South Carolina Outcasts [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: South Carolina Outcasts

Pages : [1] 2

ONLYSUPER
05-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Ok guys. Is time to get out of our litle corner and make some noise. So bring it. :smokin: Thanks to .:eMETAL:. for the design:beer:

gold knight
05-20-2010, 03:31 PM
:laughing2: Sup, that's the best JKO sticker yet:beer::beer::beer:

ONLYSUPER
05-20-2010, 03:35 PM
I thought so too. I didn't came up the idea or the design. Again we say thanks to .:eMETAL:. and the other guys for the ideas. I'm just making noise and trying to get these rolling out.

BTW i PM'd pixeldzn and ill see what we do from there

johnmcd
05-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Thats an awsome decal/logo. Does this mean MS gets 2 stickers?

enigmaverse
05-20-2010, 04:33 PM
maybe we can get pixeldzn to print a few... I'm more into a single color though.

SONIC
05-20-2010, 05:16 PM
I'd buy one in all black

ONLYSUPER
05-20-2010, 06:47 PM
maybe we can get pixeldzn to print a few... I'm more into a single color though.

Yes i did send pixeldzn a message and we need Lance approval for him to get this going. I will send him a message but first i need to know how many people will be getting these if i get the approval. This is not for profit, just for the fun of it and to support the forum. :beer:

ldeihm
05-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Iam in also, just post a price when it gets figgured out. Maybe instead of adding us to the SouthEast thread we can just request our own jkoutcasts section. eMETAL this is for you :beer:

Got a trip headin' to URE 29th & 30th, any joiners?

ONLYSUPER
05-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Just sent a PM to Lance. Ill let you guys know when i know.

.:eMETAL:.
05-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Just to keep u all in tha know I'm headed home to work on a few tweaks on this for ya. I had mentioned I didn't have time to make it all one color but that was my intention. Also have something else up my sleeve for you guys on this too. Glad u like it. I will rawk one also. :smokin:

Stay tuned :beer:

ONLYSUPER
05-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Cool, Keep them coming. And thanks.

05-20-2010, 09:52 PM
here ya go guys and gals...

in white...
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/punk82guy/JKOutcastsdecalwhite.jpg

in black...
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/punk82guy/JKOutcastsdecalblack.jpg

ended up doing a punch out design along with a different font for the www. part so that it would be easier for a sign shop to cut and easier for you to apply. :beer:

ONLYSUPER
05-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. They are awesome. Good Job man.

05-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. They are awesome. Good Job man.

thanks.... i dig em :smokin:

ONLYSUPER
05-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Im just waiting on the approval and then we get to get some. Let me know what color you like and ill get you a pair for helping with the design.

05-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Im just waiting on the approval and then we get to get some. Let me know what color you like and ill get you a pair for helping with the design.

sweet deal :beer: i'll rawk black :smokin:

Krawler Hobbies
05-21-2010, 05:12 AM
Dang, you guys move fast on this forum! Is there going to be anyone selling these? If not, I think we are going to get our vendor star and start selling them.

LOL wow, not even on the board a week and this is what we have started. I hope no one gives us the :thefinger: for making so much noise already. I just thought SC was part of the USA and should be a part of JKO...

Oh, and we need ours in white...

-Jason

johnmcd
05-21-2010, 05:27 AM
Dang, you guys move fast on this forum! Is there going to be anyone selling these? If not, I think we are going to get our vendor star and start selling them.

LOL wow, not even on the board a week and this is what we have started. I hope no one gives us the :thefinger: for making so much noise already. I just thought SC was part of the USA and should be a part of JKO...

Oh, and we need ours in white...

-Jason

:thefinger: because we care

enigmaverse
05-21-2010, 05:34 AM
I'll take one or two in silver

D5Fire
05-21-2010, 05:44 AM
Im all for the ones in black, I think the black reflective would be even better

benmar2000
05-21-2010, 07:11 AM
in black...
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/punk82guy/JKOutcastsdecalblack.jpg

ERICK!!! You ROCK!!! Sold.. Where do I send the moola.. I will order 2 and put them between my name and East Coast..

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19389&stc=1&d=1273345673

yellowJKmedic
05-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Man those are fawkin awesome!! MS needs something like that. I might just rock the SC one.???

ONLYSUPER
05-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Hey guys. I'm waiting in the approval for using the jkowners.com on the sticker/decal. Even that is not the official JKO logo, just in case. And i will get a quote from pixeldzn and a local shop. But most likely i will go with pixeldzn just because he does good work and is a vendor here.
If u have any questions just post them up. And NC and MS guys are welcome to Rawck these too.

Original post updated w all the designs

jku_rubicon
05-21-2010, 11:21 AM
lol I knew we were onto something in that other thread. :smokin: :beer:

I will take a couple in black when they are for sale, nice job eMetal they look great with the SC State and Palmetto tree added thanks. :beer:

ONLYSUPER
05-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Cool theres about 12 to 15 people that wants @ least a pair.

benmar2000
05-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Any word on Pixeldzn making these..

enigmaverse
05-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Just waiting to hear back from lance

ONLYSUPER
05-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Any word on Pixeldzn making these..
He wants Lance to aprove the jkowners.com part to go with it

Just waiting to hear back from lance

Still waiting

benmar2000
05-21-2010, 07:28 PM
He wants Lance to aprove the jkowners.com part to go with it

Still waiting

And waiting...

05-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Be patient guys. This has already moved along faster than the Florida decal :laughing: although I was impressed that were able to move that along MUCH quicker than the JKF one :shaking:

ONLYSUPER
05-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah i think i will be more patient.

Ill go and drink some to celebrate that i finally have a JOB after 3 months of being broke. I can finally get some parts for my JK(still no name) Here it is for a long night:beer::beer::smokin:

yellowJKmedic
05-21-2010, 09:35 PM
I will take two in black whenever this gets rolling on.

gold knight
05-21-2010, 09:39 PM
congrats on the new job:beer:

The lack of patience in this thread is amazing, lol. If and when they are approved I'll take a couple in black just because.......nice work .:e:.:D

ONLYSUPER
05-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks Gold.

And the worst that can happen if it doesn't get approved is that we will run it whitout the jkowners.com. Which it will be a shame. Then we really get to be real Outcasts you know. But they are going to get made. Just would be neat to have the forum on it for the support and because we all spend more time here than anywhere else, and we came with the idea here.

I guess we just wait and see what hapens eh.

05-22-2010, 12:07 AM
congrats on the new job:beer:

The lack of patience in this thread is amazing, lol. If and when they are approved I'll take a couple in black just because.......nice work .:e:.:D

thanks man :beer:

ZOSO-Green
05-22-2010, 07:44 PM
I love it!!!

Man, I am gonna bum some of your mojo and come up with something for us. :smokin:

tkob1060
05-22-2010, 08:43 PM
I dont think a SC decal is allowed, you guys dont even have a spot in any regional forum, so no decals :laughing:

enigmaverse
05-22-2010, 09:10 PM
hence the "jkoutcasts"... sc get no love

ZOSO-Green
05-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Ha haaa

Tim your just jealous!:thefinger:

How's the whole transfer case thing?

NEVERMIND... Dont wanna hijack.

jku_rubicon
05-23-2010, 06:10 AM
Ha haaa

Tim your just jealous!:thefinger:

How's the whole transfer case thing?

NEVERMIND... Dont wanna hijack.

Never happened. :smokin: :grinpimp:

ONLYSUPER
05-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Still waiting for an answer.

weaver1371
05-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Those look awesome! Once you hear something, I'll take one!!

