MyGIG 9.807 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: MyGIG 9.807

Dutchboy101
08-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Harman Becker is coming up with a new software upgrade for the MyGIG.:bounce:

The new features are listed below.

MyGIG with Navigation) Software Versions Definition

9.807 RER/REW/REP Software update disc (same as 1.055 software in Model Year 2009 radios)
• New UConnect Functionality – support of Phone Book Download from compatible Bluetooth Hands Free Phones. A paired phone will automatically download phone numbers to the MyGIG address book. Radio provides Voice Recognition to all names in this download. User can manually store individual names to the permanent address book.
• Added more Bluetooth Compatible phones (many new phones including Motorola Q)
• Human Machine Interface (HMI) improvements
o Added Alpha jump to HDD lists (select first letter in a list instead of scrolling through list)
o Moved JB (Juke Box) tab to FAVORITES under HDD
o New progress icon for downloading music
o Changed some POI icons on the map (removed yellow background)
o Added phone book download status icon under UConnect screen.
• Improved reliability of downloading Maps, Gracenote and application updates
• Major Bug fixes
o Fixed all audio mutes (missing audio) on Start Up.
o Increased the number of Sirius Traffic messages and speed/flow
• Note, iPod support is only available today through Model Year 2009 radios via a serial port out the back of the radio. It is not currently an upgrade for Model Year 2007 and 2008 radios.

The 9.713 came with these upgrades.

9.713 MY08V2.2 RER/REW/REP released March 2008 mailed to all dealers and users
• Enable Wrangler microphone for UConnect and Voice Recognition
• HDD firmware update to prevent Master Cylinder HDD corruption
• Able to play imported compressed music from same album in order of the track number
• Navigation data base improved update software
• SAT preset to new defaults
• No change to Navigation or Gracenote data base

Glad they are listenening to their customers and are making changes frequently.
Not sure when this will be released.

jacktuttle
08-22-2008, 11:59 AM
These sound like great upgrades! :D I'm looking forward to them!

Alec W
09-02-2008, 01:43 PM
A non official release can be found here: http://dodge-downunder.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10480#post10480

I'll update mine tonight and see what happens.

Xtremjeepn
09-02-2008, 02:02 PM
I did it last night and it seems to work fine.

mcnaught6
09-03-2008, 08:12 PM
i updated the mygig on my commander with this one. no problems to report, other than it erased my sirius pre-sets.

RotorHead
09-03-2008, 08:19 PM
I did mine a couple of days ago. No problems and no lost presets.

mcnaught6
09-07-2008, 09:52 AM
i just had the muting problem with mine yesterday - one week after having installed 9.807.
the radio worked fine, until i stopped and turned off the ignition. when i got back in and started driving, no audio would come out of the mygig. i pulled over, turned off the ignition, then started it again and the sound was back.

Alec W
09-08-2008, 12:42 PM
I lost all the music on my HD, not a big deal but a pain. Also it sync’ed my contact list from my iPhione but not the addresses (just the name and number). Kinda lame but maybe that's a bluetooth limitation.

RotorHead
09-08-2008, 01:47 PM
I lost all the music on my HD, not a big deal but a pain. Also it sync’ed my contact list from my iPhione but not the addresses (just the name and number). Kinda lame but maybe that's a bluetooth limitation.

I heard of this happening, but most people say the music magically reappears later.

Alec W
09-09-2008, 06:26 AM
I heard of this happening, but most people say the music magically reappears later.

I needed to reload mine so they play the tracks in the right order anyway. I drove it for 2 hours right after the install and they never came back.

hkunz
09-09-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm new to this forum, so be gentle - how do I get the new upgrades from whatever source to my Jeep? I've got SD cards up to 2 gig, USB cables, an SD to USB adapter, but now what? My concern is that the nav system works now, and i don't want to screw it up or take several hours fixing/loading it.

