well, "the other forum" just pissed me off [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: well, "the other forum" just pissed me off

usmcdoc14
10-06-2007, 07:17 PM
I sent a PM to another member with a link to here and it was FAWKING EDITED !!!!! :pissed: sorry but screwing with PM's is childish even if it is a bot to detect "jkowners"

hold on while I post a random link to an off-road product and not have it edited :laughing: www.rockstomper.com OMFG !!! a non-edited link

BlkRuby
10-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Will you please send me a link to this site and bash FT a little in it as well.

I actually have nothing wrong with my FT kit, i just know Eddie has it so deep in his mouth for them he can barely speak. Who wants to be he has there new long arm kit sitting in his garage as we type this?

BlkRuby
10-06-2007, 07:53 PM
hahhahaha, it is deleted already. 10:54pm I got a reply in though:thefinger:

usmcdoc14
10-06-2007, 08:14 PM
hahhahaha, it is deleted already. 10:54pm I got a reply in though:thefinger:

you noticed :laughing:

This is a copy of a thread I started there, it was deleted along with all of my posts on that forum. I hope it makes you decide if you want to remain a member there.
sorry but I will be no longer an active member of your forum and I highly doubt this thread will even last long and that is one of the reasons I am going.

If the admin wants to read this then fine, maybe it will improve your site. But this thread is not for you, its for everyone else.

I joined here because it was one of the better laid out JK forums and was not the BS drama of JeepsUnlimited, that along with other things changed.

I first noticed my links to ANYTHING being changed, this got old after a while. Yes I know they want to "support your vendors" but it is a little overkill. You are trying to make your vendors have a monopoly on parts by limiting the information available and that is complete BS. Its a competing market and if your vendors do not want to match prices or carry a product then it is their loss not yours.
Deal with it.
A few of the MUCH larger forums I am a member of seem to survive just fine without this little link edit game.

I had my posts edited and messed with for no "real" reason.

Today was the last straw of BS with that. You edited one of my PRIVATE MESSAGES !!! I sent a link to another member about a new JK forum and either automatically or in person someone edited my PM. That is childish and retarded.
"private massage" my ass. so now I can't even have any privacy here?

I asked about a "FAQ" thread and still the forums are overrun with "will 15" rims fit?" and other posts that flood the forum. That was ignored/denied
The longer you wait the more worthless posts you will have.
That's one of the main reasons I stopped "regularly" posting is I was sick of wading threw 6 pages of the same posts just to find any "new" info.

Oh and back to the drama this forum has turned into just another JU. Admin and moderators getting butt-hurt and tied up in "regular" member issues. Sorry, that's just lame no matter what your excuses are.

Now that Pirate has its own separate JK owners forum I see no need to get tech here tainted with annoyances. That and they allow the input and desires of the "regular" members to change the website. Oh and I can post links....and not have my PM's screwed with
I am leaving up all my posts and tech unless this thread is deleted and then I will remove all of my posts seeing as my input will be deemed inferior.

I am glad I met a lot of the cool people from this forum and I will probably meet them again. You all can decide if I am right or wrong but either way I am done. Thanks for the info and you all have a good night.

usmcdoc14
10-06-2007, 08:26 PM
ok, now is time to be a child :D

BlkRuby
10-06-2007, 08:39 PM
I am throwing out little hints over there to see what happens. These hints will grow more obvious over time.

You know what is really funny? that one of the moderators is an active member of another forum, and posts pictures of WOL stuff on there. That is ironic.

usmcdoc14
10-06-2007, 08:43 PM
I am throwing out little hints over there to see what happens. These hints will grow more obvious over time.

You know what is really funny? that one of the moderators is an active member of another forum, and posts pictures of WOL stuff on there. That is ironic.

just to get this out in the open now

NO BOARD WARS !!!

anyone who starts that **** will get a warning and then band. If you notice I am NOT going to post that forum link here nor will i link here from there. I do not wan't nor need trolling in here and I would not do the same to another site.

ok now that is in the open :D I just want to know who is being the child over there. I played this game over there before and that BS pissed me off. If you are going to delete/edit/whatever my posts at least have the sack enough to man up to it.

BlkRuby
10-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Was that a reply you got form them or what you are saying?

I noticed your reply in my post was deleted along with the seocond good bye thread.

Dougolupski
10-06-2007, 08:53 PM
I just want to say I feel your pain. I really want to post what you wrote in another thread for my self just to end my relationship with that place. But I still continue to get Pm's from new members hitting me up for info on some of the actual technical threads I wrote. It's a catch 22 I want to leave and give the middle finger while doing so but I also don't want to be like the owner and not allow new members the chance to learn something new and cool about there ride.

usmcdoc14
10-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Was that a reply you got form them or what you are saying?

I noticed your reply in my post was deleted along with the seocond good bye thread.

no that is what I am saying.

NO BOARD WARS !! no body from here go to another forum to troll.

Right now this is my own personal BS that I am dealing with :laughing: Same crap as before: some moderator with no nuts deleting my posts without manning up to it. This is NOT the first time this has happened there to me.

usmcdoc14
10-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Robar just sacked up :D thats all I needed to know

BlkRuby
10-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Oh, i am not going to troll not my intent.

I knew it had to be Robar becuase he was the only mod on at the time.

usmcdoc14
10-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh, i am not going to troll not my intent.

I knew it had to be Robar becuase he was the only mod on at the time.

You have been banned for the following reason:
Troll

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

:bawling:

:laughing: whatever, fawking pussy. At least when I edit/delete someones post I let them know it was me instead of hiding behind some e-tough persona or some crap. He is the same fawktard who played this game with me when I first got there.

This is why I like Pirate 4x4 and why HERE will kick arse as well. Less games and drama.

BlkRuby
10-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Shoot, guess that means you will just have to spend more time here:laughing2:

ConfusedJK
10-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey.. I am from that board but I changed my name.. The Mod Cops seem to jump on the delete/ban thing to easy.. I have a few things going on over there.. Once that gets resolved, I will be over here from now on.. But because of that I didn't use my name from over there. I am not a troll..

I just didn't realize what was going on until I came across this board.. I was wondering what happened to alot of the long time posters.. I really didn't have any idea it was so bad.. Reading all the posts on this board about what is going on.. My eyes are open and I have seen the light...

MossMan
10-07-2007, 08:52 PM
unfawkingbelievable. it's like a big middle school girls clique over there now I guess. I can't believe they seriously banned you and deleted all your post. :laughing:

usmcdoc14
10-07-2007, 09:18 PM
unfawkingbelievable. it's like a big middle school girls clique over there now I guess. I can't believe they seriously banned you and deleted all your post. :laughing:

I can :shaking:

Jrgunn5150
12-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Kind of a dead thread but I am running into the same thing over there, mysterious post's vanishing, being edited, pm's disappearing.

I guess if you aren't interested in making your Jeep look really cool and tough with rock slider's, bumper's, wiches and the biggest AT's you can fit on a stock wheel you are an outcast there anyway :thefinger:

Oh well, I'm home now. :beer:

gcg
12-21-2007, 03:58 PM
My suggestion: Don't put up with the BS. Don't reward the little control freak by frequenting his forum. The only value that a forum has is the number of members. When you remain as a member, you add value to the site. If you don't like the way the little control freak runs things, then resign as a member. Otherwise, you are just rewarding and encouraging the same old childish behavior. To use the language of the previous poster, just "sack up" and resign rather than try to walk the thin line.

Just my opinion.

jdemonto
12-21-2007, 05:06 PM
The jk-forum is a JOKE! I could not stand the guy when he was on the jkboard! I can not even post there.....I was warned when I started my account, he knew who I was! I love this jkowners board..cool place..no censorship and yours posts are un-edited..what more can you ask for?:stirthepot:

Jason

Bigjerm
12-21-2007, 06:33 PM
ha, I tried to put JKowners in my signature because i put any site I like in my sig but when i hit "preview signature" button i got this error message;

"Could not find phrase 'censoredword'" And it made **** where i typed the word

wanderingtrail
12-22-2007, 05:47 AM
They have gone as far as even editing my wanderingtrail posts because I'm a competing website... What on how to do thing the right way??? I still lurk over there, but find very little information anymore.

Ron

paragon
12-22-2007, 05:55 AM
They have gone as far as even editing my wanderingtrail posts because I'm a competing website... What on how to do thing the right way??? I still lurk over there, but find very little information anymore.

Ronyou are personal competition to the wayoflife

Jrgunn5150
12-22-2007, 06:57 AM
That's the worste part of it, they have the member's, so they get the search engine hit's. I found via Pirate4x4, which I respect...

But the lack of informed people, and dearth of post's regarding purely aesthetic aspect's had me pretty disappointed with the site before all the goofiness started happening. So yeah, like I said, I'm done with it, no biggie, and it's not the only forum I've come acrossed like it, I'm sure it won't be the last.