Krawler Hobbies
05-24-2010, 05:31 AM
Is there any vendor that IS going to sell these? Just wondering. We came up with the idea and are planning on getting our vendor star here for other products but didn't know if we had any chance at selling these? Anyone know? Please email me at Jason@KrawlerHobbies.com so we can figure this out if need be. Thanks JKO! You guys rock!

-Jason

enigmaverse
05-24-2010, 07:33 AM
You cant sell anything with "jkowners" on it.... at least not for profit. You could have them printed and give them away, theres only about 12 ppl who have chimed in so far, that max 24 decals, you could do a run of 50: 30 black , 10 white, 10 silver somewhat inexpensively.

I'm also fairly confident that Lance will want the JKO logo on it somewhere if its going to be official and that JKO will be the ones printing and selling.

Krawler Hobbies
05-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Sounds good! We need a pair in white for our JK.

-Jason

05-24-2010, 08:03 AM
I'm also fairly confident that Lance will want the JKO logo on it somewhere if its going to be official and that JKO will be the ones printing and selling.

yeah.. i tried to work that into it but the cirlce JKO logo (this one)http://www.jkowners.com/logos/jko-bumpersmall.jpg looks like crap when combined with this design. if i knew what the font was i could just type it out like underneath the circle logo http://www.jkowners.com/logos/jkosmall.jpg and it would look ok.

ONLYSUPER
05-24-2010, 10:08 AM
I really like the logo we have right now. I don't think Lance will sell these because of previous experiences with the Florida decal (i don't think it sold that great) no offense to the FL guys. So as long as he a[[roves or not we have the option to have it w/o the jkowners.com on it.

Then again i don't think we do need permission because is not the official website logo. Somebody should know about this more than i do. I just want to get them done.

benmar2000
05-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Maybe we can do a poll.. Figure out which one people would want..

gold knight
05-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Maybe we can do a poll.. Figure out which one people would want..
And the downward spiral begins:laughing2:

ONLYSUPER
05-24-2010, 10:24 AM
You mean with the web address or Whit out poll

ONLYSUPER
05-24-2010, 10:26 AM
And the downward spiral begins:laughing2:

I know its like Dejavu eh:laughing:

benmar2000
05-24-2010, 10:29 AM
I think he is talking about the poll.. LOL And he's right.. a Poll does cause things to spiral down hill.. LOL :laughing:

ONLYSUPER
05-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Yes it does. Like i said ill give it one more week and im going to send a PM to Hitmonkey and see if he can get this to him.

jku_rubicon
05-24-2010, 10:41 AM
The stickers look badass, they promote the website, and could possibly be linked with a charity so purchasing them is also making a donation much like the Wounded Warrior decals I bought.
Sounds like a good deal for everyone. :beer:

Maybe we can have this thread stickied, keeping the title
" South Carolina Outcasts " and make it the unofficial home for us SC people.

When these stickers do get made and go up for sale, I think they are going to very popular.
People are going to see them and want them.... not just 12 of us.
Just a guess.

How did the process work with the other States who made stickers?

ONLYSUPER
05-24-2010, 11:52 AM
The stickers look badass, they promote the website, and could possibly be linked with a charity so purchasing them is also making a donation much like the Wounded Warrior decals I bought.
Sounds like a good deal for everyone. :beer:

Maybe we can have this thread stickied, keeping the title
" South Carolina Outcasts " and make it the unofficial home for us SC people.

When these stickers do get made and go up for sale, I think they are going to very popular.
People are going to see them and want them.... not just 12 of us.
Just a guess.

How did the process work with the other States who made stickers?

The other ones (FL and TX) got approved because they used the original forum logo so they need to be sold by JKO. But we dont have the original logo. Just the forum address. If u look for the old JKO decal on pixeldzn web it has the jkowners.com but not the official logo so i don't know what kind of approval you need to use it.

I think the easiest way is let pixeldzn make it and ship it to whoever wants it. Because he got the ability to do it in different colors. So that way there wont b leftovers and nobody looses. But if not we will figure it out.

05-24-2010, 01:06 PM
if anyone knows the JKO font I'll fix it up. would have done this from the start but i have no clue what font it is. and i can't copy and paste because the image from the merch page is too small and distorts when you blow it up. :pissed:

i will be at work until 10pm tonight but if someone finds this info out i'll update the design tonight when i get home :beer::beer:

MBSCWranglerX
05-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Count me in for these. Also, I'm not trying to overstep anyone, but if you DON'T find someone to print, my brother has a company called Blackwater Designs here in MB, he can do it for us.

ONLYSUPER
05-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Count me in for these. Also, I'm not trying to overstep anyone, but if you DON'T find someone to print, my brother has a company called Blackwater Designs here in MB, he can do it for us.

Thanks for the offer. And welcome to JKO.

05-24-2010, 09:15 PM
wow... this thread is bringing out all the Outcasts! :smokin::laughing::beer:

ONLYSUPER
05-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Word. :beer:

Krawler Hobbies
05-25-2010, 05:22 AM
This is great. Nothing like a bunch of "Outcast" coming together for a cause...

-Jason

05-25-2010, 05:42 AM
This is great. Nothing like a bunch of "Outcast" coming together for a cause...

-Jason

what's the cause?

jku_rubicon
05-25-2010, 07:27 AM
what's the cause?

BlueRibbon Coalition?

Wounded Warrior Project?

There are plenty of good ones, I would love to see us agree on one to support through donations from sticker sales but not sure how everyone feels about that.

ONLYSUPER
05-25-2010, 09:46 AM
I havent got an answer yet. And donating for a cause would be awesome. How about this. Do u guys know about The 9th Annual Savannah Jeep Show and Poker Run.
http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29849 .

How about we get all together and get up there for a good cause and make a nice donation from the JKOUTCASTS, and we can all meet each other at the same time. By then we will have our decals. Then after that we will see how far we can go.

benmar2000
05-25-2010, 10:33 AM
I'll be there.. Was there last year.. Makes for a nice Day trip..

ONLYSUPER
05-25-2010, 10:39 AM
I was there last year too. I won the Trail Master lift kit. So lets see how many JKOutcasts we can get to go. This should make a nice short trip and good time.

Krawler Hobbies
05-25-2010, 11:56 AM
what's the cause?

Because SC is a state and should be represented. I like the idea of giving the money to a good cause though. Just because we are Outcast don't mean we should not care! We might be able to make it down for the Savanna trip. That is a wgile from now though and its far from a day trip from here!

-Jason

ONLYSUPER
05-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Its still a lot of fun. And we would be helping 2 awesome causes. The Trip is worth it. And theres plenty of time to plan accordingly. Just do it and the first :beer: is on me.

benmar2000
05-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Crap.. JK Outcast is a Lucas Arts game based on the Jedi Knights..

ONLYSUPER
05-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Yeah but JKOutcasts doesn't generate anything but back to this thread. According to several search engines. What are you thinking to do whit it:stirthepot::stirthepot::smokin:

benmar2000
05-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Yeah but JKOutcasts doesn't generate anything but back to this thread. According to several search engines. What are you thinking to do whit it:stirthepot::stirthepot::smokin:

Nothing really.. Just looking at possible copyright violations.. But it is listed as Jedi Knights II: Jedi Outcast.. So it might not be an issue after all..

