Might be headed to NC for a week [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Might be headed to NC for a week

riverzendz
04-21-2010, 04:49 AM
Good possibility that we are heading down to OBX in a couple of weeks, Corolla is where we will be staying.

Never been there before, anywhere in OBX. Any good recommendations? Food, fun, etc?

crestoncowboy
04-23-2010, 07:28 AM
take up fishing. The outer banks gets boring after the first day if you dont. You can go to jockeys ridge and watch the gliders off the dunes, kitty hawk to see where the wright brothers flew there plane (more of a controlled fall really), and kill devil hills where the guy who drives the grave digger monster truck has a little place where you can look at the trucks and ride in one, but unless something has changed that is pretty much it. I like carolina beach, kure beach much better.

jerzeyjeep
04-23-2010, 09:56 AM
from my limited new experience down there let me see what i can do. corolla is a little far north of where i am moving to. what i can tell you is that kill devil hills has some great eateries. moma kwans is great, barefoot berrnies is great, kill devil hills grill, and of coures the outer banks brewery. tons to do if you like fishing, hang gliding snowboarding down sand drifts.

pm me if you want to know more

Lou