Broken Left Leg & RROR Tube Fender Install [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Broken Left Leg & RROR Tube Fender Install

cruzcode
06-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Hey everybody, I haven't fallen off the face of the planet, instead I BROKE MY LEFT LEG!

This has delayed my drivetrain upgrades, bc I can't very well manipulate installing front ends and the like with one leg!

I am planning hopping around and installing my RROR Tube Fenders tomorrow, but know I'm going to be limited, since they haven't released me from the hospital yet. If anyone is down for coming up to Brentwood, CA to aid in the fender install, and hang for a bit, I would like that. Just PM me (or local NorCal guys can text), if you're interested.

Thanks!

RC

Mr.RonGilbert
06-05-2010, 06:57 AM
Damn Dood..... get well soon and get some help with tha chit instead of hobbling around by yourself.

tkob1060
06-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Damn Dood..... get well soon and get some help with tha chit instead of hobbling around by yourself.

x2 be careful hobbling around

rubirobv
06-05-2010, 04:26 PM
My son has football signups tomorrow at noon. I could drive over and lend a hand after. Maybe 1:30 or 2:00 pm. Email or pm your address and I'll be there. Sorry to hear about your broken leg.

09rubicon
06-07-2010, 11:47 AM
I guess I am a little late on the reply. Sorry to hear about the leg. Just let me know if you need anything, did you get the fenders on??

Marcy
06-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your leg! I would offer help but I'd just be more of a pain than I would be of any actual help.

cruzcode
06-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks to everyone, for the good wishes on the leg, and for several offers to help! I really, really, appreciate it!

RubiRob came by, and was a huge help! Rob and Gib (my roommate and mechanical partner on projects) attacked the project, while I felt guilty sitting on lawn chairs with my leg propped up trying to keep myself from jumping in! Man I wanted to work on it too!

The RROR fenders are truly a piece of art, when it comes to craftsmanship. Unfortunately the directions weren't the best, so that slowed us down quite a bit. We managed to get all of the factory fenders off (saving almost all of the retaining clips), and successfully installed the REAR fenders.

The fronts still remain, and need to be installed, now that I have some insight from Kenny on the process.

ROB: Are you available to swing back out tomorrow afternoon after work??? Gib is off work tomorrow, and said he would be down to knock out the fronts, now that we have the blueprint on how to install them.

I think these fenders are going to look wicked, especially with the brand new 37x13.50x17 Toyos I just put on it!

Thanks everybody, talk soon!

RC

cruzcode
06-08-2010, 10:03 PM
I guess I am a little late on the reply. Sorry to hear about the leg. Just let me know if you need anything, did you get the fenders on??

Yes, today, the second day of installation, after some coordination with Kenny on installation instructions, and help from RubiRob and my roommate Gib, the fenders are finally installed.

Rob, thank you so much for coming up to help install these things, as I know they were a pain in the ass to install. As I said, just like Don Vito Corleone, "I know how to return a favor..."

These River Raider Off-Road narrow-width tube fenders are solid, and look great on my rig. They were just an enormous pita to install. It took two guys and a supervisor w/ a broken leg (me), roughly 11 hours to install all four of them, and we almost destroyed my factory electrical wiring harness in the process of the drilling the required holes!

...BUT that's okay, because these things are on, they look bitchin', and they give me dump-truck loads of clearance! Now..., moving onto the lift and drivetrain...

Again, many thanks to RubiRob for your assistance! :beer:

RC

rubirobv
06-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Not a problem. I enjoyed meeting everyone and lending a hand. I like the look of the River Raider flares too. I had a good time hanging out with you and Gib. Gib is freakin funny.

Rob

Marcy
06-09-2010, 02:27 PM
I think a Carnegie trip needs to be planned!

rubirobv
06-09-2010, 07:21 PM

It would be an honor to meet a TV Star ;)

Proud Rebel
06-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Hey everybody, I haven't fallen off the face of the planet, instead I BROKE MY LEFT LEG!

This has delayed my drivetrain upgrades, bc I can't very well manipulate installing front ends and the like with one leg!

I am planning hopping around and installing my RROR Tube Fenders tomorrow, but know I'm going to be limited, since they haven't released me from the hospital yet. If anyone is down for coming up to Brentwood, CA to aid in the fender install, and hang for a bit, I would like that. Just PM me (or local NorCal guys can text), if you're interested.

