Help Uwharrie NC trails Stay open [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Help Uwharrie NC trails Stay open

tkob1060
05-06-2010, 04:26 PM
this is copied from NC4x4

Short story: Due to a court ruling, the Forest Service must make a new Land and Resource Management Plan for each national forest. YOU can have a say in how this plan is made! But you have to do it BEFORE May 8th, 2010. ONLY if our voice is heard can we expect Uwharrie to be there for our future use.

Here is where you can read The Plan draft: http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/uwharrie_plan/index.htm

Here is where you can send your comment: submit remarks to:
comments-southern-north-carolina@fs.fed.us
Include "Uwharrie Plan" in the subject line.

If you don't have time to read the plan and formulate a comment, at least take the time to copy, paste and send the following.

SAMPLE COMMENT

"Thank you for the opportunity to participate in the planning process for Uwharrie National Forest.

As a user of the forest I ask that you continue to provide FULL SIZE OHV, "Jeep", trails as part of the new plan."

benmar2000
05-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Wife and I sent Comments.. I will let others in my area that go up there know of this also..

Tim - If you hear of any public meetings on this, please let me know. I would like to attend them.. And I might have to crash on your couch.. I will let some of the attorneys I work for know and see if they can help.. Most of them are tree huggers but they do like me.. See if they can do it Pro Bono.. DAMN IT!!! I am not going to let the FS close my favorite play ground... :pissed::pissed::mr-t:

Ben Hedrick
03-05-2011, 06:07 AM
I've sent mine...

I really like Jeeping at URE... I think that it is very under rated as a great place to camp and Jeep.

Here's my last trip to URE: http://benhedrick.com/uwharrie_jeeping.htm

Thanks for the info, Ben

enigmaverse
03-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Grave diggin Ben?

I submitted last year when you posted Tim... cant hurt to send more :)

fishgutz
03-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Link to plan no longer works. The Uwharrie web site is also no longer active.