Jrgunn5150
12-22-2007, 06:57 AM
That's the worste part of it, they have the member's, so they get the search engine hit's. I found via Pirate4x4, which I respect...

But the lack of informed people, and dearth of post's regarding purely aesthetic aspect's had me pretty disappointed with the site before all the goofiness started happening. So yeah, like I said, I'm done with it, no biggie, and it's not the only forum I've come acrossed like it, I'm sure it won't be the last.

jeepik
12-23-2007, 06:42 AM
yeah my posts get edited and deleted on a daily basis, they have even started deleting regular posts of mine, which have nothing to do with banished sponsors

JerzeyJeeper
12-27-2007, 06:48 PM
So is JKboard a worthwhile site? I've heard positive feedback about that site and was considering joining them as well. Any input?

cab76
12-27-2007, 09:08 PM
So is JKboard a worthwhile site? I've heard positive feedback about that site and was considering joining them as well. Any input?

Here's my 2 pennies on the various JK forums that I have visited:

Yes JKboard is a good site also. JKboard is the original JK forum - good information and good people. Problem is the forum software is not very user friendly. JKowners has a good vibe like JKboard, but with more user friendly forum software. JeepForum is a distant second to these two sites for JK stuff, but there is a wealth of information in their TJ and general forums. JKforum has crappy rules, but most of the people are good and there is a wealth of JK information there. Finally, JeepsUnlimited has a bad vibe generally (generally unfriendly atmosphere) and very little JK info.

I just had my cherry popped over at JKforum (a link to this forum first edited and then deleted). Funny thing is I was providing information that Eddie and others were wondering about in that thread - so it was a helpful post, but it didn't take them long to delete. Interesting that they deleted the entire sentence so the casual reader wouldn't even know I was trying to post a link. I find myself visiting there less and less.

venom
12-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Wow I never really posted much on the other site so I just kinda ignored all the crap
BUT
A simple post over there about someone with a TF BB sagging after adding a bumper/winch combo so I posted to use a good set of 3" springs, someone asked which ones I used and I tried to even use polyperformance in a post and it ****'s it all out like it was a cuss word!
I'll prolly get banned cuz I went back and said:
Well I'll try this statement
POLYgons
PERFORMing
dANCEs
:thefinger:

Poor Boy
12-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Wow I never really posted much on the other site so I just kinda ignored all the crap
BUT
A simple post over there about someone with a TF BB sagging after adding a bumper/winch combo so I posted to use a good set of 3" springs, someone asked which ones I used and I tried to even use polyperformance in a post and it ****'s it all out like it was a cuss word!
I'll prolly get banned cuz I went back and said:
Well I'll try this statement
POLYgons
PERFORMing
dANCEs

i've had to do similar things for people asking about flipping the drag-link...i'm not inciting any riots or anything, and it's not my thing to run it, but still. it's supposed to be about helping each other out, isn't it? wtf. they're like the kid with the ball. if he can't play by his rules, **** the world, he's taking his ball and going home.

Rupedog
01-01-2008, 07:49 AM
I haven't been back to eddie's site sense I was ban. I heard that it is like I was never there. I had the number one thread on that site and it is gone. What a joke of a site. He had better get his act together or he will be gone. He will lose sponsers when he has no more followers. That means he no longer makes his money nor does he get his free parts. That just makes me feel so bad. NOT!

venom
01-01-2008, 10:18 AM
I didn't get banned, I just got a PM from Eddie saying that polyperf was totally banned from use on there because he's in a legal dispute over a photo or some crap. I didn't really read it, just kind of skimmed it - whatever, it's his site I guess he can do whatever he wants and whatever he feels people/sponsors will tolerate. I'll go back to lurking and not try to help anyone else out.
Oh well, dude needs to grow up. :mr-t:

gcg
01-01-2008, 03:49 PM
I didn't get banned, I just got a PM from Eddie saying that polyperf was totally banned from use on there because he's in a legal dispute over a photo or some crap. I didn't really read it, just kind of skimmed it - whatever, it's his site I guess he can do whatever he wants and whatever he feels people/sponsors will tolerate. I'll go back to lurking and not try to help anyone else out.
Oh well, dude needs to grow up. :mr-t:
Doesn't it seem just completely childish to be in a dispute with a highly respected vendor over a photo. I repeat, a photo! Mr. Ed could have taken a position of simply being proud of the fact that a vendor wanted to use his photo for advertising purposes (or whatever). Instead, he has to ban the guy, get in a dispute, anger everyone, etc. What else was he going to do with the photo anyway? With business smarts like that, it's only a matter of time. I've never seen such an egotistical little guy as this one.

01-01-2008, 06:16 PM
I challenged Northridge on JK-Forum when he decided to trash some of his competitors. Dave sent me a bunch of childish PM's accusing me of being someone else. Suddenly my posts went missing and my new posts wouldn't show up. I sent Eddie an email asking him why I was banned and his response was that I was not banned.

I'm a thick skinned guy so I simply moved on, not enough time in the day to get mad. However, I don't hold Eddie in high regard because he lacks the back bone to simply admit he removed my posts, and me, because Dave is whiner. Where I'm from and the people I associate with, a person such as Eddie would instantly be recognized as a coward and shunned. I have no patience for someone who skirts the truth (at best) and lies (at worst).

b1pig
01-03-2008, 08:44 AM
this is funny....

i found both jkboard and jk-forum the same night about a year ago. I saw the same BS from Eddie and his crew. I havent been banned, but I have posted in threads they edited and deleted... so I know the crap. just FYI... we started a JK forum on the Quadratec site as well, http://bbb.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=48](LINK) but it tends to fly under the radar a little because it is a vendor forum. the only thing we edit out is direct links to competitor vendor sites like 4WD...

anyway....
Eddie is an idiot and sooner or later the crap he is doing will eventually ruin the forum and the main website. The only thing he has goign for him is some of the nig names like Don-A-Vee and such.

Ipe
01-03-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't like censorship and had heard stories about that happening over there before I ever visited the place. Once I did I found a plethora of posts along the lines of "... My muffler is getting heat discoloration! What to do!?..." and just wasn't impressed.

There are some redeeming qualities to the place: some of the featured installation articles are well written and through, but otherwise... Well, let them have their muffler polish. :shaking: ;)

Dougolupski
01-03-2008, 08:54 PM
He is still harping on the photo deal. Man that was resolved and finished a long time ago. Live and let live. I don't thik I have been banned yet but since I found this site I haven't gone back. I really haven't had the need. Like it was said above there is alot of good info on there you just have to walk on egg shells if you post.

paragon
01-04-2008, 06:24 AM
He is still harping on the photo deal. Man that was resolved and finished a long time ago. Live and let live. I don't thik I have been banned yet but since I found this site I haven't gone back. I really haven't had the need. Like it was said above there is alot of good info on there you just have to walk on egg shells if you post.

Problem for many is those egg shells seem to turn to tacks to land mines at a moments notice.

1TallJKer
01-04-2008, 06:54 PM
I do like the write-ups over there, and met a few really cool people. Never had any trouble, but I haven't posted too much over there either.

Its pretty sad to hear that some people are as insecure as all of that, but 'Whatever'.

So that kinda makes me ask, are any of the missing write-ups from over there over here?

The one thing that I really like about 'the other site' is the way they've created sub-forums for so many different areas. Only problem is that 99.9% of the activity is in the SoCal forum, which was fine, until I moved to Reno......so anyone in the Reno area? :grinpimp:

Living Still
01-04-2008, 07:10 PM
There are quite a few active members on this board that are from Reno. MichaelW is in the area along with a few other guys that have posted up in the welcome area. You might also want to check out Reno4x4.com. There are always trail runs being planned and the people over there seem pretty cool. I am from Reno, but I live in Seattle 9 months of the year.

-Casey

gcg
01-04-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm in Reno, too.

OnlyInMyJeep
01-05-2008, 07:54 AM
I haven't been back to eddie's site sense I was ban. I heard that it is like I was never there. I had the number one thread on that site and it is gone. What a joke of a site. He had better get his act together or he will be gone. He will lose sponsers when he has no more followers. That means he no longer makes his money nor does he get his free parts. That just makes me feel so bad. NOT!

Nope your name came up just last night in regards to someone having some pictures of his wife wearing only body paint in the same place his Jeep pictures were. He did not realize it and deleted them but not before someone said they had saved them and were sending them to you. If this is true please forward because I did not get to see them. :D

MichaelW
01-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Nope your name came up just last night in regards to someone having some pictures of his wife wearing only body paint in the same place his Jeep pictures were. He did not realize it and deleted them but not before someone said they had saved them and were sending them to you. If this is true please forward because I did not get to see them. :DI am sorry but as a moderator of this board I feel the need to step in here and "moderate". So I am putting my foot down.