ONLYSUPER
05-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Cool, i did check when the idea came up and couldn't find anything. Better be safe than sorry. And i sent a PM to Hitmonkey. If by Monday I don't have an answer, i guess we need to get the jkowners.com out of the decal. As long as is OK with everybody.

And Pixeldzn will make them, which he said he can include them on his website and sell them on a one by one basis. Better color selection for everybody. At least thats what i think. I would like to hear some opinions if this doesn't sound right.

jku_rubicon
05-25-2010, 03:09 PM
I havent got an answer yet. And donating for a cause would be awesome. How about this. Do u guys know about The 9th Annual Savannah Jeep Show and Poker Run.
http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29849 .

How about we get all together and get up there for a good cause and make a nice donation from the JKOUTCASTS, and we can all meet each other at the same time. By then we will have our decals. Then after that we will see how far we can go.

I am 20 minutes from Savannah just inside SC, that's my Jeep Club
the "Low Country Mud Rats" putting on the show so I will be definitely there. Looking forward to meeting you guys and yes I am in for a group donation from the JKOutcasts. :beer:

ONLYSUPER
05-25-2010, 04:00 PM
I am 20 minutes from Savannah just inside SC, that's my Jeep Club
the "Low Country Mud Rats" putting on the show so I will be definitely there. Looking forward to meeting you guys and yes I am in for a group donation from the JKOutcasts. :beer:

Awesome:beer:

ONLYSUPER
05-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Ok guys, i got a response from Lance. He was clear and to the point and we are not allowed to use the JKO name on the decal. He also mentioned that if we wanted a JKO SC decal that we could work one out with him.

So i think we could go ahead and print the JKoutcasts and then we can work and aditional official JKO SC decal like the FL one.

What u guys think. I will keep an eye on the responses and then let Pixeldzn know next week so we can start getting the JKOutcasts spread around.

enigmaverse
05-25-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm interested in seeing a cooperative logo... the idea of this is half joke half truth, but all JKO. We wouldnt be outcasts without JKO... so I would like to see something worked out with Lance.

ONLYSUPER
05-25-2010, 07:15 PM
I know, but im still getting the original design because i like it. And i know i can get it quick. For the Co-op logo we might have to wait a while.

benmar2000
05-25-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm interested in seeing a cooperative logo... the idea of this is half joke half truth, but all JKO. We wouldnt be outcasts without JKO... so I would like to see something worked out with Lance.

I am you, Joe.. Maybe we can see what can be done.. Maybe Lance's guys can come up with something cool..

enigmaverse
05-25-2010, 08:32 PM
you're not me! I'm me, dammit.

ONLYSUPER
05-26-2010, 11:19 AM
So i guess leman is going to work with the official JKO Southeast design. Lance has granted him to work with this. More info here http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29926 .

Meanwhile, pixeldzn is cleaning the artwork for the JKOutcasts decal so as soon as i get something i will post it up.

jku_rubicon
05-26-2010, 11:46 AM
So i guess leman is going to work with the official JKO SC design. Lance has granted him to work with this. More info here http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29926 .

Meanwhile, pixeldzn is cleaning the artwork for the JKOutcasts decal so as soon as i get something i will post it up.

Just to be clear, I think he is working on an official Southeast sticker, not a SC sticker ..... unless you know otherwise. :beer:

ONLYSUPER
05-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Youre right i just fixed it.

enigmaverse
05-26-2010, 12:04 PM
that being the case, I'm in for the Outcast sticker.

ONLYSUPER
05-26-2010, 12:31 PM
So what are you guys up to for Memorial Day weekend?

Im planning to go boating with some friends. We have a full boat and lots of beer.

jku_rubicon
05-26-2010, 12:45 PM
So what are you guys up to for Memorial Day weekend?

Im planning to go boating with some friends. We have a full boat and lots of beer.

Hopefully be out on my boat as well, where in SC are you and what kind of boat do you have?

enigmaverse
05-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Going to "Myrtle Beach Mayfest" memorial day parade on Sat, then maybe some light wheelin on Monday.

benmar2000
05-26-2010, 12:58 PM
If I can get a hunk of my Honey Do list done, I am hoping to make it to the range.. :D

ONLYSUPER
05-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Hopefully be out on my boat as well, where in SC are you and what kind of boat do you have?

Lake Moultrie, Plantoon Boat or Party Boat. :beer::beer::beer::beer: Is not my boat, i wish it was.

benmar2000
05-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Lake Moultrie, Plantoon Boat or Party Boat. :beer::beer::beer::beer: Is not my boat, i wish it was.

Will you be at Short Stay?

ONLYSUPER
05-26-2010, 02:33 PM
No but ill drive by it everytime im going to the Lake. We always make it to Coon Island.

benmar2000
05-26-2010, 06:19 PM
No but ill drive by it everytime im going to the Lake. We always make it to Coon Island.

Never been to Coon Island.. But the company I used to work at would have their summer picniics out there..

ONLYSUPER
05-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Ill usually go to Short Stay for the AFB summer picnic.

benmar2000
05-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Ill usually go to Short Stay for the AFB summer picnic.

Are you out of Charleston AFB?

MBSCWranglerX
05-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Whassup!! I'm off Sat. and Monday.....thought about going fishin' up in Tabor City one of those days, not sure yet.....WOULD LOVE TO GO WHEELIN IF ANYONE'S HEADIN' OUT!!!

benmar2000
05-26-2010, 08:49 PM
That was weekend before last for me.. :grinpimp: Doing Honey Do this weekend. :bawling:

ONLYSUPER
05-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Are you out of Charleston AFB?

Yep, did my time and now im a regular civilian. :smokin:

That was weekend before last for me.. :grinpimp: Doing Honey Do this weekend. :bawling:

Well thanks for the invite. Just kiding. Hopefully now with the SC Outcasts thread we can post trips and meets or anything to do in the area.:beer:

benmar2000
05-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Yep, did my time and now im a regular civilian. :smokin:

Well thanks for the invite. Just kiding. Hopefully now with the SC Outcasts thread we can post trips and meets or anything to do in the area.:beer:

DAMN!! I live in North Charleston.. LOL We need to meet up for a happy hour like at Wild Wings one day.. :beer: Maybe we can do a Meet n Greet one weekend.. Not this weekend.. Maybe next weekend..

ONLYSUPER
05-26-2010, 09:20 PM
DAMN!! I live in North Charleston.. LOL We need to meet up for a happy hour like at Wild Wings one day.. :beer: Maybe we can do a Meet n Greet one weekend.. Not this weekend.. Maybe next weekend..

Just let me know when and we can have a :beer: and some chicking wangs.

weaver1371
05-26-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm still in for an Outcast sticker if they get made.

enigmaverse
05-27-2010, 04:37 AM
Whassup!! I'm off Sat. and Monday.....thought about going fishin' up in Tabor City one of those days, not sure yet.....WOULD LOVE TO GO WHEELIN IF ANYONE'S HEADIN' OUT!!!

I'll be heading to Carolina Backwoods on Monday... it just over the NC order in Ash, NC. Your more than welcome to join us. http://www.carolinabackwoods.com

Krawler Hobbies
05-27-2010, 05:18 AM
See, all you guys are close to the coast. Where are all the Outcast from the upper part of the state?

-Jason

ONLYSUPER
05-27-2010, 09:21 AM
See, all you guys are close to the coast. Where are all the Outcast from the upper part of the state?

-Jason

Jason, it seems that you need to recruit some troops up there so they join JKO and then have some more trail buddies.

benmar2000
05-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Maybe we can get a Meet n Greet in Columbia one weekend.. Get all of JKOutcasts in one location.. Or.. Maybe do a Meet n Greet at Gulches..

