need advise [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: need advise

bigcountry
04-15-2010, 08:18 PM
anyone know the rules for selling a gun across state boarders? i live in michigan and have someone that would like to buy my gun in ohio? what do i need to do?

Broncojohn
04-15-2010, 09:11 PM
FFL to FFL. My Pop does it all the time. Find a dealer that will ship it to a dealer local to you. He pay's a $25 handling fee by him. So the final cost is Price+shipping+$25.

commanderjb
04-16-2010, 05:09 AM
anyone know the rules for selling a gun across state boarders? i live in michigan and have someone that would like to buy my gun in ohio? what do i need to do?

If you are selling the gun, then you can send it directly to the buyer's FFL for transfer to the buyer. General rule is that the carriers (USPS, FEDEX or UPS) require that you ship via overnight. Even though it is not required, some receiving FFLs require that the shipper be an FFL, so find that out beforehand. Ask for a copy of the FFLs license to be sent or faxed to you (or emailed PDF). I usually enclose it in the box that I ship out in case UPS,USPS or FEDEX gets nosy.

If you are the buyer, then it needs to be shipped to your FFL for transfer and you will need to provide a copy of his license to the seller.