Thanks!

RC

I know how you feel Dude, I broke my leg 5 weeks ago and I still have another 6 to 8 weeks to go before I get a boot to walk in. I have parts laying all over the house right now, I'm hitting up some friends this week end to help out also. Here's a pic of how they fixed my leg and ankle... get well soon bro!!!!
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/proudrebel1/Photo0163_edited-1.jpg

cruzcode
06-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Not a problem. I enjoyed meeting everyone and lending a hand. I like the look of the River Raider flares too. I had a good time hanging out with you and Gib. Gib is freakin funny.

Rob

Rob, oh there is no doubt that Gib is funny... Sometimes his wild stories crack me up!

Marcy, I think that is a great idea! Although I'll need to wait a bit, due to the broken leg... :)

On another note, I was messaging Rob to see if we he thought of maybe all of us NorCal JKOers, getting a Rubicon run together for late August, September, or early October. My thought was that we could all set a date, plan well in advance, and it would give some of us (no name's mentioned) time to heal their "wounds", and of course give everyone plenty of time to stockpile funds, supplies, and do any mods' that may be in the cards over the next few months.

I'm relatively new to the NorCal JKO group, so I know that you veterans may know more people that should come, but I was thinking of the following for sure:

Marcy
Me (cruzcode)
RubiRobv
09Rubicon
geekguy
Eugene
sbron
toadintheroad
Any other JKOers that want to join, or that should come!

Just think! This could be freaking awesome, if we all plan out well in advance for this, save up, get our mods' done, etc. :bounce:

Let me know what you and all of the other NorCal-ers think of this, because I think it could be great!

RC

rubirobv
06-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Finally getting a NorCal Crew together. I've been waiting for two years. I'm so freakin happy man :bawling:

cruzcode
06-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Proud Rebel,

Wow. Let me say that again... Wow. Well, from one injured leg JK wheeler to another, I feel you...

My situation was that I broke the tib and the fib (one above the ankle, and the other below the knee). What was worse, is that I had "compartment syndrome", where the swelling fills up the four 'compartments' in the lower leg, and cuts of blood flow to the muscle, bone, and nerves. It was in a splint, and I wasn't going to get surgery until the next day. Fortunately, I had a great surgeon, who was called in, because although I was in pain, it was extra-ordinary pain, and according to the surgeon, it was abnormal. They did some checking, felt this, grazed that, and determined I had compartment syndrome.

If they had not caught this, by morning, they would have had to amputate the bottom portion of my left leg! Wow, so I am so completely thankful (up above), and to the surgeon for figuring this out, and essentially saving my leg. I have 2 weeks with my leg up over my heart to reduce swelling, then another 8 weeks on crutches and no load-bearing on that leg, followed by another 10 weeks of no exercise, running, or weight-training on the leg either. FUN.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your break, get better soon, and happy wheeling, as soon as possible!

cruzcode
06-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Finally getting a NorCal Crew together. I've been waiting for two years. I'm so freakin happy man :bawling:

SWEET!!! :bounce:

RC

Marcy
06-09-2010, 10:30 PM

Can the meetings be held at Donut Wheel?

It would be an honor to meet a TV Star ;)

I would hardly call Mr. Jerome a TV star :thefinger:

09rubicon
06-10-2010, 09:04 AM

I am game (when I am in town that is). Just let me know when and where!!!

cruzcode
06-10-2010, 10:30 AM
I am game (when I am in town that is). Just let me know when and where!!!

Scott, you do realize that it will completely unacceptable to the group, if while we're all halfway through the Rubicon together, a Blackhawk Helicopter drops down a rope ladder, and pulls you away for an assignment, right??? :laughing:

RC

cruzcode
06-10-2010, 11:30 AM
APOLOGY: I have to apologize to Alan a.k.a. "GeekGuy" for not including him in the bulleted NorCal list above. I have since made the edit, and added him in!!! Alan and his rig are awesome, and these freaking pain meds that they have me on for my leg, are not allowing me to think clearly!!!

Sorry Alan, can't wait to get together with you again!

RC

Marcy
06-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Marcy, I think that is a great idea! Although I'll need to wait a bit, due to the broken leg... :)

If you're able to drive out there, you can ride in my Jeep for the day.

