Sway bar disconnect problems [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Sway bar disconnect problems

BeerMonkeY
07-28-2008, 06:18 PM
for the last couple months my sway bar light has been blinking and wont un lock. now i smashed that bar thats in front of the disconnect motor into the plug so i figured thats what was wrong with it, well i looked at it today and got the bar out of it and the large red wire was cut, so i spliced it back together but it still doesnt work, i checked the fuse (only one listed) and its fine, is there any thing else i can look for/check?

93country
08-21-2008, 08:30 AM
When this happened to mine and I took it in to the dealer they said that the big plug connector on the front of the sway bar motor had gotten full of water and corroded the connections. FWIW I now have manual sway bar disco' sand am looking for a stock sway bar. anyone wanna buy an electronic disco sway bar? :)

BeerMonkeY
08-21-2008, 04:21 PM
well i just got a new pigtail fo rmy bar and after i replace it if its not working ill tkae it to the dealer

BeerMonkeY
08-21-2008, 07:23 PM
replaced the plug tonight and it fixed it.

StubEXrube
08-21-2008, 07:30 PM
It is also recommended by some that you put some dielectic grease around there as well, to avoid water entering into the connector/ plug, in the future. And I guess that at around $3000 for a new elec disconnect system...it would be well worth the time to provide yourself that piece of mind.

BeerMonkeY
08-21-2008, 07:50 PM
i am goin to seal it with silicon. and i would have a anti-rock before i spent 3k on that system, hell im suprised i spent the $25 to fix it.

Alec W
08-22-2008, 07:35 AM
As soon as mine breaks it's going to the basement with all the other Rubicon stuff I wasted my money on :laughing:

SDMF
08-22-2008, 07:38 AM
I sold mine for 300 bucks when I got antirocks.