Cruise control [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Cruise control

BrianJK
08-14-2008, 05:40 AM
Has anybody installed there own OME Cruise Control?
If so a bit of info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Brian P

Grover
08-15-2008, 09:59 AM
a guy on the other forum did a write up on it

Randyzzz
08-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Just put mine on last weekend. Remember to unhook the battery and let it sit a few minutes. The hardest part was removing the airbag- those clips are a bear. Use a small mirror so you can see what you're up against. I used a mini pry bar, the kind with a round shaft and a bent hook on one end. Did the bottom clip first, then the top two. Then basically follow the included instructions, they are cheesy but they work. Remember to unhook the white clockspring connector before pulling the steering wheel. Leave the steering wheel retaining bolt in a few threads so the steering wheel doesn't pop you in the forehead when you pull it off. One thing they don't show is the shroud that screws back on has alignment tabs for each separate switch, make sure to line them up before screwing the shroud to the wheel. The tabs fit in between the switch tabs. After reassembly, the computer recognizes a cruise has been installed and everything works like it came from the factory that way. Good luck!

Steve-UK
08-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Did mine a few months ago, here's the post Fitted cruise control (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2367&highlight=Cruise)