ONLYSUPER
05-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Columbia sounds good. Gulches would be awesome. I'm game. Next weekend i have a concert to attend and after that is all good.

benmar2000
05-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Any weekend but June 12th is good for me.. I have plans that saturday.. But I am open for the rest of the summer.. :smokin::D

ONLYSUPER
05-27-2010, 12:19 PM
How bout June 26th. Either Columbia or Gulches. Not sure how good my JK would do in Gulches but i aint scared. We just need a whinch in the group. Ill probably take the easy lines.

benmar2000
05-27-2010, 12:22 PM
How bout June 26th. Either Columbia or Gulches. Not sure how good my JK would do in Gulches but i aint scared. We just need a whinch in the group. Ill probably take the easy lines.

I got the winch.. :smokin:

But I took my stock Rubi there.. It was fun.. And June 26th works for me.. Anyone else?

enigmaverse
05-27-2010, 12:29 PM
I would love to, but I'll be in NJ that week. I've done about 75% of Gulches. Last time I lost a brake line to a bolt that was in backwards on my shock and bent a rear axleshaft... I want to get on a couple more trails next time. Shipwreck and maybe radical ravine.

ONLYSUPER
05-27-2010, 12:39 PM
I would love to, but I'll be in NJ that week. I've done about 75% of Gulches. Last time I lost a brake line to a bolt that was in backwards on my shock and bent a rear axleshaft... I want to get on a couple more trails next time. Shipwreck and maybe radical ravine.

I hope i dont brake nothing. Its time for my JK to go from forest trails and mud to something more challenging.

Krawler Hobbies
05-27-2010, 02:58 PM
M&G at the Gultches would be awsome! I would be down for that more so than Columbia. And our JK stock without airing down the tires or disconecting the swaybars did all the easy trails and a few of the intermideate trails! You guys should be fine! I can email Skip up there and see what we need to do if we want to set this up. He is a awsome guy and can even have rangers for us to fallow.

-Jason

enigmaverse
05-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Love Skip... he's a great guy. I've been out with him a couple times with our local group. Are you guys thinking a day trip or overnighter? Its about 3.5 hours each way for me.

ONLYSUPER
05-27-2010, 04:01 PM
If is worth it i can make it an overnighter.

enigmaverse
05-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Its definitely worth the overnight. We usually go for 3 days: 2 - 1/2 days wheelin/driving, 1 full day wheelin.... I've got a 4 month old at home so any trip would need pre-approval and all plan are considered soft until I actually get there. :)

like I said earlier, I cant go between June 23rd and July 1st. but I should be able to get approval for after that.

I'd say at least make it a 2 day event.

ONLYSUPER
05-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Well then how about the weekend of July 10th. Is a lil far but then we can arrange to stay overnight and i would have some extra $ cause i start working in June.

What does everybody say. Im in for that date friday night to sunday night. That way everybody has a chance to plan and get approvals.

enigmaverse
05-27-2010, 07:37 PM
wife says okay... but we'll see. Count me in until she changes her mind. Do you want to start an "official" thread for the run?

ONLYSUPER
05-27-2010, 09:51 PM
wife says okay... but we'll see. Count me in until she changes her mind. Do you want to start an "official" thread for the run?

Lets do it. Hope the wife doesn't change her mind. If you want you can post it or i can do it tomorrow nite.

Krawler Hobbies
05-28-2010, 05:25 AM
Either way it should be fine for us. If it is a two day deal, we might just be able to make it on the Saturday only but we will see. Its not far for us which is a plus. It is only about 45min give or take. Yeah, start a thread and once we nail down the date for sure, I will shot Skip a email.

-Jason

benmar2000
05-28-2010, 06:34 AM
July 10th sounds good to me also.. Will end up just making it a day trip for Saturday..

ONLYSUPER
05-28-2010, 10:02 AM
OK then ill post an official thread for the 10th

ONLYSUPER
05-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Here it is
http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30094

If you guys need me to include something else on the post let me know.

ldeihm
05-28-2010, 10:58 AM
I get my son for the summer so each weekend is pretty much booked but by all means keep me in the loop, if something falls through from our plans the wife and kids would be more than happy to attend, and gulches is kinda our place of choice anyway. It would be good to expand the network by face to face as well. anyone venturing to URE this weekend, Ill be there tomorrow till Sunday maybe Monday ?

ONLYSUPER
05-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Feel fre to bring the family. Just keep us posted. Im pretty sure that they will have lots of fun.

ldeihm
05-28-2010, 11:06 AM
We always do, thats one of the reasons skip's is so cool....family oriented. Iam not sure if you have ever been there but if you have I think I might have spoken to you when the swap meet was there a few weeks back.

ONLYSUPER
05-28-2010, 11:24 AM
This will be my first time.

Krawler Hobbies
05-28-2010, 05:44 PM
We always do, thats one of the reasons skip's is so cool....family oriented. Iam not sure if you have ever been there but if you have I think I might have spoken to you when the swap meet was there a few weeks back.

I ALWAYS take the wife and kids willing with me!!

-Jason

benmar2000
05-28-2010, 06:03 PM
The wife and kid won't be going with me this trip.. It will be just too hot for my daughter.. Which is ok.. I get a Daddy wheeling trip every so often.. And when I leave.. She always tells me to bring home in one piece.. :laughing::laughing2:

With the family, I am little more careful.. Alone.. I like trying off camber stuff.. :grinpimp:

ONLYSUPER
05-28-2010, 10:08 PM
l.. Alone.. I like trying off camber stuff.. :grinpimp:

Ill make sure i dont follow you then. :smokin: :laughing:

benmar2000
05-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Ill make sure i dont follow you then. :smokin: :laughing:

OH HELL!! Don't follow me.. I'll get ya lost.. :laughing:

jku_rubicon
05-29-2010, 10:46 AM
July? Damn, I hope we can manage to get together before July. lol

benmar2000
05-29-2010, 10:56 AM
July? Damn, I hope we can manage to get together before July. lol

Yeah.. It's going to be hot and humid.. That time of year you don't put your top down.. If you do.. Wear a hat or your brain will get baked.. :laughing:

I am thinking of taking a chance and driving up and back with no doors..

jku_rubicon
05-29-2010, 11:16 AM
It will be hot in July you're right but I meant more along the lines of I hope you guys make more trips than just one 2 months from now in July ........
I was hoping we could get some of us together for a trip or meet up before then even if it isn't as big of an event. :beer:

benmar2000
05-29-2010, 11:32 AM
How about Labor Day weekend?

ONLYSUPER
06-02-2010, 02:03 PM
It will be hot in July you're right but I meant more along the lines of I hope you guys make more trips than just one 2 months from now in July ........
I was hoping we could get some of us together for a trip or meet up before then even if it isn't as big of an event. :beer:

Any suggestions?

jku_rubicon
06-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Any suggestions?

