Recommend a 4x4 shop in NC [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Recommend a 4x4 shop in NC

BlueTJ
04-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Looking to have some work done on my TJ, I know there is a shop in Indian Trail NC, but can't find it listed anywhere online. Any ideas?

I know about Tarheel 4x4, but it is a long drive.

tkob1060
04-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Looking to have some work done on my TJ, I know there is a shop in Indian Trail NC, but can't find it listed anywhere online. Any ideas?

I know about Tarheel 4x4, but it is a long drive.

Hey Ryan what are you getting done?

Tarheel is a ripoff!!

http://www.carolinatruggies.com/contact

kerryp
04-19-2010, 05:40 PM
check out Carolina Rock Shop, when I lived in Charlotte, they were really good (if they are still around, and their work was good enough that they should be)...

lmg5819
04-19-2010, 05:54 PM
wait for Lou!

BlueTJ
04-20-2010, 06:28 AM
I emailed carolina truggies...we'll see

johnmcd
04-20-2010, 06:39 AM
http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/
My neighbor has all of his work done there, talk to CPerry, he is a vendor on Pirate.

Abadjeeper
04-20-2010, 07:13 AM
What are you looking to have done and where exactly are you? I've been known to build a Jeep now and then. :smokin: LMK

Jeremey

BlueTJ
04-20-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm getting a really bad vibration in the front end when I hit a pot hole or bump. This just started happening after my last trip to Uwharrie. I havent driven the jeep much due to this and its time to get it fixed.

Abadjeeper
04-20-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm getting a really bad vibration in the front end when I hit a pot hole or bump. This just started happening after my last trip to Uwharrie. I havent driven the jeep much due to this and its time to get it fixed.

Sounds like you have a case of death wobble. Either you knocked it out of alignment or something is loose in the front suspension. It is a pretty common problem if you aren't running heavy duty components.

Jeremey

NC-Rubicon1
04-20-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm also looking for a place that can install a Nth Degree lift for me.
I'm in Indian Trail, NC.

Someone said that Tarheel is a rip off, but can you recommend a better (and cheaper) place that can install this for me?

tkob1060
04-20-2010, 03:36 PM
http://www.carolinatruggies.com/contact

I'm also looking for a place that can install a Nth Degree lift for me.
I'm in Indian Trail, NC.

Someone said that Tarheel is a rip off, but can you recommend a better (and cheaper) place that can install this for me?

see my link they are in Indian Trail :grinpimp:

Abadjeeper
04-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Well guys I do stuff on the side to help fellow jeepers out so if you need anything feel free to give me a shout. I'm not against allowing you to hang out and help so that you can learn too. I used to have a shop that I did work out of but now I just do it out of my house in Huntersville. I have pretty much all my tools here to do pretty much anything besides build cages. I just don't have room to setup my bender and what not. I do have my Mig and plasma cutter at the house so welding and other fab is possible.

Jeremey

NC-Rubicon1
04-20-2010, 08:51 PM
I might take you up on that offer Jeremy.
I'd like to learn a lot more about this kind of stuff.

I'll look you up when I buy my lift.
Thanks.

Abadjeeper
04-21-2010, 06:23 AM
No problem. Make sure when you start thinking about a lift you post up on here to get some opinions. There is a wealth of knowledge on this board.

Jeremey

BlueTJ
04-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Carolina Truggies is a waste of time. I emailed them 2 days ago. I called them, no answer. Called again, spoke with someone who said he would call me back...nothing. Now they don't answer their phone. Not sure whats going on with that.

NC-Rubicon1
04-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Jeremy,
I think that I've decided on the AEV Nth Degree 4.5" system.
Based on feedback from others it's a very good set up.

Abadjeeper
04-21-2010, 03:31 PM
What size tire are you planning to run? 4.5" is pretty big. I like AEV and Nth products so I think you are on a good path. Both are well made, Well I guess they are one in the same now. As far as the lift goes at that Height I'd like to see them include arms but I've heard good feedback about it. I have installed the Nth kits on TJ's but never on a JK. I personally run a Rock Krawler 3.5" X Factor with 37's on my JK. I think for the money it and the Teraflex kits are about the most complete you can get. If you are ever up my neck of the woods I'd be more then happy to let you take a look at it or even drive it. Also we can talk shop too. :)

Jeremey

NC-Rubicon1
04-22-2010, 07:27 AM
I think that I've settled on 35" Mud Grapplers. I might include some wheel spacers in if it looks like they need bumped out a bit.
Not sure if I want 15, 16, or 17" wheels though.
Guess I'll need to see them side-by-side to compare looks.

I'm all over town with my job, so I can swing by almost anytime.
Send me your address and cell number via private message.
Next time I'm up that way I'll give you a ring.
I appreciate the offer.

Abadjeeper
04-22-2010, 07:42 PM
PM sent.

Jeremey

AReed
04-23-2010, 06:34 PM
I apologize for not getting back with you. We've been pushing to get everything done in the shop and our office manager had a death in the family resulting in a lot of backed up office work. We can handle any work and start taking jobs on late May, sorry for the inconvenience.
Alex