Uwharrie, Saturday, May 1st [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Uwharrie, Saturday, May 1st

sin52
04-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Anyone who's interested just reply to this thread and I'll add you to the list.

We'll meet at Eldorado Outpost between 09:30-10:00
Would like to try and hit the trails around 10:30ish.

C.B. CH 10 will be primary. 12 will be the backup channel.
1. Sin52 (camp)
2. SONIC
3. jku rubicon
4. JK-JAKE (camp)
5. johnmcd
6. tkob1060(pending repairs)
7. jku rubicon (arrival 1300 Eldorado Outpost)

I'll be camping for the night.

SONIC
04-27-2010, 02:08 PM
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27757

:beer:

Lists are good though :thefinger:

BlueTJ
04-27-2010, 02:15 PM
i get my jeep out of the shop tomorrow, but i have a little league tourney to goto this week, maybe the 8th?

SONIC
04-27-2010, 02:22 PM
You know he would rather wheel than play baseball :laughing:

jku_rubicon
04-27-2010, 03:01 PM
I am already in the other thread but just incase that one dies.....
I can't get up there until around 1pm Saturday since I don't get off duty till 8am Sat morning. I would be camping Saturday night and coming home Sunday after a little morning wheeling.
If that fits with everyones plans, I'm in. I have never been to uwharrie and it's a 4 hour drive for me so I was hoping to link up with some people from here to show me around a bit. :beer:

JK-JAKE
04-27-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm in and should be staying Saturday night as well.

jku_rubicon
04-27-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm considering bringing my 2 dogs, anyone know if they allow dogs to wheel / camp there? :csmile:

johnmcd
04-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Dogs should be fine. I've seen lots on the trails, not sure about camping, but most likely they are fine.

I'm in for Saturday.

johnmcd
04-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Also, might be in for camping. Any thoughts of a few six packs and a bon fire?

jku_rubicon
04-27-2010, 05:42 PM

I'm definitely lighting a fire and having some drinks Saturday night :beer:

tkob1060
04-27-2010, 05:50 PM

we should go to the camping group that I put the link to from NC4x4. Alcohol is frowned upon in the NF but we all know people do consume it though :laughing:

jku_rubicon
04-27-2010, 06:19 PM
we should go to the camping group that I put the link to from NC4x4. Alcohol is frowned upon in the NF but we all know people do consume it though :laughing:

This NF stuff is new to me, like I said I am following you guys lead on this one so wherever we can camp, light a fire and drink after wheeling Saturday sounds good to me.

SONIC
04-27-2010, 06:33 PM
You technically cannot drink in any of the NF campgrounds......
You can if you camp on the trail i believe.
That being said, we have on several occasions sat around a fire and killed a few beers. We just poured them into cups :laughing:

sin52
04-30-2010, 06:38 AM
See everybody Saturday!
What C.B. channel yous guys want to run?
Sonic what'd we use last year as primary and secondary channels?

jku_rubicon
04-30-2010, 07:48 AM
See everybody Saturday!
Sonic what'd we use last year as primary and secondary channels?

Is anyone willing to trade cell numbers with me and coordinate meeting up with me around 1-2pm Saturday? I think I can make the drive in 4 hours but I don't even know where the outpost is or where to pay etc let alone the trail system or finding the camp ground you guys will be at.
Yes, I am formally asking for a JKO liason so I'm not lost on this trip lol .... the sooner someone posts up the better since I have to leave first thing in the morning.
TIA :beer:

SONIC
04-30-2010, 08:09 AM
www.eldoradooutpost.com <----Meeting place

trail map:
http://www.eldoradooutpost.com/badin_lake_area_new%20edit.jpg

And JKU-Rubi if you cant manage to find us heres how you get to the trails if you want to go play
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h298/jbrady2/Screenshot2010-04-30at105938AM.png

Well try and be off the trail when you get there to meet up with you, I have driven a long way to wheel and then couldnt find anyone it sucked ahah so will try and avoid that.