First send the pictures to me for inspection and review, then if I approve, you can send them to anyone else. :laughing:

OnlyInMyJeep
01-05-2008, 02:33 PM
I am sorry but as a moderator of this board I feel the need to step in here and "moderate". So I am putting my foot down.

First send the pictures to me for inspection and review, then if I approve, you can send them to anyone else. :laughing:

I would but they got deleted before I could see them. :bawling: It seems this guy did not realize that they were available for all to see if you backtrack the album to it's parent directory. Someone there claims to have them however I don't.

dsp
01-11-2008, 12:52 PM

hey Rupe whats goingon

JKGirl
01-11-2008, 02:07 PM
HEY!!!!! Well Hello guys!!!!!! I missed you!!! They deleted some of my posts too...Hmmmm...crazy :girly: But glad to be here and see so many names I recognize!!! :D Whatcha all been up too????:)

FzyPChz
01-11-2008, 02:27 PM
HEY!!!!! Well Hello guys!!!!!! I missed you!!! They deleted some of my posts too...Hmmmm...crazy :girly: But glad to be here and see so many names I recognize!!! :D Whatcha all been up too????:)

Hey JKGirl, I recognize that screen name! Welcome to the site! You'll enjoy the laid back atmosphere here. I sure do. There's definitely a more mature crowd posting here.

drbeddow
01-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey there JK girl............ Strong women really do rock! After all you found us here. :beer:

JKGirl
01-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Awwww....Drbeddow!!! Hey were't you supposed to get a tattoo from Kat??? ( or do I have you mixed up with someone else????...its been awhile....)

drbeddow
01-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Must be someone else .... but I would KILL for a tat from Kat. She kinda makes me poke out in front. :devil:;)

WRANGLERV8
01-14-2008, 04:28 PM

I think you'll see alot of names you recognize on here.:D

igofshn
01-18-2008, 09:54 AM
This is funny. I replide to a post at JK Forum with a link to poly performance shock relocators via the quadratec website, a sponsored member of their forum. This is what I got in a pm.

Dear IGOFSHN,

You have received an infraction at JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board.

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?p=300505

Reason:
-------
Forum Rules Violation

Although the link you posted went to Quadratec, Poly is still a blacklisted manufacturer and even Quadratec understands that they are not allowed to post links to Poly products on their own website. Please do not do this again.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board

Bigjerm
01-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Just had my post in the "Show and tell" section deleted for the Rugged Ridge XHD. All i did was post pictures and give my basic review. Infact I copied and pasted the same thing i posted here in the Modified section to Jk-forum. Guess it didnt sit to well with those who make money and get free parts.

"Hi BigJerm,
I wanted to let you know that your Jeep looks awesome with your new bumper but I also need to let you know that the following quote was brought to my attention:

http://jk-forum.com/showpost.php?p=295806&postcount=6

Needless to say, the promotion of products provided by non-sponsoring manufacturers is typically not allowed as it is a common technique used to skirt the system. Also, I should point out that Rugged Ridge/Omix-Ada is a company that has deliberately broken our rules by soliciting here and had been repremanded for it. Having said all that, you have always been a good member here and realize that it is not your intensions to cause any problems and so, if you would, I'd be grateful if you could please refrain from making specific attempts to promote this bumper.

Just so you know, I deleted your Show and Tell Post but left the one under Modified Tech and moved the subsequent responses into that thread as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Eddie"

BigO
01-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Wow IGOFSHN, an infraction brings a point against you. This sounds serious. I hope you'll be able to sleep tonight. I mean, you SURLEY wouldn't want to be banned from "JK-Forum - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board". After all, it IS "JK-Forum - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board"...in case you didn't notice.

cab76
01-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Wow IGOFSHN, an infraction brings a point against you. This sounds serious. I hope you'll be able to sleep tonight. I mean, you SURLEY wouldn't want to be banned from "JK-Forum - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board". After all, it IS "JK-Forum - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board"...in case you didn't notice.

LOL. The sad thing is most people on that site have no idea that Poly is "blacklisted" and the information given on the board suffers because of it. What most of us want in a forum is information. For example if a poster asks "What's the best type of lift?" on JK-Forum, they will hear all kinds of input on Full Traction but they won't hear a word about Poly. The poster doesn't want to know the best type of lift only from JK-Forum blessed manufacturers, he wants to know the best type of lift, period. The Poly shock relocators are a good case in point. The rear shock mounts has been a common complaint by many (I bet even Eddie has weighed in on that at some point). I don't think anyone other than Poly currently offers a fix for that (I could be wrong on this btw), and yet no one at JK-Forum can even talk about it.

Also, BigJerm you are now officially a RR pimp over at JK-Forum - all your bumper pics have now been deleted.

gcg
01-18-2008, 01:05 PM
I've never seen anything like this. Even forums put up by a specific manufacturer generally allow at least mention of other products. The childish behavior over there is so far over the top it just makes me shake my head and wonder what is going through the little control freak's mind. Telling Quadratec that they can't post a link to Poly ON THEIR OWN SITE is just completely wacky. Does he think he owns the JK world (well, apparently, yes).

In a constructive sense, though, I do think it would be nice of all of us to chip in and send him to spelling school.

venom
01-18-2008, 01:18 PM
well I just risked being banned by telling it like it is in the "why is this board evil" thread over there....
I followed all of their rules and was very polite and respectful.
We'll see how long it stays.

Didn't take long to get argued with so theres a start, wonder how many PMs are flying about that thread right now...

Honestly, I'm NOT trolling over there, I just think that people should know that they may not be getting the full picture when they ask for advice or opinions.

BigO
01-18-2008, 01:48 PM
well I just risked being banned by telling it like it is in the "why is this board evil" thread over there....
I followed all of their rules and was very polite and respectful.
We'll see how long it stays.

Didn't take long to get argued with so theres a start, wonder how many PMs are flying about that thread right now...

Honestly, I'm NOT trolling over there, I just think that people should know that they may not be getting the full picture when they ask for advice or opinions.

Well, you did hit the nail on the head. The rules laid out for the members are not the problem. Follow them or go somewhere else. I have no problem with that.

It's not being able to get good recommendations for lifts, bumpers, or whatever because of WOL's beef with a few companies is what the problem is there. Some products can't even be mentioned or they get censored. I personally couldn't give a crap if a company broke a rule at a friggin' internet forum. If they make a good product, I still want to get info about it. But that's why there are multiple forums on the net. Just because one site has a ton of members doesn't make it the best site to get unbiased information.

Anyways, where you wrote "poly" is now "****" LOL!!

venom
01-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Yup, I got banned
after the argument that I wouldn't get banned by Toad on there...

purposely posting a blacklisted company- 3 day ban

Date the ban will be lifted: 01-21-2008, 03:00 PM

venom
01-18-2008, 02:05 PM
DAMN!
guess I pushed Eddie's button,
He got uber nasty in his reply!
calling me names and everything!
also lied to people saying I wouldn't get banned when I did.

BigO
01-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Yup, I got banned
after the argument that I wouldn't get banned by Toad on there...

purposely posting a blacklisted company- 3 day ban

Date the ban will be lifted: 01-21-2008, 03:00 PM

LOL! You've been sent to the corner. :bounce:

venom
01-18-2008, 02:19 PM
funny,in his big tirade of a reply calling me a parasite and so on, he said I wouldn't get banned or edited as 'I wasn't that special' yet I got both.

Know what that means??

I'M SPECIAL!!

But really, I was very respectful and all.
I didn't talk smack as he said and all that
wow, guess I must have REALLY touched on a couple of sore spots!

igofshn
01-18-2008, 02:25 PM
I just read that entire thread. I laughed for 10 minutes.

BigO
01-18-2008, 02:32 PM
funny,in his big tirade of a reply calling me a parasite and so on, he said I wouldn't get banned or edited as 'I wasn't that special' yet I got both.

venom
01-18-2008, 02:33 PM
heh
a buddy of mine registered and posted a simple one liner stating I was banned when they said I wouldn't be and he got insta-banned and the post deleted.
Nice way to run a board!

cab76
01-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Well I just added my 2 cents over there as well. We'll see if the response to my long winded (but very subdued and respectful) concerns are as heavy-handed as they were to yours, Venom. Kind of funny that you were banned for listing a blacklisted company, when your entire reason for listing the company was not to promote the company in any way but to make the point that it was not possible to even mention that company. I guess he proved your point and underlined it by ***ing the post (and WOL claims that the software does this automatically, but I was surprised right after you posted it "poly" was showing, hmmm...) and then BANNING you! I guess you won't be responding to the arguments made against you for the next 3 days (and it will likely be locked before that).

venom
01-18-2008, 02:47 PM
well I could respond - I have lots of friends that could all sign up and post for me
OR
there are these neato little things called proxy servers that insulate your IP so I could make a thousand bogus accounts

BUT

it's not worth my time, let him stew over it
I think both he and his lackeys have proven my point far better than I ever could have!
Just would be nice for people to know I DID get banned after he said I wouldn't, but oh well, my silence will probably speak to that effect.