Fnord5
06-10-2010, 03:22 PM

Looks like a mostly stock JK would still be able to have fun out there eh?
Would only be an hour and a half to get there. Let me know when :grinpimp:

cruzcode
06-10-2010, 03:49 PM
If you're able to drive out there, you can ride in my Jeep for the day.

Sounds good! Maybe I can in a couple of weeks, in this case.

This would be the wounded wheeler that you'd be carrying around... Fortunately, I have shaved since the hospital...

RC

cruzcode
06-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Looks like a mostly stock JK would still be able to have fun out there eh?
Would only be an hour and a half to get there. Let me know when :grinpimp:

Yes, a stock JK will make up and down the step climb, the frame twister, and possibly the rock climb. I witnessed a stock, Toyota SUV (I believe) go up the step climb, with some driving and finesse, and he did a great job.

Either way, you can bring it out, and get a better feel about your JK, which can lead you toward what you wish to modify first.

RC

cruzcode
06-10-2010, 03:55 PM

x2 be careful hobbling around

I took the advice from both of you, and took on some much needed help from RubiRob and my roommate. It was much safer. :beer:

RC

Fnord5
06-10-2010, 03:55 PM
I have bumpers, sliders, and a winch, so I am down to try just about anything. :bounce::bounce:

Keep me in the loop for the trip.:beer:

09rubicon
06-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Scott, you do realize that it will completely unacceptable to the group, if while we're all halfway through the Rubicon together, a Blackhawk Helicopter drops down a rope ladder, and pulls you away for an assignment, right??? :laughing:

RC

So it happened one time and you will never let me live it down.......WTF????:beer:

Marcy
06-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Carnegie July 10th?

Fnord5
06-11-2010, 03:02 PM
That would work for me, a friend is having her 30th b-day party on the 9th, and I'll just get the 10th off too!:beer:

cruzcode
06-11-2010, 08:28 PM
So, if I can hobble my happy ass up there on the 10th, can I play with you guys?

:bounce:

RC

Fnord5
06-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Just put in my request for the 10th and 11th off. :bounce:

09rubicon
06-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Just put in my request for the 10th and 11th off. :bounce:

I am taking the 6th thru the 20th off myself. I just may have to head out and see you guys there!

cruzcode
06-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Ahhh, sorry I can't make the 10th guys. I forgot I am hosting an Employee Appreciation Party on that day for all of my locations. I can make the 11th, but the 10th is a no go for "Gimpy RC." :(

RC

cruzcode
06-13-2010, 11:43 AM
I am taking the 6th thru the 20th off myself. I just may have to head out and see you guys there!

14 days off?!?!? That is outstanding! I may have the need to commandere some of your time for some "wrench-time" up at my place!

RC

09rubicon
06-13-2010, 12:44 PM
14 days off?!?!? That is outstanding! I need may have to commandere some of your time for some "wrench-time" up at my place!

RC

I can do that, all except the 16th thru the 18th. I will be up on the Rubicon doing a run.

Fnord5
06-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Ahhh, sorry I can't make the 10th guys. I forgot I am hosting an Employee Appreciation Party on that day for all of my locations. I can make the 11th, but the 10th is a no go for "Gimpy RC." :(

RC

The 11th would work for me.:beer:

Marcy
06-14-2010, 09:37 AM
The 11th works for me

cruzcode
06-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Excellent. Hopefully I'll have a new "mystery mod" on by then... :)

RC

Fnord5
06-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Excellent. Hopefully I'll have a new "mystery mod" on by then... :)

RC

Bionic leg?:laughing:

cruzcode
06-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Bionic leg?:laughing:

No, unfortunately just like the ARB differential cover for the Dana 44, those (bionic legs) are backorder too!!! :thefinger:

I won't have the PR44 ordered or installed by then, which means I won't be able to "play" per se, but at least I can bring my rig out there with all of you...

RC

Marcy
06-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Can't wait for the 11th, I hope everyone can make it!

09rubicon
06-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Can't wait for the 11th, I hope everyone can make it!

Are you bringing the booze?!!!??

Marcy
06-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Are you bringing the booze?!!!??

I can arrange for that to happen!

09rubicon
06-18-2010, 09:46 PM
I can arrange for that to happen!

Ok, I will be there. Hell I am close enough I can walk home if need be!!!!!

Marcy
06-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Ok, I will be there. Hell I am close enough I can walk home if need be!!!!!

I'll bring a DD for everyone's use LOL

Fnord5
06-19-2010, 08:38 AM
I'll bring a DD for everyone's use LOL

I'll sleep in the Jeep.

Unless DD=the size of something.......:shaking: :innocent::rasta:

cruzcode
06-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Okay everybody, the verdict is IN, and the decision on which long-arm kit that has been purchased, ordered, and is pending delivery & installation, is... (drum role please)...

ROCK KRAWLER 5.5" Triple Threat Long-Arm Lift (w/o coilovers)!!!

I must admit, that this was an excruciating decision, one that went back and forth between Poly's Synergy IV 6" long-arm setup, but in the end RK won by a car length! I'll still love doing business with Poly (and now RK), but for now, RK won this particular battle!

The RK gear is currently being shipped, along with Bilstein 5100's, a Fox Steering Stabilizer, and Extreme Motorsports is on stand-by waiting for the shipment to begin the work! By the next Carnegie outing, the rig will sitting pretty in the new RK setup, with the 37's, and the RROR tubular fenders! (Oh, they're also installing the rear 5.38's, ARB, and 35-spline Superiors, and a Coast 1310 CV, at the same time!)

NOW, here comes the FUN... Let's see if we have any takers for the next phase (July). In early July, I'll figure out how in the hell I need to order the PR44 (caster & pinion angles), order and receive it, along with Reid Knuckles, ARB, and RCVs, and will want to do a self-install at the casa. The broken leg comes into play here. Ordinarily, I would grab one friend, plenty of jackstands, and a weekend, and go to town, however, I know I'm going to need more "wrenchpower" than that for this install, due to the injury.

Would anyone be down for a "PR44 Install Party" at my place in mid/late July??? I can arrange the entertainment, frosty beverages, and plenty to laugh at (me hobbling around with a torque wrench), if you're down to come and help wrench!!! Let me know in advance if this is something that you guys think could happen, or that you would like to do, and I'll try to set it up, pending the steps before it, of course.

Let me know, and we'll talk soon!

RC

09rubicon
06-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Okay everybody, the verdict is IN, and the decision on which long-arm kit that has been purchased, ordered, and is pending delivery & installation, is... (drum role please)...

ROCK KRAWLER 5.5" Triple Threat Long-Arm Lift (w/o coilovers)!!!

I must admit, that this was an excruciating decision, one that went back and forth between Poly's Synergy IV 6" long-arm setup, but in the end RK won by a car length! I'll still love doing business with Poly (and now RK), but for now, RK won this particular battle!

The RK gear is currently being shipped, along with Bilstein 5100's, a Fox Steering Stabilizer, and Extreme Motorsports is on stand-by waiting for the shipment to begin the work! By the next Carnegie outing, the rig will sitting pretty in the new RK setup, with the 37's, and the RROR tubular fenders! (Oh, they're also installing the rear 5.38's, ARB, and 35-spline Superiors, and a Coast 1310 CV, at the same time!)

NOW, here comes the FUN... Let's see if we have any takers for the next phase (July). In early July, I'll figure out how in the hell I need to order the PR44 (caster & pinion angles), order and receive it, along with Reid Knuckles, ARB, and RCVs, and will want to do a self-install at the casa. The broken leg comes into play here. Ordinarily, I would grab one friend, plenty of jackstands, and a weekend, and go to town, however, I know I'm going to need more "wrenchpower" than that for this install, due to the injury.

Would anyone be down for a "PR44 Install Party" at my place in mid/late July??? I can arrange the entertainment, frosty beverages, and plenty to laugh at (me hobbling around with a torque wrench), if you're down to come and help wrench!!! Let me know in advance if this is something that you guys think could happen, or that you would like to do, and I'll try to set it up, pending the steps before it, of course.

Let me know, and we'll talk soon!

RC

I am in, anytime between the 5th and the 15th!!

Fnord5
06-20-2010, 09:58 PM
What are you doing with the one you are replacing?

I might work for an axle. hahaha

rubirobv
06-20-2010, 10:19 PM
What are you doing with the one you are replacing?