I am willing to drive 1 1/2 - 2 hours for just a meet and greet hang out thing, anything longer than that I would want to be a overnight trip with some wheeling.
Not knowing where everyone is at in SC, I don't know if that is going to work for everyone. I was thinking Charleston for a meet and greet and Gulches for a wheeling trip since both are in SC.
As for when, throw out some dates and the majority rules I would say. :beer:

ONLYSUPER
06-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Im open for any weekends after the 5th. It would be cool a M&G down in the charleston area. Count me in for any weekend after the 5th.

jku_rubicon
06-02-2010, 05:11 PM
I am hoping people don't say they will go and then back out blaming a "honey do list ", seems to be the trend around here lol
I work an odd schedule but if we can get at least 5 Jeeps together for a Charleston meet and greet I will be there, if we can't get that done then we have issues and don't blame JKO for not giving us a forum lol . :beer:

ONLYSUPER
06-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Well ill be working monday trhu Friday for about 10 weeks so if you have an odd schedule just post a date that would be good and see what happens. The only way i would back out is for work (cause i just started working there) or money (cause im still broke, i just started working after 3 months).

benmar2000
06-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Name the time and place.. I'll go.. :smokin:

enigmaverse
06-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Earliest I can do is July... sorry guys, June is a busy month for me... this weekend is my wife weekend off from the baby, next weekend I'm getting neutered (13th), the next weekend I'll be doing yard/house work in preparation to go to NJ (20th), the following weekend I'm in NJ (27th), the weekend after that is my anniversary(4th), weekend after that is gulches (hopefully), the weekend after that I have family coming to town, the weekend after that Is my wifes bday, after that is my local clubs 2 year anniversary in URE. and that brings us to mid Aug!

whew... going to be a busy summer.

ONLYSUPER
06-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Went to your local club website and i remember that i joined a while ago. I should log in more often.

enigmaverse
06-02-2010, 07:53 PM
you should.. we wen muddin at carolina backwoods on monday. had about 5 rigs there, always a good time, just starting to not like the cleanup :)

Krawler Hobbies
06-03-2010, 05:20 AM
I dont know about charleston for us. Its about a 4.5 hour drive. Sorry guys...

-Jason

weaver1371
06-03-2010, 05:33 AM
I'm going to be home for R&R in the beginning of Aug and I"m planning a trip to URE. It will be a weekday trip though; my weekends are already booked up. I'll post up again with exact dates and if anyone can join, come on up!

jku_rubicon
06-03-2010, 05:36 AM
I'm going to be home for R&R in the beginning of Aug and I"m planning a trip to URE. It will be a weekday trip though; my weekends are already booked up. I'll post up again with exact dates and if anyone can join, come on up!

I would be able to meet you for a weekday trip but I wasn't impressed enough with URE to drive 4+ hours back there again unless it is some huge event.
If you decide you want to do Gulches or something during the week let me know and I could meet you there.
What Branch?

weaver1371
06-03-2010, 05:45 AM
I would be able to meet you for a weekday trip but I wasn't impressed enough with URE to drive 4+ hours back there again unless it is some huge event.
If you decide you want to do Gulches or something during the week let me know and I could meet you there.
What Branch?

I didn't think Gulches was open during the week? I was in the Marines, then National Guard, now I'm one of those "damn" contractors! I got injured in Iraq, so got out and started doing the contractor thing. Keeps me close to the military.

jku_rubicon
06-03-2010, 05:47 AM
I didn't think Gulches was open during the week? I was in the Marines, then National Guard, now I'm one of those "damn" contractors! I got injured in Iraq, so got out and started doing the contractor thing. Keeps me close to the military.

USMC 94-98, close ties to Contracting myself, PSD or Static?
We should talk sometime, maybe do a wheel and shoot when you get CONUS. :beer:

weaver1371
06-03-2010, 05:49 AM
USMC 94-98, close ties to Contracting myself, PSD or Static?
We should talk sometime, maybe do a wheel and shoot when you get CONUS. :beer:

95-99 :beer:
What do you do now?

jku_rubicon
06-03-2010, 05:52 AM
95-99 :beer:
What do you do now?

PM inbound

weaver1371
06-03-2010, 05:53 AM
PM inbound

Roger that

ldeihm
06-03-2010, 06:20 AM
Only Friday, Saturday, and Sundays..your correct

MBSCWranglerX
06-03-2010, 06:25 AM
Hey Guys!! I'd be able to make a Charleston M&G the 10th or the 31st!!!! I'm in MB, so it wouldn't be that far for me. ALSO.....I did my factory fender mod yesterday. If there's anyone thinkin' about doing it, let me know...got some good advice and learned alot during the process!!!!!

MBSCWranglerX
06-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Any progress on the Outkast Sticker??? And what I gotta do to get JK Outkasts Member put on my profile?????? THANKS!!!!

jku_rubicon
06-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Having done Uwharrie, River Rock and Durhamtown, I have not done Gulches which is another reason I wanted to check it out and maybe do a trip there with you guys.
How does it compare to the places I listed? I consider River Rock the most technical, Durhamtown fun but difficult when it is raining or if it's wet, and URE as bleh.

enigmaverse
06-03-2010, 09:09 AM
It makes URE look like a simple trail ride, but it is MUCH smaller.. you'r looking at about 100 acres I think. But Skip has packed some pretty impressive trails into the system. Its got everything for light trail riding (equivalent to URE) on the main access trails. all the way to "cage only" trails.

I spoke to one of the regulars up there and he said they made a lot of improvements over the winter, so it should be an interesting ride.

Krawler Hobbies
06-03-2010, 09:14 AM
To do the "JKOutcast", all you do is go to your user cp. Then go to edit signature. There, you can make it say whatever you would like!

The only place I have been is the Gultches and it was a blast! There is everything and anything there you would like to do. Where is Une or whatever its called? And that place is not that good??

-Jason

jku_rubicon
06-03-2010, 09:24 AM
To do the "JKOutcast", all you do is go to your user cp. Then go to edit signature. There, you can make it say whatever you would like!

The only place I have been is the Gultches and it was a blast! There is everything and anything there you would like to do. Where is Une or whatever its called? And that place is not that good??

-Jason

Uwharrie ( URE for short ) is in NC about an hour NE of Charlotte. I only went there once and it was nice and a state park but we ran the most difficult trail and felt like it was on the easy to moderate side for most other places.
Depends what you like. If it wasn't over 4 hours from me I would go back more often just to hit some trails and camp but for me I don't think it will be on the regular schedule. :)

enigmaverse
06-03-2010, 09:45 AM
URE (or UWharrie) Is a national forest near Troy, NC. Its got great trail riding with what I would say is mostly mild trails with occasional obstacles. That doesnt mean there is no challenge there, but it makes for a great weekend of light trail riding and hanging out. We go there often and usual either camp on trail or at one of the camp sites. There are other activities there as well, such as a shooting range, horse trails, boating, hiking, etc.

Its a wonderful place to go and comparing it to Gulches really isnt fair... two different terrains and intents. Gulches is strictly a private ORV Park. the difficulty jumps quick and certainly has many more complicated trails and obstacles

ONLYSUPER
06-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Any progress on the Outkast Sticker??? And what I gotta do to get JK Outcasts Member put on my profile?????? THANKS!!!!

Pixeldzn is cleaning the artwork . He just got it from .:emetal:. at the beginning of the week. I hope he got something on the works. I'm sending him a pm tomorrow. Sit tight. :beer:

benmar2000
06-03-2010, 12:07 PM
URE (or UWharrie) Is a national forest near Troy, NC. Its got great trail riding with what I would say is mostly mild trails with occasional obstacles. That doesnt mean there is no challenge there, but it makes for a great weekend of light trail riding and hanging out. We go there often and usual either camp on trail or at one of the camp sites. There are other activities there as well, such as a shooting range, horse trails, boating, hiking, etc.

