Monthly trail ride [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Monthly trail ride

karnuvore
08-04-2008, 08:52 PM
OK....I keep throwing stuff against the wall here waiting to see what sticks. Here is my next brilliant idea.

A monthly Jeep Owners Florida/GA/whatever trail ride.

When: 1st Saturday/Sunday of Every month, starting November

Basically, camp out the first weekend of the month every month from November, til whenever it gets too hot to camp there (was around May this year for me). You wouldnt be OBLIGATED to camp every month, but just whenever you wanted to show. That way, if enough people showed interest, there could consistently be someone there waiting to wheel w/ you every month. It's easier than planning trail rides over and over.

I camp Big scrub campground just about every weekend in the fall/winter/spring for months on end. It's in the heart of where all the good sand trails are and there are quite a few muddy trails there as well when the rain gets going. It's a cheap campground, I think $7-12 per night or something like that. They have bathrooms w/ hot showers. No electric hookups, but every site has it's own picnic table and fire ring. Approx 50 or so camp sites. The campground is EXTREMELY wheeler friendly. It is basically a 4wheeler campground. They lock the gate at night for the 4wheelers but give the 4x4 guys the combination so we can ride around (no 4 wheeling allowed in ocala @ night - unless you drive a licensed vehicle).

The only downside is that the campground has very little shade, but that's not such an issue in the cooler months.

I am posting this up this far in advance hoping to get some feedback and to let people spread the word. So there you go Florida. This could get HUGE if a few jeep clubs got wind of it. Or it could be our little secret. I will be posting this up on jkboard as well as jacked-up-jeepclub and FJOA.

Thanks.

karnuvore
08-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Grant211
08-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

is that the big gay bear?
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k13/SANTOMEDERICK/GAY%20STUFF/BEAR.jpg

I don't camp man... sorry... never got into it.

karnuvore
08-05-2008, 05:41 PM
You could stay at a holiday inn express.

72Jeeper
08-23-2008, 06:49 PM
is that the big gay bear?
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k13/SANTOMEDERICK/GAY%20STUFF/BEAR.jpg

I don't camp man... sorry... never got into it.

I didn't think you were allowed to own a Jeep and not camp out at least sometimes???? lol That's OK Grant my wife won't camp out either... lmao

Grant211
08-23-2008, 07:03 PM
I didn't think you were allowed to own a Jeep and not camp out at least sometimes???? lol That's OK Grant my wife won't camp out either... lmao

No.. worries man...

That reminds me... when are you going camping again? Your wife keeps asking me to stop by. :smokin:

I camped about 2 weeks ago in Buffalo NY for the Watkins Glen NASCAR race. Does that count?

72Jeeper
08-23-2008, 07:13 PM
No.. worries man...

That reminds me... when are you going camping again? Your wife keeps asking me to stop by. :smokin:

I camped about 2 weeks ago in Buffalo NY for the Watkins Glen NASCAR race. Does that count?

That' just WRONG man!! :laughing2: I should have seen that one coming..

Grant211
08-23-2008, 07:26 PM
That' just WRONG man!! :laughing2: I should have seen that one coming..
LOL!!! ha ha ha ha... :laughing:

so back on topic... Monthly Trail Rides - Set something up for September Dave!

karnuvore
08-24-2008, 08:58 AM
I will be doing so this week. I am working on having another lakeland m&g and trail ride afterwards. Maybe make this one a noon meet then ride. So we have some day light. I am talking (via jake's forum - shameless plug: www.jacked-up-jeepclub.com) with the lakeland jeep club. If I can get them interested, we might have dozens of jeeps (they have 70 members).

I'll post it up this week.

karnuvore
08-25-2008, 04:18 AM
Later!,
Going to Japan to visit my daughter and host daughter!
If only I could bring my Jeep!

And I went ahead and ordered the LOD rear bumper and tire swing so the wait won't feel so long when I get back.

Maybe someone one will have a meet and greet / trail ride setup soon...hint...

Hold down the fort... be back in two weeks

Hhehehe..this is from the other forum. Someone, post up that a trail ride is coming soon. Dont say from who though - you might get the ban stick.

Grant211
08-25-2008, 05:51 AM
Hhehehe..this is from the other forum. Someone, post up that a trail ride is coming soon. Dont say from who though - you might get the ban stick.

what are the details of the trail ride? Where/when/ etc....

karnuvore
08-25-2008, 09:21 AM
It's just Bill asking someone to plan one. Good indicator of how things are progressing on that forum since this forum became home. Apparently he's going on Japan and when he gets back he wants to ride.

I'm working on a Sept. ride. The Jacked-up club is meeting this friday. Hope to know something about a sept. meetngreet/trail ride extravaganza by then.

Grant211
08-25-2008, 09:26 AM
It's just Bill asking someone to plan one. Good indicator of how things are progressing on that forum since this forum became home. .

Does he know about this website???? We need to bring him and other crew over here.

karnuvore
08-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Find a way to tell him that doesnt get you banned lol.

The guys are afraid to PM.

Grant211
08-25-2008, 05:52 PM

good idea... his profile shows his e-mail address... i could just e-mail him

72Jeeper
08-26-2008, 06:40 PM

We need to get the other guys to go to the M&G and then just let them kow of this site and how much WE like it and would like them to join us. Not really defectors but maybe just let them ride the fence a while so they can keep up on whats going on here in Fl. I'm not planning on geetting myself banned, I just plan on talking and keeping up with the more active forums, nowadays it seems to be here doesen't it??

karnuvore
08-27-2008, 08:01 AM
We need to get the other guys to go to the M&G and then just let them kow of this site and how much WE like it and would like them to join us. Not really defectors but maybe just let them ride the fence a while so they can keep up on whats going on here in Fl. I'm not planning on geetting myself banned, I just plan on talking and keeping up with the more active forums, nowadays it seems to be here doesen't it??

I told most of them at the M&G at TGIFridays that I was here. They'll figure it out. But yeah, we need to get a M&G going. I have no problem w/ anyone posting my M&Gs there. I'd do it myself, but I cant let the Police over there know Im cruising their forums.

bfj aka tambil
09-12-2008, 06:34 PM
OK,,, just got back and got an email ...thanks Clark...
Japan was awesome! Working on the Jeep, and ready to ride. I told Manny about this site. Didn't have time to even visit the Jacked-up-jeep site since that vaca took a lot out of me, both planning, doing, and then getting back and caught up.
Nice to see I was remembered...LOL
As you know the other site is blocking PM's and banning rather quickly especially regarding anything in the Florida section.... oh well... his loss.
Glad to be here and will contribute to the board as I can, and will make it to as many rides as I can. Also will look for alternative trial ride areas to explore and share.
Anywho.. enough blah blah blah... Glad to be here. Hope this forum stays peaceful.

jeff'sjk
09-12-2008, 07:59 PM
sounds like a good idea

karnuvore
09-15-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm still planning on doing this. I will bump it in the FJOA forum soon. They liked it over there.

southwindphoto
09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me. I work most weekends, but not during January and February. Slow months for me.

Can a motor home make it to Big Scrub?

Crazy X
09-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me. I work most weekends, but not during January and February. Slow months for me.

Can a motor home make it to Big Scrub?

Yes it can,Ive seen many there :):bounce:

karnuvore
10-19-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm going Nov 1. Anyone wanna go?