But in your opinion, did I 'talk smack' about him or the site?
I thought I very carefully made sure to be fact oriented and in no way insulting.
The whole blowing a gasket and calling me all that crap, I think most people will read that and go 'what the hell? where did that come from?'
especially if they read all my other posts over there which were purely helpful!

Alec W
01-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Iíve never seen a forum run like that. Unreal!

Alec W
01-18-2008, 02:53 PM

Nope, not at all.

I think most people will read that and go 'what the hell? where did that come from?'

Sadly, I doubt it. Most people are followers and not leaders in life. He is their Jeep god :shaking::shaking:

venom
01-18-2008, 02:55 PM
like the guy that wants to buy him a drink for calling me a parasite :grinpimp:
the e-thug pic is most appropriate, since he banned me and THEN did his name calling nasty response
I wasn't even supposed to see it :thefinger:
oh well
:bawling::bawling::bawling: :D

cab76
01-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I thought I very carefully made sure to be fact oriented and in no way insulting.
The whole blowing a gasket and calling me all that crap, I think most people will read that and go 'what the hell? where did that come from?'
especially if they read all my other posts over there which were purely helpful!

No, I thought your post was well meaning and respectful. Actually it was kind of refreshing to actually try to have a real dialogue on this over there which I why I posted up. Although I've seen it before I was still very surprised at WOL's response to your post. Starting off calling you a "parasite" that has done nothing but "leach information..." Nice.

DILYSI Dave
01-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Iíve never seen a forum run like that. Unreal!

If you view it as an enthusiast site, the tactics make no sense. If you view it as his business, then it does make sense to eliminate competition. I got banned as a vendor for answering someones question on when a product would ship. He told me that I was banned for spamming. I told him that I was simply trying to provide a service to his members, and was told that if I didn't want to anti up a few grand, then I wasn't welcome. My mistake was that I thought it was an enthusaist board. It's not.

Full Disclosure - I am the Engineering Manager for Rugged Ridge. I met Jeremy through a local enthusiast forum when I needed someone to test fit some 2 door stuff for me, as we only have a 4 door in-house. I am also an enthusiast. My ride is a '91 YJ on 33's. It's not much yet, but it's getting there. Seems like a cool community here. I hope that the source of my paycheck isn't a problem.

cab76
01-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Nope, not at all.

Sadly, I doubt it. Most people are followers and not leaders in life. He is their Jeep god :shaking::shaking:

The other problem is that this is in the off-topic section of the website that I would guess most people never visit - so most won't even know that thread exists.

gcg
01-18-2008, 03:06 PM
I'll say it one more time - just resign from that forum. By continuing to patronize it you just add value to the little control freak's site. Why put up with it. He treats all his users like stupid children and acts like he's the tyrannical father. No need to put up with that kind of treatment, ever. You make the biggest statement by resigning. Once enough folks resign, his site becomes useless and his behavior gets the proper and fitting reward. Why anyone feels the need to walk on egg shells so as to not offend Eddie is beyond me. He's the one that's out of line. Catering to him only validates his ridiculous position. Resigning puts him in his place.

Alec W
01-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Starting off calling you a "parasite" that has done nothing but "leach information..." Nice.

Venom is not the only parasite (go back and check) :laughing:

gcg
01-18-2008, 03:12 PM
like the guy that wants to buy him a drink for calling me a parasite :grinpimp:
the e-thug pic is most appropriate, since he banned me and THEN did his name calling nasty response
I wasn't even supposed to see it :thefinger:
oh well
:bawling::bawling::bawling: :D
He did the same thing to me - let all his little suck up servants bash me all day then locked the thread before I could reply. I started a new one and quit the forum in that one but he immediately deleted it, called me a pimp and banned me. He's basically a coward when it comes to his site. Anyone with the slightest amount of confidence would welcome and encourage dissent as it provides useful and needed feedback to improve things. Shutting it down is the cowardly approach.

venom
01-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Cab76 - yaaay we're both parasites!
You banned too?
I feel like I'm in good company and that the other forum needs to see a doctor since it has parasites...:bounce::mr-t:

cab76
01-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Venom is not the only parasite (go back and check) :laughing:

Yep - me too! Wow, how insulting. I have been a member of that forum since Oct 06 and have always been as helpful as possible in responding to posts. Well I'm done - just made my last post over there. I'll admit it will be difficult to stay away because of the good traffic there, but there is no way I'll go back after being treated like that. He seems to think that it is the sponsors that allow the site to exist. He couldn't be more wrong - without the participation of the members there is no forum. I have no doubt that with the continuation of these tactics it won't be long before he has to either amends the rules or risk a dead forum.

cab76
01-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Cab76 - yaaay we're both parasites!
You banned too?

Not that I know of, but it's of no consequence to me as I've made my last post there.

cab76
01-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Well WOL apologized for calling me names and then locked the thread. At least he did that. But now when I go there I can't access my mailbox. It seems I haven't been banned but some privileges have been revoked. Does that make me SPECIAL too? Kind of funny - he can spend all the time he wants taking away privileges, I won't be using them anyways.

BigO
01-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Well WOL apologized for calling me names and then locked the thread. At least he did that.

He (or his MANY moderators) snoops around to see what others are saying. Hell, I would do it too if I acted like him LOL! Information here was probably gathered and reported back. He initially responded to you with emotion, and then calmed down and responded with reason once he saw the results of his first response. That's the sign of a business owner who needs to learn how to respond to criticism with "professionalism". If his sh!t don't stink, there's no reason for being defensive and condescending. His "product" (website) will speak for itself.

venom
01-18-2008, 06:46 PM
well I'm not banned anymore either, I just rec'd a 'point' for saying poly
no PMs (except for the one notifying me I rec'd the point) and I'm not allowed to search
I knew there was a reason the city firewall at work labels that site 'games' and won't let me on from the Zoo.

BigO
01-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Venom...I'm diggin' the custom user title..."Parasite" :D

cab76
01-18-2008, 07:22 PM
well I'm not banned anymore either, I just rec'd a 'point' for saying poly
no PMs (except for the one notifying me I rec'd the point) and I'm not allowed to search
I knew there was a reason the city firewall at work labels that site 'games' and won't let me on from the Zoo.

Just out of curiosity I checked and my mailbox is still gone and I can't use the search feature either. What a joke. So I guess I am being punished for speaking my mind as I didn't even break any of the forum's lame rules (that I know of) in making my post (I haven't received an email or PM to let me know what has or hasn't been revoked and why). Not that I care, as I said I won't go back, but does he actually think these little punishments will have any affect other than to drive people away?

I noticed venom's user title too - very nice. How does one get to be Senior Parasite?

Bigjerm
01-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Information here was probably gathered and reported back. .

this is true. He sent me a PM telling me why deleted my Show and Tell thread on the RR bumper. Then he sent me another PM because someone found my post in this thread about him. So i basically told him i think his forum is to much kiss ass with the sponsors and he is to busy making things better himself getting free parts and money and not helping the community or allowing for competition on the site. He basically told me to F-off, go start my own forum if i didnt like it and that JKforum is his own personal business. He then decided to tell me he doesnt get "free" parts, he gets paid to put parts on his Jeep.

Then he says i cant promote my bumper but i CAN post pictures... But then i just got an infraction for posting pictures again with no other info.

Kinda sad when what should be an enthusiast forum is now considered someones personal business for profit and it gets treated with only one person in mind.

So Eddie, or your mods (because im sure someone is looking)....

a plumber
01-18-2008, 10:20 PM
I was going to stay out of this but, i got a "infraction" a month or so ago......

12-23-2007, 11:47 PM
wayoflife
Administrator

My.Project-JK Gallery

Default Regarding your recent post
Hi a plumber,
I just read your recent post about the "stories" that other have gossiped to you and so far as I'm concerned, you can believe whatever they tell you. However, if you have specific questions that you would like to ask me about how I run my forum, I would be grateful if you would direct them to me as opposed to seeking out speculation from others.

Regarding certain boards being cencored, I see no info there that can be useful to members here other than a diatribe of whiners who piss and moan about me, my rules and how they have been so wrongfully banned from here and how innocent they are. As far as questioning vendors go, just do a search and see for yourself what kind of crap we allow them to take. As for the higher-ups being challenged here goes, I have no idea what you are talking about as there are plethora of members here who do that all the time and even go so far as to talk smack about us on your other boards and they have not been banned.