RotorHead
09-10-2008, 06:43 AM
I'm new to this forum, so be gentle - how do I get the new upgrades from whatever source to my Jeep? I've got SD cards up to 2 gig, USB cables, an SD to USB adapter, but now what? My concern is that the nav system works now, and i don't want to screw it up or take several hours fixing/loading it.

You just need to burn it to a cd. I've upgraded mine about 4 different times now and no problems. Don't swet it. I was scared the first time too, but it's worth it.

Just follow the link above, download it and follow the instructions. Here's a caption from them.

Install and burn procedure:

Unzip it and burn it to a CD with rer_9.807 as the CD label.

Then when you insert it into your CD player in the MyGig it should start the update process, select yest to upgrade from Vers 9.XXX to 9.807

It will take about 15 mins and once done it will promp to update from 9.807 to 9.807 press NO and remove CD

THATS IT..>ENJOY

AK
09-13-2008, 05:04 AM
Anyone have a better link to the download? The one supplied here doesn't work.

Thanks, AK

Rockcam
09-30-2008, 01:07 PM
I just picked up my Unlimited Rubi on Saturday, and of course this is of interest to me. I've seen a lot written about ipod support happening in the 2009 model year Mygig Navi radios, but I have yet to hear that it actually works as described.

Has anyone actually gotten direct iPod integration with their 2009 RER using this serial port?

If so, what is the correct part number for the ipod connector?

Thanks

jdemonto
10-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Heres another link for 9.807 beta (http://www.digitalbuildingsolutions.com/mygig/mygig9.807.zip)

hscrugby
10-07-2008, 08:21 AM
I just picked up my Unlimited Rubi on Saturday, and of course this is of interest to me. I've seen a lot written about ipod support happening in the 2009 model year Mygig Navi radios, but I have yet to hear that it actually works as described.

Has anyone actually gotten direct iPod integration with their 2009 RER using this serial port?

If so, what is the correct part number for the ipod connector?

Thanks
Don't know the part #.
But it should be part of the wiring harness for the mygig.
I'll try and find it later.
I do have it working correctly. Not as great of an interface as the iPod, but much better than trying to use an iPod while driving.

hkunz
10-26-2008, 11:53 AM
And when it doesn't load, you are screwed. The radio doesn't work, the nav doesn't work.:pissed:

hkunz
10-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Oh, and the Jeep dealer can't help you, at least on a Sunday morning.

hkunz
10-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Jeep reloaded the MyGig with the new software, my wife had to take time off work to get it done:pissed:

I think it may have had something to do with the size of the file, over 300 meg for the zip version, over 450 unzipped.

jtphoto JK
10-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Have had 9.807 loaded for a few weeks now , no issues at all.

hkunz
10-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Oh, ours is now loaded, but Jeep had to do it, and I had to hear about it....

SRTpusher
11-02-2008, 06:57 PM
i just got a brand new mygig and it still is freezing up when trying to run HDD and nav at the same time... put update disc to ensure correct version. yep... 9.807

any ideas? (besides getting another new one)

hkunz
11-02-2008, 10:15 PM
I'd take it in to Jeep, they got right on mine.... I know, most of us want to fiddle with it themselves, but this seems to be a hit and miss kind of thing.

jacktuttle
11-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Harman Becker is coming up with a new software upgrade for the MyGIG.:bounce:

The new features are listed below.

MyGIG with Navigation) Software Versions Definition

9.807 RER/REW/REP Software update disc (same as 1.055 software in Model Year 2009 radios)
• New UConnect Functionality – support of Phone Book Download from compatible Bluetooth Hands Free Phones. A paired phone will automatically download phone numbers to the MyGIG address book. Radio provides Voice Recognition to all names in this download. User can manually store individual names to the permanent address book.
• Added more Bluetooth Compatible phones (many new phones including Motorola Q)
• Human Machine Interface (HMI) improvements
o Added Alpha jump to HDD lists (select first letter in a list instead of scrolling through list)
o Moved JB (Juke Box) tab to FAVORITES under HDD
o New progress icon for downloading music
o Changed some POI icons on the map (removed yellow background)
o Added phone book download status icon under UConnect screen.
• Improved reliability of downloading Maps, Gracenote and application updates
• Major Bug fixes
o Fixed all audio mutes (missing audio) on Start Up.
o Increased the number of Sirius Traffic messages and speed/flow
• Note, iPod support is only available today through Model Year 2009 radios via a serial port out the back of the radio. It is not currently an upgrade for Model Year 2007 and 2008 radios.

