URE May 1st [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: URE May 1st

SONIC
04-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Anybody want to go hit up URE on May 1?

The crawfish festival here in Columbia is May 1st so i have to have a decent group to go with otherwise ill just get drunk and eat crawfish :thefinger:

johnmcd
04-22-2010, 08:47 AM
What's the scoop on the crawfish? Sounds almost as good as wheeling.:beer:

SONIC
04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
What's the scoop on the crawfish? Sounds almost as good as wheeling.:beer:

Hahah
http://www.rosewoodcrawfishfestival.com/

johnmcd
04-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Okay, I'm in for Saturday, maybe camping if their's a group.

jku_rubicon
04-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Hey, I wrote this weekend off when no one replied about showing me around in the other thread.
If I go I could be there Saturday afternoon around 1pm, I don't get off of work till 8am.
I would camp Saturday night and leave after some morning wheeling Sunday.
Anyone up for that?
Thanks for the PM John.
Does URE have a decent range if I wanted to shoot a little also?

johnmcd
04-25-2010, 07:41 PM
There is the flint lock range. I'm not much on shooting anything other than whiskey.

There is a little info on this site
http://www.uwharrieinfo.us/index.php?f=87&sid=7bb514aaab43d3a1372a06cd5814f3e8

jku_rubicon
04-25-2010, 07:43 PM
There is the flint lock range. I'm not much on shooting anything other than whiskey.

There is a little info on this site
http://www.uwharrieinfo.us/index.php?f=87&sid=7bb514aaab43d3a1372a06cd5814f3e8

If no one else would be shooting then I will skip the range and just wheel, thanks for the link.

tkob1060
04-25-2010, 08:47 PM
I'll be there even if I am 2wd :shaking: http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27986

check this out on NC4x4 they are having a big campout with food and music and about 25-30 vehicles going
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82718&page=15

FYI the pistol part of the range is closed, they are redoing it, the rifle range is open. I believe because of some errant rounds :laughing:

SONIC
04-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Alright sounds like a plan to me.
I'll be there around 9:30 on saturday if things go to plan.

Won't be camping as May 2nd is my birthday so I'll be going out.
My cousin is going today to pick up his shiny new sahara....so Ill be doing my damndest to try and convince him to come ride :beer:

tkob1060
04-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Alright sounds like a plan to me.
I'll be there around 9:30 on saturday if things go to plan.

Won't be camping as May 2nd is my birthday so I'll be going out.
My cousin is going today to pick up his shiny new sahara....so Ill be doing my damndest to try and convince him to come ride :beer:

:laughing2: that is mine also haha. you are the 2nd person I know born say day as me, the other was really born same day as me same year, same hospital, 4 hours apart. I met him when I was 19 and didnt know till our 21st bday that we had the same bday lol

Jeep is going to East Coast Gear Supply either tomorrow or wed, should have it back in time I HOPE haha

SONIC
04-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Well happy early birthday Tim :beer:

You get your heep in the shop?
My cousin just picked up his JK and already tossed tires on it, he's going in with both feet lol. He should be there hopefully.

sin52
04-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Anybody want to go hit up URE on May 1?

The crawfish festival here in Columbia is May 1st so i have to have a decent group to go with otherwise ill just get drunk and eat crawfish :thefinger:

Shit. I started another post for this. Want me to refer all interested jeepers to this thread or use the other one as a sign up?

tkob1060
04-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Well happy early birthday Tim :beer:

You get your heep in the shop?
My cousin just picked up his JK and already tossed tires on it, he's going in with both feet lol. He should be there hopefully.

Happy Birthday Justin :beer:

I am dropping it off thursday at East Coast Gear and HOPEFULLY the locker isnt totally fubar'd, as long as thats the case I should be picking it up friday afternoon. He is going to weld a tab onto that bracket.

I SO NEED TO WHEEL DAMMIT:bounce:

enigmaverse
04-27-2010, 04:16 PM
man you guys suck... I gotta go to a wedding this weekend. Whens the next trip?

tkob1060
04-27-2010, 05:33 PM

what other weekend you have plans? :laughing:

Hey Joe I think we should see if we can get these guys to carolinabackwoods :smokin:

SONIC
04-27-2010, 06:25 PM

Come on Joe, people get married all the time! This is a once in a lifetime trip :laughing:

SONIC
04-27-2010, 06:26 PM

I am dropping it off thursday at East Coast Gear and HOPEFULLY the locker isnt totally fubar'd, as long as thats the case I should be picking it up friday afternoon. He is going to weld a tab onto that bracket.

Who is the genius that suggested that idea? :thefinger:
Hope you have it back by saturday.....

johnmcd
04-27-2010, 06:31 PM

Tim,
are you coming to Durham on Friday to pick up your heep? If so - Lunch?

tkob1060
04-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Tim,
are you coming to Durham on Friday to pick up your heep? If so - Lunch?

I wont be picking it up till 4-5pm and thats IF its all fixed. You going to be around thursday afternoon? I think I am taking half day to drop it off around 1pm

johnmcd
04-27-2010, 06:38 PM
No, Im in a training course in GSO till 3 on Thursday.

I've heard lots of good things about CPerry and ECGS, good luck.

enigmaverse
04-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Come on Joe, people get married all the time! This is a once in a lifetime trip :laughing:

Too bad I'm the best man... otherwise, I would be there with you. :)

Hey Tim, anytime you guys wanna come play at Backwoods is fine with me. We've had some pretty big rigs doing front and rear digs (39's and 42's) so theres some good mud holes... theres one trail that runs the back half that I bet we would have to pry you off of at the end of the day.

I'd like to get out to Uwharrie sometime in May, but it really depends on when the wife sets me free. :) the little one take precedent. I may be able to get away for a Sat/Sun run with some planning.