Carnegie/BBQ 24 Apr?? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Carnegie/BBQ 24 Apr??

09rubicon
04-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Seeing as the last little local Carnegie meet & Greet went well I was thinking another was in order. Pending weather I am thinking maybe BBQ some burgers or Tri-Tip and some cold frosties of your choice. Still plenty of playing in the 4x4 area but also just some sit back and BS fun as well. Anyone interested??????

I can provide the BBQ,Burgers-Tri-Tip, accoutroments, etc. I would like to see at least 4 or 5 others turn out for something like this. Most of you locals have my phone number and email, drop me a line if your interested??

Attending:
09Rubicon
Marcy (maybe)
Cruzcode (maybe)
Toadontheroad (maybe)
sbron
geekguy (maybe)

So far alot of maybe's?? I would hate to bring out a bunch of yummy Tri-Tip and have no one to share it with.

Marcy
04-20-2010, 09:19 PM
This sounds like fun. Around what time?

09rubicon
04-20-2010, 09:22 PM
I am thinking meet up around 10ish, play on some of the obstacles and just have fun. Last weekend the four of us were out there almost all day.

Marcy
04-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Sweet! Hope to make it out there this weekend.

Eugene
04-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Arrrgh! No can do that day. My son has a school concert that day in Antioch. Plus haven't gotten to my rig yet and the suspension for my XJ just got here Double Arrrgh!

toadontheroad
04-20-2010, 11:53 PM
I would be interested. it will depend on a concrete pour or not. keep the post going!

cruzcode
04-21-2010, 12:40 AM
Seeing as the last little local Carnegie meet & Greet went well I was thinking another was in order. Pending weather I am thinking maybe BBQ some burgers or Tri-Tip and some cold frosties of your choice. Still plenty of playing in the 4x4 area but also just some sit back and BS fun as well. Anyone interested??????

I can provide the BBQ,Burgers-Tri-Tip, accoutroments, etc. I would like to see at least 4 or 5 others turn out for something like this. Most of you locals have my phone number and email, drop me a line if your interested??

:bounce:

I absolutely love the idea. The only problem is that I have not yet installed my OBB system to go with my OBA system under the hood (On-Board Barbeque).

I have several scheduling conflicts, and I'll be out of town next weekend. I'm going to try to move some things around for this Saturday. For those of you who are football fans, I'll list myself as "questionable" (50%) right now, with a strong chance to be upgraded to "probable" (75%) as the week progresses.

Damnit, and I just washed the JK this week, from last weekend's outing!!!

RC

cruzcode
04-21-2010, 12:43 AM
Alan, you out there???

RC

09rubicon
04-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Running tally of who is coming is now on first post. I hope we can get a better turn out than what it looks like so far.....

rubirobv
04-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Can't make it this weekend. My son is having surgery this Friday. How's everyone's schedule in, let's say two weeks, on the 8th. We should have some better weather by then. Just Sayin.

I'll bring the beer and for "Eugene", the Tanqueray over ice. He loves that stuff.:beer::beer:

09rubicon
04-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Can't make it this weekend. My son is having surgery this Friday. How's everyone's schedule in, let's say two weeks, on the 8th. We should have some better weather by then. Just Sayin.

I'll bring the beer and for "Eugene", the Tanqueray over ice. He loves that stuff.:beer::beer:

I am still shooting for this weekend, but there is no reason we cant do it again on the 8th for those that cant make it this saturday (or those that just want to do it twice!).

geekguy
04-21-2010, 07:47 PM
I will try to make it out but I work Saturday mornings. I could try to be out there in the afternoon.

sbron
04-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Hope this works. This is my first post. I live in the bay area and would like to join your run to the Carnegie area. Let me know if it's still on.
Ron

09rubicon
04-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Hope this works. This is my first post. I live in the bay area and would like to join your run to the Carnegie area. Let me know if it's still on.
Ron

Ron,
I will be there regaurdless of who shows, the more the better.

Alan,
Hope you can make it out as well, we will save a beer and burger for you!! Did you ever get your JK clean from last time??

09rubicon
04-21-2010, 08:20 PM
:bounce:

I absolutely love the idea. The only problem is that I have not yet installed my OBB system to go with my OBA system under the hood (On-Board Barbeque).

I have several scheduling conflicts, and I'll be out of town next weekend. I'm going to try to move some things around for this Saturday. For those of you who are football fans, I'll list myself as "questionable" (50%) right now, with a strong chance to be upgraded to "probable" (75%) as the week progresses.

Damnit, and I just washed the JK this week, from last weekend's outing!!!

RC

I m giving you 5/2 odds right now with the line at 1:15PM!