The 9.713 came with these upgrades.

9.713 MY08V2.2 RER/REW/REP released March 2008 mailed to all dealers and users
• Enable Wrangler microphone for UConnect and Voice Recognition
• HDD firmware update to prevent Master Cylinder HDD corruption
• Able to play imported compressed music from same album in order of the track number
• Navigation data base improved update software
• SAT preset to new defaults
• No change to Navigation or Gracenote data base

Glad they are listenening to their customers and are making changes frequently.
Not sure when this will be released.

I have the new Release, and Get the phone book download status icon, But I have yet to see it complete the download. Has any one had it complete? I do have a lot of numbers in my phone.

O2BDrty
11-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Does the nav update automattically or is it a once a year disc that you install?

Alec W
11-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Does the nav update automattically or is it a once a year disc that you install?

You have to purchase a CD for about $200.

hkunz
11-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Nothing automatic about it. You have to burn a CD off he internet or get one from Jeep, then load it in your MyGig.

ceburns@bresnan.net
11-13-2008, 11:36 PM
I just went out and looked at mine for the first time. I have version 9.665, Database RS6-N 106 0642 and Gracenotes 534. Can I do the latest upgrade or do I have to do the previous on (9.7??) first.

And I understand that these updates don't include any nav or map info; they have to be purchased separately.

SRTpusher
11-14-2008, 07:10 AM
my mygig hard drive does not like my WMA files. it causes the mygig to lockup when going from HDD WMA to a source and then back to HDD WMA. does not doe this with ripped CDs via mygig or when i convert the WMAs to mp3s....

Alec W
11-14-2008, 08:02 AM
I just went out and looked at mine for the first time. I have version 9.665, Database RS6-N 106 0642 and Gracenotes 534. Can I do the latest upgrade or do I have to do the previous on (9.7??) first.

And I understand that these updates don't include any nav or map info; they have to be purchased separately.

Correct, the update to the firmware/software does not include a nav (map) update. As far as I am aware you can update to 9.807 from any prior version. The key is to use a good brand name CD and burn the update to it on the slowest setting your PC has.

jacktuttle
11-17-2008, 03:23 PM

I started getting info to purchase the updates to the Nav 2 weeks after I got my Jeep... Seems like they were asking over $100.00 for the update...

M3KSRT8
02-03-2009, 06:45 AM
Hi all,

OK bare with me since I have just spent few hours reading up on WKjeep.com and other forums about MyGIG update mechanism...:D

here is my story: I have 2009 Jeep GC SRT8 with MyGig with Nav. US version but now live in Middle east/UAE and I have been trying endlessly with local dealer to get Nav map data on DVD/CD or cable to upload it and replace North America/US maps but no luck.. they seem to like to torture those who didn't purchase cars from them in order to monopolize the market, hence give them ZERO support... :bawling::bounce:

So I decided to look online.... only thing I keep finding is the FIRMWARE update for MyGiG like: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=671745 & http://mofv.com/MyGIG/WithNav/REP/REP_9.303.zip (for REP versions) and http://mofv.com/MyGIG/WithNav/RER_9.807.zip (for RER version)

which if I understand things correctly, only does updates to existing firmware.. does NOT install/replace map nav data.. BASICALLY I am seeking a file/place/DVD/source to get the GCC (REP) spec nav/map file to load it onto MyGiG and replace the US map data inside...
Once I have GCC Nav maps updated then I will use the FIRMWARE file to burn to CD and update with version REP_9.303 as described in link above...

Any tips anyone? would GREATLY appreciate it!!!!

mkudsi@gmail.com

Cheers:smokin: