4XFix Hi clearance muffler relocation kit [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: 4XFix Hi clearance muffler relocation kit

Woods
08-21-2008, 03:38 PM
I've redesigned my muffler relocation kit and I think this is pretty cool.

The kit comes with rear sway bar lowering brackets. By lowering the rear swaybar, we can now run the tailpipe over the rear swaybar. This allows the tailpipe to come out the back at a downward angle. Now here's the trick. I'm offering two different tips. The street tip will be full length and will run out the back as normal. The offroad tip will be short with a downturn at the end. No more smashing tips under the rear frame rail. The tips are swappable, with a single band clamp.

All mandrel bent stainless steel.

I think I've found a quiet muffler option for this kit also. Not stock quiet, but definitely more quiet than my previous kit.

Prices do not include shipping

Tailpipe and brackets with both tips $199
Tailpipe and brackets with tips and band clamps $245
Tailpipe and brackets with tips band clamps and not so quiet muffler $335
Tailpipe and brackets with tips band clamps and quiet muffler $345

For those who purchased my original muffler relocation kit, I'll have a trade in program. You'll get 50% off for your old kit.

These should be available for sale within three weeks.

terrahawk
08-21-2008, 08:28 PM
If its only for the 4door then :thefinger: you jobu!

Woods
08-21-2008, 08:45 PM
If its only for the 4door then :thefinger: you jobu!

Hey now, you know I wouldn't do a kit that would leave the 2 door guys out in cold. You just need to relocate the evap can, and it's all good. :grinpimp:

and WTF is jobu?

SDMF
08-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Hey now, you know I wouldn't do a kit that would leave the 2 door guys out in cold. You just need to relocate the evap can, and it's all good. :grinpimp:

and WTF is jobu?

Its a reference to "Major League" great movie. :beer::beer:

John L
08-22-2008, 04:58 AM
Does lowering the swaybar mounting location change the handling characteristics?
I'm no suspension expert, but I have read several times that the swaybar arms should be parallel with the ground while the vehicle is at rest. Seems like lowering the mounting point will raise the arm ends. Will the kit include adjustable links?

terrahawk
08-22-2008, 07:04 AM
[QUOTE=Woods;31788] You just need to relocate the evap can, and it's all good. :grinpimp:[QUOTE]

Already moved that sucker out of the way with your down and dirty kit.:vader:

n8it
08-23-2008, 05:10 PM
I've redesigned my muffler relocation kit and I think this is pretty cool. The kit comes with rear sway bar lowering brackets. How far down do you relocate the sway bar?

72Jeeper
08-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey Brett, I've got your older kit already. I have the BDS lift kit that uses a lowering bracket of at least 4". What will I need ? Just the tail pipe with the tips????

Woods
08-24-2008, 05:21 PM
How far down do you relocate the sway bar?

1.5"

I've been running the brackets for about 3 months and haven't been able to tell any difference.

Hey Brett, I've got your older kit already. I have the BDS lift kit that uses a lowering bracket of at least 4". What will I need ? Just the tail pipe with the tips????

It's a whole new kit. I was not able to get the new kit to work with the old style muffler. There is a good trade-in program though. Details are at the bottom of my first post, on this thread.

mcnaught6
08-27-2008, 07:06 AM
what muffler are you using for the "quiet" muffler?

Woods
08-27-2008, 08:06 AM
what muffler are you using for the "quiet" muffler?

My final choice has not been made yet. The Magnaflow 11266 is a likely contender and I've confirmed that it's fairly quiet. I have not tested the Walker Quiet Flow muffler yet, but it's my other possible option.

If anybody knows of any good stainless steel, quiet, high flow, mufflers, I'd be interested in hearing about them.

Woods
09-12-2008, 04:35 PM
I've started a thread with all of the JeepSWAG product updates. There's a pic and a link to more pics, of the new exhaust system.

Here's the thread:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3181

fourplyn
07-26-2009, 09:09 AM
But why don' t you just buy a new magnaflow muffler $70 with the right size ends, two clamps, and install that yourself? Just cut the rear exhaust right behind the stock muffler? Easy cheep fix...plus you get lots of power...the stock exhaust is stainless to begin with:D

08jk4door
07-26-2009, 10:49 PM
All mandrel bent stainless steel. and Hi clearance muffler relocation kit

But why don' t you just buy a new magnaflow muffler $70 with the right size ends, two clamps, and install that yourself? Just cut the rear exhaust right behind the stock muffler? Easy cheep fix...plus you get lots of power...the stock exhaust is stainless to begin with:D

it is not just about putting a new muffler on it is about clearance and not smashing it when your wheeling

08jk4door
07-26-2009, 10:51 PM
it is not just about putting a new muffler on it is about clearance and not smashing it when your wheeling

http://www.jeepswag.com/jeepswagmuff/mini-DSC_6185.JPG
http://www.jeepswag.com/jeepswagmuff/mini-DSC_6359.JPG

Woods
07-27-2009, 11:37 AM

You wouldn't get nearly the clearance. The Muffler tuck way up with my system. You also get rid of the factory dent at the top of the axle bend - better flow. Finally, the tip at the end, takes a turn down. You'd have to have something made, which I doubt would end up mandrel bent, unless you spent a couple hundred dollars.

I think a much better question is why would anybody spend $400 - $600 for anything other than my kit?

toadontheroad
07-27-2009, 01:23 PM
I'll vouch. Sawzall, big slotted pliers and a couple wrenches and in less time then it takes my wife to get ready, I removed the OEM, replaced with the Woods setup, tok a shower and waited in the Toad by driving circles in the court. She did notice that it sounded different, though.

To be fair, that was the original kit. Later on I had to add the swaybar spacers. :rolleyes:

fourplyn
08-05-2009, 08:10 AM
I totally understand the pipe going over the rear axle..how it pinches slightly... I"ve got the cool tech set up...they give you a new pipe for just that section. But even with your pictures and my cool tech set up...it still doesn't put the muffler higher up...it just relocates in between the frame rails.

I think your kit rocks...I"m just saying either your kit or the cool tech kit doesn't mount everything higher up under the jeep. Right....or am I wrong... from the looks of your picture...its level with the pipe

Woods
08-05-2009, 08:58 AM
I totally understand the pipe going over the rear axle..how it pinches slightly... I"ve got the cool tech set up...they give you a new pipe for just that section. But even with your pictures and my cool tech set up...it still doesn't put the muffler higher up...it just relocates in between the frame rails.

I think your kit rocks...I"m just saying either your kit or the cool tech kit doesn't mount everything higher up under the jeep. Right....or am I wrong... from the looks of your picture...its level with the pipe

You are correct that it stays level with the pipe - on the driver's side of the muffler. The Passenger's side is much higher. The muffler is also place as far back as possible. This allows the rear lower control are to provide some additional protection.

My kit and the cool tech kit are apples and oranges though. My kits are all CNC mandrel bent, manufactured by one of the top performance exhaust companies, in the U.S. the sound of my muffler is much deeper than the magnaflow mufflers (I switched from magnaflow).

fourplyn
08-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I see. Thats cool..

riverzendz
08-06-2009, 05:26 AM
Do you still have plans to release the "shorty" exhaust system? I saw you mentioned it awhile back but there have been no updates. This is something I'm interested in.

Thanks! :beer:

Woods
08-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Do you still have plans to release the "shorty" exhaust system? I saw you mentioned it awhile back but there have been no updates. This is something I'm interested in.

Thanks! :beer:

Yes. The issue has been finding an off the shelf muffler hanger/isolator that will mount to the evap can bolts. I'll have to put some more time into it.

Brett

riverzendz
08-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Yes. The issue has been finding an off the shelf muffler hanger/isolator that will mount to the evap can bolts. I'll have to put some more time into it.

Brett

Awesome, thanks Brett. Looking forward to that one.