MBATF
04-21-2010, 10:28 PM
hmmmm tri-tips!!!

geekguy
04-21-2010, 10:42 PM
I spent the rest of that day and the next morning cleaning out that crap.:shaking: I'm thinking no mud pit this time.

09rubicon
04-21-2010, 10:58 PM
hmmmm tri-tips!!!

Your always invited, I can't leave my supplier out!!!!

I spent the rest of that day and the next morning cleaning out that crap.:shaking: I'm thinking no mud pit this time.

Just dont get stuck this time!!! I still haven't cleaned mine yet! I have been waiting to get a ticket for all the mud falling off of it!

cruzcode
04-22-2010, 12:19 AM

It is going to take you THREE MONTHS to get all of that mud out, TRUST ME!

When I installed my CB in March, I was worried that I would find mud behind the dash panel due to that damn mud pit in January!

RC

cruzcode
04-22-2010, 12:21 AM
I m giving you 5/2 odds right now with the line at 1:15PM!

Hmmmm... I'm going to have to check Vegas on those odds, before I double down!

If I roll out, I'll be there in full effect. But I really like the suggestion of the May 8th regardless of what happens this weekend. Just throwing it out there...

RC

geekguy
04-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Just dont get stuck this time!!!

Yeah, thanks for draggin me out of there.

It is going to take you THREE MONTHS to get all of that mud out, TRUST ME!

I know, I still find chunks of dirt in the driveway now and then.

09rubicon
04-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Anymore takers??? I am putting together a shopping list tonight!

toadontheroad
04-22-2010, 08:46 PM
I believe I'll be there in the afternoon. Need to climb some rocks!

toadontheroad
04-22-2010, 08:48 PM

Hey Rob, hope its nuthin bad... I could not stand my kid going under a knife. As parents we have to make some tough choices, don't we?

toadontheroad
04-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Ron

Ron! welcome to the forum. If you pay close attention, you might actually learn something. Happens to me here often!

toadontheroad
04-22-2010, 08:52 PM
So far alot of maybe's?? I would hate to bring out a bunch of yummy Tri-Tip and have no one to share it with.

Jeez! I missed the part about hte Tri-tip! For that I'd bring the beer! Like I said, hope to be there after 1pm...

09rubicon
04-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Jeez! I missed the part about hte Tri-tip! For that I'd bring the beer! Like I said, hope to be there after 1pm...

You can always bring the beer-restock/refill!

cruzcode
04-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Ron

Ron,

Welcome to THE forum!!! Glad to have you!

RC

Eugene
04-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Hope you guys have a blast. Like Rubirob said, if we do it again in a couple a weeks I'll be able to make it. I'll have the Jeep done by then so Ill tackle the rocks. But like I said last week "I don't do mud! So don't ask"

Marcy
04-23-2010, 10:32 AM
I am not going to be able to make this trip :( I will for sure go on the 8th if everyone is still planning on being out there that day!

09rubicon
04-23-2010, 10:51 AM
I am not going to be able to make this trip :( I will for sure go on the 8th if everyone is still planning on being out there that day!

What could possibly be more important that a JKO BBQ????????

Marcy
04-23-2010, 10:57 AM

Babysitting my nephew while his parents go to Tin Bender Jamboree

09rubicon
04-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Babysitting my nephew while his parents go to Tin Bender Jamboree

Bring him with you! My daughter is only 8 months and loves to come out and play (she will be there Sat.)!

Eugene
04-23-2010, 11:13 AM

I enjoy the little one while she is still little. Wait till she is in ballet, or figure skating, or some other endevour that takes away your summer weekends. My daughter played tournament softball for years so I know what it is like.

Marcy
04-23-2010, 11:20 AM
I don't know how his parents feel about him going along. Plus, his feet are so chubby shoes don't fit him LOL!

09rubicon
04-23-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't know how his parents feel about him going along. Plus, his feet are so chubby shoes don't fit him LOL!

We are bringing an inflatable mattress and some blankets for Sarah to play on if that helps, your more than welcome to join us.

Marcy
04-23-2010, 01:07 PM
We are bringing an inflatable mattress and some blankets for Sarah to play on if that helps, your more than welcome to join us.

I'm thinking that would probably work but don't really feel comfortable wheeling with him. You can count a friend and I in for the 8th though, my nephew wont be at my house that weekend.

I was looking at the pictures posted in the Trail and Trip Reports... Who owns the 4 door silver JK?

rubirobv
04-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Hey Rob, hope its nuthin bad... I could not stand my kid going under a knife. As parents we have to make some tough choices, don't we?