I might work for an axle. hahaha

It's a dana 30, no lockers.

rubirobv
06-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Rick,

Very impressive build. I'll be out of town July 16th-19th. Otherwise, I'd very much like to lend a hand. Keep Gib away from anything electrical. ;)

cruzcode
06-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Rick,

Very impressive build. I'll be out of town July 16th-19th. Otherwise, I'd very much like to lend a hand. Keep Gib away from anything electrical. ;)

Rob,

Thanks, it's coming along, piece by piece... Regarding Gib's electrical work, your point is noted (although his fab work is pretty good)!

Well, if you're out of town the 16th - 19th, then I'll just have to make sure to do it before or after those dates, because it would be great to have you back over. For whatever reason, and to me, swapping an entire front end, knuckles, brakes, axles, etc, is less daunting than the thought of putting on those fenders!

Talk soon.

RC

Marcy
06-21-2010, 09:17 AM
I wish I could be of some assistance but unfortunately I can't

09rubicon
06-21-2010, 09:38 AM
I wish I could be of some assistance but unfortunately I can't

You can bring the booze and the moral support, Those two things are just as important as someone turning a wrench.

Marcy
06-21-2010, 09:53 AM
You can bring the booze and the moral support, Those two things are just as important as someone turning a wrench.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: It's not booze, it's installers fluid, necessary for any install! I'm down to go and try to help if he needs it.

09rubicon
06-21-2010, 11:40 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: It's not booze, it's installers fluid, necessary for any install! I'm down to go and try to help if he needs it.

Is that like keeping your brain sufficiently lubricated for proper functioning and to reduce long term wear??:beer:

Fnord5
06-21-2010, 05:18 PM

Why are you in charge of bringing the "installers fluid" ? :laughing:

09rubicon
06-21-2010, 05:53 PM

Because that is something she is very good at!!:grinpimp:

Marcy
06-21-2010, 07:30 PM

This is an excellent question!

cruzcode
06-21-2010, 09:10 PM
This is an excellent question!

That's it. It's unanimous. You're bringing (or at the very least, serving) the installer's fluid!

RC

09rubicon
06-21-2010, 09:21 PM
That's it. It's unanimous. You're bringing (or at the very least, serving) the installer's fluid!

RC

I read this whole thread and I still don't think you told us HOW you broke your leg? Doing something you were not supposed to I bet!

cruzcode
06-21-2010, 10:25 PM
I read this whole thread and I still don't think you told us HOW you broke your leg? Doing something you were not supposed to I bet!

Okay, it's embarassing, but here goes. The girl scout, wouldn't hand over the f***in' Thin Mints, Samoas, and Peanut Butter Patties, so I had to kick the shit out of her, and ended up breaking my leg!

Just kidding.

The short version is that I was out on the water with some friends on Memorial Day weekend, and as we approached a sandbar to "dock" on, I volunteered to jump out, take a dip, swim up, and pull the nose of the boat onto the sand, so we could hang out for a while. Well, I looked over the side, and it looked like it was 4 feet deep or so, so I jumped up really high, and came down straight-legged as if I were reverse diving in. Unfortunately, the water was only SIX INCHES DEEP. I broke both of the bones in my leg immediately, and the swelling and trauma was so bad, it cut-off blood flow to my bone, muscles, and nerves, and they almost had to amputate my lower leg. Seriously. Fortunately, the trauma orthopedic surgeon (Dr. Coufal) at John Muir Walnut Creek, had an instinct about him on why I was in so much pain (besides the break), and decided to do some tests, to determine the leg's condition, which led to emergency surgery (faciaotomy), following by all of the repairs (bolts, plates, lockers, solenoids, screws, crankshafts, etc.) that they installed in my leg. I'm very fortunate to have kept my leg. On crutches for 10 weeks (no weight-bearing), followed by another 10 weeks of therapy and no exercise. So, while I'm down, it's time to improve the rig, so we're both ready in another 7-8 weeks!

That's the story. :shaking:

RC

Fnord5
06-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Good thing you didn't go in head first.

cruzcode
06-21-2010, 10:49 PM

I believe that calls for the infamous "x2" response!!! I still shake my head at this whole thing... :shaking:

But, I'm still here, so I remain eternally optimistic! :bounce:

Mods soon, healing in the meantime, wheelin' next!

RC

StubEXrube
06-21-2010, 11:48 PM

Not to hijack- but that's eerie that you mentioned that.

Many years ago in Stewart FL, my buddy did the same thing except he was diving- same scenario though.....the water looked much deeper than it was. he dove in head first and wound up breaking his spine in 2 places.....almost drown too. To this day he is a quadriplegic. Very obviously, a devastating and life changing incident for he and his family.

Man- So glad to hear that you went in feet 1st, although the pain and recovery must be incredibly frustrating. Very sorry that you are dealing with this.

I hope that you have a full and expeditious recovery. :beer:

09rubicon
06-22-2010, 10:12 AM

Many years ago in Stewart FL, my buddy did the same thing except he was diving- same scenario though.....the water looked much deeper than it was. he dove in head first and wound up breaking his spine in 2 places.....almost drown too. To this day he is a quadriplegic. Very obviously, a devastating and life changing incident for he and his family.

Man- So glad to hear that you went in feet 1st, although the pain and recovery must be incredibly frustrating. Very sorry that you are dealing with this.

Though no one likes to hear a story like what happened to your friend, in Rick's particular case a head landing may have been better. For those of you who have not met him, his super-uber-dooper hold helmet gel may have actually prevented serious injury!:thefinger::beer:

Marcy
06-22-2010, 10:51 AM

RC

Wait, when is this little party happening?

Fnord5
06-22-2010, 11:28 AM

At Carnegie I think.... :confused:

cruzcode
06-22-2010, 12:19 PM

Marcy, the date is undecided, other than mid-late July. I need to have Extreme Motorsports weld-on my Rock Krawler lift. Then I'll measure my pinion angle needs, and phone that intel into Dynatrac, and have my PR44 built to spec, shipped, and delivered. Hopefully, I'll be able to put together a date soon!

At Carnegie I think.... :confused:

Fnord5, nope, not at Carnegie. The "PR44 installation party" would be at my house/garage in Brentwood/Oakley, CA.

After the install, we can follow-up with Carnegie trip to "test and tune", and all of us can get a little wheeling time in. We can put grill-master Scott back to his fine grilling ways as well!

RC

cruzcode
06-22-2010, 12:24 PM

StubExrube,

Thank you for the kind words, and I get chills as I read your posting about your friend. I am extremely thankful, and am just happy to be here. You think about hopping off of a boat into the water for a dip, something so simple, something so innocent, and WHAM, all of a sudden the next 20 weeks have changed. At least, in my case, hopefully it will only be the next 20 weeks. I am very sorry to hear what your friend has had to endure.

RC

Though no one likes to hear a story like what happened to your friend, in Rick's particular case a head landing may have been better. For those of you who have not met him, his super-uber-dooper hold helmet gel may have actually prevented serious injury!:thefinger::beer:

Scott,

That's it. I'm going to be chasing you around on my crutches with my one good leg, the next time I see you!!! :thefinger:

RC

09rubicon
06-22-2010, 02:08 PM
StubExrube,

That's it. I'm going to be chasing you around on my crutches with my one good leg, the next time I see you!!! :thefinger:

RC

If you do that then I cant grill???:beer:

Marcy
06-22-2010, 02:23 PM
If you do that then I cant grill???:beer:

Don't worry I'll grill

09rubicon
06-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Don't worry I'll grill

You have to have skillz to grill. I don't think you are qualified.

Marcy
06-22-2010, 02:37 PM
You have to have skillz to grill. I don't think you are qualified.

You're right, I'm more of an eater than a cooker. Buuut I've seen StubExrube's posts about burgers and I think he is qualified... since he's hanging around the N CA section he must want to visit here, he can join our Carnegie trip.

09rubicon
06-22-2010, 02:43 PM
The more the merrier. I will just throw a couple tri-tips and some burgers on. I make a really good tri-tip for anyone who cares. Ask anyone who has had mine.

StubEXrube
06-22-2010, 03:14 PM
You're right, I'm more of an eater than a cooker. Buuut I've seen StubExrube's posts about burgers and I think he is qualified... since he's hanging around the N CA section he must want to visit here, he can join our Carnegie trip.

LOL. I SOOOOOOO wish. And yes, I am a grilling maniac lately. :D

I still have a dream of one day building a home in the Mt. Shasta area of nor-cal.

Y'all realize that it is like 85% humidity here with a heat index of 103-105 degrees.......yes??? :bawling:

09rubicon- lmao. Yikes! :laughing:

Cruzcode- Thanks for letting me briefly hijack. Please keep your other appendages out of harms way while that leg heals. I hope you are back out on the boat/ trails soon.