Its a wonderful place to go and comparing it to Gulches really isnt fair... two different terrains and intents. Gulches is strictly a private ORV Park. the difficulty jumps quick and certainly has many more complicated trails and obstacles

Well.. They changed some things a little at URE.. Including making the erosion berms higher.. LOL But you are right.. URE has long mild to moderate trails.. With Wolfs Den being the easiest I think and Danial being the hardest.. On a good day and no traffic, you can do 70% of the trails in 3 hours at URE..

Now Gulches.. OH YEAH!! That is basically a big playground for Jeeps.. :D Smaller and more compact then URE.. I like how all the trails are one way at Gulches.. No head on traffic like you have at URE..

Oh.. Who is brave enough to take their JK on Papa Gulches.. :laughing::laughing2:

enigmaverse
06-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Papa Gulch is only for those you dont like their windshields... I only know of one windshield that made it up in one piece... and it was cracked.

I havent even done Shipwreck yet... but I will. Busted a brake line on the 2nd day there last time and really didnt want to try it without all four brakes. :)

benmar2000
06-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Papa Gulch is only for those you dont like their windshields... I only know of one windshield that made it up in one piece... and it was cracked.

I havent even done Shipwreck yet... but I will. Busted a brake line on the 2nd day there last time and really didnt want to try it without all four brakes. :)

I haven't even done Shipwreck but I saw my buddy Ryan do it while following this freakin insane XJ with D60's..

Krawler Hobbies
06-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Is it free free to get in URE? How far north? Is it like a senice type ride?

Yeah Gultches has some crazy lines! We watched a jeep get winched out of Papa Gultch twice the last timewe where there! Then I parked at the top of shipwreck and watched a Yota go up it and radical revine and it was almost dark!

-Jason

enigmaverse
06-03-2010, 02:31 PM
URE is $5 per day or $30 for a season pass. As far as how far from you not sure... google Troy, NC and check the map. its 2.5 - 3 hours from Myrtle Beach.

benmar2000
06-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Yeah.. It is like 4hrs for me... We always meet up at Eldorado Outpost which also sells the passes. If nobody here is going, just go to the outpost and you can always find a group that is going..

Krawler Hobbies
06-04-2010, 05:29 AM
I bet it is not to far. I will have to look into it and check it out! Thanks guys! :beer:

-Jason

enigmaverse
06-04-2010, 07:17 AM
A quick check on Google says 3 hours... I wouldnt be surprised if you could do it in 2.5 or less. Look like google want to keep you on certain main roads, I know for me, the way they send you is about 1/2 hour 45 min longer than the way I go.

benmar2000
06-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Joe - How's the kid doing? Are you ready to take her off road?

enigmaverse
06-04-2010, 09:34 AM
She's doing great! just rolled over for the first time the other day. 4 1/2 mo. I dont think she's quite ready for some offroading, it may be a few more years before she has the coordination to work the pedals and steer. :)

benmar2000
06-04-2010, 09:41 AM
She's doing great! just rolled over for the first time the other day. 4 1/2 mo. I dont think she's quite ready for some offroading, it may be a few more years before she has the coordination to work the pedals and steer. :)

Cool.. Wait till she starts to walk.. Look out and baby proof the house.. LOL

My daughter was 5 when we took her off road for the first time.. She loved it.. The erosion berms at Uwharrie were like whoopty doos to her.. :D WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

MBSCWranglerX
06-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Hey Guys.....Before I go any further, let me be the first to say that I totally DO NOT take credit for the "Make the letter T a Palmetto Tree" idea, lol....THINK IT'S AWESOME, THOUGH, SO I USED IT!!!!

ANYWAY, just thought I'd post a pic of the decals that my brother Jamie made for me at his shop yesterday. The "JKOutlaw" and "JK" stickers are made of high quality vinyl. If anyone is interested in a duplicate, one in a different color, or have any other decals that you may want, let me know. He's really experienced and can do everything from factory brands (warn, superlift, etc...which isn't exactly the most legal thing to do, but if ya want em he'll make em, lol) to custom design.

Lastly....I'm not trying to take any business away from any sponsors, vendors, etc, so if you've already got a sign shop or something and are selling stickers and stuff on here, or if you need decals and already have a connection, GREAT!!!! BUT, if not....send me a message, would love to help ya out!!!!

pixeldzn
06-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Decal now available in my shop, sans the jkowners.com text.

If you guys want to customize them for yourselves, don't hesitate to ask. I own a jk and this stuff supports my hobby.

http://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/image/cache/jk_outcast-400x400.jpg

http://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=164

ONLYSUPER
06-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Thanks Don. There you go guys.

SONIC
06-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Those look great!
What color matches the stock silver vinyl the best?

ONLYSUPER
06-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Light Gray. I have ordered the dark gray before and is too dark to be close to the stock silver.

enigmaverse
06-08-2010, 03:35 PM
i went with silver... :beer:

Thanks Don!

MBSCWranglerX
06-08-2010, 04:39 PM
GREAT WORK!!! I'll be ordering one as well!!!! SOMEBODY, ANYBODY... let's go wheelin!!! I've went crazy on my rig these past two weeks. It's ridin' without the front bumper on right now, just waitin' on my Rough Country Winch Plate for the factory bumper to come in tomorrow!! Puttin' a 10,000lb winch on the plate. I chopped the fenders, stubbied the bumper using the rough country caps, removed the side steps, painted inside the fender wells and where the steps were, got new BFG All Terrain 35's, and I'll have my new TrekTop on Thursday!!!! Also put the decals in my earlier post on this week as well!! READY TO GO.....ANYONE GOING TO GET DIRTY IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO, GIMME A SHOUT!!!!!

weaver1371
06-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Decal now available in my shop, sans the jkowners.com text.

If you guys want to customize them for yourselves, don't hesitate to ask. I own a jk and this stuff supports my hobby.

http://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/image/cache/jk_outcast-400x400.jpg

http://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=164

Nice!!

jku_rubicon
06-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Will these fit behind the front fender or are these made for the hood?
I was planning to put mine between the front fender and front door.

benmar2000
06-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Will these fit behind the front fender or are these made for the hood?
I was planning to put mine between the front fender and front door.

The size says.. "size: 8.25" x 3""

So I would say on the side.. I am going to put mine between the door and wheel well.. Should fill in that gap rather nicely.. :smokin:

jku_rubicon
06-09-2010, 07:08 AM
Cool,
same place I want to put mine. Once I get them on, my JKO sticker will be coming off.
So the light grey matches the stock silverish Rubicon stickers best?

ONLYSUPER
06-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Cool,
same place I want to put mine. Once I get them on, my JKO sticker will be coming off.

Yes:beer:

06-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Nice work pixeldzn :beer:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pixeldzn
06-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Cool,

No. Silver matches the stock silver. Grey is close, but it doesn't have the slight metallic nature to it.

jku_rubicon
06-09-2010, 03:39 PM
No. Silver matches the stock silver. Grey is close, but it doesn't have the slight metallic nature to it.

Thanks.

enigmaverse
06-18-2010, 11:25 AM
ya know what really sux? when you thought you ordered a sticker in silver, and it turns out you ordered it in white. fricken dumbass.

anybody want a white sticker?

ONLYSUPER
06-21-2010, 04:22 PM
ya know what really sux? when you thought you ordered a sticker in silver, and it turns out you ordered it in white. fricken dumbass.

anybody want a white sticker?

That sucks. Has anybody else got any decals? I get paid by the end of the month :bawling: so im waiting to order.

jku_rubicon
06-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Ordered a set tonight, hs anyone gotten theirs yet?

benmar2000
06-21-2010, 05:38 PM
That sucks. Has anybody else got any decals? I get paid by the end of the month :bawling: so im waiting to order.