Just to help refresh your memory, here is the rules you and everyone else agreed to when becoming a member here:

Quote:
I understand that JK-Forum.com is a sponsor supported website and while the open discussion of all products being manufactured or services being offered for the Jeep JK Wrangler is encouraged, I will refrain from posting contact information such as phone numbers, email addresses or direct links back to manufacturers or vendors (including eBay Store links or competing forums) unless they are a sponsor of JK-Forum.com. I understand that JK-Forum.com has a responsibility to their supporting sponsors and any posts containing such information will be edited or deleted accordingly.

I understand that it is the policy of JK-Forum.com to NOT allow manufacturers, vendors, dealers, shops, Jeep related businesses, competing websites or for-profit publications to participate on and/or to solicit their products, services or websites anywhere on JK-Forum.com unless they are a sponsor of JK-Forum.com. I also understand that JK-Forum.com considers soliciting to include the contacting of members though private messages and/or though email as well as a user name, signature and/or user profile that contains a business name, phone number, email address, website URL or direct link back to it.

I understand that JK-Forum.com is a privately owned website and that my ability to become a member here is a privilege and not a right. I also understand that the owners of JK-Forum.com reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason and without any prior notice.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. You are also acknowledging that you have read the term and conditions outlined above carefully and agree to abide by them.

Although the administrators and moderators of JK-Forum.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of JK-Forum.com, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Eddie

I did not know he had sent me a pm.......

12-23-2007, 11:48 PM
wayoflife
Administrator

My.Project-JK Gallery

Default Please check your PM
I just sent you a message regarding your posts, please read them. If you have issues about how I run my forum, I would be grateful if you would direct them to me and by PM.

Sincerely,
Eddie

no bs i still did not know he had sent me a pm......

12-23-2007, 11:53 PM
wayoflife
Administrator

My.Project-JK Gallery

Default You have received a warning at JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board
Dear a plumber,

You have received a warning at JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board.

Reason:
-------
Forum Rules Violation

If you keep on posting these messages of yours in spite of the fact that I have PM'd you twice about them, I will consider your acts to be trolling. Please acknowledge that you have received my PM's and contact me with any questions that you might have.

Sincerely,
Eddie
-------

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,

my response after seeing pm's a couple minutes later......

12-24-2007, 12:17 AM
a plumber
JK Enthusiast

My.Project-JK Gallery

Default Re: You have received a warning at JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulle
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayoflife
Dear a plumber,

You have received a warning at JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board.

Reason:
-------
Forum Rules Violation

If you keep on posting these messages of yours in spite of the fact that I have PM'd you twice about them, I will consider your acts to be trolling. Please acknowledge that you have received my PM's and contact me with any questions that you might have.

Sincerely,
Eddie
-------

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
I honestly did not see your pm's and i did not send out my last message. please explain to me why you do not recognize other sights. no bs on my part i have been with pirate for a while now and when they came out with a jk sight i was excited. all i read over there is how this place is controlled and i tested it once or twice and it was confirmed. review my posts you will be able to tell how i felt about you sight, i was willing to put together a Colorado trail run for you. It just seems like we cannot post any other views here.

reply........

12-24-2007, 12:41 AM
wayoflife
Administrator

My.Project-JK Gallery

Default Re: You have received a warning at JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulle
Quote:
Originally Posted by a plumber
I honestly did not see your pm's and i did not send out my last message.

Fair enough, I believe you. You'll have to understand that we have had multiple users in the past who went on an unstoppable rampage of post after post with no other intension than to cause trouble here and all of them are now big supporters of the other forum you participate on. Need I say, I was under the assumption that you might be another one of them.

Quote:
please explain to me why you do not recognize other sights. no bs on my part i have been with pirate for a while now and when they came out with a jk sight i was excited.

In all honesty, the forum you speak of was not always a part of pirate and the original owner was a company that has been blacklisted for their questionable business practices and conduct here. And, over the past year, we have found that forum to be a haven for all those who hate me personally and/or this forum and so I see no reason to open our doors to them. Also, I have since become aware of the animosity the owner of pirate have for me, even though I have never met them in person and so I have no desires to help them either.

Quote:
all i read over there is how this place is controlled and i tested it once or twice and it was confirmed.

If you don't mind me asking, in what way did you test our control? Also, did you happen to read the rules that I sent you? Just so you know, we do enforce them and I do need to remind you that they are rules that you agreed to when signing up.

Quote:
review my posts you will be able to tell how i felt about you sight, i was willing to put together a Colorado trail run for you.

I remember who you are and the post you are referring to. And honestly, so long as you abide by our rules, I have no problems with you or anyone including those who go around talking smack about us on other forums like little school girls.

Quote:
It just seems like we cannot post any other views here

Such as?? There are only two blacklisted companies that we do not allow any discussion of and only because of their questionable business practices and conduct here. Otherwise, as our rules state, we encourage the discussion of all other products and simply ask that you refrain from posting direct links (i.e. clickable - simply omit the "www.") unless they are sponsors of this website.

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for bringing this discussion directly to me.

Sincerely,
Eddie

anyway the only reason i am posting this is i went there tonight and i cannot access my acct. i am not banned as far s i know but evidently i recieved a "infraction" and cannot do anything with my acct. oh well his lost.......

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::b eer::beer:

i know this is a little hard to follow sorry:D

Bigjerm
01-18-2008, 10:49 PM
i never actually read the rules but now that I did i realize i was never in the wrong. According to his rules, advertising, promoting, soliciting is all considered posting links, contact info and prices... not pictures and reviews

Its ok, he has gone as far as to censor the name of my local club because it was in my signature i guess... Pretty bad when you feel threaten by a local club :laughing:

cab76
01-19-2008, 12:26 AM
It looks like the "why is JKForum evil" thread that venom and I posted in is now not only locked but has been deleted all together. I think that type of stuff is most frustrating about that forum - there is all this activity in the background to control the dialogue that 99% of the members probably have no clue about. There's all this talk from the mods about post whatever you want as long as it doesn't violate the rules it won't get deleted, just do a search, etc., etc. and then they go and manipulate posts, delete posts, delete threads, not necessarily because of rules that have been broken but solely to control what the average member sees when they search or post in the forums. I have yet to see a perfect forum, but if you have to delete a thread that simply had some well-meaning suggestions/concerns raised just so no one else gets any bright ideas (or maybe it's because WOL doesn't want people to see his out of proportion emotional responses - who knows), then I've got to think it's all downhill from here for JKForum.

Plumber - interesting story - appears typical. It's funny that he keeps saying these are the rules that you signed when you joined. When I joined back in late 06 I know for a fact the rules were different than they are now, so those rules keep changing and he certainly doesn't inform the members every time there's a rule change so that everyone can be sure to keep up. Instead you inadvertently break one and then get a time out or infraction or whatever. And we're the smack talking "little school girls"? I've never seen so much unprofessional whining and smack talking from a moderator/administrator as I see every now and then from WOL (no offense to JKGirl and the other strong, intelligent female JK owners out there).

Oh well, at least there are good, alternative JK forums to visit!! That's what competition is all about! :usa:

venom
01-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Well I guess my account there is perma-crippled.
My PM from piginajeep said my access would be limited for 'purposefully posting the name of a blacklisted company' (even though all I posted was the word 'poly') until my infraction point expires. If I goto my control panel, it shows I have 1 point from a 'private' post (that means deleted post) and it never expires.
Is that like 'I won't ban you, but I'll handicap your account permanently so you won't want to come back'?
I mean, golly, I can't use PMs and can't search.:bawling:
The crippled search is annoying since I can't just get new threads, PMs - eh, who cares?
So there are 3 possible ways to proceed as I see it:

1. Live with the BS and not look for new threads, and since I'm allowed to post but not search, just post a new thread with any question I may have (such as 'how do I take my doors off?:thefinger: ) and when everyone gripes to use search, explain I'm not allowed..

2. abandon my account and just start a new one - there are plenty of proxy servers and free email accounts.

3. say screw 'em and don't look back

Hmmm,
what would Mr. T :mr-t: or Chuck Norris http://reptilogic.com/norris.gif do?

Alec W
01-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Well I guess my account there is perma-crippled.
My PM from piginajeep said my access would be limited for 'purposefully posting the name of a blacklisted company' (even though all I posted was the word 'poly') until my infraction point expires. If I goto my control panel, it shows I have 1 point from a 'private' post (that means deleted post) and it never expires.
Is that like 'I won't ban you, but I'll handicap your account permanently so you won't want to come back'?
I mean, golly, I can't use PMs and can't search.:bawling:
The crippled search is annoying since I can't just get new threads, PMs - eh, who cares?
So there are 3 possible ways to proceed as I see it:

1. Live with the BS and not look for new threads, and since I'm allowed to post but not search, just post a new thread with any question I may have (such as 'how do I take my doors off?:thefinger: ) and when everyone gripes to use search, explain I'm not allowed..

2. abandon my account and just start a new one - there are plenty of proxy servers and free email accounts.

