JK-Trunk [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: JK-Trunk

Manu17e
08-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi,

I just made this rear cargo parcel for my JK unlimited 08 Sahara.

For the moment only available for soft top but working to fit freeedom top also

I am thinking about may be selling a detailed drawing with full scaled template or sale a ready to install unit.

I will appreciate all comments thanks
Ed

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/edgs/Rearparcelshelf.jpg

Dr.Dirty
08-03-2008, 08:43 PM
looks nice id be interested

Jason
08-03-2008, 08:54 PM
That looks really nice. How does it stay attached? How strong is it? Is there wood underneath the black cover?

a plumber
08-03-2008, 10:42 PM
looks clean, matches the lines of the Jeep well, nice work.
:D

karnuvore
08-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Id be interested in this.

Yeah, what's the durability/waht is it made of? Can you show how it opens etc?

Alec W
08-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Looks well made. I want to make something simmilar but also put things on the top.

karnuvore
08-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Looks well made. I want to make something simmilar but also put things on the top.

Maybe some metal tie downs like on a boat? Good idea.

Febmoon1
08-05-2008, 07:46 PM
I'd be interested as well. What's it made of and what kind of cost to make or buy?

BLACKJK08
12-13-2008, 07:43 PM
smooth look. i would like it to kind my sub boxes in the summer when the top is MIA. I would definately be interested

ONLYSUPER
12-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Any answers for this questions.

PUDDLZ
12-16-2008, 07:46 AM
Here is the answer

http://www.bestop.com/index.php?s=21

I've got it and swear by it.:smokin:

lv jk
12-16-2008, 10:18 AM
I think it looks sweet and would like the plans/template.

beagsjeep
12-16-2008, 11:40 AM
I 'am very interested..tell us the details..and $$$$$$$$$$$$. :confused: :confused:

mikeyfl
12-16-2008, 03:05 PM
also interested in the details of the cover.

ONLYSUPER
12-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Any updates?:sleep:

BeerMonkeY
12-18-2008, 07:39 PM
i built something similar to this for my old YJ way back and before i covered it i put down some 3" foam then covered it in marine vynl so it was soft to sit on i made my seam in the middle and hinged it so it un folded to take it out. think ill make another one for my JK after seeing how this looks

OutdoorDad
01-09-2009, 07:38 AM
...I just made this rear cargo parcel for my JK unlimited 08 Sahara... ...I will appreciate all comments thanks
Ed
Please let us know how you like it now and have you figured out how to be able to keep the freedom top on it too?

That looks really nice. How does it stay attached? How strong is it? Is there wood underneath the black cover? 2X

Id be interested in this.

Yeah, what's the durability/what is it made of? Can you show how it opens etc? 3X

I'd be interested as well. What's it made of and what kind of cost to make or buy? 4X

Any answers for this questions. 5X

I think it looks sweet and would like the plans/template. 6X

I 'am very interested..tell us the details..and $$$$$$$$$$$$. :confused: :confused: 7X

also interested in the details of the cover.
8X

Any updates?:sleep: 9X

i built something similar to this for my old YJ way back... Do you have any shots of it? Advice for those who are interested in following down this path?

Grant211
12-26-2009, 06:54 PM
bumpity bump... whats the word...any plans on making this into a "WRITE-UP"?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/edgs/Rearparcelshelf.jpg

JKCobra
12-29-2009, 11:24 AM
I built something that looked almost exactly the same as this for my 2 dr, once I have a few spare moments I will be building one for the new 4 dr. Its prety simple, plywood with some slide style door locks. The holes on the rear roll cage members are at the perfect height to lock into.

I sprayed the plywood with marine grade water sealer and then covered it with the vinyl. The expensive part was the vinyl, spent $100 on a roll but had enough to cover two of these as I made one for a friend as well. The other materials were all less than $50, including the plywood. You could cover with gray carpet to match the interior for much cheaper.

The back piece was done to prevent someone from just folding down the rear seat and getting under the lid.

Only changes I will likely make are to add some rails/channel to the tops to attach webbing straps if I want to put anything on top.

Don't mean to hijack a vendor's thread but hadn't seen any other responses from them and this is a fairly easy piece to make with a couple of hours time.

btw I know the one shown is without a softtop, the cover I made for my friend's was for a soft top, just an extra few cuts in the back.

Grant211
12-30-2009, 06:18 AM
I built something that looked almost exactly the same as this for my 2 dr, once I have a few spare moments I will be building one for the new 4 dr. Its prety simple, plywood with some slide style door locks. The holes on the rear roll cage members are at the perfect height to lock into.

I sprayed the plywood with marine grade water sealer and then covered it with the vinyl. The expensive part was the vinyl, spent $100 on a roll but had enough to cover two of these as I made one for a friend as well. The other materials were all less than $50, including the plywood. You could cover with gray carpet to match the interior for much cheaper.

The back piece was done to prevent someone from just folding down the rear seat and getting under the lid.

Only changes I will likely make are to add some rails/channel to the tops to attach webbing straps if I want to put anything on top.

Don't mean to hijack a vendor's thread but hadn't seen any other responses from them and this is a fairly easy piece to make with a couple of hours time.

btw I know the one shown is without a softtop, the cover I made for my friend's was for a soft top, just an extra few cuts in the back.

Dude, thats awesome and i love the slide door locks. I'm pretty sure we don't have a vendor selling these (opportunity knocking). If you make one for a 4 door and it's relatively cheap PM me!

BoomerNJ
12-30-2009, 06:40 AM
I think I'm going to give this a shot too & try to make something... I don't like anything that's out there now & these look awesome! I don't know when I'll have the time, but I'll take lots of pics when I get it started & post 'em up! Maybe I'll do a template this weekend with some cardboard & get it started...