I know the feeling.. :bawling: I don't get paid until this friday.. Can't wait to get the order in.. :smokin:

ONLYSUPER
06-21-2010, 05:40 PM
I know the feeling.. :bawling: I don't get paid until this friday.. Can't wait to get the order in.. :smokin:

Yeah but ive been waiting for this one for 3 months, lol. Im so broke right now that is not funny no more.

ONLYSUPER
06-24-2010, 07:13 PM
So whats new people. Got paid today and just realized I'm broke again. It sucks. Oh well. Tomorrow is Friday and i still got some Jack and DR PePPER left.

MBSCWranglerX
06-24-2010, 09:38 PM
So whats new people. Got paid today and just realized I'm broke again. It sucks. Oh well. Tomorrow is Friday and i still got some Jack and DR PePPER left.

SO....does that mean you've got PEPPERJACK??? Hmmm...

What's New?? Last minute thing, but may be going to UWHARRIE Sat or Sun, gonna be approx 1.5 hrs away in Statesville visiting the G'Friend's family. I'm SURE she will just LOVE it when I ask her, "Hey, Honey....can I break away from visiting your fam to go wheelin'??? lol...........nah, will prob just take her with me on the way back in on Sunday.....Good stuff

jku_rubicon
06-27-2010, 05:25 AM
My stickers shipped Friday, I will post a pic when I get them on. No one else has received theirs yet or am I the only one who has ordered a set?

ONLYSUPER
06-28-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm about to order mine but I'm keeping a tight control to my budget. Theres no room for mistakes for me here. Cant afford to not have $ for gas.

SONIC
06-28-2010, 05:58 PM
CWS....
2-0 Cocks at the moment.
FUCK yeah

Okay back on topic I still havent bought my stickers lol

jku_rubicon
06-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Snapped a quick pic

ONLYSUPER
06-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Had to made the pic smaller. But it looks bitchin.:beer:

jku_rubicon
06-30-2010, 06:55 PM

Sorry about the pic size, I took the pic with my Droid and even though I reduced the quality it still was a huge pic for some reason . Thanks for fixing it. :beer:
The empty space above the Wrangler sticker is reserved for my Wounded Warrior Project decal that should be here in a couple days.

ONLYSUPER
07-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Getting ready for the long weekend. Cant wait. As soon as i get out of work tomorrow im driving up to the lake.

Whooot

Randy727
07-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Dont think I can be considered a SC Outcast since I was born, and now reside in Texas, but I did spend about 3 years of my life in SC. Moved there when I was 12 and left when I was seventeen. I really liked it there. Lots of first for me there. First teen year, first experience driving, first beer, first piece of .......... Anyways, I was from a town called North. I no that sounds crazy but yes North, South Carolina. It was South East of Columbia. Any of you fine gents from that area? Would be sweet to find some of my old friends turned Jeepers. I have not been in touch with anyone from my home town for several years.

ONLYSUPER
07-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Just ordered my stickers, whooooooooooooot.

weaver1371
07-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Mine shipped out yesterday. Having them sent here to Afghanistan to take them back home with me at the end of the month! :laughing:

ONLYSUPER
07-09-2010, 05:48 AM
Thats a long way

weaver1371
07-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Got them in today! Now, I just need to get home and put them on the Jeep:D
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=974&pictureid=6070

ONLYSUPER
07-23-2010, 05:30 AM
I got mine yesterday. Now i need to make time to put them on.

ONLYSUPER
07-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Whats new peoples?

07-25-2010, 11:46 PM
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21155&stc=1&d=1277937862

Got them in today! Now, I just need to get home and put them on the Jeep:D
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=974&pictureid=6070

they changed up a bit huh? hmmmmmmmm... definitely thinking about getting one but i'm liking the original with the state better.

weaver1371
07-26-2010, 03:23 AM
they changed up a bit huh? hmmmmmmmm... definitely thinking about getting one but i'm liking the original with the state better.

Na, I had them change it for me. I have to be a little different!

weaver1371
07-26-2010, 03:24 AM
Whats new peoples?

Not much, just counting down the days! 7 days until R&R!!:bounce::bounce::beer::beer:

ONLYSUPER
07-26-2010, 11:13 AM
I hear ya

MBSCWranglerX
07-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Just chimin' in.....Outcasts stickers look great..... WHEN WE WHEELIN' AGAIN???

The Joker
07-27-2010, 03:29 PM
What's up South Cackalacky!
Can I be here is I can hit South Carolina with a baseball from my house? Seriously, right across the river.

I know alot of you guys are planning on coming to our show. HERE (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29849)

We are having a contest for the logo. Check it out. HERE (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33655)

MBSCWranglerX
07-27-2010, 03:31 PM

Greenfeet
07-27-2010, 06:47 PM
What's up South Cackalacky!
Can I be here is I can hit South Carolina with a baseball from my house? Seriously, right across the river.

I know alot of you guys are planning on coming to our show. HERE (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29849)

We are having a contest for the logo. Check it out. HERE (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33655)

I will have you the Logo, completed in a day or two,You will get a chubby when you see it.

weaver1371
07-27-2010, 07:38 PM

Uwharrie, Aug 11th-13th

enigmaverse
07-27-2010, 07:54 PM

Again implies you guys made it the first time... last I checked me and greenfeet were left high and dry. :beer:

... not that a good time wasnt had.

Greenfeet
07-27-2010, 08:41 PM

I know I will be WHEELIN' down to "Savannah for the LCMR Jeep and Poker Run", just in case you did not know that was coming up soon. Will be leaving Friday afternoon.

ONLYSUPER
07-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Hey now. I really wanted to go and the family emergency didn't help me. But theres more opportunities coming up.

flight risk
07-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Hello Outcast's... Love the sticker... I also like the fact that someone realizes SC is never represented> May I tote the Outcast sig?

I too am a swamp boy/ Outcast. Moved to the city (Charleston) about 10 years ago and love it!

benmar2000
07-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Hello Outcast's... Love the sticker... I also like the fact that someone realizes SC is never represented> May I tote the Outcast sig?

I too am a swamp boy/ Outcast. Moved to the city (Charleston) about 10 years ago and love it!

Welcome aboard.. Hey, are you going to try to make the Meet n Greet?

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32964

flight risk
07-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Welcome aboard.. Hey, are you going to try to make the Meet n Greet?

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32964
M&G? When and where?

benmar2000
07-28-2010, 05:51 PM
M&G? When and where?

Wild Wings in Mt Pleasant at noon on Aug 9th..

flight risk
07-28-2010, 05:55 PM
That would be a negative. I have to work during the week... and I actually work in St George, if you know where that is... Long way. I will be up for any evening or weekend meet though.

ONLYSUPER
07-29-2010, 01:47 AM
I think i can make this M&G

ONLYSUPER
07-30-2010, 01:17 AM
I cant sleep. Today is going to be a long day. I should start dinking.

enigmaverse
07-30-2010, 06:32 AM
baby got me up early. Gonna be a fun Saturday for me: Oil Change, Rear dif inspection and fluid change, Installing some ORE Rockstars, and a TF adj. front trackbar. :)

Greenfeet
07-30-2010, 06:58 AM
baby got me up early. Gonna be a fun Saturday for me: Oil Change, Rear dif inspection and fluid change, Installing some ORE Rockstars, and a TF adj. front trackbar. :)

Your baby is growing up, the Jeep that is,lol

benmar2000
07-30-2010, 07:35 AM
I have to get up at 7am and start mowing my weed garden I call a back yard.. LOL If tomorrow is going to be like today.. UGH!! We are under another Heat Warning of 120+ degree heat index.. Come on Sept..