Sin what you think channels 10 and 12 as a backup?

jku_rubicon
04-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Cool, sounds like this might work out well. If all else fails and you guys see the Jeep below wandering around aimlessly at URE, it would be me so pull me over. :grinpimp:
But seriously, meeting at the outpost between 1-2pm on Saturday would be great.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/999Duc/IMG00121-20100116-1711.jpg

sin52
04-30-2010, 09:30 AM
www.eldoradooutpost.com <----Meeting place

trail map:
http://www.eldoradooutpost.com/badin_lake_area_new%20edit.jpg

And JKU-Rubi if you cant manage to find us heres how you get to the trails if you want to go play
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h298/jbrady2/Screenshot2010-04-30at105938AM.png

Well try and be off the trail when you get there to meet up with you, I have driven a long way to wheel and then couldnt find anyone it sucked ahah so will try and avoid that.

Sin what you think channels 4 and 12 as a backup?

Cool brother CH4 and 12 as a backup.
we could time up the runs so we meet at the outpost at 1 for lunch. that would save a lot of confusion. Whadaya say?

tkob1060
04-30-2010, 09:40 AM

I'd go with 10 and 12 to start with. Channel 4 is used by a LOTTTTT of NC clubs, they have a list on NC4x4.com.

Is anyone willing to trade cell numbers with me and coordinate meeting up with me around 1-2pm Saturday? I think I can make the drive in 4 hours but I don't even know where the outpost is or where to pay etc let alone the trail system or finding the camp ground you guys will be at.
Yes, I am formally asking for a JKO liason so I'm not lost on this trip lol .... the sooner someone posts up the better since I have to leave first thing in the morning.
TIA :beer:

Cell phone reception is SPOTTY at best there, you might be able to get a text message out. My number is 201-988-8472 we will meet you at the outpost though between 1-2pm though.

Where you guys plan on camping?

A bunch of people from NC4x4 are camping at a private campground that has a pavilion and they'll have a bonfire and music. The owner of the land will also be cooking Southern BBQ
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh302/tkob1060/DinnerMenu.jpg

You guys want to camp with them?

SONIC
04-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Ah good call Tim I knew there was a reason I remembered channel 4 :laughing:
10 and 12 it is.

You guys are really making me want to camp damn it.

D5Fire
04-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Unfortunately Sat is my duty day so I cant make it, hopefully next time will work out a bit better.

SONIC
04-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Unfortunately Sat is my duty day so I cant make it, hopefully next time will work out a bit better.

Damn sorry to hear it.
You have got to get out an wheel that thing!:beer:

jku_rubicon
04-30-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm definitely camping but don't know where, figured I would just camp wherever you guys are camping. That spot looks good tkob, I was going to ask how far from food we would be or stores. I'm down for whatever you guys pick.

johnmcd
04-30-2010, 12:04 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8030/badinlaketrailmaprevise.jpg

Borrowed from NC4x4.com. They have been updating a map for 2010 in a thread.

sin52
04-30-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm definitely camping but don't know where, figured I would just camp wherever you guys are camping. That spot looks good tkob, I was going to ask how far from food we would be or stores. I'm down for whatever you guys pick.

Food can be had at the Eldorado Outpost. We're going to time up our morning run to meet you at the outpost between 1 and 2, eat lunch, then head back to the trails. You can camp on the trails for free or the organized campsites for a fee. I just rented a spot in Badinlake campground. Me and Jake are driving in from Goldsboro and we're going to setup camp before the morning run because afterwards I'm just going to want to kick back with a brew.

johnmcd
04-30-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm likely on the outs for tomorrow. Been scheduled to do house work :crybaby2: I'm going to :hide:

jku_rubicon
04-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Food can be had at the Eldorado Outpost. We're going to time up our morning run to meet you at the outpost between 1 and 2, eat lunch, then head back to the trails. You can camp on the trails for free or the organized campsites for a fee. I just rented a spot in Badinlake campground. Me and Jake are driving in from Goldsboro and we're going to setup camp before the morning run because afterwards I'm just going to want to kick back with a brew.