3. say screw 'em and don't look back

Hmmm,
what would Mr. T :mr-t: or Chuck Norris http://reptilogic.com/norris.gif do?

Be a true parasite like me and donít log in or help anyone. The search works fine unless I log in ;) Darn amateur parasites :thefinger:

venom
01-19-2008, 09:56 AM
yeah but most of the time I went to the 'new posts since last visit' and since that's a search, and since it won't know when I visited last without logging in it doesn't help.
And besides if I'm not allowed to search, I'll have to post all my questions "what size tires are on my jeep?", "What does RUBICON mean?" etc etc :bounce:

gcg
01-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Seems to me like we're seeing "battered woman syndrome" here. The guy treats you like absolute crap and you keep whimpering back to him trying to figure out how to do something or another on the site, checking what you can and can't do on a daily basis. Why not just write him and his silly forum off, period.

cab76
01-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Seems to me like we're seeing "battered woman syndrome" here. The guy treats you like absolute crap and you keep whimpering back to him trying to figure out how to do something or another on the site, checking what you can and can't do on a daily basis. Why not just write him and his silly forum off, period.

Exactly - just cut all ties. Let him add all the new restriction he wants to your account, just don't go back. I know it's tough (believe me I spent a ton of time on that forum) because there is a wealth of information there, but the only way the other forums will start gaining more traffic is if people start visiting them instead of JKForum. That's certainly what Chuck would do (maybe after a well-placed roundhouse to the jaw).

Also, not that I care what Eddie decides to do with his forum from here on out, but that's the only way he's gonna learn is when his traffic starts decreasing and his precious sponsors start making noise. Actually it looks like it already is decreasing - anyone else notice the highest user count was way back in June 07?

seer
01-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey,
I've been wondering where y'all disappeared to. There's a whole bunch of new '08 owners there now wondering if they should take theirs in for the stall flash. Good to "read" you again.

Angryitch
01-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah, no ****... There is a ton on information on the other forum, but I find myself skipping over a lot of threads and posts because it's the same info over and over and over again. I don't spend the time over there like I use to...

Bigjerm
01-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Yeah, no ****... There is a ton on information on the other forum, but I find myself skipping over a lot of threads and posts because it's the same info over and over and over again. I don't spend the time over there like I use to...

wait do you know how to take of the front factory bumper, if these wheels will fit and what size tires a stock Rubicon has?

DILYSI Dave
01-19-2008, 07:56 PM
For what it's worth, I'd take it easy on Eddie. While I don't agree with his rules or tactics, he has always been polite, even in telling me that I wasn't welcome there. He's walking a fine line trying to maintain a sponsor supported board in a world full of enthusiast based boards. I don't envy his job, trying to keep both sides happy.

The biggest thing though, is try not to let this become an "us vs. them" thing. I've seen too many communities and friendships killed over this kind of drama. For some folk, this place will be a better fit. For others, the other board will remain home. The antagonism serves no purpose but to split the community.

$.02 from someone who has seen this movie before, and already knows the ending.

gcg
01-19-2008, 08:13 PM
For what it's worth, I'd take it easy on Eddie. While I don't agree with his rules or tactics, he has always been polite, even in telling me that I wasn't welcome there. He's walking a fine line trying to maintain a sponsor supported board in a world full of enthusiast based boards. I don't envy his job, trying to keep both sides happy.

The biggest thing though, is try not to let this become an "us vs. them" thing. I've seen too many communities and friendships killed over this kind of drama. For some folk, this place will be a better fit. For others, the other board will remain home. The antagonism serves no purpose but to split the community.

You mean like he takes it easy on anyone and everyone that dare test "THE SACRED RULES OF EDDIE"? He made unfounded statements against a company that I have used. I simply stated that I didn't think his statements were true based on my experience with them for 4 years. He ended up calling me a pimp for them and banned me. I have absolutely no association with that company or any other 4 wheel drive company. It's just ridiculous. I see no reason to take it easy on him. If he acted professionally, then he would deserve professional consideration. But he's nothing other than a bully with an undeserved ego. Why take it easy on him? Why tolerate it? He uses his board to trash anyone that disagrees with him and then locks the thread, deletes posts that disagree with him and bans the user. At least on this forum the members have a chance to voice their side of the argument since he won't allow a user to voice their side on his site. He's a little control freak and that's about it.

I respect your opinion but whole heartedly disagree. If someone is going to act that way then others owe it to themselves to speak out and set the record straight. Being nice to a bully only encourages more of the same childish behavior.

cab76
01-19-2008, 09:01 PM

I have to disagree with this as well. He certainly wasn't polite to me when telling me that I wasn't welcome there after being a contributing member to his forum for over a year. Since you were told early on that you weren't welcome it's possible you haven't followed the board as closely as some of us. I can think of numerous posts where I've seen Eddie blow up on people very unprofessionally and in many cases his reaction is not at all proportionate to the issue. In my case it was simply for voicing my concerns with the site's policies. I've seen him do this in the past to others that similarly voiced their concerns and also to those with "unfounded" issues with a sponsor. Once someone had an issue that he wanted the sponsor to resolve (sounded like based on principle). When he declined Eddie's offer to help resolve it himself and put the issue to rest, he was labeled a troll, etc. I don't pretend to know Eddie personally and I try not to personally attack him. Eddie may be a great guy and I have seen many stories of him helping others install their lifts, etc., but his actions on JKForum are certainly impolite and unprofessional at times and his forum rules are overbearing and frustrating.

And I agree that it's not easy keeping sponsors happy, keeping members happy, and keeping a forum running smoothly (eliminating trolls, etc.). However almost all Jeep forums (including this one) are sponsor supported and get along just fine without the oppressive editing of posts, etc. that goes on over there.

Finally, one thing I agree with is not getting into a forum war and the us vs. them mentality. I think everyone here would agree that the vast majority of JKForum members are great and some will be perfectly happy to stay there even knowing everything that we know - more power to them - live and let live (we are just talking about an internet forum after all - pretty minor in the vast scheme of things). With that said, a lot of people spend a lot of time on these forums, investing their time and energy to support the forum and be helpful to the other members. I believe that most members on JKForum, if they knew the type of manipulation that was occurring in the background would not keep frequenting that forum and spending the majority of their time supporting a forum that is so fundamentally flawed and that has ownership that clearly doesn't respect its members. And Eddie must be worried about that or he would not be censoring opinions and deleting threads. So, I think threads like this one are more than just venting but are useful because they give the side of the story that your average JKForum member doesn't see and might make them think twice about supporting JKForum (if they somehow find this site).

Alec W
01-19-2008, 09:14 PM
This Eddie idiot has the thinnest skin of anyone Iíve ever seen running a forum. Heís almost Napoleonic (is this even a word). I was told not to post pictures of my Jeep there because I have a Poly Performance lift, unreal, the guy is a psycho.

Bigjerm
01-20-2008, 07:11 AM
This Eddie idiot has the thinnest skin of anyone Iíve ever seen running a forum. Heís almost Napoleonic (is this even a word). I was told not to post pictures of my Jeep there because I have a Poly Performance lift, unreal, the guy is a psycho.

i got all my pictures deleted as well because I have non sponsor stuff on. Now other members are getting the bumpers so ill be interested to see what he does

seer
01-20-2008, 07:26 AM
wait do you know how to take of the front factory bumper, if these wheels will fit and what size tires a stock Rubicon has?

Ooooo, is this the test we have to take to join this forum?:laughing:

CDNBigDaddy
01-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Sorry to hack the thread, but Seer, what front bumper is that?? That is off the hook! Looking for something new for my 08 JKU .............. then again, always looking for something new !:jeep2:

Also, are those the stock fog lights in it?

seer
01-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Short hijack,
Thanks it's from Nate's4X4. It uses the stock fogs and you oughta see it now with the winch on it.

Back to the thread: I posted pictures of this bumper over there before Nate became a sponsor. (They're still over there if you want to see some larger pictures of it Big Daddy. User name seer1.) I didn't get spanked for doing that or anything. But Nate then became a sponsor within the next couple of weeks.

A while back after a few :beer: I got tired of someone or another trashing anyone who didn't go along with his opinions so I thought I'd :stirthepot: but I used the "F" word so I got censored. After that I started noticing my non-technical replies disappearing. Go figure.

I still go there for the information side, but I don't hang there to socialize.