:beer:

Marcy
06-22-2010, 03:32 PM
LOL. I SOOOOOOO wish. And yes, I am a grilling maniac lately. :D

I still have a dream of one day building a home in the Mt. Shasta area of nor-cal.

Y'all realize that it is like 85% humidity here with a heat index of 103-105 degrees.......yes??? :bawling:

It's not too bad up there. In my personal opinion the worst part of that area would be that you're close to Redding and Redding sucks!!

StubEXrube
06-22-2010, 03:41 PM
[note to self- do not rent that one bedroom at Redding Ghetto Place Apts that you were looking at last week]

Marcy
06-22-2010, 03:43 PM
[note to self- do not rent that one bedroom at Redding Ghetto Place Apts that you were looking at last week]

Also, Siskiyou county also sucks!!

StubEXrube
06-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Also, Siskiyou county also sucks!!

Golly! Lower Compton is starting to sound better and better. :D

Fnord5
06-22-2010, 09:51 PM
It's not too bad up there. In my personal opinion the worst part of that area would be that you're close to Redding and Redding sucks!!

I was born and raised there. :thefinger:
I can't think of a better place in CA for outdoor activities, two lakes, two mountains, the coast is 2 hours away...

The only time I've been in Livermore, I saw someone commit suicide. I'll take Redding over that.

Marcy
06-22-2010, 10:07 PM
I was born and raised there. :thefinger:
I can't think of a better place in CA for outdoor activities, two lakes, two mountains, the coast is 2 hours away...

:laughing: seriously though, Redding does suck! The only thing it's good for is Kool April Nights.

StubEXrube
06-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Well, although I would avoid Redding.....I would still love to live somewhere in nor-cal close to Mt. Shasta.

Kool April Nights? Sounds like a band or a type of hydro. :confused:

Fnord5
06-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Well, although I would avoid Redding.....I would still love to live somewhere in nor-cal close to Mt. Shasta.

Kool April Nights? Sounds like a band or a type of hydro. :confused:

Hot Rod/Classic Car show.

StubEXrube
06-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Hot Rod/Classic Car show.

LOL. Whoops! I was WAY off........which actually is not uncommon. :p

Thanks for the clarification. :beer:

cruzcode
06-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Meh, the Nor-Cal that is worthy of talking about, is right we're all at. The East Bay. It is 1-2 hours from EVERYTHING. Rubicon, Tahoe, San Francisco, Monterrey/Carmel, the Mountains, Lakes, Snow, Desert, you name it!

It's not perfect, but it's not bad! Plus, no humidity and beautiful sunshine!!

RC

StubEXrube
06-23-2010, 08:39 PM
I was actually looking at Redding (due to it being one of the largest cities in that area) and Red Bluff a few years ago. I just like the proximity to all the adjacent recreational areas- mtns, lakes, ocean, etc.

.....but Marcy has pretty much turned me off of the Redding idea- lol.

Marcy
06-23-2010, 09:41 PM
I was actually looking at Redding (due to it being one of the largest cities in that area) and Red Bluff a few years ago. I just like the proximity to all the adjacent recreational areas- mtns, lakes, ocean, etc.

Whoops! I didn't mean to do that. I was just saying that I, personally, am not a fan of Redding.

cruzcode
06-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Whoops! I didn't mean to do that. I was just saying that I, personally, am not a fan of Redding.

As long as you're a fan of "installer's fluid", then Redding doesn't matter! Let the drinks pour on!

RC

StubEXrube
06-23-2010, 10:19 PM
As long as you're a fan of "installer's fluid", then Redding doesn't matter! Let the drinks pour on!

RC

Yikes! Can't think of any way that that sounds......um......good.

I'm thinking maybe Marcy has a disgruntled ex, warrants, or gambling debts in Redding. :laughing:

j/k.....I know she's too refined and innocent for any of that. :innocent:

cruzcode
06-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Yikes! Can't think of any way that that sounds......um......good.

I'm thinking maybe Marcy has a disgruntled ex, warrants, or gambling debts in Redding. :laughing:

j/k.....I know she's too refined and innocent for any of that. :innocent:

Stub,

See, now you're gonna go off and get me in TROUBLE! Go back through the thread, and you'll see the reference to the "installer's fluid" as refreshments provided for all of those working at my wrenching party!

LMAO!