Thanks Toadontheroad,

My boy had his tonsils and adenoids removed. He's home now and recovering nicely. He's a trooper. I'm proud of him.

I'll try and drive out to Carnegie and spend an hour out there so I can meet you fine folks.

09rubicon
04-23-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm thinking that would probably work but don't really feel comfortable wheeling with him. You can count a friend and I in for the 8th though, my nephew wont be at my house that weekend.

I was looking at the pictures posted in the Trail and Trip Reports... Who owns the 4 door silver JK?

Silver 4dr would be Geekguy (aka Alan)

Thanks Toadontheroad,

My boy had his tonsils and adenoids removed. He's home now and recovering nicely. He's a trooper. I'm proud of him.

I'll try and drive out to Carnegie and spend an hour out there so I can meet you fine folks.

Your always welcome and if your son is up to it we will have a soft place for him to sit and relax and enjoy some BBQ.

cruzcode
04-23-2010, 05:45 PM

Hey! Why not ask who owns the 4 door BLACK JK??? j/k :D

RC

09rubicon
04-23-2010, 08:13 PM
I am bringing the following:

Grill
Tri-Tip
Burgers
Hotdogs
Soda
Water
Beer
Condiments
Paper plates/knives/spoons/forks

If you guys want anything else just bring it with you!

cruzcode
04-24-2010, 02:34 AM

Marcy,

I can appreciate not feeling comfortable wheeling with him. I figure, since you know Scott (09Rubicon), you've gotta be cool, so I'll let you wheel my rig, while the nephew chills in the carseat of yours in A/C. Not bad, eh?

We'll see you there!!!

Just a thought. JKOers coming together...

RC

P.S. Scott, by the way, I'm in!!! :bounce: Brian, we'll miss you on this one. Alan, you coming out in the afternoon???

Eugene
04-25-2010, 02:19 PM
So how did it go! Pics? Carnage? Muddddddd?

toadontheroad
04-25-2010, 05:03 PM
No serious carnage. Not much mud either, but it was a beeea-u-tiful day. Good to actually see rigs with mods and ask whats and why about chosen mods. Thanks guys.

cruzcode
04-25-2010, 05:42 PM
So how did it go! Pics? Carnage? Muddddddd?

Alright, alright... Give me a few minutes!

RC

cruzcode
04-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Here are some of the pics from our outing. More to come! :beer:

RC

cruzcode
04-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Here is the next set... :beer:

RC

cruzcode
04-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Scott, Renee, & Ron,

Thanks for bringing out the grill, grub, and drinks! We'll rotate this to the other half next time!

Great to see everyone yesterday! (Oh, and I got home safely without losing all of my ATF+4)...

RC

sbron
04-25-2010, 11:13 PM
I had a great time. Meeting everyone was cool and the food was excellent. Scott, I discovered a small, silver spoon in one of my food bags. I figure it belongs to Sarah. I can send it to you in the mail if you want. Just let me know.
Ron

09rubicon
04-25-2010, 11:23 PM
I had a great time. Meeting everyone was cool and the food was excellent. Scott, I discovered a small, silver spoon in one of my food bags. I figure it belongs to Sarah. I can send it to you in the mail if you want. Just let me know.
Ron

Dont worry about it, we have tons of them. Thanks for lookin out though! I am still jealous of your JK. How did your drive home go?

Scott

sbron
04-26-2010, 07:57 PM
The drive was fine, no issues. From now on, I'll disconnect the battery to eliminate both any ESP issues and also any miles that would otherwise be logged onto the odometer. I'm still surprised that I "put 70 miles" on the Jeep simply by towing it to Carnegie.

cruzcode
04-26-2010, 09:46 PM
The drive was fine, no issues. From now on, I'll disconnect the battery to eliminate both any ESP issues and also any miles that would otherwise be logged onto the odometer. I'm still surprised that I "put 70 miles" on the Jeep simply by towing it to Carnegie.

Wow, that's right, it will log miles. I wouldn't have thought of that. The battery discon, sounds like a good move.

RC

Marcy
04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Hey! Why not ask who owns the 4 door BLACK JK??? j/k :D

RC

LOL! I don't have to ask, I can tell by your sig line. I think toadontheroad may live around the corner from me, that's why I was asking.

cruzcode
05-05-2010, 12:08 AM
LOL! I don't have to ask, I can tell by your sig line. I think toadontheroad may live around the corner from me, that's why I was asking.

I was just teasing. :p

Due to some transmission line issues I need to address, I won't be back out for another couple of weeks. But, hopefully it will either be with a new lift or with a Pro-Rock 44 installed... :bounce:

RC