ETC Electronic Throttle Control [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: ETC Electronic Throttle Control

GoSCFightOn
04-02-2007, 01:54 AM
Just an FYI for people trying to find info on this subject without using "Search". I placed a reply about my personal experience with this ETC problem that I am having in the subject "ABS, ESP, and Airbag light" subject......... No relation right? I am totally new to forums and I just realized this. I would now keep it uniform and use this thread for that info. My apologies:o

Living Still
04-03-2007, 12:31 AM
No you're fine :) . You would think the problems would be different and a few would have to be creating the multiple lights, but it's all just connected to the CPU (CANBUS II System I believe). All of the pretty lights going off and the throttle dieing etc. is all sort of related to a few different computer related problems that have been found and solved. Hopefully your dealer will figure it out for you. If they don't you may want to call another dealer in your area because most of this stuff has been an issue for JKs built before a certain date. I sure hope it's just a software problem and not something hard to fix. Good luck!

Looks like someone is a USC fan eh? My brother goes there. Fight on Trojans!

-Living Still

GoSCFightOn
04-03-2007, 02:08 AM
:cool: Well I stopped by Monday afternoon to inform my service advisor of the returning ETC problem. I even showed him the indication on the cluster. He apologized and added that he had another Wrangler with the same problem and it was being worked on as we spoke. I told him that I now didn't feel alone on this. All he could say was that Jeep is not advising to change or replace anything at the moment but they were working on resolving this issue. How and what? He couldn't really elaborate.:( He asked me if I wanted to leave my vehicle but I declined because I had personal errands to finish out by late afternoon and I would be back tomorrow. I am trying to remain patient and optimistic but dang it! I am having a hard time. Oh well. I can only hope that the dealership will be able to provide a loaner vehicle or even hook me up with my first oil change and wash. That wouldn't be asking for much you think? I really don't think so...... Anyway, I am giving these guys a chance for convenience of location reasons and I will definitely use the information you have given, thank you. If I feel that its not happening with these guys then yes I will move on.:cool: I will update with my findings.
Yep big fans and season ticket holder!! I can't wait for the huddle on Saturday. Its going to be an awesome season! Dig on my personalized plate? If you can't make it out it reads KONQWST. My kids named our dog Traveler..... That's hardcore! Hahaha. Thanks again and FIGHT ON!:cool:

GoSCFightOn
04-11-2007, 12:57 AM
:( Well, I stopped in at the dealership and I got to speak to the advisor, tech, and manager. We just pretty much talked about my ETC issue and another customer's ETC whom they were working on while we spoke. Apparently they swapped out some wiring harness and it did not correct it. The tech was actually on hold with the ETC manufacturer at the time I was there.....Still nothing. I am going to check in with them on Friday for any updates.

GoSCFightOn
04-24-2007, 01:23 AM
:mad: I went in this past Saturday, April 21st and found out that they replaced the throttle body and still no luck..... Now my previous entry indicates a wire harness replacement and now they revised that performed procedure to a wire harness pin cleaning......Oh my god! What the? Now Jeep is sending them a wire harness to swap out. Still no need for me to leave my vehicle because its still driveable. They scheduled the swap out on Tuesday and I will then call back on Thursday for an update. Can you believe that they also made me pay for my first oil change! $24. I haggled over it but still got no love from them.
I am starting to get hot.

MichaelW
04-24-2007, 10:21 AM
I hate hearing about this and this kind of stuff. The part the baffles me is the Jeep is supposed to be smart, a laptop with wheels, and yet it can't diagnose the problem which is what OBD stuff "should" do and you think by adding more processors it would be all the better at it.

I feel for your frustrations and certainly hope your next visit actually solves the problem.

GoSCFightOn
05-01-2007, 03:34 AM
Interestingly there has not been an indication light since my first oil change...Hmmm? I wonder if they performed a reflash/remedy and did not report it to me. I was supposed to call on Monday to get an update on the other customer's jeep with the same issue but I got caught up with home stuff I needed to catch up on cause I have been too busy wheeln. I will post the info as soon as I get it.:cool:

GoSCFightOn
05-09-2007, 05:02 AM
Well, the indication returned and the Rubi is now in the dealerships hands. I am crossing my fingers:eek:

GoSCFightOn
05-23-2007, 12:15 AM
:) Well, I picked up my JK and a wiring harness has been replaced.....I truly hope this is the fix. It feels really good too. I can honestly say that when I am behind that wheel, I feel something different. The way it starts, the way it runs. I hope this is it!
Anyway, it was apparent that a harness from the fuel injection system/ throttle control had loose pins somewhere. This was discovered during my last visit and my part was ordered. Well, It was finally swapped out. I feel good now:D
Oh, I was so busy to post this but last week on Thursday, May 17th I was on my way to work (830PM) when my engine died while I was driving. It did not even give me a warning or indication prior to it cutting out like that.....Totally freaked me out too. I was able to get to work and the following morning I called the dealership with my story and my concern. I made arrangements for a tow in on Monday and I picked it up on Tuesday. I really hope this is it!:)

ThirdCoastJeep
06-11-2008, 12:53 PM
GOSCFightON...or anyone else,

Have you had any other issue with the ETC? I'm having issues with my '07 JK. It's going into the dealer on Monday. I'd like to go in with info so I don't get the "run-a-round". TIA

Dustoff '68
07-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Every man is the architect of his own fortune.    / \./ \/\_   I Hand You  __{^\_ _}_  ) }/^\    A Rose... / /\_/^\._}_/ // / ( (__{(@)}\__}.//_/__A___A__wow gold (http://www.comegames.com/)____A__wow gold (http://www.comegames.com/gamecy.jsp)_A______A____ \__/{/(_)\_} )\\ \\---v----V-----V--Y----v---Y-----  (  (__)_)_/ )\ \>     \__/   \__/\/\/

a$$hole:pissed:

Krusty
07-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Every man is the architect of his own fortune.    / \./ \/\_   I Hand You  __{^\_ _}_  ) }/^\    A Rose... / /\_/^\._}_/ // / ( (__{(@)}\__}.//_/__A___A__wow gold (http://www.comegames.com/)____A__wow gold (http://www.comegames.com/gamecy.jsp)_A______A____ \__/{/(_)\_} )\\ \\---v----V-----V--Y----v---Y-----  (  (__)_)_/ )\ \>     \__/   \__/\/\/

x3:thefinger:

lcs-150
07-23-2008, 04:46 PM
I had a problem with ETC on my '07 Unlimited. The 'lightning bolt' ETC dash indicator would come on and I would lose all throttle control.

Dealership reset the computer the first time, flashed it the second time, and finally replaced the mystery harness.

The wiring harness replacement did the trick.

I was ready to lemon law it out and get another one (would have got a lifetime warranty the second time around!).

Hope that helps.

FL JEEPN
08-05-2008, 09:08 PM
My 07 is going back for the second time in 3 months. Dealer reflashed 1st time. I'm going to suggest the harness this time. Does anyone know which harness, possible part number?

TIA