JeepJerrySeinfeld
01-20-2008, 09:37 PM
31's are stock rubicons:confused:

igofshn
01-21-2008, 07:03 AM
32's are stock on the rubicon.

luigi0523
01-22-2008, 07:31 AM
That Bonehead Eddie makes me wish I hadn't bought a FT suspension and my name wasn't Ed! :thefinger:
Actually he had no influence on my choice of suspension purchase!
The other day someone asked for a recommendation for a gear change in Denver, so trying to be helpful I posted contact info. The Bonehead deleted it cause it was a non supporting vendor. WHY? Eddie doesn't even have a vendor in the Denver area, so what's the harm? :shaking:

BigO
01-22-2008, 08:15 AM
That Bonehead Eddie makes me wish I hadn't bought a FT suspension and my name wasn't Ed! :thefinger:
Actually he had no influence on my choice of suspension purchase!
The other day someone asked for a recommendation for a gear change in Denver, so trying to be helpful I posted contact info. The Bonehead deleted it cause it was a non supporting vendor. WHY? Eddie doesn't even have a vendor in the Denver area, so what's the harm? :shaking:

Next time, send a PM to help someone.

Oh...wait...they edit those, too.

Nevermind.

luigi0523
01-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Next time, send a PM to help someone.

Oh...wait...they edit those, too.

Nevermind.

YEAH! Had that happen too! JK-F:thefinger:

seer
01-22-2008, 08:35 AM

Nope! Go back to the other forum!:laughing2:

igofshn
01-24-2008, 07:00 AM
apparently I am on double secret probation. I can't post without approval of the mods. I can't even send a pm. This stems from me posting a link to quadratec refering to poly performance shock relocators. I then posted a pic of my Jeep to a guy that wanted to see 35's on stock rims. Eddie know I have Shaffer's fenders so he deleted the pic and put me in the "special club". No great loss. I go play at the other forums on the net.

jeepik
01-24-2008, 09:00 AM
yup me too

i cant send or recieve PM's either

paragon
01-24-2008, 10:42 AM
apparently I am on double secret probation. I can't post without approval of the mods. I can't even send a pm. This stems from me posting a link to quadratec refering to poly performance shock relocators. I then posted a pic of my Jeep to a guy that wanted to see 35's on stock rims. Eddie know I have Shaffer's fenders so he deleted the pic and put me in the "special club". No great loss. I go play at the other forums on the net.

that's absurd

a plumber
01-24-2008, 11:06 AM
that makes 3 of us on secret probation, i tried to put up a post a couple days ago and he never let it through, the post asked if there was something wrong with pm account. I am done over there, I like it here a lot better anyway, HIS loss is how i see it

Bigjerm
01-24-2008, 11:14 AM
make it 4. I have no PM access, cant search or see member profiles or post without a mod approving it first. I atempted to post in the SouthEast section and the post was "hey guys, hope to ride with you that weekend" and it never showed up. If i click on my profile i cant use the signature option or any custom settings.

O well, guess ill take my Rugged Ridge pimpin self elsewhere!

Alec W
01-24-2008, 11:57 AM
The other day someone asked for a recommendation for a gear change in Denver, so trying to be helpful I posted contact info.
What shop did you recommend and what do they charge if you don;t mind me asking? I need to get gears installed on mine. Sorry for the hijack ;)

Alec W
01-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Nope! Go back to the other forum!:laughing2:
LOL, he failed the test :D:D

Alec W
01-24-2008, 12:01 PM
make it 4. I have no PM access, cant search or see member profiles or post without a mod approving it first.
Make it 5. I just signed in and have the same deal.

I expect he is reading this thread. Hi eddie :thefinger::thefinger:

nam6869usmc
01-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Make it 5. I just signed in and have the same deal.

I expect he is reading this thread. Hi eddie :thefinger::thefinger:

Ya, he's always here...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/nam676869/eddie.jpg

gcg
01-24-2008, 02:21 PM
For those of you that have been recently banned and may be missing Eddie:

Eddie's Other Web Site (http://horsefame.tripod.com/MrEdT.htm)

steve&2jc's
01-24-2008, 02:37 PM
For those of you that have been recently banned and may be missing Eddie:

Eddie's Other Web Site (http://horsefame.tripod.com/MrEdT.htm)

When I saw horse in the link I figured it would be a horse site/video from the Seattle area :D.

NE Wrangling
01-25-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm also on that other site and I'm not changing my handle to hide. I've gotten plenty of deletions and edits. Funny they have in the vendor section a arb jack plastic thing from Northridge and All I posted was I;d rather use a 4x4 peice of pressure treated wood. Guess what common sense is deleted. 50 bucks for that thing is just stupid.

doggstyle
01-27-2008, 02:58 PM
I had a post deleted over there because I asked about Poly Performance products. I am glad it got deleted because as a result I found this site. On this site I found a whole bunch of information about Poly Performance and as a result I am going to be purchasing some of their products.

1TallJKer
01-29-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm not surprised that it got deleted, it is one of the 3 'blacklisted' vendors/manufacturers.

The list is a bit hidden, but its there. You have to go to 'Modified JK Tech', go to the 'ATTENTION: Please read before you post' sticky. End of the 3rd paragraph under 'MEMBERS'. It doesn't really jump out at you, but it is there.

jeepik
01-29-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm also on that other site and I'm not changing my handle to hide. I've gotten plenty of deletions and edits. Funny they have in the vendor section a arb jack plastic thing from Northridge and All I posted was I;d rather use a 4x4 peice of pressure treated wood. Guess what common sense is deleted. 50 bucks for that thing is just stupid.

maybe your opinion, i for one ordered the jack base, 50 bucks is cheap to me, and it will look great and i will not need to use a piece of 2x2 to hold up my 30K Jeep.

Alec W
01-29-2008, 11:18 AM
maybe your opinion, i for one ordered the jack base, 50 bucks is cheap to me, and it will look great and i will not need to use a piece of 2x2 to hold up my 30K Jeep.
Thatís what makes an open message board great, itís about discussing things and alternatives etc. Personally, $50 is nothing to me either but Iíd just as soon keep it in my pocket for something else and use a 2x2 ;) Anyhow, merely posting an alternative solution is no grounds for having a post deleted.

Alec W
01-29-2008, 11:19 AM
BTW, why do you care what your Jeep looks like when youíre changing a spare?

jeepik
01-29-2008, 11:55 AM
yeah because the 2x2 fits perfectly in the spare compartment, holds my factory OEM lug lock key.

if this was only about looks, then i wouldnt care, this thing has a ton of convinience features, fitting like a glove and not moving around on you is a huge plus in my book

R33F
01-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Wow :shaking:

Roklimo
01-30-2008, 05:26 AM
They having some problems over there on the "other forum"?

"Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.39 Server at jk-forum.com Port 80"

MichaelW
01-30-2008, 07:52 AM
They having some problems over there on the "other forum"?

"Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.39 Server at jk-forum.com Port 80"I look forward to when we exceed our bandwidth. I congratulate Eddie on reaching this milestone. When it happens to us then we all get to harass Lance because we are jonesing. :laughing:

BTW, this just proves that PT Barnum was right. :thefinger::mr-t:

:laughing:

WRANGLERV8
02-05-2008, 06:37 AM
Well,I can be added to the "other site just pissed me off" list.I guess you can't say "dealer" and "for sale" in the same paragragh without them being assumed to be connected with each other.I had no idea I had to be so careful with my words.You would think it's as bad as saying "bomb" on an airplane.

Bigjerm
02-05-2008, 06:39 AM
Well,I can be added to the "other site just pissed me off" list.I guess you can't say "dealer" and "for sale" in the same paragragh without them being assumed to be connected with each other.I had no idea I had to be so careful with my words.You would think it's as bad as saying "bomb" on an airplane.

:stirthepot:

John L
02-05-2008, 07:02 AM

Somebody get security over here:laughing2:

Mr. T
02-15-2008, 09:45 AM
hey all. another "convert" here. don't know how i never found this place before, but, it is good to see a bunch of familiar people on here. I especially like that there is an icon just for me.. -->:mr-t: hahaha..
same complaints here, and just wanted to say hello. :beer:

Lucas718
02-20-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm a semi-regular over at the other forum. I surf a bunch of different jeep sites and just found this one tonight by way of a Liberty forum of all places. Being new to the Jeep world I can say I hadn't heard of Poly Performance until now. I like to look around at all the products available and make up my own mind on what is right for my Jeep. I'll still play by the rules at the various sites but its good to get some more info here that isn't available at other sites. Anyway, I like this site and I'll be adding it to the rotation.

NE Wrangling
02-20-2008, 08:56 PM

Yeah 50 bucks is no big deal for me either I guess I was just surprised that my note got deleted. It's a cool concept but for the very few times I plan to use a jack I'd rather throw down a peice of wood.

cab76
02-20-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm a semi-regular over at the other forum. I surf a bunch of different jeep sites and just found this one tonight by way of a Liberty forum of all places. Being new to the Jeep world I can say I hadn't heard of Poly Performance until now. I like to look around at all the products available and make up my own mind on what is right for my Jeep. I'll still play by the rules at the various sites but its good to get some more info here that isn't available at other sites. Anyway, I like this site and I'll be adding it to the rotation.

welcome!

mytjjeep
03-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Hey guys I just found this site. I look them all over once in a while and lately I've been seeing there is a revolution going on. LOL Haven't had my hands slapped personally but I noticed a lot of the knowlegable posters had been missing form the "other" forum. I've found a lot of good info on here in just one night and it sure is nice being able to have a link to the info posted right there. Hope to contribute and look in a lot more often now that I've found this place.

igofshn
03-03-2008, 09:53 PM
I noticed a lot of the knowlegable posters had been missing form the "other" forum

Eddie doesn't want anybody that might have a little more knowledge than him on his site. He is afraid that some of the truth about the BS that goes on over there might come out.

