Looking for lift information [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Looking for lift information

rocrat
10-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Thank you to the folks that welcomed me aboard last week. I'm here tonight looking for jk lift information. I will need to get the ball rolling. I want to stay in the 3-4 inch range and don't want to sacrifice the "comfort of the stock ride" just looking to clear 35's, add some clearance and add a little room to articulate. What I think I know so far is that it is preferred to add an adjustable front trrack bar as opposed to a relocation bracket? Some kits claim no drive shaft mods necessary, some hint at the possibilitly and some flat say it is necessary. What I don't understand is why the differences in lifts that essentially raise the vehicle an identical 3-4 inches. I also know the "arms" on the JK are longer then those of jeeps in the past and some say that replacing them with a long arm kit is not going to buy me that much, hmmm? I know that Superlift did well in the recent shoot out and that they did it without breaking the bank. I also know that the shoot out was missing a number of lift companies! Anyone one have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance,
rocrat with the 08 flame red unlimited rubi

MichaelW
10-07-2007, 09:54 PM
I am closing this thread as this is the same here (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290).

Please don't post duplicate posts. You will get better answers from one thread than many on the same forum.

Thanks!