ONLYSUPER
07-30-2010, 01:15 PM
We are under another Heat Warning of 120+ degree heat index.. Come on Sept..

No shit, i don't even want to ride topless anymore, the humidity index is fucking retarded.

MBSCWranglerX
07-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Hey Guys...thought I'd write to say that I no longer "own my JK. I opted to trade my stepbrother for his SICK, AWESOME YJ...PAID FOR, No Payment. Hated to do it, especially after I finally got my JK lookin' right, but the thought of no payment and all with me about to get engaged sold me on it. I'm extremely happy with the trade, though...I'll still "technically" own the JK, as i kept it in my name and financed it for him...so I'm still somewhat of a JKO! Anyway, I'll still be on here all the time and will keep in touch with u guys!! Will post some pics of the YJ to get ya thoughts......MBSCWRANGLERX

benmar2000
07-30-2010, 04:06 PM
No shit, i don't even want to ride topless anymore, the humidity index is fucking retarded.

Oh.. I quit back in June.. Too damn hot for that.. Now, top up windows out but doors off.. OH YEAH!! As long as it have one of those nasty storms we had.. Damn trees behind my house got hit a few times by lightning strikes.. Freakin crazy...

Hey Guys...thought I'd write to say that I no longer "own my JK. I opted to trade my stepbrother for his SICK, AWESOME YJ...PAID FOR, No Payment. Hated to do it, especially after I finally got my JK lookin' right, but the thought of no payment and all with me about to get engaged sold me on it. I'm extremely happy with the trade, though...I'll still "technically" own the JK, as i kept it in my name and financed it for him...so I'm still somewhat of a JKO! Anyway, I'll still be on here all the time and will keep in touch with u guys!! Will post some pics of the YJ to get ya thoughts......MBSCWRANGLERX

Real Jeeps have leaf springs.. :smokin::grinpimp::beer:

MBSCWranglerX
07-30-2010, 06:53 PM
I stand corrected on my "NEW" Jeep....it's an '86 CJ-7 with the 4.2L I6 2BBL Engine.....here's a couple pics!!!

enigmaverse
07-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Oh.. I quit back in June.. Too damn hot for that.. Now, top up windows out but doors off.. OH YEAH!! As long as it have one of those nasty storms we had.. Damn trees behind my house got hit a few times by lightning strikes.. Freakin crazy...

I've been running top up doors off for the past couple weeks... hopefully the heat breaks so the the top can come down again.

MBSCWranglerX
07-30-2010, 07:16 PM
I feel ya pain, JOE!! Been ridiculous here in MB.....and now that I'm drivin' the CJ, NO AIR!!! (yet....lol)

benmar2000
07-30-2010, 07:39 PM
I feel ya pain, JOE!! Been ridiculous here in MB.....and now that I'm drivin' the CJ, NO AIR!!! (yet....lol)

Drove my 95 YJ for 12 years here in SC.. Never had AC.. Just drove it with no doors and windows.. All natural AC.. LOL

ONLYSUPER
07-30-2010, 07:50 PM

Drove my 95 YJ for 12 years here in SC.. Never had AC.. Just drove it with no doors and windows.. All natural AC.. LOL

I would rather keep the payment than driving w/o AC anywhere in SC.

benmar2000
07-30-2010, 08:07 PM
I would rather keep the payment than driving w/o AC anywhere in SC.

Used to drive it back and forth from Georgetown to North Charleston and back about 2 to 3 times a month.. Imagine a YJ with me, wife, kid, a 50lb English Pointer, and some luggage and stuff.. It was packed.. the windows were bulging.. LOL ROFL..

MBSCWranglerX
07-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Used to drive it back and forth from Georgetown to North Charleston and back about 2 to 3 times a month.. Imagine a YJ with me, wife, kid, a 50lb English Pointer, and some luggage and stuff.. It was packed.. the windows were bulging.. LOL ROFL..

THAT'S PRETTY HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!! :beer::bounce::beer:

enigmaverse
07-30-2010, 09:10 PM

So you traded a $20K+/- JK for a CJ thats worth maybe 6-7K tops?

I hope you didnt have a lot in your JK.

good luck with it, I couldnt trade mine if my life depended on it.... and to think of all of August with no A/C... ugh

ONLYSUPER
07-30-2010, 10:55 PM
I couldnt trade mine if my life depended on it....

Yep. they have to take it out of my cold hands, :thefinger:

MBSCWranglerX
07-31-2010, 05:19 AM
So you traded a $20K+/- JK for a CJ thats worth maybe 6-7K tops?

I hope you didnt have a lot in your JK.

good luck with it, I couldnt trade mine if my life depended on it.... and to think of all of August with no A/C... ugh

I pretty much sold my JK for 21550 and gave him 5K for the CJ, if you break it down by numbers.....not too bad in my opinion, as I didn't really have any money in the Mods. See, I traded my soft top EVEN for a Hard Top, sold the hard top, and spent the money from the sale on the Mods. SO, no "out of pocket" money spent, lol.

I won't deny that I'll miss the JK, but sometimes ya gotta do what's best for the pocket, right? At least I managed to still have a jeep!!! :smokin:

enigmaverse
07-31-2010, 07:31 AM
I won't deny that I'll miss the JK, but sometimes ya gotta do what's best for the pocket, right? At least I managed to still have a jeep!!! :smokin:

Without a doubt. We'll have to hook up once it cools a little. A bunch of guys from CCOR are hitting URE next weekend for our 2nd Anniversary. I wont be making it, but jump on the board and check it out if you want to get some wheelin in.

weaver1371
08-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Anyone in Myrtle beach know of a good shop? I'm here on vacation and my need to have someone look at my RCV axle. It's slinging grease

benmar2000
08-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Anyone in Myrtle beach know of a good shop? I'm here on vacation and my need to have someone look at my RCV axle. It's slinging grease

Joe knows some shop.. I think it is called Low Range 4x4...

enigmaverse
08-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Weaver... shooting you a PM now

weaver1371
08-03-2010, 03:32 PM
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=974&pictureid=6286

The Joker
08-03-2010, 03:46 PM
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=974&pictureid=6286

nice! you back in town?

weaver1371
08-04-2010, 06:56 AM
nice! you back in town?

Yea, I'm in Myrtle Beach this week. Going to the house in the a.m. thursday and hopefully will put the off road hero top on. just let me know how you want to try and get the bestop.

benmar2000
08-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Yea, I'm in Myrtle Beach this week. Going to the house in the a.m. thursday and hopefully will put the off road hero top on. just let me know how you want to try and get the bestop.

If Lee wouldn't mind, I could take it to him Sept 18th when I come down for the Jeep show in Savannah. I could get it from you on monday next week..

weaver1371
08-04-2010, 03:19 PM
If Lee wouldn't mind, I could take it to him Sept 18th when I come down for the Jeep show in Savannah. I could get it from you on monday next week..

That sounds good

The Joker
08-04-2010, 07:36 PM

That sounds good

cool. Thanks man. I'll actually be coming up to Charleston in a couple of weeks and can get it from you then. the next two weekends are going to be spent in Atlanta getting my son moved in to college..... these goes the Jeep fund.
And Weaver, you're the man. Let me know when you get back for good. We'll have to get together and do some wheeling.