RC

Fnord5
06-24-2010, 10:02 AM

Red Bluff is a shithole.

Redding isn't that bad, just gets really hot during the summer, and burns down about every other year.:laughing: (by really hot, I mean 115-125 on a regular basis, but it's a dry heat)

Marcy
06-25-2010, 03:04 PM
2 weeks from Sunday, I hope your livers are ready!

09rubicon
06-25-2010, 03:18 PM
I got rid of my liver years ago, I moved to Germany at age 19!

cruzcode
06-25-2010, 07:57 PM
2 weeks from Sunday, I hope your livers are ready!

Whoa! Wait a minute, here... Are you the same person that said you and Jack weren't seeing each other right now, and that you are on a "break"?

I got rid of my liver years ago, I moved to Germany at age 19!

:D

Fnord5
06-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Whoa! Wait a minute, here... Are you the same person that said you and Jack weren't seeing each other right now, and that you are on a "break"?

She said that she was kickin' it with Jose for a while.

cruzcode
06-25-2010, 10:25 PM

Wow, if Jack only knew... I heard he was a really nice guy, but apparently he just pushed her away from being overbearing. People say that Jose is kind of a wild one though, so I'm not sure if she is better off!

Marcy
06-29-2010, 09:14 AM

That was a long time ago and I'm pretty sure it only lasted a few days. Jack and I are friends again.

cruzcode
06-29-2010, 10:30 PM
That was a long time ago and I'm pretty sure it only lasted a few days. Jack and I are friends again.

It's good to know that you can make up after a "break..."

The question is..., is your liver ready for July 11th??? :stirthepot:

RC

Marcy
06-30-2010, 01:02 PM
It's good to know that you can make up after a "break..."

The question is..., is your liver ready for July 11th??? :stirthepot:

RC

I guess we will find out on the 11th :laughing::laughing::laughing:

cruzcode
06-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Hey everyone, we have to get a hold of Alan (JKO = "geekguy") and make sure that he makes the test-n-tune at Carnegie on 7/11... Shout out to him if you can!

RC

cruzcode
07-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Hey everyone, we have to get a hold of Alan (JKO = "geekguy") and make sure that he makes the test-n-tune at Carnegie on 7/11... Shout out to him if you can!

RC

Ron,

That means you too, with that great looking 2-Door JK, pulled behind that awesome Ford hauler of yours!

RC

Fnord5
07-04-2010, 04:34 PM
So what time is everyone meeting?:beer:

Marcy
07-06-2010, 10:23 PM
What time works for everyone? Does something like 1:30 or 2 work?

Fnord5
07-06-2010, 10:34 PM
I have the whole day off, but work at 5AM on monday. :bawling:
How long was everyone planning on playing?

I could be there any time, even as early as 10AM.

cruzcode
07-06-2010, 10:46 PM
What time works for everyone? Does something like 1:30 or 2 work?

I have the whole day off, but work at 5AM on monday. :bawling:
How long was everyone planning on playing?

I could be there any time, even as early as 10AM.

Of course all of that works, but if I recall Scott, Brian, and I, have been out there a bit earlier than that. But's it's usually a come as you like type of deal... I need to coordinate with Scott if he is bringing his grill, but I'm buying the meat this time! BYOB and BYOL!

Scott, time confirmation? Grill confirmation? (My turn on buying meat.)

Disclaimer: My rig is being dropped off at the shop tomorrow for some plasma cutting, welding, lifting, gearing, locking, axleing, etc... I should have it back by Friday afternoon barring any unforeseen f-ups. Otherwise, I'll need to borrow a 10-speed to get to Carnegie on Sunday (do they still make 10-speeds?)

Can't wait to get together with everyone!

RC

Fnord5
07-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Actually, Mapquest says it's only an hour and a half drive time (means one hour for me)
I could be there by 8ish.

cruzcode
07-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Psssst! Check it out! :bounce:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32642 (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32642)

RC

09rubicon
07-09-2010, 10:27 PM
I will be there about 9ish with the grill. See you all there.

cruzcode
07-09-2010, 10:38 PM
I will be there about 9ish with the grill. See you all there.

Then I sir, shall bring the Kinder's marinated Tri-Tip!!!

RC

cruzcode
07-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Thread Transfer:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=480613&posted=1#post480613 (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=480613&posted=1#post480613)