forum post a link to a form that I'm not registered on. Anyway, said something about we may want to scout before we head to Ocala. I'm assuming trails are blocked. Any way to check this out?

Link is now gone..thread deleted.

karnuvore
09-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Well I know for sure the tread lighty trail system is open. And...some guys from the FJOA forum went riding there last weekend and pics looked good. There's 10 billion trillion miles of trails out there...we'll find somewhere to ride.

FL JEEPN
09-02-2008, 06:13 PM
info from other forum:

But, anyway, thought I'd fill you in on ONF. Pirates of Moor went out to scout for a night ride after Fay and found all types of destruction. Trees down, big washouts and water over the trails. This was the area off of 42 East of Highway 19 (Altoona/Paisley area).

Weekend before I took the girls to FR 572. Got about a mile or two in and found a newly formed lake. Being by myself and much older and wiser I chose to back out gracefully. Good thing. One of the Pirates went through it in his stock height Golden Eagle TJ and the water went halfway up his doors. Which would have sucked for me...no doors!

I still would like to check it out....

Grant211
09-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Well I know for sure the tread lighty trail system is open. And...some guys from the FJOA forum went riding there last weekend and pics looked good. There's 10 billion trillion miles of trails out there...we'll find somewhere to ride.

Find some trails that won't promote pinstriping and you would possibly see me out there.

H8T2W8T
09-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Venture Jeeps is planning a camping/wheeling trip to Ocala the weekend of Sep 26-28. We're not sure if we're going to stay at Hardrock or in the forest yet. I'll let you know.

The Venture Jeeps Club(more of just friends with jeeps and wrenches) is planning making it a camping/wheeling trip. It will also be one our guys birthday. We still haven't decided on the camping location yet, but it will be between HardRock or Jeep Trail 77 area. The only downfall of camping at 77 would be -no one to watch camp while we are out wheeling at HardRock. There is however a good amount of wheeling to be had at 77. That is still an option. Who knows, we may just break down and camp and wheel off 77.

karnuvore
09-03-2008, 09:24 PM
I am definitely going to be in the forest Sunday. If anyone from the other forum wants to go:

karnuvore@gmail.com or pm me here.