I was hoping to get there and set the tent up wherever everyone else is before dark, setting up in the dark is not much fun....... speaking of dark, I want to do some night wheeling since I am driving 4 hours up there and leaving Sunday by noon. Are any of you up for that?

tkob1060
04-30-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm likely on the outs for tomorrow. Been scheduled to do house work :crybaby2: I'm going to :hide:

Oh bullshit you were scheduled to go wheeling first :laughing:

I was hoping to get there and set the tent up wherever everyone else is before dark, setting up in the dark is not much fun....... speaking of dark, I want to do some night wheeling since I am driving 4 hours up there and leaving Sunday by noon. Are any of you up for that?

I'm up for some night wheelin :smokin: I'm not camping but I'll hang out for awhile.

sin52
04-30-2010, 06:33 PM
Ah that blows dude.

Sonic has camped on the trails and could give you some beta on that.
No night wheeling for me, I'll be draggin ass by dark. And thirsty.:beer:

jku_rubicon
04-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Ah that blows dude.

Sonic has camped on the trails and could give you some beta on that.
No night wheeling for me, I'll be draggin ass by dark. And thirsty.:beer:

You can add another Jeep to the list, my buddy from the Jeep dealership is driving his Jeep up with me also tomorrow.
How close is the closest town to the trails? Hotels, restaurants food stores etc or is the outpost the only thing within 20 minutes?

benmar2000
04-30-2010, 07:24 PM
We stay in Albamarle when we go.. Free hotel stay.. Love Hilton Points. .:D

You can rent cabins but I think you have to reserve those in advance..

SONIC
04-30-2010, 09:37 PM
You can add another Jeep to the list, my buddy from the Jeep dealership is driving his Jeep up with me also tomorrow.
How close is the closest town to the trails? Hotels, restaurants food stores etc or is the outpost the only thing within 20 minutes?

Closest town is probably Troy, its about 15 minutes away I'd say?

jku_rubicon
05-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Closest town is probably Troy, its about 15 minutes away I'd say?

Thanks, thinking about keeping it simple and just getting rooms out in town tonight instead of bringing camping gear etc.
I will text or call you around 11am to let you know how far we have made it at that point. :beer:

jhixf564
05-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Albemarle is only 10 minutes more than Troy and a lot more choices and places to eat. From the trails go to troy and when you pass the Exxon take the fork to the Right(River Road). At the Stop sign take a right the hotels will be on the right.

Justin

jku_rubicon
05-02-2010, 04:43 AM
Albemarle is only 10 minutes more than Troy and a lot more choices and places to eat. From the trails go to troy and when you pass the Exxon take the fork to the Right(River Road). At the Stop sign take a right the hotels will be on the right.

Justin

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I just saw this post. Found a days inn to crash at around 1030PM last night in some town that starts with a B, I'm not sure where we are but about to let my gps figure that out and head home. I will post up some pics when I get home, good meeting the guys who showed up and our new Nissan friend lol

tkob1060
05-02-2010, 11:28 AM
It was good to meet everyone, next time more wheeling time :beer:

pics posted here and a visit from our Nissan friend :beer:
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=422029#post422029

jku_rubicon
05-02-2010, 04:34 PM
It was good to meet everyone, next time more wheeling time :beer:

pics posted here and a visit from our Nissan friend :beer:
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=422029#post422029

Cool, great meeting you and thanks for playing tour guide :beer:

jhixf564
05-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Turkey season is about over so I'll start hitting the trails some. I don't know why that post was so late! I sent it late Friday night. I was in Nebraska Hunting and the cell reception is not the best. The Days Inn in Biscoe is just as good as any in Albemarle, you are walking distance from Food Lion(beer),ABC(liquor) and a Waffle House to get some food for your alcoholic body