Alec W
03-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Simply posting pictures of my JK over there and answering a question about my lift (Poly Performance) was enough for him to eventually IP ban me. OK, so I did poke him a couple of time too :thefinger:

http://www.xaltitudevideo.com/jeep/jk-forum/ipbanned.jpg

Eddie, we know you are vain enough to read this post. I can bypass your IP block but last time I looked there was nothing new there. The same old questions and same old answers directing people to your sponsors only!

a plumber
03-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Simply posting pictures of my JK over there and answering a question about my lift (Poly Performance) was enough for him to eventually IP ban me. OK, so I did poke him a couple of time too :thefinger:

http://www.xaltitudevideo.com/jeep/jk-forum/ipbanned.jpg

Eddie, we know you are vain enough to read this post. I can bypass your IP block but last time I looked there was nothing new there. The same old questions and same old answers directing people to your sponsors only!
Oh well his loss, Moab is getting closer. I was thinking of planning some local trips here pretty soon are you in?

Alec W
03-04-2008, 07:46 PM
I was thinking of planning some local trips here pretty soon are you in?

Yep, my better half and I are itching to do a lot of local wheeling this year.

LostCreek
03-11-2008, 11:54 PM
I thought I very carefully made sure to be fact oriented and in no way insulting. The whole blowing a gasket and calling me all that crap, I think most people will read that and go 'what the hell? where did that come from?'

I think I know which thread this was, and I was blown away --quit "His" forum over it. You were making what is called "an argument" -like in voicing a different opinion and backing it with facts and logic. Then the Admin guy kinda wet his pants and went from snarky to nasty, and then said if you disagree, you could go to another forum. That you? or was that one in dozens like it? Sheesh what a little :crybaby2: this guy was. I was so shocked I just quit!

Now I see Rupedog here too... Hard to believe it, you were major senior members, huge contributors, and he banned you guys? :shaking: No class.

Rupedog
03-21-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm sure there will be alot more moving over here in the near future. The guy is just a big kid and he is running everyone out of his sandbox. Pretty soon he won't have anyone to play with and no sponsers, because they are going to go where the people are.

dsp
03-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Hey Rupe, we have been looking for you on 4x4him, where you at?
JKGirl says Happy Easter:innocent:

Rupedog
03-22-2008, 06:53 PM
I was on some hunting sites today. I'll go look over there. Happy Easter sent you a PM on 4x4him site

cab76
08-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Sorry to dredge up an older jk-forum sucks thread (there are a lot of them), but I was trying to find a general complaint thread and this was one of the longer ones. Anyways, I came across an old post of mine from JKBoard that I thought you would all get a kick out of, particularly given the latest booting of Jason and the FL gang.

So, I've been around on the JK forums since the first one was created (JKBoard) way back in mid 2006. When I first started seeing the poor forum management practices in late 07 on JK-Forum I decided to go back and check some of Eddie's threads from when he used to post on JKBoard when Project-JK was just getting started. I remembered him getting butt hurt about someone accusing him of pimping his website and thus I was shocked that he was getting so touchy about links to other sites and such. Eddie used to come to JKBoard and link to project-jk all the time (often very informative posts by the way). Then, when someone accused him of "pimping his website" here is what he said:

"pimping my website"? "accusing other wheelers of not knowing how to build up their rigs properly"? i'm sorry ghostship, in all honesty, i wasn't trying to accuse you of anything and if this were a face to face conversation, i think it would be easier for you to believe me. but, this being the internet and all, i can understand if you have your doubts. as far as my website goes, is there any way that you can see for me to continue posting here without it seeming like i'm "pimping my website" to you? i ask this with all sincerety as i am not trying to intentionally make waves here with you or anyone else but rather just to get involved with other jk enthusiasts. and, what can i say, this is where all the action has been and i'm grateful that mike and 4x4rockshop has provided it for us. but, if you would rather i just go away, let me know i would be willing to do so and without making a stink about it.

sincerely,
eddie

karnuvore
08-04-2008, 07:51 AM
I said it in the other thread....

That internet nerd would last about 30 seconds w/ me and my redneck friends down here in florida. Ever heard the Roger Waters song "the bravery of being out of range?"

The title alone explains volumes about that pencil necked lil geek.

Dustoff '68
09-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Robar just sacked up :D thats all I needed to know

ROBAR ain't got no phreakin' sack....it's a ...a....a......:thefinger:

jacktuttle
09-07-2008, 08:19 PM
I sent a PM to another member with a link to here and it was FAWKING EDITED !!!!! :pissed: sorry but screwing with PM's is childish even if it is a bot to detect "jkowners"

hold on while I post a random link to an off-road product and not have it edited :laughing: www.rockstomper.com OMFG !!! a non-edited link

Just what is it that has "The Other Board" so against this board? I joined it not knowing it was such a major sin to mention this board.... WOW :shaking: I was given a list of boards that can not be mentioned there. Does any one know of a reason for that list? Did some one here piss in a beer over there? :beer:

SDMF
09-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Careful man, asking that question here might get you banned over there. :D

jacktuttle
09-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Careful man, asking that question here might get you banned over there. :D

No problem, I have been very hesitant to post there for fear of being banned for making the wrong post. I'm finding it easier to just not go there and removed the link from my favorites list. That way I stay out of trouble. I'm mostly interested in finding friends to wheel with. The fact that you can not post a trail run here and there means I'm only checking here.

rockcrawl
09-07-2008, 08:37 PM
I just noticed that the member total in the other board is down by about 2000 members from what it was a little while ago. HUH?

100dollarman
09-07-2008, 08:50 PM
The administration of that forum is a joke. I dont know why you guys even go over there.

SDMF
09-07-2008, 09:08 PM
I just noticed that the member total in the other board is down by about 2000 members from what it was a little while ago. HUH?

Maybe they are deleting out accounts now? I can only hope...I'd love for my user to be deleted.

tgrt
09-08-2008, 06:08 AM
Perhaps their sponsors saw messages (like the one I posted that got me banned finally) and demanded that they clean things up?

Dustoff '68
09-08-2008, 06:38 AM
Perhaps their sponsors saw messages (like the one I posted that got me banned finally) and demanded that they clean things up?

That's EXACTLY what's happening...some of these sponsors (many) are fed up with what goes on their.

igofshn
09-08-2008, 01:48 PM
That's EXACTLY what's happening...some of these sponsors (many) are fed up with what goes on their.
You know this how????? Are you just guessing??? Are the sponsors contacting you???

dayton1999
09-08-2008, 01:54 PM
You know this how????? Are you just guessing??? Are the sponsors contacting you???

Dude... he's psycho... er, I mean psychic. :thefinger:

Dustoff '68
09-08-2008, 02:13 PM

Both!:thefinger:

Crazy X
09-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Every Dog has Its day. He cant continue running people of like that because
One person tells another who tells another. You get the Idea:)

igofshn
09-08-2008, 03:02 PM
how about full of crap.

Dustoff '68
09-08-2008, 03:46 PM
how about full of crap.

How about not trolling for trouble as you are so adept at...160+ posts in this thread, and you come along and contribute nothing...I know you are not trying to get a rise out of me, boy.

P.S. Have you read Four Wheeler Magazine $hithead?

Crazy X
09-11-2008, 04:17 PM
How about not trolling for trouble as you are so adept at...160+ posts in this thread, and you come along and contribute nothing...I know you are not trying to get a rise out of me, boy.

Whats up with that stmt. Did I miss something?

mcnaught6
09-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Whats up with that stmt. Did I miss something?

dusty is a bit of a paranoid schizophrenic.

karnuvore
09-11-2008, 05:34 PM
dusty is a bit of a paranoid schizophrenic.

we may disagree on our politics..but you called that one right.

Dustoff '68
09-12-2008, 02:50 AM
Ouch...that burns....you two really look cute together...:thefinger:

zxqwertyxz
10-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Funny, i sent a PM to another guy on that board who kindly gave me his front bumper with tow hooks and side steps. He was looking for a soft top and I suggested he look on the other JK board in a PM. He asked which one. I obliged, not really realizing, and sent www.jkowners.com in my message. When i got his PM back, it was my original message, except www.jk******.com. Classic government twist on "private". Interesting, that's all.